MIT Lincoln Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 152 of over 152 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Interview

A standard interview process with generic questions being asked. No technical nor mathematical question, the questions reflect on the resume and projects. Also questions involve U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a security clearance.

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about MIT Lincoln Laboratory?
    Answer Question

MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Interview

It was a casual conversation about what they were looking for and what skills and experience I had. It was not technical (with the group I interviewed with). They were very communicative during the entire hiring process too.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in Apr 2021

Interview

LONG hiring process. - (1 month after applying) 1 hour phone interview with group leaders discussing the company and the role. - (2 weeks later) One-on-one interviews (30 min each) totaling 4-5 hours with group members to discuss projects and trying to find fit followed by a presentation on my previous research. Ghosted for months on end despite reaching out to the administrator multiple times. Application was declined after months. ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT: Seriously expedite the hiring process as there are not many people willing to wait months on end (sometime without salary) on a decision only to be ghosted months later.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell us about your thesis project.

MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Interview

Expected to be asked about my technical background in relation to the position, but instead was only asked systems and project management-related questions. I felt like I didn't have any opportunity to showcase why I'd make a good fit and why I was interested in GNC.

Interview Questions
  • Say you were in a group of 30 people just starting out on a project. How would your team go about deciding the first set of tasks for the new project?

MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Interview

Fairly Standard process of talking through your resume, explaining skills relevant to position. Interviewer then explains what's needed from job, general workload, ect. Casual process , Q/A style of interview. Come prepared with research on job however.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornwall on Hudson, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Cornwall on Hudson, NY) in Feb 2021

Interview

The process was very laid back, we had a one on one interview over a video call that went very well. The interviewer just wanted to know basic information in order to pass me on to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • My experience in various fields, my citizenship, and what grade I was in.

MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with MIT Lincoln Laboratory. Brief introduction, portfolio review with current employee from the same department, questions, and conclusion. Lasted about 20 minutes total and offered to provide additional assistantce via email.

Interview Questions
  • Interviewer was very open and friendly. Conversational interview with no trick questions. Discussed skill set, design strengths, location, and security. Described the team environment and the work/life balance at the company.

MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Interview

After submitting an application, I was asked to schedule an interview. The interview was non-technical, it was only about my resume and interests. I really loved that aspect--it made me way more relaxed!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (New York, NY)

Interview

Initial phone screen to review resume. Know your resume well. Then 5 hour Zoom interview. After that, I was completely ghosted. They expressed how much they were interested in me and said they'd get back soon, 2 months later my application now says denied and haven't heard from anyone since the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in Oct 2020

Interview

It was about an hour with 2 people. Very chill phone call! Told me about the group and what they did. What Lincoln lab does and etc. *this is filler to meet the 30 word count

Interview Questions
  • Why use a hypersonic vs ballistic missile?
  • Pros and cons of using IR vs radar systems on a missile system?
  • What is hypersonic flow ?
  • What phenomena appears in hypersonic flow vs supersonic flow?
  • Given 100 random numbers how would you go about placing the numbers in ascending order given 10 containers. e.g first container contains 1-10,11-20,...,91-100? you may use any coding language.
2 people found this interview helpful