Goodwill Sales Associate/Stock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Goodwill

1 Interview Review

Sales Associate/Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goodwill (Oviedo, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied repeatedly online through indeed.com and then went in to the nearest store about a month later to ask about the application process. Was then met by multiple managers who told me to call back a couple days later to discuss an interview. Then called the very next day and was told that's not how it works and to apply for part time rather than full time. So I therefore went in person YET AGAIN and this time an assistant manager gave me the time of day and said to come in tomorrow morning for an actual interview. So this time I met 5 or 6 different people, one cashier, and the rest were I believe mangers and assistant managers of some kind or another. All of them were totally predisposed and completely overwhelmed by the seeming lack of manpower. Then I met my interviewer and went through a prearranged robot list of questions. The questions overall were very focused and simple, yet thorough. I don't know how on earth someone without experience could have passed, yet I know there are those who have. I honestly thought there wasn't the slightest chance in hell I would have passed but IMHO I just barely managed to slip by. Besides I think the interviewer had a rough idea of just how many months I'd been desperately searching for a job. THANK GOD FOR GOODWILL!!!! Anyways it turns out I was the only one they were interviewing that whole day even though they seemed so short staffed, ah well who knows. To conclude this the official questions were as followed:

Interview Questions

• Why goodwill?   Answer Question
  • Describe your previous experience.   Answer Question
  • Have you worked in warehouse?   1 Answer
  • Have you labeled product?   1 Answer
  • Have your priced product?   1 Answer
  • Have you worked with deadlines?   1 Answer
  • Have you dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
  • Have you dealt with a difficult coworker?   1 Answer
  • What motivates you?   1 Answer
  • Give an example of teamwork.   1 Answer
  • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
  • Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
  • Please explain your lapse in employment.   1 Answer
  • Can you differentiate between high end and low end clothing and other merchandise?   1 Answer
  • Describe a difficult situation in a previous job.   1 Answer