Lazard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

long application process and very short phone interview. they asked fit question and behavioral. they were looking for deep knowledge of the company, asking about division and revenues, 10K , 10Q.

Interview Questions

• please, talk me about Lazard and what we do. how many revenues?   Answer Question

Spring Insight Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

Had to send my CV and Cover letter to the Graduate Recruitment Team. The cover letter had to answer 2 questions with 3 parts each. Received an offer for a one-way video interview the day after.

Interview Questions

• tell us an experience in which you've learned your strengths and weaknesses. what did you learn from this?
      is there anything else you'd like to ask?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in December 2016.

Interview

It took two weeks after the resume drop. First round was the phone interview was with an associate level person. The interview was not too hard. Pretty average experience.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard.

Interview

Process started in Sept 2016. Two phone interviews, one with analyst , one with associate. Second with associate was 30 minutes of straight technical questions covering valuation, DCF concepts, and accounting. Superday was in October. Superday was 3-30 minute interviews, with one of the three being only technical questions

Interview Questions

• Major emphasis on why that city (regional office) and why lazard. Superday was 3 30 min interviews with one being straight technical.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Tech M&A Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a phone screen through an employee referral. Phone screen was very brief, about 15 mins and did some intro and fit questions, and then a few technicals as well. Didn't really expect the technicals but got called to the superday nonetheless. Superday ran about 6 hours and consisted of about 9 or 10 interviews w all levels and a brief 15 minute modeling test. None of the interviews were exceptionally difficult.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of the three main valuation methods.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lazard (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Screening on-campus interview that was fairly basic. No technicals in the screening interview - walk me through your resume, why banking type questions only. Superday was 5 interviews and 30 mins to answer a writing prompt. One guy tried to throw me off by being on his phone and acting uninterested. Other four were fairly straightforward get-to-know you questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how an expense would impact all 3 financial statements.   Answer Question

Capital Markets Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lazard.

Interview

Went straight to technicals after a few questions. The interviewer was nice and gave tips about her questions, but the atmosphere was a little frightening. Phone interview went for around 30 mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was three interviews on the superday and a phone call for the first round. They were very technical with basis on discounted cash flow analysis. They also asked me a lot about my interest in Lazard. The people who interviewed me had gotten my resumes before and asked me very specific questions about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a first round over the phone. Mainly behavioral with one simple accounting. Had a super day two weeks after at the NY office. 4 interviews 30 mins each all were super technical.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed first round at the campus. Process took about a month. It was a one on one interview and the interview was a straight technical questions. First he asked me to walk through resume, what other interviews I have, and went into straight LBO questions, followed by calculating IRR.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through LBO
      Calculate IRR based on info he gave me.   Answer Question