Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was at first a WebEx call with one member of the team. Then two weeks later, it was an all day 1:1 interview with 3 team members and a HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Stock interview questions. Different theme by each person.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Full day interview. Started with a ppt. After that 30 to 40 mints discussion with other scientists in the interview board. All them are very nice except couple 0f people came for the lunch who tried made me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

After I submitted my application, there was about a 2 week period until I had a phone interview with HR. About 2 weeks later, I had a request for an on-site interview (2 sessions of 2 interviewers each). They made the decision quickly, and I was notified a few weeks later.

After I accepted the offer I still had to undergo a background check, drug test, and medical clearance.

Interview Questions

• Example: Describe a time where you had to work with someone who didn't get along with you.

Most of the questions were generic interview questions.
      Answer Question

Genetics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Was emailed by the PI about 2 months after submitting an online application. After the email we set up a time for a phone interview the following week, where we discussed the important aspects of the internship and then the interviewer asking a few technical questions. It didn't seem too important to answer the questions correctly, as much as it was for the interviewer to follow your thought process.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

I first received an email from the program director and then was contact by a phone call interview. I was basically asked to describe my previous lab and project experiences. I was also asked to describe some of lab techniques listed on my resume.

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Notified by phone and e-mail. Needed to take a three hour on line test, completed test within 2 and a half hours. Then interviewed two days later at the Merck plant. Interview was very informative and enjoyable. Shown around work area and the offices of the department which job pertained too.

Interview Questions

• How would you proceed on making a monthly or weekly MP on a certain machine ?   Answer Question

Engineering Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

A day long process, Interview consisted of 4 group interviews with 3-4 interviewers each and 1 site tour. People were friendly. Questions were a mix of position related technical questions and behavioral questions.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

unnecessarily long and drawn out, disorganized. It took on average, 2 to 3 weeks to move between each and every step of the process. Questioning the efficiency of the process was not well received. Their loss.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Comprised of a 30 min WebEx interview. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about my resume. There was one trick questions to see what my thought process was. Still, not very difficult.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

I applied online through the Merck website. I was emailed by a head manager wanting to interview me specifically. An interview time was set up, and I spoke with the scientist I would directly be working with for the summer. We discussed my research projects, and then they discussed what the summer project might be like. I was called back in a week saying I had gotten the job.