Mattress Firm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2018

2.4

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with Area Manager then interview with District Manager for hiring. Company employs younger workers for the store culture and public image. Co-workers were generally, in my opinion, not trustworthy with shared personal or company information.

Interview Questions

• Instance where you had to handle an unhappy customer and how did you respond, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Incredible company. You work hard, you help people, you make money.

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Dallas, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The process is pretty simple and was a great experience. The first step is a phone interview, which was something that was definitely new to me. It ended great though as they were very friendly during the interview. Following that, you have a face to face interview with the District Manager. He was very pleasant and very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions during the face to face interview were difficult, but make sure you put thought into why you want to work at Mattress Firm and what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations as the position is performance based. You determine your value and you can definitely be very financially successful!

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Appleton, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

Sitting in a Starbucks being questioned by two people who were reading from scripts given to them by the corporation. It was very informal. I have nothing more to say but this website will not let me move on until I drone on for so long.

Assistant Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

When i first walked in they assumed i was their for a sales meeting and sent me into a room where the meeting was going on. The manager doing the hiring was slouching in his chair playing with a rubix cube during the whole interview. It was both annoying and distracting. Over all it was an easy interview.

Assistant Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Had two interviews and it was laid back but formal.

Interview Questions

• If you were not successful at this job why would it be.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick and brief with a small knowledge test to test your label reading skills. Asked a few questions such as what days you're willing to work and if you have a flexible schedule.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Very awkward meeting with the VP.
    He was pretty uptight with a sense of arrogance about him and was not personable at all.
    I got a bit thrown off at the beginning of the interview when the first thing that came out of his mouth :“Do you have any questions for me?”
    You would expect to be asked this question at the end of the interview but he asked it at the beginning.
    Then he proceeded by asking me questions from a piece of paper and he was looking down the entire time. Very awkward.
    It takes three weeks for them to give you an answer, luckily I was offered a position , so I was glad that nothing was pending between me and this company offer wise.
    My advice is to consider this company as a last resort .

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me at the beginning of the interview   1 Answer

Mattress Firm Response

May 18, 2017 – Senior Talent Acquisition + Retention Manager

Thank you for your interest in an Analyst career opportunity at Mattress Firm! After reading your review, I am disappointed to hear that your interview experience might not have been seen as a... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

I met with two recruiters who asked me behavioral questions like how I've dealt with a difficult customer or what I'm most proud of recently. We met at a satellite building to have the interview.

Interview Questions

• What happened to you recently that makes you really happy?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a week to begin the interview process. The representative from the company was very friendly. I felt confident about the phone interview but did not hear from the company after that. They did not notify me that I would not be moving forward with the interview process although they were very optimistic and impressed over the phone. I emailed the person I spoke to and called back but received no replies.