Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.2

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview a week later. Manager was pretty nice but they seemed kind of unorganized since people keep going in and out during the interview. She talked to me for about 10 mins and read a bunch of questions off of a list. The questions were about my past experiences and how I had or would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you go the extra mile for a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy interview. Asked a few basic questions, what-if scenarios, gave me a tour of the backroom and what to expect on the sales floor. hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a tough scenario at work or if a customer is being difficult?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Antioch, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call from a recruiter the next day asking my availability, if I could start right away, and if I had 1 year of retail experience. She also asked me what my favorite job was and why and what my least favorite job and why. I then got a call for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous retail job and what I most and least liked about it.   1 Answer

Job Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Tacoma, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I am out of state so the initial interview was to be a screen. Monica Trappe failed to call me on two scheduled interview occasions without prior notice. Third time was a charm but was never contacted again.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that relate to this role?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very basic interview. Very easy. 2 managers were in the room while I was asked questions. I was hired on the spot and was asked to come in the next day for paper work. They said it would last about 3 hours. I started 2 days later. Management seemed very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got offered 8.25 an hour and took it.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I applied online. An HR Manager called a week and a half later inviting me for an interview. The face to face was exactly 2 weeks after I applied online. I received an offer to employment four days later.

Employment Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Cary, NC).

Interview

Interview went well and was fairly easy and straight forward. I was called the day prior to come in and interview. I arrived at the store and was asked to fill out an application and review the job description, it was not available prior. I was met and asked to come to the back by the manager promptly and had a very nice interview.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwill in April 2017.

Interview

Super easy and everyone can do it if you put your mind to it. Just keep positive. And don't forget to put your 2 weeks notice. And it's easy Jon and good to meet a lot more people and gets you customer service experience and it's worth it

Assistant Manager At Clearance Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodwill (North Charleston, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called for an interview by the district manager and he let me pick the date, time and place of interview. He was very friendly the whole time. About halfway through the interview, the store manager came in and she was incredibly friendly and assisted with the interview. He explained the job duties and told me my pay rate,,, I asked for a bit higher pay raise and they accepted my offer. I was told they'd get in contact with my later on in the week no matter whatever the decision may be. 2 days later I received a call asking how I felt about the job and if I thought more on the offer. I said yes and went In that day to give them my Id and social for a background check and to sign paperwork. Orientation was a little boring but you got paid for it, and they provided a great lunch. Orientation was from 830a-430pm. Store manager worked with my schedule was I was giving my previous job a two weeks notice. I started the day otter orientation. They do random drug test (5 panel drug test for those interested). The first one you get is before you go to fork lift training. They also give random drug test. You will be working and in the middle of your shift, your manager will tell you that right then and there, you can stay clocked in, drive down to the clinic where they do the drug test, and you take it and come back to work.

Interview Questions

• They have standard interview questions like, when did you have to accomplish something, have you ever had to let a customer leave disappointed.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a week later. Came in and was asked typical questions. Was offered a job at 9.15 with 20-25 hour weeks which unfortunately isn't enough to live on for myself so I had to search elsewhere but otherwise seemed like a nice environment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked if I was okay with the pay and hours along with reliable transportation, Basic "teen job" questions about showing up for work.   Answer Question