Cover image for Harvard University

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Harvard University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 407 of over 407 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Harvard University

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Non-existent. Applied for a role, felt I was qualified, they didn't contact me. Months later I received notification that they chose a different candidate. Very disappointed. The page is making me share >30 words, and I'm detailing an interview that never happened.

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

It was brief we spoke for about one half hour and we discussed a range of topics and ideas for the role, in addition to diving into my background and their background and their hopes for the role.

Interview Questions
  • What is your first name?
    Answer Question

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Teachers

198.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Harvard University~2817
Join the conversation on

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

7 rounds of interviews but pretty straightforward, it's not difficult as long as you are able to talk about your relevant experience comfortably. Having a connection helps. Working at a university is pretty stress free.

Interview Questions
  • typical interview questions that you can find online. there's not really technical questions unless you are interviewing for a heavy technical role of course.

Harvard University

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Harvard employs a 1-on-1 only interview process. There were about 7 in total, a light coding assessment but largely a high-level process to assess knowledge and willingness to learn rather than expertise.

Interview Questions
  • If you could take one aspect of your previous job and bring it with you to work here, what would it be?

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

There are two to three interviews. They have normal questions. Do you research on the specific division. The education school has set salary so there often is not room for negotiation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in Sep 2022

Interview

Interviewed first with hiring manager. That was followed by three interviews, one with the hiring manager's boss, another with an employee who would be on the same level and the last was with a HR member. They were fairly disorganized on their communication, but overall the process was fine.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and your work experience. No trick questions or anything.

Harvard University

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Seven to eight, 45 minute interviews on one day with different programmers and biostatisticians over zoom, with both technical and behavioral questions and discussions. There were two breaks throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

It was very informative and interactive. They let me know all about the position and gave me a chance to share my experience and my interest in the position. Overall it was a great experience and stayed in touch with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harvard University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University in Jul 2022

Interview

Preliminary interview with no follow up for a month and a half, even though I was told I would hear back in a week or two. Ultimately found out I wasn't moving on because I checked my portal, since I never received an email.

Interview Questions
  • What about this position made you want to apply?

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Director was honest about the position and asked meaningful questions related to the job, its perks, benefits, and daily duty. Nice and friendly, no pressure ever felt. It was a smooth experience for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 407 Interviews

Harvard University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Harvard University as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Staff Assistant and Research Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Coordinator and Postdoctoral Fellow roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Harvard University takes an average of 34 days when considering 407 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Research Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 34 days), whereas Staff Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 55 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Harvard University according to 407 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 27.22%