Ingram Micro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

This was the worst interview that i have ever given in my life. There are two peoples who just yell at you. They think that only they are right and no body else. Litterally it is just an insult and waste of time. Not even thanks for your time was said. I would rather BEG on the street then work with these

IS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

What made the interview process painless is the Sr. Technical Recruiter Jeannie Jones. She was great at providing information about the company, position, manager, and projects.
    The interview process was very typical, met with the hiring manager and we had a great interview/conversation. During the entire process Jeannie kept me informed and updated. I do think that in this case her professionalism made the difference.

Thank you.

Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website, then they contacted me for a phone interview, then an in person interview with a few managers. Overall, the best interview I have ever been on.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Williamsville, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went good what happened after the interview did not. The interview lasted for 30 mins. I interviewed with the manager over the customer service department. She was very friendly and asked behavioral what would you do questions. They followed up with me about 3 days later and offered me the position which I accepted. I was then instructed to take a background and drug screen. I took the drug screen and the results were negative dilute so they made me take it again. The second drug screen was negative. They received my background check back and I was told everything looked good then I received a call asking for a manager reference which they never asked me for before. They only previously asked for coworker references. Beware working for this company it is not worth the hassle the whole process took a whole month of my time and since I had no manager reference they rescinded the job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty usual questions in regards to an interview. Sat with a couple of different managers on a Board style interview. Each one represented various vendors. They all had their own set of questions as well.

Business Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Buffalo, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online for support rep position, within 15 min I got an email from HR to setup a phone interview for next week, phone interview went well and at the end the lady asked to schedule a face to face interview with 3 hiring managers next week.
    I was kinda nervous but meeting Ingram Micro team wasn't that hard! They were very friendly and laid-back. I had alot of fun talking to them and we spent like an hour and at the end of the interview they asked me what do I do enjoy doing the best? And based on my answer they recommend me to see another hiring manager for different position which they believe I'm a better fit for it. I loved the fact they care about what I wanted instead if just filling a position like other companies.
    I met the other manager 2 days later and I didn't have an idea what am I supposed to be ready for! Didn't know the position or details,I thought the interview going bad but the manager was very relaxed and he did offered me a position at the end of the interview.
    All I read about IM was absolutely right. They care about you and what you got to offer and they will work hard to put you in the right place
    It took about 22 days from applying to get an offer

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. then in person interview lasting about 15 minutes. I did not receive an offer, but after a month a position opened up and they called me.

Interview Questions

• What would someone in your current job say your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview

Started with 30 mins phone interview with the recruiter, then few days later received email for a 45 minutes face to face interview with hiring manager at Ingram campus. Final process ends with 30 minutes phone interview with VP. Got an offer after a week. Whole process only took a month.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingram Micro (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter working for United Technical, Inc reached out to me via Linkedin asking if I was interested in a product management position at Ingram Micro. He provided me with a job description and we scheduled a call for the following day to talk more. I set time aside from my busy schedule to speak with this recruiter only to have him no show. I waited for 30 mins and decided to email him to let him know that I had a meeting that I was going to step into and that it might be best to reschedule since it looked like he was unable to make the call. Well, he didn't even have the professional courtesy to respond to that email.

Predictive Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2017.

Interview

Went through phone discussion with HR, followed by an interview with a team member and in-house interview. The recruiter was professional and clarified the process and expectations. The team member who interviewed had excellent discussion and overall it went well. The final interview was meeting a bunch of loosers who did not get through as Data Scientist elsewhere and after couple of years of experience were positioned as 'Predictive Analyst' with a low salary below $80K. They were annoyingly teasing apart every non-essential questions, especially an asian guy who does Python/ business intelligence considers himself father of data science (and is lame at listening ability). The business interviewers and the manager had good rapport and were very supportive during the interview.

Interview Questions

• SQL, Machine learning, Experience, Situation nd business focused questions   1 Answer