Ingram Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ingram Micro

2.8

Exempt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Jeffersonville, IN) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with out of state recruiter occurred 2 days after application. High energy and quite pleasant demeanor. Explained this role, it's future, and potential career path. Felt very promising. Onsite interview was poor to say the least. Female was cold and very intimidated by me being a younger female with higher education than she had; as well as a highly energetic and positive personality. She truly attempted the entire interview to speak poor of the recruiter, interview process, and day to day. I understand being upfront and transparent regarding the true struggles; but she was genuinely trying to make me rethink my choice to come here. Didn't work though. I've been in this industry for over 10 years and I've seen this time and time again, a middle aged female in a position of power intimidated by younger females potentially taking their job in 5 years. It's sad. Was not impressed with her lack of even looking at my resume prior to the interview either. She never asked questions that I would expect someone at that level to inquire about; they were very basic, something an entry level retail worker would be asked. Made me now think negatively about the company and one that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Ingram; you can do better. Your website and offsite recruiter are promising, don't lose high quality folks because of a jealous manager who is clearly miserable and in the wrong role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself....Are you okay with a modified schedule to include some nights and rotating weekends....You live an hour away are you okay with the commute?   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview, about 30 minutes. First to introduce myself, then ask projects detail. And then ask whether I have any questions for them. This phone interview is with HR, so there is no technical questions

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Buffalo, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Went in and accurately answered all questions. I have a Computer Science degree and employee reference with company, still didn't get job. Weren't really interested in technical aptitude, but ability to sell.

Interview Questions

• Wide array of basic questions regarding tech. Got the impression these people didn't understand the depth as to the depth they were asking. It's like they googled a set of tech related questions and asked them.   1 Answer
    • Not a question, but a statement. I interviewed and never heard back from these people for three months. This was two months after I put in an application too. Horribly unprofessional. After the fact, I was told these people know only so about what they're supporting, and are very more interested in up selling. I was told by a former manager of IM that the company is an inch deep and a mile wide. Not somewhere I want to be to get exposure to Computer Engineering or science.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After a call with the recruiter, I was asked for a technical phone screen. Very professional. Asked at least 20 questions. The person who interview me was very professional. The interview last over 1 hour long.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through on one of your recent project that you manage from end to end.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later for a phone interview to review my background and the role. The recruiter never called me but I followed up and we scheduled something the next day. Once again, the recruiter never called. I emailed her the next day and she was somewhat apologetic so we rearranged something for later on that day. To no one's surprise, she did not call. I've never experienced a process this unprofessional and quite frankly disrespectful to someone's time and background. In retrospect, I would not want to work for a company who exihibits this kind of unprofessionalism from the get go but preparing myself for this interview three times to receive no contact is just rude.

Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY).

Interview

Typical Interview Process, lasted 20 minutes on the phone. Asked many of the questions that I was already expecting and was easy to talk to. Overall it was a good experience with them.

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY).

Interview

I had applied to a few related positions and had 2 employee references as well. It took about 4 months from the time I first applied to the time they contacted me. My initial phone screen was great and I connected well with the HR rep. She seemed to appreciate my resume and reiterated multiple times my work experience was on point and I would definitely fit within the company culture. I had an in-person interview with some managers and it seemed to go well. The HR rep told me after, that they loved my personality and that I would definitely fit within the company, but maybe on a slightly different team to best fit my skillset. She set up another interview for a higher level and higher paying position and I ended up interviewing with 4 managers at that time. I thought it went well. After that interview, I got a call saying that they love my personality and that I would be a great fit with the company but now they want me to come back in for another interview for an entry-level position. I declined. At that point I had spoken to 7 people at the company (all while being told I was a great fit for the company) and now you want me to come back for a 4th interview about an entry level position? They then ghosted me after further communication attempts to discuss other employment options. I felt my time was greatly wasted with this company and I was never given a clear understanding of what was happening or what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?   Answer Question
    • Do you understand what Ingram Micro does?   Answer Question
    • Do you understand how much you might be paid in this position and the base/commission breakdown and does that work for you?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with sales?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when (and then multiple types of questions like this)....   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

HR will select only candidates that fits the profile if you resume does not match they will not call you. then will call you for 1 or two phone interviews, if you pass the two phone interviews then they will be an onsite interview.. the whole process will take several weeks.

Interview Questions

• the Classic question, about your job history, what are your motivations in this company etc.   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an email from HR, the phone call went well. Then got another phone call with the VP. Standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I liked how it wasn't the generic behavioral questions that you're asked.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Jeffersonville, IN) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone interview by HR Generalist for a Data Analyst position. He did not know anything about the position and frankly admitted it. He also told me that the hiring manager had spent very little time, about 10 minutes, with him to explain the position.

Interview Questions

• After the usual preliminaries, he asked something like, "have you worked (or can you work) with big data". I said yes and asked him what he meant by big data. He didn't know. I asked him if Ingram was really looking for a Data Analyst or did they need a "ETL Guy", to collect, clean and format the data. No idea.

We had a short discussion during which I asked him if he had followed any of the links on my one-page resume; (I had links to my LinkedIn profile and my professional website.) He hadn't. The two sites contained, in total, at least a dozen examples of my work.

I asked him if he knew what the hiring manager wanted and he did not. I told him that I'd have to think about it for a while and send him some examples to take to the hiring manager.

After a few minutes of thought, I came to the conclusion that it would be another waste of my time. I sent him an email, thanking him for his time and stating that I was no longer interested in Ingram Micro.   Answer Question