GfK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GfK Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

Submitted resume via a friend, received call from senior management, 30-minute phone conversation where they asked one question ("tell me about yourself") then proceeded to spend the rest of the interview talking about their culture and values

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

There was just one interview. Fairly simple, behavioral questions and a case study. I got an offer a day after interviewing. I had three different interviews, each with two team members. In total I was there for about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you research XYZ?
      Strengths/weaknesses
      Resume review   Answer Question

VP Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Where can I begin...

What a promising opportunity with what I believed is a great company. Well, all that was shattered on the final step of the interview process -- presenting to the senior management team. This followed a few phone interviews and two in-person interviews at their NYC office to meet with the SVP the first time and then the SVP and a VP. Everyone agreed in person and throughout the process that they liked my background and what I would bring to the position and company.

When it was time to schedule the final step, I was sent a note telling me that the Managing Director of the division didn't want to meet me as I didn't have enough syndicated market research experience. I never hid my lack of experience and my background was right in front of everyone every step of the way. What made matters worse, aside from the job posting not referencing this requirement, was the obvious lack of communication the management team has with one another.

The entire process could have been avoided and I could have saved my time and money for another pursuit if the management team would have had a five minutes conversation about the role and what background was needed. The lack of communication is a clear indication that not getting the job is a good thing.

There's major dysfunction within GfK MRI and I suggest new candidates avoid it at all costs.

Interview Questions

• What would you approach be to selling market research services?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

The process started with a telephone interview with an HR recruiter. Fairly standard questions. Then I was invited to come into an office for an in-person interview. It turned out to be a group interview with several people, and they asked me to prepare a short presentation, guided by a specific outline.

Interview Questions

• The presentation outline included questions about my vision for the role and my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Wayne, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was offered a phone interview a few days later. I spoke on the phone with HR and was offered an in person interview for the following week. The interview process took about 3 hours. I spoke to one person in-person and four via Lync call/video. There was also a task at the end of the interview that was pretty simple if you know simple math and understand how to present data. I was offered the job less than a week later by receiving a call and then an offer letter via email.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Wanted to know why I wanted to work here and in this field. They really want you to understand that it's an entry level position but they want to promote you and give you all the means to do so.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The office was a very nice and clean space. The office in Manhattan was very big and right next to the world trade center. The interview was very easy. My interviewer asked me to walk him through my resume. Then proceeded to ask me a few behavioral questions. There were very striaght forward questions like, tell me about an experience where you overcame an obstacle.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR. Then I had another phone screen with the Research Associate manager. If I performed better, I would have been asked for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. TEll me about a job where you had repetitive tasks. Tell me about your weaknesses. Is there anything you would like to add that's not included in your resume   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Was not much of what one might expect from a staffing agency directly linked to a company. Staffing company apparently does most of the hiring & process seems very basic & underated

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GfK (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of the phone interviews by Sr. VPs, followed by an in-person interview in the SFO office. GFK is largely a market research shop thats trying to position itself as a strategic company. During the interview process, it was clear that their preference was for someone with an extensive market research experience, that begs the question how is GfK different from many other market research shops.

After the in-person interview, I got a surprise call from the HR - almost after a month of no response. The call, it turns out, was a behavioral interview.

Good to join if you are interested in developing reports from primary research.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, interview was a case study, could have been given more direction but overall not bad, spoke with various team members who were very helpful, no negotiation for salary at all