MIT Lincoln Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.8

Assistant Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Initially contacted for a phone screen with the group leader, which was getting to know more about the position and about my interests. I was moved onto an on-site interview, which consisted of meeting and touring the facility with HR, and then having six 1-1 interviews with members of the group. Almost all behavioral, though seems like it's up to the interviewer to ask anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this specific project on your resume.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me more about Kalman filters and filters in general?   Answer Question

Computer Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Long waiting time in between steps in the hiring process. When finally asked to come on-site for an interview, HR didn't show up to the interview they scheduled, and so I went straight into interviewing one on one with the group members. The group asked questions about my interests and items on my resume. These ranged from very enjoyable and relaxed, to incredibly unprofessional and uncomfortable.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair. Asked and answered some questions over my resume. Interviewed within a couple days on campus. Typical questions: strengths, weaknesses, describe yourself. Got sense the younger-than-me interviewer was not willing to accept a nontraditional student

Unspecified Interview

Application

Interview

My interview was arranged through a college career office, and was about getting to know me and my experience to see where I might fit within the company. Guy was friendly and polite.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Troy, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus interview, sat down one on one. Was asked what I knew about the lab. More like a casual conversation than an interview. I was told to apply online and they'd write me a referral.

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in October 2017.

Interview

It was very casual, I was asked questions about my research and previous work experience as well as some of the classes I had taken. I was briefed on some of the projects currently being worked on.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Computer Vision Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Interview started with a briefing from HR on the hiring process and benefits at Lincoln labs. I then interviewed with 5 people in Division 10 group 4. Interview was standard and consisted of questions about my resume along with some typical "explain a problem you faced and how you solved it" type questions. Overall interview was around 3 hours. This group seems to be very concerned with "clean" programing standards. Had some questions on how I keep my coding organized and efficient.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

I found out about the position from a former employer that now works at the lab. I applied online and was contacted by HR almost immediately (because of the employee referral). I interviewed that same week which was a process that took 3-4 hours. I met with HR and 5 or so people from the group. I did not go into this interview expecting to speak with so many people and spend half of my day there, considering it's an entry-level position. I received an offer the following week and started a month later after my initial background check was done. The entire process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked a myriad of questions from standard questions e.g. "give an example of how you are detail oriented" to questions about my educational background and long-term professional goals. It was an enjoyable experience, but stressful because of the seemingly never-ending slew of questions. My advice: be prepared to think on your feet!   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about this position from a recruitment company, EDA Staffing. First interview over the phone was with the recruiter. Second interview was in person with hiring manager. Overall, extremely displeased with the professionalism of the hiring manager whom adamantly did not want to hire me but thought it would be cute if I came into his office just because he liked my resume. He wasted my time, and could have just talked to me over the phone. So aggravated I did not send a thank you letter.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

One phone interview with approximately five people. The interview was mostly about my own background but only behavioral questions, none technical. Each individual described their projects and asked me which project interested me most.