Ingram Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2018

2.9

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and by the end of a week had an 1:1 interview scheduled for the next Monday (my birthday, actually!). The first interview was with the group manager. That one seemed to go well, so she moved me on to the next (final) round interview. This was with 2 of the team's marketing managers. We spoke about my experience, why they like the company.
    Overall, it seemed like a pretty standard interview process, but the team over at Ingram really did a good job of making the whole process bearable. Even though it's nerve-wracking to go in to interview for a new job, no one gave off a hostile vibe.
    Unfortunately, a week after the final interview I got a call saying they had decided to go with another candidate. But I was very impressed by how quickly the process moved. Applied wednesday, interviewed monday, interviewed the next monday, and got the (unfortunate) call the next monday.

Interview Questions

• What will you miss the most about your current job?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Though I withdrew my application after having major difficulties with their HR Department, I wanted to write a review to forewarn those who might consider applying so they know what they might potentially get themselves into.

I applied to the company online. I also had contact with an HR Director through emails because I forwarded her my resume through online professional networking. At first I thought it would be a relatively easy process, since we had corresponded on a Friday and scheduled for a phone interview on Monday. Sent her an email confirmation, but come Monday I waited for over an hour for a call from HR and never received a call.

Immediately I sent her an email expressing interest and confusion over our phone interview. Waited two days, received no response, and sent her a follow-up email that day (Wednesday) relating similar sentiments from my first email, but also throwing in that I had contacted her on Monday as well about this. I received a response from her--very informal--saying "Not confirmed ?" and that was it. I was surprised by this response, as it was formatted incorrectly, as you can see, and seemed accusing of me--as if her failure to call during our scheduled time was due to some incompetency on my part. Checking my email correspondences with her, I saw that I had sent her a confirmation email on Friday, and grew confused as to how she did not see this. I explained all of this to her, and we rescheduled for an interview the very next day. I made sure to emphasize my confirmation, sending a reconfirmation email to avoid any further confusion. Again I awoke early, prepared myself, and waited another hour and STILL no phone call. Again I emailed her, reiterating my interest and asking if something had came up and what was going on. She wrote back later in the day, saying that she had called me at the appointed interview time early in the morning, and then accused me of not answering her calls. I had my phone on me all morning long, even called a friend to ask for professional advice after I had sent the HR Director an email inquiring about her not calling, so my service was not down. At this point, I withdrew my application from the process, realizing that I did not want to be a part of a company that treated prospective employees in such a distasteful and unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions

• Again, I did not go through to the interview process because I withdrew, but I wanted to relate my experience with the interview process with this company for others to be aware of.   Answer Question

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

This was the worst interview that i have ever given in my life. There are two peoples who just yell at you. They think that only they are right and no body else. Litterally it is just an insult and waste of time. Not even thanks for your time was said. I would rather BEG on the street then work with these

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Day after my interview, the HR called me and mentioned that they are interested in providing an offer to me.
    2 weeks after the interview, the HR mentioned they are waiting on few things but are interested in giving an offer
    After another 10 days, the HR mentioned they have gone with some one else.

I have never had such a terrible experience and communication from any company.
    There is nothing i can do about this now, but want people to know about my experience. How can such a large organization behave like this is beyond me.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews. Make the interviewer comfortable. They are as nervous as you might be. Make a connection and you'll have a great chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer was a few thousand more than what the recruiter said. If they ask you your salary requirements, give a range instead of a specific number.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

I did not apply this company. No sure how I had been found. We set an appointment to make a phone interview. The recruiter is very nice and called me on time. The interview process lasted less than half an hour. Basically, the recruiter asked my to introduce my background, such as my major at College, the projects I did in school, work experience, program language I used and so on. We went through my resume. It was a first round interview, so that may be the reason why there was no test. Nothing special. The recruiter also introduced the company, the responsibility of the position.

Inventory Control Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. Took about hour and a half. Very job specific questions requiring previous work experience and how to handle various situations. Started out with simple straight forward questions and slowly went to the more in depth questions. They were looking to see what type of a manager you are, administrative or hands on. How do you handle a diverse staff when conflicts arise? Have you had an issue before, and how did you handle it?

Interview Questions

• Describe what type of a manager you are?   1 Answer

IS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

What made the interview process painless is the Sr. Technical Recruiter Jeannie Jones. She was great at providing information about the company, position, manager, and projects.
    The interview process was very typical, met with the hiring manager and we had a great interview/conversation. During the entire process Jeannie kept me informed and updated. I do think that in this case her professionalism made the difference.

Thank you.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in September 2016.

Interview

Went very well, manager was very engaging and encouraging. Interview was done in Spanish in order to verify if my Spanish was fluent. Manager complimented. Manager also wanted to get to know strengths and weaknesses.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen that lasted 45 minutes and very friendly. It lasted longer than it should have and was extremely comfortable. I was told I would know in 2 weeks whether I would move on to the next step and whether I would get to come in person for another interview. Waited a month and then got an email that I would be moving forward to the next step.