Harvard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2018

2.8

Comptroller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I did a telephone interview with HR then an in person interview. The in person interview was 45 minutes with the direct supervisor CFO and 45 minutes with a peer. The interview took place in a conference room. Probably would have been better to interview with both at the same time. I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to say no and explain how you did it   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR conducted a phone screening interview, which was followed up 2 weeks later with an interview with 4 team members (3 colleagues and 1 direct report). Three weeks later another 3 interviews with colleagues and hiring direct report. Whole process from application to last interviews took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about supply chain contracts and strategic sourcing, working in an academic setting, etc., were the primary topics of conversation. General background questions were also asked.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email to set up interview a few days later. I met with my boss and lab manager for in person interview. We talked about my experiences, we then went on a tour of the lab, and then talked for another hour. Got an email about a week later with the job offer. This was not the typical interview process Harvard does, or so I'm told by others who worked here so take my review with a grain of salt

Lab Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview is more like normal chat, which is relax and comfortable. They ask some question related to the information on my resume. And they also show mt the lab circumstance and ask me if I am comfortable with it.

Special Assistant Interview

Interview

First, I interviewed with the director of Human Resources for about forty five minutes and then for the next forty five minutes I interviewed with the member of the dean's office that would be directly supervising me in the position.

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University (Allston, MA).

Interview

It's a very planned interview. Your references are checked. There a drug test as well. You meet all the staff in the department. You are trained with one of the drivers/dispatchers. You drive the vehicles in training. And fuel the vehicles as well .You check the equipment, and send the notice to the maintenance department. Always check the schedule twice during your shift. Be prepared to work different shifts. Check in on the two-way radio . Acknowled to dispatch when leaving and returning from base. Wear the uniform issued by the school. At times report for duty at least 45 minutes before your shift.

Interview Questions

• That would be commitment 100%.   1 Answer

Multiple Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Applying online is very easy. Phone screening by HR, followed by one or multiple interviews (depending on school and department) with hiring team. Study Behavioral Interviewing as it is the preferred format of interviewing at Harvard. I found the most helpful thing in getting jobs at HU was displaying passion for the position. HU relies on having people who are VERY dedicated.

Once you are in, you are in. Transferring is very simple and it is easier to get an interview if you are a current employee. If you are a member of the union, they can assist in getting you interviews.

Interview Questions

• Anything starting with "Tell me about a time..." Luckily I had studied some talking points because for every job I have held at HU, these have been the types of questions asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation. If you have other offers, you can get them to pay you more. A lower percentage of people get hired at HU than get accepted to go to school there, so unless they LOVE you, you do not have a lot of leverage.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvard University (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a brief interview about my experience and asked what I want to do. It was a great experience and I had a wonderful time speaking with them. It was friendly and I thought it was an easy interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

An informal meeting with the PI to find the right fit. You sit down with the person overseeing the project you'll be working with. The PI or the director asks you questions about interest and fit. You are assessed on the quality of your questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of students in the first round, followed by a meeting with the adult staff of the particular office. Questions ranged from background, to current affairs, from technical skills to other applicable skills. The style of questions were quite difficult with occasional fun questions to make it more enjoyable for the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have that nobody else has on the planet?   Answer Question