Harvard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, and then was brought in for an in person interview two weeks later. Spent an hour and a half at the in person interview. Waited 3 weeks, and then they set up the second in person interview. That interview was a half hour. I didn't hear back for three weeks, and then got a form e-mail, saying I wasn't hired. I would have appreciated hearing back from the actual people who interviewed me. Considering how long the process was (2.5 months), you'd think they would have the courtesy to personally inform me that I didn't receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle working with difficult or demanding personalities?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

I applied online through Harvard's Career site--I applied one day after the job was first posted. 23 days after I submitted my application, I was contacted by a staff member for a phone screen. That phone screen occurred three days later. The interview itself was very conversational--it seemed the staff member genuinely cared about my experience. Following the interview, she said I would hear back within 1-2 weeks. I sent a follow-up thank you email the next day. I did not hear back within 1-2 weeks so at the 3-week mark, I emailed her again. Within a few hours, she emailed back and said they were not moving forward with my candidacy. Though I obviously did not move forward, overall, the process was pleasant.

Below are the actual interview questions. In total, I was asked 14 questions (I've listed the standard, behavioral questions). The other questions (that I did not list) were very nuanced toward my own experience and education.

Interview Questions

• What caused you to react to this position?   Answer Question
    • Where are you at in your current role, why are you looking for a change?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your undergraduate experience and what led you to that   Answer Question
    • When you think about your experience, can you describe a time you really advanced the cause or supported the mission?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you do particularly well?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your overall job search?   Answer Question

Interview

It took roughly three month because of internal hold-ups. Interviewed with a recruiter over the phone, then the PI and manager and then met in person. Was asked for references two days later and was given an offer a week later.

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University (Allston, MA).

Interview

It's a very planned interview. Your references are checked. There a drug test as well. You meet all the staff in the department. You are trained with one of the drivers/dispatchers. You drive the vehicles in training. And fuel the vehicles as well .You check the equipment, and send the notice to the maintenance department. Always check the schedule twice during your shift. Be prepared to work different shifts. Check in on the two-way radio . Acknowled to dispatch when leaving and returning from base. Wear the uniform issued by the school. At times report for duty at least 45 minutes before your shift.

Interview Questions

• That would be commitment 100%.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

The hiring and interview process, for me, lasted 3 months. That included first round, second round, third round, and final round. Also included skills based testing and reference checks. Beginning with a phone interview, the process culminated with an in person panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you alter your presentation when speaking with a peer versus with a donor and/or high level manager?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening, then two in-person interviews with several people. The whole process took over a month I believe, but it was well worth it. They split up the interviews so I wasn't speaking to more than two people at a time, which I appreciated. I find panel interviews to be way more stressful than necessary. My first set of interviews felt a bit rushed, probably because the people interviewing me were conscious of going over into someone else's time. However, the second set was more relaxed and went over the time allotted because they wanted to provide as much information about the position as possible.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with users that are frustrated/stressed out?   Answer Question
    • Where do you ultimately want to be, career-wise?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Pre-interview written assignment (sample tasks related to the job), two phone interviews and then a reference check. Standard interview questions and process, but very little small talk, ice breaker conversation at the beginning, which made it a little more stressful than necessary.

Special Assistant Interview

Interview

First, I interviewed with the director of Human Resources for about forty five minutes and then for the next forty five minutes I interviewed with the member of the dean's office that would be directly supervising me in the position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Contact with the PI by Emails first and then they may give you phone calls, Maybe on site also. Well prepared will help a lot. Get more information from online research

Interview Questions

• Your previous research, current interest, future career development   Answer Question

Events Coordinator In Alumni Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Awful process, they waste your time calling you in for a two hour interview, tests included, and then never get back to you even when they say they will. So terrible and so inconsiderate.