Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2018

2.2

Community Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview with entire team.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you look for in a manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I said $5K more a year would be great and they met me half way.

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (West Milwaukee, WI) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process was rather quick, which is good, however, very intimidating. Panel interview where management actually asked me, "Are you nervous?" Any response I had to their questions, I didn't receive much reaction, a smile or even a, "yes, you answered the question."

Interview Questions

• Honestly, each question should be revised. It was as if they were trying to ask one thing but beating around the bush with a lengthy question to confuse me. What motivates me in the morning, to go to work? When one of my reasons was to make a pay check, they frowned on that.   Answer Question

Computer Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Tulsa, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

The phone call and interview process was very professional and friendly. I never felt uncomfortable, awkward, or nervous. The interviewer was very friendly and courteous. I believe Goodwill would be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a situation when you were behind schedule or deadline?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach people that are difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Computer Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Charleston, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was very informal and typical of an interview from an inexperienced interviewer. I was asked a series of standard interview questions from a script. Most of the questions were generic non-technical questions such as "describe your strengths, weaknesses."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed at something, and how did you proceed?   1 Answer

Corporate Trainer Interview

Interview

They showed me around. I met the President, VP, and other managers and employees. The Dallas Fort Worth location has a great energy and atmosphere. Everyone was friendly and seemed to work together to get their work done.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about effectively doing your job here?   Answer Question

Outreach Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from the organization contacted me a month after I submitted my application and requested an initial interview. Two days after the initial interview I received the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you looking for?   1 Answer

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Milford, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was good. I met with 2 of the supervisors who helped and made sure I was comfortable. They asked the usual interview questions, and asked questions to clarify what was on my resume.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Chino, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy, because I had a phone interview, but I believe they do have 1:1 interviews now. 10-20 minutes in-office interview. Maybe longer due to experience, or detailed answers. And questions they are asking.

Interview Questions

• Do you have full availability?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked retail?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience in customer service & working with the public?   1 Answer
    • Do you have good attendance?   1 Answer
    • Can work weekends?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about this company?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to work holidays?   1 Answer

Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted for an interview via email. Most communication was done via email rather than phone. There were two rounds of interviews: 1st was with a panel of 5 managers. This was because there were several different openings. Once a manager was interested in possibly hiring me, a 2nd interview was conducted with one manager and director.

Interview Questions

• Skill questions: how my previous experience and skills fit into the role. Tell us about yourself. Why are you the best candidate for the job, etc. Behavioral questions: describing what you do under certain workplace situations. Asked to describe previous teamwork experience and how I interact with groups. Most of the questions are the types of questions you can usually expect in interviews. There were only a couple that surprised me. There weren't any of those "out of the box" questions that you hear companies like Google use.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I feel there is room to negotiate salary if you can offer more things such as higher level education or being bi-lingual. I, however, didn't negotiate.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Mobile, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

For this job, I had a telephone screening, then the first interview was cordial, a lot of questions wanting you to provide examples of how you did something to help someone out in your previous job. It's like they want you to convince them you have a heart and want to help others. Then there was a second interview with the store manager and the assistant Vice President, which he said tell me about yourself. That was it, no real structure to his interview at all. It's was wierd feeling. Made you wonder what kind of interview was that and after you answered his question, he gave you a job offer and that was it. They said they will call with a day/time for orientation and then it was 2 weeks later they called and told me the following week. By that time I had already interviewed for another job, got it, went for 2 interviews with another company and had a orientation meeting date for another company, that was the day after this one. So I went to this one to see how it was first. The whole process was very slow. Felt like forever, almost 8 weeks from applying to actual start date

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you helped someone?   1 Answer