Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.2

Personal Care Provider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I got an interview threedays after applying online. There were two people conducting it. It went great and received an offer hours later. Starred training a few days after. Training was for an entire day and not too bad

Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online (indeed I think) and got called in for an interview maybe 4-5 days later. I came in and the manager walked me around and told me what my duties would consist of. Then we went in his office and I filled out a paper application. He gave me a background check paper and a location to go take a drug test the next day, I brought the papers back completed the following day. I got a call 4ish days later telling me I was approved and to come in for training.

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Woodstock, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

The Internal Talent Acquisitions Specialist of North Atlanta is very unprofessional. When she called me initially to inquire more about my interest of the position, she was doing a lot of self talk while her computer stalling, and she was rude. She did not have a professional verbal communication, and also did not know any information about the position itself. I actually declined coming in for an interview just based on her because of her bad attitude and felt she is a negative reflection of the company; I didn't want to get involved with that type of mentality.

unprofessional Internal Talent Acquisitions Specialist of North Atlanta and she left a bad taste in my mouth

Plant Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Flint, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out the app online through glassdoor. A few days later i received an email asking for a phone interview. After that i was asked to come in and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• In a situation where you had a coworker doing something that was not in the interest of the company how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview a week later. Manager was pretty nice but they seemed kind of unorganized since people keep going in and out during the interview. She talked to me for about 10 mins and read a bunch of questions off of a list. The questions were about my past experiences and how I had or would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you go the extra mile for a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy interview. Asked a few basic questions, what-if scenarios, gave me a tour of the backroom and what to expect on the sales floor. hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a tough scenario at work or if a customer is being difficult?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Antioch, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call from a recruiter the next day asking my availability, if I could start right away, and if I had 1 year of retail experience. She also asked me what my favorite job was and why and what my least favorite job and why. I then got a call for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous retail job and what I most and least liked about it.   1 Answer

Job Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Tacoma, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I am out of state so the initial interview was to be a screen. Monica Trappe failed to call me on two scheduled interview occasions without prior notice. Third time was a charm but was never contacted again.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that relate to this role?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Lafayette, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very basic interview. Very easy. 2 managers were in the room while I was asked questions. I was hired on the spot and was asked to come in the next day for paper work. They said it would last about 3 hours. I started 2 days later. Management seemed very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got offered 8.25 an hour and took it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview I had was very brief and I was only told to describe myself. My second interview at a different location was more in depth. Neither of the interviewers got back to me on my own so I had to reach out and still wasn't given an offer.