Goodwill Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.0

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very basic interview. Very easy. 2 managers were in the room while I was asked questions. I was hired on the spot and was asked to come in the next day for paper work. They said it would last about 3 hours. I started 2 days later. Management seemed very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got offered 8.25 an hour and took it.

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

I initially had to apply online. Once I applied online, I was contacted within 2 weeks for a phone interview. After the phone interview, the company will ask you for an in-person interview if they feel that you're a good candidate for the position. Was hired on the spot at the in-person interview!

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a setback you may have had at your previous job and explain how you managed to overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Have you had previous experience with handling money before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Webster, TX).

Interview

Job Fair interview was quick when it came to interview they almost seemed desperate the math test for the position was a little odd when it came to the questions they were a little unorganized in a way your background was ran while you interviewed witch was convenient to me

Interview Questions

• What do I know about Goodwill.? Have I ever shopped goodwill ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Chester, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an one on one interview. The interviewer introduced himself and we shook hands as I gave him my name. He asked what position was i applying for. I answer the question but stated I was more interested in the cashier position upon which the interviewer stated that he felt I was more qualified for because my personality fit the position better.

Interview Questions

• What could bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied via Craigslist ad. The store manager called to set up an interview a few days later. She was engaging, kind, and direct. The interview was around 40 minutes, but that was probably because we got to talking about other things. I dressed well for the interview, and everytime I've had a friend come in for an interview it is stressed that should try to look sharp. When I was offered the position, I had to immediately go to a Kaiser facility to be drug tested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave great customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online first and then they called me weeks later asking for a phone interview. After that I was scheduled an in person interview because the store manager was impressed by the phone interview. We had the 2nd interview and then I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Peoria, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

It was quick and easy I originally told them what I could do and what I could work. They were very understanding and later on I told them I could work more they were very happy and put me in right away.

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Fontana, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

it was a ok interview with the store manager at the time but it wasnt the store manager who i didnt get along with it was the assistant manager who i didnt like from the start of the job

Interview Questions

• would u be able to work this job with no problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwill (Athens, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was quick. They asked simple question, like what to do if you have a upset customer. They drugged test me. they did a background check. They gave a few a scenario to work through. they ask me do I really know what goodwill is all about.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

easy interview, got job immediately. Asked when I could start. They needed somebody so I got the job immediately. Super easy no preparation needed. I started one week later.

Interview Questions

• how many years customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer