MIT Lincoln Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Initially contacted for a phone screen with the group leader, which was getting to know more about the position and about my interests. I was moved onto an on-site interview, which consisted of meeting and touring the facility with HR, and then having six 1-1 interviews with members of the group. Almost all behavioral, though seems like it's up to the interviewer to ask anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this specific project on your resume.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me more about Kalman filters and filters in general?   Answer Question

Computer Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Long waiting time in between steps in the hiring process. When finally asked to come on-site for an interview, HR didn't show up to the interview they scheduled, and so I went straight into interviewing one on one with the group members. The group asked questions about my interests and items on my resume. These ranged from very enjoyable and relaxed, to incredibly unprofessional and uncomfortable.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about this position from a recruitment company, EDA Staffing. First interview over the phone was with the recruiter. Second interview was in person with hiring manager. Overall, extremely displeased with the professionalism of the hiring manager whom adamantly did not want to hire me but thought it would be cute if I came into his office just because he liked my resume. He wasted my time, and could have just talked to me over the phone. So aggravated I did not send a thank you letter.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two groups. Some of the interviewers seemed entirely unprepared. Others asked reasonable questions based on my resume. I spent a full day interviewing there, and HR forgot to call me a cab, so I spent an extra hour in the lobby trying to figure out how to get back to the hotel. It is in the suburbs so you have to call a cab in advance.

Interview Questions

• Which sorting algorithm would be fastest (Big O)
      Operating Systems question   Answer Question

Assistant Staff Interview

Interview

Interview process is meeting groups leaders, technical staff, and assistant staff. Last 1/2 a day.

Interview Questions

• A technical staff asked a question, and it turned out that she has little knowledge of it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my university and gave my resume to the recruiter at the MIT Lincoln Lab table. They seemed interested and asked me several questions and had me come back the next day for an interview with a senior staff member and an HR representative. They flew me out about a month later to interview on site with several of their groups.

Interview Questions

• Questions were primarily about my current research and my interest in their lab.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty low-key. One group brought me in for an interview (flew me across the country, put me up in a nice hotel) and since I was already there, connected me with another group that might be interested. I had about interviewed with about 6 or 8 people in each group, 10-20 minutes each, and they didn't ask me super-specific technical questions to test my ability. They were much more interested in hearing me tell them what I did know and seeing if it was a personality match.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Up to a certain point, yes, but there is a cap (or so they told me) on how much they are allowed to offer someone straight out of undergrad, presumably for pay equality reasons.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Over two days I interviewed with four different groups within the lab. Each group was for roughly 3 hours, and 4 people. Mostly the discussion was about my resume and class work, internships, or projects that I has listed. I pretty much had the same exact interview four times in a row. It was good, but long. Not high pressure or too intense, I felt like HR did a good job coordinating the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you worked on and how you think it is relevant experience for this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very curious group. The interview was not technical but more about my experience and the way i work with other people. Low pressure and courteous experience. Got to learn a lot about the company and the group's work throughout the day long interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The group flies you out for a day or two of on site interviews. They typically assemble several groups that are interested in you and you spend about half a day interviewing with each group. Each group has four 30 minute interviews - my interviews were not technical and were fairly typical behavioral interviews. The interview process of each group differs slightly, but this was the typical structure:

1st interview: Meeting with team leader or more senior team member. This interview is mostly them giving you an overview of their group. They might give you a lot of time to ask questions or might ask you if you think this sounds like something you're interested in.
    2nd through 4th interview: some mixture of young and old people interviewing you and asking you typical interview questions. Always ask if you work well in groups, they also tended to ask about experiences listed on the resume.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst partner you've ever worked with and why was he/she hard to deal with.   1 Answer