Mattress Firm Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 429 of over 429 interviews

Recruiter9%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Mattress Firm

Application

I interviewed at Mattress Firm

Interview

Amazing I enjoyed it very engaging didn’t feel rushed super positive experience I would recommend everyone tries it out if it is something that you are considering full time. Very helpful and insightful on the day to day business practices.

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about us?
    1 Answer

Mattress Firm

Application

I interviewed at Mattress Firm

Interview

Answer questions about prior background with sales, get to know each other through basic questioning, sell the interviewer a mattress successfully by demonstrating you know what you're doing in sales.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mattress Firm

Application

I interviewed at Mattress Firm

Interview

The process was good I was hoping to get a offer but haven’t heard back yet. It seems like a good atmosphere where everyone was smiling and happy to be at work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (South Florida, FL) in Oct 2021

Interview

Terrible. It took almost 3 months to get a response from recruiting after I had initially applied. They asked to set up a phone interview, which I did, then they didn't show up without notice of canceling. Super unprofessional and lazy. Don't know how they expect to have an advantage in talent acquisition with this horrendous feet-dragging process. Will never be applying here again.

Interview Questions
  • None, they said they'd call and then didn't. I'm a former million dollar writer who was interesting in working for your firm but you can expect me never to waste my time applying here again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in Sep 2021

Interview

tl;dr - Offer Received within Hours of Final Interview, then Offer was Rescinded by Hiring Team upon Receipt of my Negotiation Request. Sourced/interviewed by external recruiters, then immediately scheduled two interviews with hiring manager and senior management 2 days later, per their urgent request. Additionally interviewed with 3rd-party HR business partner in between. Interviews went great with both individuals, and ultimately an offer was received within hours of final interview with senior management. Start-to-Offer took ~1 week. 3rd party HR business partner shared offer letter with me and explained where there may be room to negotiate. I sent over my negotiation requests to amend the offer (adjusting base pay and signing bonus, inquiring about PTO and fringe benefits). From that moment, the hiring team went silent. After 72 hours later, I finally heard from the 3P HR business partner, and he informed me that they have rescinded the offer. Instead, they are reevaluating the position. I was stunned at this reactive response, and I explained to the 3P HR rep that I was very disappointed that they refused to engaged in negotiation.

Interview Questions
  • Talk to me about the following: financial management & reporting, project management & leadership skills, executive exposure and presentations, etc.

Mattress Firm

Application

I interviewed at Mattress Firm

Interview

It was a good interview. I came in they were formal and very punctual. Would interview with this company again. They asked questions regarding the job and relevant to the conversation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mattress Firm

Application

I interviewed at Mattress Firm

Interview

very straight forward and real honest. Nothing wasn't vague and everything turned out to be what was said in the interview. The company is very good and very straight forward with how things are ran and did.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mattress Firm

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mattress Firm in Jul 2021

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. First spoke to a recruiter and then had two panel interviews. They asked lots of questions performance-based questions. Using the STAR method would be highly recommended. All in all it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to roll out and support an unpopular initiative with your team.

Mattress Firm

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm

Interview

The company is horribly unorganized. Had multiple interviewers call me and it quote has been taking them 2 months to get ahold of the hiring manager. There indeed system crashed before the interview as well and was not rescheduled

Interview Questions
  • Sales experience? Can you work long hours? Describe a customer service situation you have been in
1 person found this interview helpful

Mattress Firm

Application

I interviewed at Mattress Firm

Interview

Lighthearted Friendly. There was no real set questions. It was mostly conversation. Seemed to be a easy going group. Just looking for dedicated help as far as I see now.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 429 Interviews