Merck Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

very systematic and have a list of question from interviewer
discussion more than 1 hour
focus on nature of your experience and skill
they want to know what you can contribute to the new organisation with your current experience
they want know your character, personal lifestyle/hobby

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

initial contact made by HR for site interview. One to one interviews with five manager, including hiring manager.
    Very organized and kind of laid back interview. was asked a lots of behavioral questions. Be prepare to talk about your resume.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate at all. got the salary what i wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Durham, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

-phone interview
    -full day interview at facility

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Durham, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a half day of interviews that include typical questions. They ask about past projects and how you work through them. They want to find leadership and people able to work in groups.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your project that you did at (site) from start to finish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

Still don't know if I will get the face to face interview...but the phone interview was easy. They called me for a phone interview 2 months after applying online for the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Newark, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

The interviewer appeared to be impatient. The interview questions were generic, and the interviewer did not seem interested in the responses. Candidates how are interviewing should focus and project accomplishments and what specific roll they played in those projects. The work culture appeared fair. There was one face to face interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck in March 2011.

Interview

Spoke to associate at career fair and then had a one on one interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you couldn't work with a group of people? How did you persevere?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and mostly about my resume. There was an info session before hand at my university to go over all of the positions that were available.

Interview Questions

• What type of work do you enjoy, end product, selling, etc?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merck in August 2010.

Interview

1 week from initial phone interview to face to face interview. Then 3 weeks from interview until final decision was made. In person interview consisted of 3 engineers, 1 on 1 for an hour each.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck in May 2010.

Interview

They ask alot of technical questiosn asking about related projects and prior work experience. Be prepared know your tecnhical terms and info right off the bat. For example, I was asked about a design project and asked to elaborate on every step of the project, such as concept generation, testing and refinement, customer surveys, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have a conflict with a team member and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Elaborate on the process you use to solve problems.   Answer Question