Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.2

Career Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grandview Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Grandview Heights, OH).

Interview

Face to face interview after a phone call. Only one and the offer came a few days later. Was not difficult and the interviewer was okay. Be sure to bring a CV and cover letter.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Very basic interview questions. Waited on the store manager for a while, interview was at 3 and didnt get seen until like 3:45. Answer questions then get tour of the store. You're basically hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

E-Commerce Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview. I was supposed to have a face/face interview today but tried to reschedule due to illness. I tried to email the person who I would be interviewing with, and never got a response.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and few weeks later I got called for an interview. I went to the interview and first I had to do a damn math test. That was annoying. Then I did the actual interview. And then they said they will send an email with background and drug test information. I called them back about 3-4 days later to see where they were at with the email and everything and the manager said yes I am going to send the email now. So she sent an email with the information the same day I filled it out and the next day went to take my drug test and the HR called me the next day and said I was good (Ofcourse cause i don't do drugs) & now they are checking on my background and will call with more information.

Donation Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

I had to wait about 15 minutes because she had to call the police on a customer and then she came to apologize and gave me a sheet to fill some stuff out and on the back was questions she was going to ask me so I read basic stuff

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Over the phone interview, then waited 2 weeks for an in person one on one. Afterwards, met with the entire department and had to do a presentation on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill in September 2017.

Interview

Great first impression, the receptionist was professional, friendly and greeted me by name with a bright smile which put me at ease. I was interviewed by two seasoned employees who were both enthusiastic about the interview and very pleasant, speaking with them felt easy and comfortable. The building is very bright, clean and welcoming, parking is a breeze. The interview was relaxed and felt like a conversation instead of an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions Approximately 10   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to make a quick decision?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever made a decision based on company policy that did not line up with your personal ethics/values?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to communication without going the usual route.   Answer Question
    • If you could be anyone from the past who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call from the Recruiter, she was very straight forward, did not sound like interested at all, she also read thru the script and questions like a machine. It ended very awkward!

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goodwill (Napa, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Accepted job, gave my two weeks after working at another job for 9 years and then Goodwill tried to accuse me of a crime I didn't commit. I proved that I had not been charged with a crime and that their company was breaking the law and violating the FCRA, but they made it hell for me. Even after I showed them my court records and background check from when I became a supervisor at my other job. I spent $4500 on a lawyer solely because of Goodwill and I am seriously considering suing them, something I have never done before and hope to never do again.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple. I don't know if it's because I have already worked for Goodwill before. I was interviewed by the Assistant Manager because the Store Manager was in a meeting. She was very nice and made me feel a lot more comfortable, which is important to me as I have anxiety.