Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodwill Interview Questions

Interviews at Goodwill

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

One interview hiring on spot. Asked five standard customer service questions . What is your greatest strength. What is your greatest weakness. Week long process, you begin once background comes back.

Cashier Interview

Interview

really easy, went in and applied right behind the counter, there was help wanted sign outside. Got a call back less than three days later, chatted with management briefly then they asked me to come in. ONe on one interview lasted about 15 mins, no offer.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2020.

Interview

They met me, asked me my availability, and told
    Me about the job, which is pricing items
    That have been gone through by other team members. Then gave me a tour and then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about extreme temperatures because it gets hot and
      Cold in the warehouse   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodwill (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initial HR phone screen interview, followed by hiring manager phone interview within two weeks. Finally there was an onsite interview. I interviewed with the heads of all departments, there was a lunch interview as well. They tried to make me feel comfortable during the interview process and provided me sufficient time to ask questions. I had about 5-6 one-on-one interview in one day. I was also given the opportunity to speak briefly with the CEO of the company. I was satisfied with overall interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly related to my previous work experience and how it relates to the opening.   Answer Question

Donation Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Madison, WI) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online; received invite for 15-minute phone interview; scheduled for in-person interview; given verbal job offer and told background check would take a few days. Two weeks later and I've heard nothing, which is rude but seems somewhat normal nowadays. Not worth waiting around for, esp. for the kind of pay offered.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Cleveland, OH) in January 2020.

Interview

There was an initial phone call including basic questions regarding my skills. This was followed by a quick in-person interview at the local store. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the questionns were simple and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Goodwill   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Tacoma, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

Over the phone interview with the direct team leader of interest. An offer was made, only then did I discover that the position was full-time admining for 4 team leaders with 4 separate departments as opposed to admining for one overseer as described. The offered salary was not worth the effort that would be required of the position, once the full scope had been revealed after designing the job posting as intra-office and as one position.

Interview Questions

• questions about my skills, and knowledge of the program and its mission   Answer Question

Mission Services Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Appleton, WI) in December 2019.

Interview

This was a great process. It started with a phone interview, and they gave more details on the position and asked me questions about my experience and relevant experience to the role. I was then invited for an in-person interview that consisted of 4 interviewers (after a tour of the building), where they asked more elaborate questions about my relevant experience and ways that I handle conflict/tasks at work. It was a great interview and everyone was extremely friendly and I felt that I fit in with the team immediately. Later that day, they called and sent me a background check to complete, and then the next business day I was offered the position officially. It was a great experience and I look forward to starting my new position.

Interview Questions

• How did your current role prepare you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you have handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with Microsoft Office programs, and any other relevant programs that may assist you in this career?   Answer Question

RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Skokie, IL).

Interview

Interview is done with a list of questions.
    This location after being hired and sitting in on interviews noticed mgmt judged ppl. Like judging a book by the cover

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What times and days are you available   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Interviewer was on their phone which was very disrespectful. I was doing everything to be professional about it but it was difficult. After the interview, I wrote to withdraw my application. I don’t want to work for a company that doesn’t respect its employees.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generally about past employment and the value I hope to bring to the team.   Answer Question