Ingram Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went good what happened after the interview did not. The interview lasted for 30 mins. I interviewed with the manager over the customer service department. She was very friendly and asked behavioral what would you do questions. They followed up with me about 3 days later and offered me the position which I accepted. I was then instructed to take a background and drug screen. I took the drug screen and the results were negative dilute so they made me take it again. The second drug screen was negative. They received my background check back and I was told everything looked good then I received a call asking for a manager reference which they never asked me for before. They only previously asked for coworker references. Beware working for this company it is not worth the hassle the whole process took a whole month of my time and since I had no manager reference they rescinded the job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty usual questions in regards to an interview. Sat with a couple of different managers on a Board style interview. Each one represented various vendors. They all had their own set of questions as well.

Business Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Buffalo, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online for support rep position, within 15 min I got an email from HR to setup a phone interview for next week, phone interview went well and at the end the lady asked to schedule a face to face interview with 3 hiring managers next week.
    I was kinda nervous but meeting Ingram Micro team wasn't that hard! They were very friendly and laid-back. I had alot of fun talking to them and we spent like an hour and at the end of the interview they asked me what do I do enjoy doing the best? And based on my answer they recommend me to see another hiring manager for different position which they believe I'm a better fit for it. I loved the fact they care about what I wanted instead if just filling a position like other companies.
    I met the other manager 2 days later and I didn't have an idea what am I supposed to be ready for! Didn't know the position or details,I thought the interview going bad but the manager was very relaxed and he did offered me a position at the end of the interview.
    All I read about IM was absolutely right. They care about you and what you got to offer and they will work hard to put you in the right place
    It took about 22 days from applying to get an offer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interview Process with the recruiter went just fine. The recruiter arranged for a phone interview with the hiring manager. It then that I was asked to participate in a webex early morning group interview for the second round

Interview Questions

• What is my method to insure customer satisfaction with the outcome of their solution?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

Started with 30 mins phone interview with the recruiter, then few days later received email for a 45 minutes face to face interview with hiring manager at Ingram campus. Final process ends with 30 minutes phone interview with VP. Got an offer after a week. Whole process only took a month.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter working for United Technical, Inc reached out to me via Linkedin asking if I was interested in a product management position at Ingram Micro. He provided me with a job description and we scheduled a call for the following day to talk more. I set time aside from my busy schedule to speak with this recruiter only to have him no show. I waited for 30 mins and decided to email him to let him know that I had a meeting that I was going to step into and that it might be best to reschedule since it looked like he was unable to make the call. Well, he didn't even have the professional courtesy to respond to that email.

Predictive Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2017.

Interview

Went through phone discussion with HR, followed by an interview with a team member and in-house interview. The recruiter was professional and clarified the process and expectations. The team member who interviewed had excellent discussion and overall it went well. The final interview was meeting a bunch of loosers who did not get through as Data Scientist elsewhere and after couple of years of experience were positioned as 'Predictive Analyst' with a low salary below $80K. They were annoyingly teasing apart every non-essential questions, especially an asian guy who does Python/ business intelligence considers himself father of data science (and is lame at listening ability). The business interviewers and the manager had good rapport and were very supportive during the interview.

Interview Questions

• SQL, Machine learning, Experience, Situation nd business focused questions   1 Answer

Predictive Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and contacted by the recruiter for a screen interview. Honestly, I don't think several direct calls were appropriate, especially after I emailed her that I was not local and looking for other opportunities. She called several times and seems unprofessional.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. Took approximately one month between applying online and getting a phone call from the recruiter. The recruiter(s) call from Wisconsin, so don't be thrown off from the 262 area code. The initial phone interview took about one hour, and she asked several behavioral interview questions, so practice your STAR answers. I was contacted a few days later to set up an in-person interview at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in February 2017. The in-person interview was on a Thursday and the manager that interviewed me made me feel welcome and relaxed (one of the best interviews I've experienced). She asked some standard interview questions. The interview lasted about an hour and a half, most of which was spent talking about the Ingram Micro business model. The manager was extremely helpful and informative!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself? What do you know about Ingram Micro? What do you know about the Support Rep position?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job online. I had an initial phone screen interview followed 1 week later with an onsite interview with the hiring manager. Was invited back for a second, more lengthy onsite interview with the rest of the team 2 weeks later. Interview process was too drawn out - should have taken days instead of weeks. There seemed to be a high level of discord among the interview team regarding exactly what hey were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an ambiguous situation you found yourself in and how did you solve it.   1 Answer