MIT Lincoln Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.7

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair. Asked and answered some questions over my resume. Interviewed within a couple days on campus. Typical questions: strengths, weaknesses, describe yourself. Got sense the younger-than-me interviewer was not willing to accept a nontraditional student

Unspecified Interview

Application

Interview

My interview was arranged through a college career office, and was about getting to know me and my experience to see where I might fit within the company. Guy was friendly and polite.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Troy, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus interview, sat down one on one. Was asked what I knew about the lab. More like a casual conversation than an interview. I was told to apply online and they'd write me a referral.

Computer Vision Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Interview started with a briefing from HR on the hiring process and benefits at Lincoln labs. I then interviewed with 5 people in Division 10 group 4. Interview was standard and consisted of questions about my resume along with some typical "explain a problem you faced and how you solved it" type questions. Overall interview was around 3 hours. This group seems to be very concerned with "clean" programing standards. Had some questions on how I keep my coding organized and efficient.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

I found out about the position from a former employer that now works at the lab. I applied online and was contacted by HR almost immediately (because of the employee referral). I interviewed that same week which was a process that took 3-4 hours. I met with HR and 5 or so people from the group. I did not go into this interview expecting to speak with so many people and spend half of my day there, considering it's an entry-level position. I received an offer the following week and started a month later after my initial background check was done. The entire process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked a myriad of questions from standard questions e.g. "give an example of how you are detail oriented" to questions about my educational background and long-term professional goals. It was an enjoyable experience, but stressful because of the seemingly never-ending slew of questions. My advice: be prepared to think on your feet!   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about this position from a recruitment company, EDA Staffing. First interview over the phone was with the recruiter. Second interview was in person with hiring manager. Overall, extremely displeased with the professionalism of the hiring manager whom adamantly did not want to hire me but thought it would be cute if I came into his office just because he liked my resume. He wasted my time, and could have just talked to me over the phone. So aggravated I did not send a thank you letter.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

One phone interview with approximately five people. The interview was mostly about my own background but only behavioral questions, none technical. Each individual described their projects and asked me which project interested me most.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA).

Interview

I applied for the position through the job site portal. I was contacted through email less than two weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was essentially a tour of the campus, and a brief questionnaire with HR. I recieved an email less than a week later with an offer. I accepted. I had to submit all of the background/security paperwork before my first work day. (it took roughly four weeks to process - when they tell you to do it with haste: DO IT).

Interview Questions

• Describe relevant experience/skills you posses with regards to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Radar Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in September, didn't hear anything back until mid January. Offered an on-site interview scheduled in February, and had an offer by the start of March.

Very engaging interviews with both the heads of the group and the engineers that I will be working with.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous project experience that was related to the position. No technical questions or quizzes.   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. Within three days I was contacted to set up a thirty minute phone interview, and received my offer two days after the interview. I only spoke to one member of the staff and there were no other interviews involved.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects listed on your resume (signal processing related)   Answer Question