Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Over the phone interview, then waited 2 weeks for an in person one on one. Afterwards, met with the entire department and had to do a presentation on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill in September 2017.

Interview

Great first impression, the receptionist was professional, friendly and greeted me by name with a bright smile which put me at ease. I was interviewed by two seasoned employees who were both enthusiastic about the interview and very pleasant, speaking with them felt easy and comfortable. The building is very bright, clean and welcoming, parking is a breeze. The interview was relaxed and felt like a conversation instead of an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions Approximately 10   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to make a quick decision?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever made a decision based on company policy that did not line up with your personal ethics/values?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to communication without going the usual route.   Answer Question
    • If you could be anyone from the past who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Grant Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online. I was brought in to a panel interview with two people. This was such a strange interview. It seemed almost hateful, like one of the woman was mocking me? I don't know maybe they just didn't like my hair. No idea.

I love your mission, but it seems like you have lost a donor.

And then to tell me at the end, that they were going to have another 2 interviews which I thought was a bit much for a part time position. One of those included a skills test I believe.

Customer Service/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Hampton, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Goodwill in Hampton at the community employment center and was given a referral from an employment specialist at the community employment center. I got an email for an in person interview about 3 weeks later. The interview was pretty easy, I was only asked about 3 questions. I was inteviewed by a recruiter and he was really nice.

Clerk Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (South Lake Tahoe, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. Michelle was great. Got me on the next day. Didn't ask questions just told me about the job and hired me on the spot. I was eager to work and she was willing to hire me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I Brought ID and Social security card, my Resume, and Application...after taking a test on the computer, I filled out background search forms and went and took a UA drug test

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online sometime ago (can't remember) and I received a call to schedule an interview. It was very quick and easy. I met with the assistant manager who overviewed the job with me and what they needed in a candidate. Everyone was very kind. It went smoothly! They told me they'd call me the next day to tell me what direction they were going in

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Palm City, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was late like 15 minute because i was lost. I call them and they give me direction to the place. Being late was a no.no. i was question on my strong and my weakness and what my resume said was true. if i can fit to their culture of doing thing and being a family toward them.

Interview Questions

• so, tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring people called me on time, we got few conversation and end it. The person is okay, just the questions were a little tricky, so sometimes I don't understand what was he talking about, and he didn't ask again or give me any feeback .

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Mobile, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Retail Associates position on Tuesday and was called in for an interview the following Monday. The whole process was very quick and easy and the Hiring Manager was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Goodwill?

can you describe a time where you showed great customer service   Answer Question