Mattress Firm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mattress Firm Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.5

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

The first part of the interview process was a phone interview. It was the basic initial questions. Next you did online testing followed by an interview with the district manager in the store.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Simple, one on one with the District or Area manager showing you the store asking you do feel comfortable being in the store by yourself. How would you handle angry customers since you'll be face to face.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift a queen size mattress and are you computer savvy.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There were 5 stages of the process, I first met with a longtime store manager, then with Area Manager then with District Manager ans then with Regional manager over the phone. All were nice and professional, it was not a stressfull experienve

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Poughkeepsie, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Spoke with Brad, recruiter, and John, District Manager, Both were up front about expectations and talked about quality of life. They want to hire the right associates and keep them happy. They are a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What was Important to me ? What was I looking for in a company ?
       They explained the position and then asked if it was what I was looking for .   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Email ,phone call,interview- After application online, received an email -responded to email by clicking link to schedule a phone interview- a "Talent Acquisition Manager" interviewed me over the phone. Once I passed that was passed onto Regional Manager to interview in person , completed online assessment before the interview- this assessment is to help them determine whether you fit in with their culture and willingness to work within their system. The interview went well, but felt I wasn't the right fit and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt you were an attribute to your company.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2017.

Interview

Inviting and engaging during the whole process from beginning to end. I felt comfortable when answering the questions and not too pressured. The interviewer was very professional and very well trained.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in July 2017.

Interview

Started with applying online, then on to scheduling a phone interview and the final step of the process was to do an in-person interview. Afterwards they either made an offer or thanked folks for their time.

Interview Questions

• If I were to build a company from scratch, what would the environment and the employees look like?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Chandler, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had a basic phone interview within a few days. Set up an interview for the following week. Got a call asking to push it up to this week. Went in to my interview. Suit, tie, clean shaven and resume. The person who was suppose to interview me didn't show up. Someone else did instead. The interview was literally 5 minutes. Just quickly going over the position and that was about it. I was cool with this since he even said I would be great for the position and should hear back the next day. I didn't hear back the next day. I didn't hear anything for a week. I contacted the recruiter who took a few days to contact me back to state she was on vacation. The next day get a thanks but no thanks email. Now the 5 minute interview was a complete waste of my time, especially the nerves leading up to the interview for a 5 minute interview. Very unprofessional. I spent hours doing my research and preparing for S.T.A.R. base answers and questions just for 5 minutes going over what the recruiter went over about and to be lead on that I had the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Salem, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I didn't make it very far in the interview process, because I'm not willing to be required to work more than 40 hours per week without getting paid overtime, and I'm not willing to be itinerant. I just didn't feel Mattress Firm was very respectful of its employees, and I did feel the work environment was NOT conducive to a healthy work-life balance. I withdrew from the process.

Interview Questions

• We work a minimum of 46 ours each week and sometimes more than 50, and we don't pay overtime. Are you okay with that?   1 Answer
    • You will be assigned to work at various stores in a 50-mile radius, working no more than 2 weeks in a row at a single store. Are you okay with that?   1 Answer

Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Phone interview first with corporate recruiter , followed by an in-person interview with District and Area Manager...Process took several weeks before hired. Not a difficult
    process to go through.

Interview Questions

• How can you change someones life by selling a mattress set?   3 Answers