Goodwill Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodwill Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Goodwill

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I met the manager, interviewed with her, was offered the job on the spot, then after I accepted I was shown around the store and introduced to the workers.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time you were unable to complete something? Explain   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Loganville, GA).

Interview

Waited an extremely long time to begin the interview. Was taken back to a small room and sat in a chair across the room from the interviewer. She took notes. When started, interview went smoothly. Asked basic interview questions. Did not get a job, but staff seemed nice enough.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Columbus, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a walk threw interview to see all job functions. I was given options to either work the back or front. The lady doing the interview doesn't work in the actual store tho she worked in the career center behind the building. Which is how I got processed through.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Portland, OR) in September 2018.

Interview

Took a math test with like 12 questions super easy super quick basic pre k math questions literally like 1+1=2 and they took me in a room and I could use a calculator but it wasn’t necessary at all and I had to show my work on the back as well

Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Leander, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward and completed by the manager of the store and a witness manager. He was a pretty straightforward and fair guy. He asked questions like specify a time when you provided excellent customer service, what are your goals, why do want to work here, why should I hire you -- it was pretty basic and didn't last longer than an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Mount Pleasant, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Awful. Simply awful. Firstly, I was called about the interview and arrived on time. They didn't specify where to go, so I asked some employees. None of them knew, but a sweet older woman went back to ask for me. She said they would page me when I could go in, and that I can feel free- get this- to SHOP while I wait. I was mortified, so I just stood around pretending to look at merchandise. While I waited I overheard an employee loudly saying to another employee that there was an opening and they already knew that they were going to hire her friend, but they had to interview a certain amount of applicants according to the company. At that point I almost cried, I was so embarrassed. I should have left, but I stuck it out like a trooper.

About a half hour later they paged me back, and it got WORSE. I sat back there while two younger adults slumped in their seats laughing and teasing each other. They ignored me for a good long while until they finally kind of looked at me and told me "You'll do a lot of laundry. Do you like doing laundry?" I said that I didn't mind it. They said "Well, it's really gross." Then we just kind of sat there for a while. Eventually the girl looked at the guy and said, "Well, I guess that's it," and then he said, "Drama." Then she looked at me and asked me how I feel about drama. I said that I don't think it belongs in the workplace. They dismissed me and told me they would call. They never did, but I didn't expect them too. I also would have turned the job down.

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Fontana, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

it was a ok interview with the store manager at the time but it wasnt the store manager who i didnt get along with it was the assistant manager who i didnt like from the start of the job

Interview Questions

• would u be able to work this job with no problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

easy interview, got job immediately. Asked when I could start. They needed somebody so I got the job immediately. Super easy no preparation needed. I started one week later.

Interview Questions

• how many years customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Sacramento, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

very easy they asked 3 questions asked if I had any question for them then they decide to hire me on sight the process was very easy as long as you answer the question well or what they want you to say you will get hired

Interview Questions

• what was one of your biggest obstacles to overcome?   1 Answer
    • what did you most enjoy about working at you previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powder Springs, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goodwill (Powder Springs, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Blitz interview hiring They hires warm bodies. Never looked at managerial experience. Please do not go to work for these people. Is there 30 words to say. Do not work for good will of north Georgia. Ever.