MIT Lincoln Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews where they asked general questions about my previous experience. One interview was with the lead of the project I would be working on while the second was with another member of the group.

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Phone call with team potentially working on to talk about your experiences. Experiences include school projects, internship experience, leadership experience and related work to the position that you are applying to.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial in-person interview after a career fair visit. The interviewer filled out a score sheet for a variety of planned questions. There were no unique questions or discussions. The interview was not personal and did not include any discussion about specific positions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with a variety of programming languages?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Applied online and invited to do a phone interview a week or 2 later. Phone interview went fine in my opinion. It consisted of entirely behavioral questions with no challenging technical questions. 2 months later, I have been ghosted with no response from the company. This is disappointing for me, as I felt I was very qualified for the job.

Assistant Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Began with on campus screening interview one on one with company representative. Then a 1 hour phone interview followed by a full day of on site interviews with various staff members.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you've worked on.   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Phone Screen, asked about experience and what you put on resume. Pleasant 30 min conversation. No surprise or strange questions, pretty straight forward with nice recruiter who is also an engineer.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in January 2020.

Interview

Lot of Windows questions plus VMware questions . They have very knowledgable people work there. Make sure to prepare to questions like
    ‘Tell me about yourself”
    “Difficulty in your current role.”

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

The interview was semi-formal. He asked some basic questions and then went over my resume. He asked some questions based on my experiences and what I did/learned. He also asked some behavioral questions. No technical questions were asked on the first round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one suggestion you made to a project that your employer was unhappy with   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Technical and behavioral questions are asked. I had 2 rounds of interview with each round for up to 3 hours. Then HR contacted and gave me an offer. The offer was accepted and background check was performed

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for the assistant staff engineer/scientist role. I had a brief (30 minute) phone screen with a chemist over the phone regarding the position and was asked about my technical experience in relative detail and then about my interests. I was then invited for an in-person interview not long after.
    The interview was pleasant but lasted at least 4 hours, maybe 5. I first met with two senior level engineers, then later met with several groups/panels of engineers and scientists, including a biologist, but mostly chemists. The first panel was mostly personality and work ethic type questions, while the following interviews were in-depth questions about my technical experience, an ongoing project I had, what I could do to improve certain things I'd done or the project I was working on, etc. Be ready to defend everything that you've done or explain it well; if you cannot, don't bring it up -- they are very intelligent interviewers and want to know how deep your knowledge goes.
    After this, the engineer with whom I'd spoken on the phone gave me a tour of the facility and mostly answered questions I had, though by this point I had exhausted most things and little did I know, I was also coming down with the flu (so this last bit was a bit dreary for me, might be OK for others).
    Everyone was friendly; there was one very stern engineer type but I think it was just his demeanor because he would start laughing one second and then be all serious the next. Overall a decent interview experience.
    I did not receive the job but I do not believe it would have been a great fit for me in the first place so I'm OK with that. However, I had to probe them via email to get a response, or else they would have just ignored me.

Interview Questions

• What excites you or motivates you to get out of bed and work?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in January 2019.

Interview

I first applied online for a bunch of the Lincoln Labs internships online, then I heard back in an email for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I waited another couple weeks before going through the security and background check portion.

Interview Questions

• What projects did you previously work on? Describe these projects.   Answer Question