Mattress Firm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mattress Firm Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.5

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Had a phone interview and two in person interviews which I thought went well. It seemed like it would be a nice place to work. The interview in my opinion was very laid back and mostly conversational about why I was interested in the role and why I thought I’d be a good fit. I was very interested in the position, was asked for references but then complete silence. I was told I’d hear back by the end of the week.Never heard back at all with a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things are most important to you in your next job?   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Richmond, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview and it was very brief. It was a great experience. The interview just felt really smooth and easy. No pressure. He told me that he loved my energy and that he thinks ill be a great accessory to the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX).

Interview

Couldn't be more disappointed in this interview process....received a phone interview after they sent me an email telling me that they think I would be the perfect fit for their company. Went and met with the DM for a face to face and then with the area manager soon after. She told me about the low pay and long hours, but said it would pay off in the commission. Sent a thank you letter to all the people who interviewed me and then didn't hear back from over a week. Then received a rejection email with little explanation of why I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 words that say what you would being to the company?   1 Answer

Sales Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX).

Interview

Due to unusual heavy traffic and I mistakenly stopped at the wrong location a mile from the correct one, I arrived at 2:01 for a 2:00 interview. I was denied an interview because I was late. Be informed this company demands perfection with no excuses for low paying, long hour jobs. Unless your single and your ultimate career goal is 50k to 60k a year, this is not a good opportunity.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

At no point was i interviewed by who I was "supposed" to interview with. The first interview was by phone. The regional manager was apparently busy so they had a manager from another state call me. Super easy interview, they pretty much just want to get a feel for you. Then I was called to set up an in person interview. That was supposed to be with a regional manager but that again didnt happen. I was met by a store manager. The questions were pretty basic like any other interview, but there is ALOT. It took an hour to get throufh all questions. A little much for a person selling a MATTRESS!

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

The first part of the interview process was a phone interview. It was the basic initial questions. Next you did online testing followed by an interview with the district manager in the store.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work long hours   1 Answer
    • can you work alone   1 Answer
    • how do you handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Simple, one on one with the District or Area manager showing you the store asking you do feel comfortable being in the store by yourself. How would you handle angry customers since you'll be face to face.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift a queen size mattress and are you computer savvy.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There were 5 stages of the process, I first met with a longtime store manager, then with Area Manager then with District Manager ans then with Regional manager over the phone. All were nice and professional, it was not a stressfull experienve

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Poughkeepsie, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Spoke with Brad, recruiter, and John, District Manager, Both were up front about expectations and talked about quality of life. They want to hire the right associates and keep them happy. They are a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What was Important to me ? What was I looking for in a company ?
       They explained the position and then asked if it was what I was looking for .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Email ,phone call,interview- After application online, received an email -responded to email by clicking link to schedule a phone interview- a "Talent Acquisition Manager" interviewed me over the phone. Once I passed that was passed onto Regional Manager to interview in person , completed online assessment before the interview- this assessment is to help them determine whether you fit in with their culture and willingness to work within their system. The interview went well, but felt I wasn't the right fit and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt you were an attribute to your company.   Answer Question