Lazard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lazard

3.3

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, two 1-on-1 interviews (behavioral), super day (three 1-on-1 interviews that were behavioral, technical and markets/industry related). HR calls you back quickly if you do well and they want to advance you into the next round. All interviews were with VPs, Director and MDs.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very well organized process. Transparent about expectations. Modelling and case discussions, written and verbal. Good involvement by associates, VPs, Managing Directors in interview process. Tough but fair questions. Good follow up. Good compensation and career progression.

Associate, Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First round - All fit/ resume questions with 4 bankers (from Associate to Senior VP level) at the office
    They seemed very friendly and nice
    Generic questions - Why banking, Any interesting deal that I had worked on, Why MBA, Strengths, Weaknesses, Courageous decision I had taken, Why Lazard.
    The next was going to be a super day if I qualified in the first round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

long application process and very short phone interview. they asked fit question and behavioral. they were looking for deep knowledge of the company, asking about division and revenues, 10K , 10Q.

Interview Questions

• please, talk me about Lazard and what we do. how many revenues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First round in person with VP that was entirely fit to gauge my knowledge of space and interest/commitment to industry group. Standard superday procedure with 5-6 interviews and final interview with lead MD in group.

Interview Questions

• How to value companies. Accounting walkthrough. Finance test including pen and paper DCF.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

First round interview, second round interview, modeling test, background check. Second round interview meant meeting almost all of the team members in the group as well as senior folks. Asked a series of behavioral and technical questions but technical questions were more levered to the modeling test.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you work in your current job and how can you handle long hours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Campus application, followed by standard phone interviews with VP, Associates. It's shocking how arrogant and presumptuous some of them are, and a VP was late for 15 minutes for the call without any explanation

Interview Questions

• most behavioral questions, past internship experiences, standard technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

A lot of fit and mental math. Definitely need to know the basics of accounting and finance. They really want to know why IB because they expect you to stay on for 2 years. Very nice guys in general. Really have to show a passion for what you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• A lot of mental math. Be able to take percentage of numbers and quickly multiply.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Went in without much of a corporate finance background, and got peppered with quantitative financial questions despite saying up front that my classes were mainly just economics. So kind of a struggle to keep going through all these concepts I hadn't heard of before.

Interview Questions

• Some corporate finance questions   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lazard.

Interview

Barely any technicals, the associate was a real jerk though. He just worked through my entire interview and barely looked up to make eye contact. Office is small so if you don't vibe well with one person, your chances at a job are close to none. Everyone else in the office was awesome.