MIT Lincoln Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

One phone interview with approximately five people. The interview was mostly about my own background but only behavioral questions, none technical. Each individual described their projects and asked me which project interested me most.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA).

Interview

I applied for the position through the job site portal. I was contacted through email less than two weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was essentially a tour of the campus, and a brief questionnaire with HR. I recieved an email less than a week later with an offer. I accepted. I had to submit all of the background/security paperwork before my first work day. (it took roughly four weeks to process - when they tell you to do it with haste: DO IT).

Interview Questions

• Describe relevant experience/skills you posses with regards to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Radar Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in September, didn't hear anything back until mid January. Offered an on-site interview scheduled in February, and had an offer by the start of March.

Very engaging interviews with both the heads of the group and the engineers that I will be working with.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous project experience that was related to the position. No technical questions or quizzes.   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. Within three days I was contacted to set up a thirty minute phone interview, and received my offer two days after the interview. I only spoke to one member of the staff and there were no other interviews involved.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects listed on your resume (signal processing related)   Answer Question

Security Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lincoln, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant phone interview initially, followed up by two additional in-person interviews with both the hiring manager, team members and human resources. The people were very pleasant and highly professional. The human resources representative provided information about the benefits and salary and was very good about providing information throughout the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• General questions related to the position as well as background information and work experience.   Answer Question

Associate Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA).

Interview

I love glassdoor and appreciate the resource, anyways, I promised myself to contribute if ever I had the chance :

I was encouraged to apply to Lincoln labs by a colleague and staff employee. I did so and two weeks later an interview was scheduled. One week after scheduling the interview I came in, discussed the responsibilities of MITLL staff and presented my research topics. Everyone asked very perceptive and good questions when I discussed my work, and seemed to be very engaged. I think each group leans on your resume as a filter, and really tries to make a determination on your ability to fit in with the group and contribute. It took 4 weeks to receive an offer, and I immediately accepted. It took an additional 4 weeks to process my background check. The entire process took a little over two months, which is a little vexing/nerve wrecking. Hopefully if you've applied and are waiting on some stage of the hiring process, this is helpful and lets you know it takes some time! HR is extremely helpful though and responsive to inquiries.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your research   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the HR Representative, which lasted around 30 minutes. The HR representative then made the decision on the spot if I was a good fit. Then was some e-mail back and forth as well as a phone interview with the department head, which was who the person in the position would report to. Most questions related to past experience in academia and previous employment.

Interview Questions

• What previous work related projects/activities have you been given?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Interviewed at my university with someone from the recruiting team and then was flown in for a day long on site interview during which I interviewed with 4 groups and approximately 12 different people, sometimes individually sometimes as in a group.

The questions ranged from technical (e.g. describe how would I solve an operational problem ) to interpersonal (e.g. describe a difficult experience you had working in a group and how did you solve it). The day long interview lasted the entire work day and was tiring but not too difficult.

I got offers from all 4 groups so it went well. Having confidence and being genuine seemed to help establish rapport.

Interview Questions

• Explian latin hypercube sampling. (I was only asked this because it was part of my thesis)   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in April 2016.

Interview

The group leader asked me about my resume. We talked about past research I had done and the future research that would be done during the summer. Overall the interviewer was very easygoing and seemed to enjoy very much talking about the future research. You should look over your resume and the job listing and try to tailor what you say based on the job listing.

Architectural Design/Construction Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter regarding the role via LinkedIn. After expressing interest, we had a phone interview to review the role and my candidacy as it related to job specific skills.

Interview Questions

• I was prompted in the phone interview to discuss how my specific architectural experience could translate to meet the specific needs of MIT Lincoln Laboratories.   Answer Question