Mattress Firm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mattress Firm Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.5

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process and basic questions - they are very interested in your career goals and ability to sell. However, the interviewer didn't seem very interested, even though I was the only person there interviewing at the time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about one time that you had to deal with an angry/frustrated customer?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Sacramento, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I first applied online through indeed and was emailed back to confirm a new online video process they have in place to help get to know you better. The App used for this was Hirevew, Its 7 questions consisting of past work related situations and what you did to either resolve an issue or complete a task. Every question is 3 min long with a 30 secong warm up before you actually start recording. I was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview about 5 days later. The phone interview was brief about 20 mins describing what to expect however full details would be given by DM. I was then scheduled for an interview with the DM. I have that interview coming up in 2 days. All i can say is the process is fairly easy and the video interview is new and impressive overall a pleasnt experience. I really hope i get the job because this seems like an amazing career path to take.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you were met with a deadline, and what steps did you take to ensure this deadline was met?   1 Answer

Mattress Firm Response

Jun 12, 2018 – Mattress Firm Careers

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the video interview experience, which we've found is super convenient for candidates. Best of luck to you in your next interview!

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlebury, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Middlebury, VT).

Interview

Normal phone leading to a sit down. Followed up by an offer then paperwork. It was here that their hiring questions became deceptive. The interview was easy especially with a strughling company trying to regroup after embezlment charges are found to be true from the top down. They still have their jobs and I do not. What is wrong with this picture?

Interview Questions

• Experience   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to submit to a background check   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Had a phone interview and two in person interviews which I thought went well. It seemed like it would be a nice place to work. The interview in my opinion was very laid back and mostly conversational about why I was interested in the role and why I thought I’d be a good fit. I was very interested in the position, was asked for references but then complete silence. I was told I’d hear back by the end of the week.Never heard back at all with a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things are most important to you in your next job?   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Richmond, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview and it was very brief. It was a great experience. The interview just felt really smooth and easy. No pressure. He told me that he loved my energy and that he thinks ill be a great accessory to the team.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX).

Interview

Couldn't be more disappointed in this interview process....received a phone interview after they sent me an email telling me that they think I would be the perfect fit for their company. Went and met with the DM for a face to face and then with the area manager soon after. She told me about the low pay and long hours, but said it would pay off in the commission. Sent a thank you letter to all the people who interviewed me and then didn't hear back from over a week. Then received a rejection email with little explanation of why I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 words that say what you would being to the company?   1 Answer

Sales Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX).

Interview

Due to unusual heavy traffic and I mistakenly stopped at the wrong location a mile from the correct one, I arrived at 2:01 for a 2:00 interview. I was denied an interview because I was late. Be informed this company demands perfection with no excuses for low paying, long hour jobs. Unless your single and your ultimate career goal is 50k to 60k a year, this is not a good opportunity.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

At no point was i interviewed by who I was "supposed" to interview with. The first interview was by phone. The regional manager was apparently busy so they had a manager from another state call me. Super easy interview, they pretty much just want to get a feel for you. Then I was called to set up an in person interview. That was supposed to be with a regional manager but that again didnt happen. I was met by a store manager. The questions were pretty basic like any other interview, but there is ALOT. It took an hour to get throufh all questions. A little much for a person selling a MATTRESS!

Staff Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I started out as a Temp. My interview was pretty short. I was a sweet introduction of myself and of the job description. I was promoted pretty quickly due to my wonderful work ethic.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlebury, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Middlebury, VT) in October 2017.

Interview

Corporate recruiter, District Manager follow up. Sit down interview with District Manager and final contact through phone with corporate recruiter and email from corporate recruiter and District Manager with job offer. Typical corporate style of canvasing talent

Interview Questions

• Experience I bring to the table. What interests do you have in working for MFRM and why?   1 Answer