Harvard University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 358 of over 358 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harvard University

Harvard University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Interview was very straightforward - I've held two roles at Harvard. No trick questions, very pleasant experience with HR. Come prepared, but all in all it's a simple conversation. In both of my experiences it was quite fast too, they're very transparent and won't keep you waiting for a month

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this role? Have you had experience in x,y,z....
    Answer Question

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

It was great. Very nice to be talking to the university. I liked it and would go back for more! But, I need to write 30 words. So maybe I didn't like it after all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Fair process. One interview with multiple sessions with different groups of people. They were informative about the interview process and got back to me quickly with their decision. I had a good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA)

Interview

Many rounds of interviews but are fairly straightforward. They are looking for experience. Connect all answers to Harvard's core values. The first round is with HR, and then most likely you will be meeting with the team you will work with. Final two interviews are with your direct reporting manager and the director.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harvard University

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

After applying for a job, I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. After phone screening, I was invited to bust the lab. I presented my thesis work for an hour, and met lab members one by one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

normal interview process, no curveballs, got back to me quickly. interview was what i expected, the interview was less than thirty minutes, simple questions and straightforward interview process. prepare for it like you would any other interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Multiple step interview process, met with multiple facets of the team via zoom. This was a great way to conveniently meet with people in different positions and better understand the role I was applying to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Standard, extensive application process led to phone screen. Phone screen was done directly by the manager of the open position. The manager had clearly read the entire application and was well-prepared.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a past experience which highlighted a strength you bring to a team?

Harvard University

Application

I interviewed at Harvard University

Interview

Classic HR interview. Very kind interviewer. Most difficult question was, if I had ever experience on teaching a diverse audience coming from different backgrounds. Proceeded to next round which was on describing my CV. Was asked about my previous scientific computing projects.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in May 2021

Interview

Only one lab had 4 rounds of interviews, plus spend a whole day in the lab. Every lab is different, but for the most part, other labs had only 30-60min interviews/conversations. Make sure you have basic communication skills and collect some experience prior to applying. Some experience of at least 1-2 lab techniques is crucial to getting your food on the door.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 358 Interviews