GE Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2018

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Interview was fine , 1 week hiring. One on two with a person that I was not even going to work for. The person I was going to work for said nothing.

There was no training program for my specific podition, had to be in with customer service and accounting people. Once I got to the work station i had a nuddy but was exprctef yo figure it out on my own was 70%. Then yhere are no bonuses or insentive pay. Plus I told the up front I wad not going yo be doing collection. They gave collections the third week. Also ran into very aggressive people that had low tolerance for newbies.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

It was very long. I met with my (future) supervisor, her supervisor, and her supervisor. This was after a phone interview with an off-site HR company that screens for GE employees. Last I met with HR - I thought to iron out salary, etc., but it was an actual interview, going through my resume etc.

Interview Questions

• "If you are someone who is accustomed to having someone make your copies, write your correspondence, etc., you will not do well here." (obviously, it depends on what role you are in)   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Stamford, CT) in March 2008.

Interview

Talk to many people within various functional teams. The company gave me the opportunity to go after 3 positions and asked me to prioritize according to importance. Company looks for good communicators and leaders.

Interview Questions

• name a project that failed, described how it helped you become a better performer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate enough, but felt they were tough on providing more vacation days.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Behavioral Interviews, Technical Finance questions

Interview Questions

• Walk through cash flow model   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview with recruiter who was very nice. Interviewed via phone, basic questions, reviewed my resume and experience. Received an email three days later for a face to face interview with the hiring manager in the Chicago office. Upon arrival the hiring manager let me know they were busy and didn't have time to interview me. The interview lasted about 12 minutes before I was hustled out the door. Was a huge waste of my time. If the hiring manager didn't have time or didn't feel I was qualified for the position I should had never been scheduled to come in anyway. Have not heard back, not interested. I couldn't imagine working with this person.

Interview Questions

• None. When you get 12 minutes, there were really no questions asked.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Full day of interviews. Took about 2 weeks in all to get hired. Met with manager, a few team members and HR Basic technical questions as well as behavioral questions were asked. A few tough questions to see if you think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a group and a few members weren't pulling their weight   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Capital in February 2013.

Interview

The interviewer went to my school for the same graduate degree yet I felt that he did not take his job as seriously as interviewers from other companies. He seemed misinformed and disinterested. It ended up not having a good impression of the company because of that. Its interesting that the interviewer did not respond to my email thanking him for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult past was getting the interviewers to be engaged   Answer Question

JOLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Danbury, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Positive experience overall, professional and friendly interviewers. Straight forward, no curve balls. Lots of back and forth discussion. It looked like a wonderful place to work! The JOLP is a fantastic opportunity and if the timing would have been different, I would have absolutely accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you were asked to do something that you did not agree with?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

It was difficult to decline - it seems like a wonderful program and GE is one of the few marquee names that is making a great effort to hire U.S. military veterans. For this, I am extremely grateful to the management of GE.

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Extremely professional environment/interview etc. Completely renovated building with modern workstations/offices. Nice lobby and large reception area on conference room floor. Modernized conference, VCS and Telepresence rooms. If your manager is not onsite to interview you will be interviewed via Video conference. The interview process can be long and take months but it's worth it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle yourself in a Matrix environment.   1 Answer

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Capital (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview was quite easy, just resume questions and basic technical questions based on my skill set. They are seeking for someone who has both solid data analysis/programming skills and good academic background. So ivy kids are lucky! They moved very quickly.

Interview Questions

• explain the US investment visa program and compare it to the similar programs in Canada and Australia   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation