Harvard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvard University Interview Questions

Interviews at Harvard University

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Great interview process. Based on limited experience interview was designed to accommodate my expertise at the time. It was a very interactive process with great feedback. My interviewer was attentive during the whole process

Interview Questions

• Describe how your background prepares you for this role   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

First there was a phone screen with HR. Very easy! Next I was brought in to meet with everyone in the office. At the end I met with the head of the whole department.

Interview Questions

• They just wanted to know why I was interested in the job. No "behavioral" or tricky questions at all.   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

The first interview was scheduled about six weeks after the submission of my application, and it was with the director of operation. The second interview was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What does success look like to you?
      What was the last article that you have read recently?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Still waiting for a decision but the staff has been very patient and nice to return emails during this process, so I will keep waiting for the next following weeks.

Interview Questions

• what is ur research interest? some questions about your thesis/dissertation?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Following a successful phone screen with the recruiter, I had two, one-on-one in-person interviews with two senior staff in the department. A week or so later, I had another interview with a senior staff member from another department (someone they hadn't thought to include in the process before). The next morning, I was told I was the successful candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting a formal, behavioral interview--but the in-person interviews were actually far more informal conversations about my experience.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

fil out a application and then interview start it part time and then I got a full time started it doing cleaning after three years they was a opening for maintenance and I applied for it

Interview Questions

• if they need overtime if I would be available   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Need to show knowledge of specific subject; in this case it was a finance undergrad class. If not own specialization during PhD work, where one can show transcript, then need to read to catch up and show knowledge in in-person interview. Need to be graduate student at Harvard.

Interview Questions

• For finance undergrad classes: What are options/derivatives?
      What are the risks associated with short-selling?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Process was pretty routine, nothing out of the ordinary. I was contacted by a recruiter early in the process and then went through the interview process, which was also fairly in line with other interviews that I had had

Interview Questions

• Overall process was pretty routine, nothing really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Interview

Online application followed by in person interview with advising programs office. Also involved creating a unique study break idea. Involved very challenging behavioral questions specific to PAFing, specifically about how to deal with certain situations with pafees in problematic scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How could you encourage people who don't attend study breaks to attend them?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Great! They were clear about the role and appreciated my perspective. It was with three staff members on the marketing team and everyone was really nice. They were also effective at answering my questions related to diversity and work environment.