GfK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GfK Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

The process started with a telephone interview with an HR recruiter. Fairly standard questions. Then I was invited to come into an office for an in-person interview. It turned out to be a group interview with several people, and they asked me to prepare a short presentation, guided by a specific outline.

Interview Questions

• The presentation outline included questions about my vision for the role and my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Wayne, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was offered a phone interview a few days later. I spoke on the phone with HR and was offered an in person interview for the following week. The interview process took about 3 hours. I spoke to one person in-person and four via Lync call/video. There was also a task at the end of the interview that was pretty simple if you know simple math and understand how to present data. I was offered the job less than a week later by receiving a call and then an offer letter via email.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Wanted to know why I wanted to work here and in this field. They really want you to understand that it's an entry level position but they want to promote you and give you all the means to do so.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The office was a very nice and clean space. The office in Manhattan was very big and right next to the world trade center. The interview was very easy. My interviewer asked me to walk him through my resume. Then proceeded to ask me a few behavioral questions. There were very striaght forward questions like, tell me about an experience where you overcame an obstacle.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR. Then I had another phone screen with the Research Associate manager. If I performed better, I would have been asked for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. TEll me about a job where you had repetitive tasks. Tell me about your weaknesses. Is there anything you would like to add that's not included in your resume   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Was not much of what one might expect from a staffing agency directly linked to a company. Staffing company apparently does most of the hiring & process seems very basic & underated

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GfK (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of the phone interviews by Sr. VPs, followed by an in-person interview in the SFO office. GFK is largely a market research shop thats trying to position itself as a strategic company. During the interview process, it was clear that their preference was for someone with an extensive market research experience, that begs the question how is GfK different from many other market research shops.

After the in-person interview, I got a surprise call from the HR - almost after a month of no response. The call, it turns out, was a behavioral interview.

Good to join if you are interested in developing reports from primary research.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview to check background (40 minutes to 1 hour)
    Data test to check background knowledge, data analysis skills and Excel skills (within 5 days)
    Phone interview (Talk about data analysis report and see if eligible for an on-site interview)
    On-site interview (Some behavioral questions and free chat)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Walk me through your past experience
      Answer Question

Research Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume (I had an internal connection). Had a preliminary phone interview with HR. Came in the following week for an in-person interview. Was asked to start working the following week.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions. Asked about my experience, weakness, how I respond to uncertainty.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly quick process. It was comprised of two rounds within a few days of each other. I met with about 9 people in total, which seemed like a lot, but now that I have started working here, it makes total sense.

Interview Questions

• One person interviewing me asked how long I was hoping to stay with a company like this, in this type of role.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over two months . First a phone screen, followed by an in person interview, followed by reference checks . Each step took about to weeks to complete, the process was very staggered.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
GfK Director Interview The presentation outline included questions about my vision for the role and my strengths and weaknesses.
GfK Research Associate Interview Wayne, PA General interview questions. Wanted to know why I wanted to work here and in this field. They really want you to understand that it's an entry level position but they want to promote you and give you all the means to do so.
GfK Market Research Analyst Interview New York, NY Tell me about yourself
GfK Research Associate Interview New York, NY Tell me about yourself. TEll me about a job where you had repetitive tasks. Tell me about your weaknesses. Is there anything you would like to add that's not included in your resume
GfK Project Director Interview New York, NY Very basic
GfK Senior Consultant Interview San Francisco, CA Technical and behavioral
GfK Market Research Analyst Interview Boston, MA Tell me about yourself Walk me through your past experience
GfK Research Project Associate Interview New York, NY Pretty basic interview questions. Asked about my experience, weakness, how I respond to uncertainty.
GfK Director Interview New York, NY One person interviewing me asked how long I was hoping to stay with a company like this, in this type of role.
GfK Administrative Assistant Interview Chicago, IL Tell me your strengths and weakness ?