IMC Trading Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IMC Trading

1 Interview Review

4.0

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Phone call with HR.

2. The offline task to complete over the weekend. They just give you a task description, it's pretty abstract. They say it's up to you how to complete the task. There are no clear acceptance criteria or something they wanna see. My task was to do Rock Paper Scissors game.

3. Skype interview with 2 engineers discussing various JAVA topics(mostly the basic questions). And discussing your solution done in P2.

4. Onsite interview. It consists of multiple parts. I was rejected after two of them.

First, they gave me a java project(10-20 java classes). My task was to describe them whats happening there. Which trading task this code solves. And many questions on how the particular parts of the code are implemented(e.g. How the elements in a queue are sorted, and why? How the order matching is happening? ). At the end, they asked me to modify the code to cover one more use case(support another order matching algorithm.) For all of that, you have approx . 50 mins.

The second part was about the algorithms. I haven't been writing any code during this part was just describing the algorithms verbally and draw on a whiteboard.
I got two tasks, preceded by some theoretical questions.
One of the tasks was to elaborate a way to distinguish between 1 byte and two bytes encoded characters and delete the character from the text file. On my opinion, the task itself was a little bit silly. As a java dev you usually newer works on such a low level and this bit manipulation just makes me mad :)

What happens after I don't know, because as I said I was rejected after this two stages :)

Interview Questions

• How many bits do you need to encode 1000 characters alphabet?   Answer Question