Blurred employer

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 389 of over 389 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital (New Orleans, LA)

Interview

Straight forward. Basic questions in terms of my background & what I am looking to gain from it. What my interests are and what all certifications I have completed till now

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about how you would collaborate within a team.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, TX

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital (Georgetown, TX)

Interview

Ehh it was okay. recruiter, screening, onsite, bar raiser, then heard back after a week on the decision. typical cookie cutter interview style. they had multiple candidates my guess i was 2nd or 3rd in line.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Finance

1y

works at

Fishbowl

🐠 AMA | PE Managing Director The Fishbowl community will be having an exclusive Q&A session with an MD from a leading global PE firm this Thursday. Contribute questions beforehand here!

68 Comments

Finance

526.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/finance

Got a burning question about interviews at GE Capital? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with GE Capital employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

GE Capital

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

Not bad as I interviewed with Sr Manager and team. It helps to network beforehand to make the process easier. When your already working internally at GE you need to apply to the job right away because there could be many people applying as well. Unfortunately sometimes politics are involved.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in this department?

GE Capital

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

Very good, easy and very efficiently communicated with - all correspondence arrived as advised. The HR team were helpful and advised at every step what was needed and what would take place - seamless from start to finish.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you be right for this role.

GE Capital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

I initially had an HR interview where I was asked some questions about my CV and other logistical questions. The next stage was an interview with 3 members of the Financial Crime team. I was asked motivational, strength-based and competency-based questions in a relaxed manner.

Interview Questions
  • "How comfortable would you be with reading a bank statement in Spanish and extracting relevant information from it?"

GE Capital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

There was one interview for which I was invited less than a week before. Even though I was at that time based abroad (which they knew ahead of time) they decided to interview me as the first candidate. Questions were quite typical, nothing suprising. I thought it went quite well. I wasn’t offered the position and I only received a e-mail template saying they chose someone else without providing any feedback. I found that very disrespectful, given that I travelled there specifically for the interview and at my own cost. Also, I think they could have given me more time to arrange the travel, but they didn’t care, cause I was paying for that. Overall, the process lasted too long for just one stage of interviews (over 2 months). I felt like the recruitment process was all about them and it was very poorly managed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2021

Interview

2 interviews process. The interviewer took too long to give guidance on the position. While keeping me hanging around when could have easily given me a straight yes or no. Not very ethically handled by interviewer,

Interview Questions
  • Why this industry? Where do you see yourself after the internship

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Melbourne)

Interview

One informal chat; one formal interview with hiring manager; phone interview with HR; one formal interview with CIO. Well organised. Interviewers were well prepared. It was a good process. People were on-time, polite, and honest.

Interview Questions
  • Suggestions for how I would tackle relevant industry challenges.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (Shelton, CT) in Mar 2021

Interview

I had one interview over the phone. I would of rather done it by video or in person. I know with COVID it's difficult but she didn't even set up the call on video just by phone.

Interview Questions
  • What was my salary and I don't think this was appropriate.

GE Capital

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

All they did was ask me about my prior jobs. Specifically, they asked me to walk them through my CV. After that, it was why did you make the choices that you did. They never asked about my skill set.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 389 Interviews

GE Capital Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at GE Capital as 69.4% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.85 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Risk Analyst and Aviation rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Accounts Receivable and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at GE Capital takes an average of 31.13 days when considering 329 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Assistant Account Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Junior Military Officer Role roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 210 days).

Common stages of the interview process at GE Capital according to 329 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.82%

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

193.7K

Quality Assurance Associate

If employers are shopping cheap, should we just apply for roles that we're less qualified for?

0 Comments

Quality Assurance Associate

I had an interview late August, sent a thank you the same day, followed up when they said they would get back to me, and then again a week later and I got no response. I gave up and they just sent me an email saying the position was on hold and they hoped to have an update at the end of the week. I'd still like to see what they might offer me so what could I say in response?

0 Comments

Management

Have you ever been asked by a recruiter to sign an nda before they can speak to you about a job they're recruiting you for? Mind you they reached out to me

1 Comment

GE Capital Photos

+ Add Photo
GE Capital photo of: GE Capital Fleet
GE Capital photo of: Industrial Finance HQ
GE Capital photo of: GE Healthcare Equipment Finance, we know healthcare because healthcare is all we do. It is this dedication that has built the foundation of our custom financial strategies.
GE Capital photo of: Our new Industrial Finance organization serves customers in Healthcare, Transportation, Distributed Power, Marine industries and Municipalities around the world.
GE Capital photo of: With our vast inventory of aircraft and engines, we buy and sell aircraft and engines with investors, we also maintain a warehouse of over 100,000 certified aviation parts for trade around the world
GE Capital photo of: We provide management solutions for commercial aircraft and engines, and aviation consultancy services that specialize in providing airport solutions and airline planning.
GE Capital photo of: Multiple secured loan options for aircraft, engines and spare parts

Expert Career Advice