Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

Associate II, Clinical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Elkhorn, NE).

Interview

I was hired from a contractor position. In order to obtain the contractor position you were interviewed by at least 3 people, sometimes in a group and sometimes separately. Interviewers were pretty friendly. HR and 2 different managers sat down with you separately.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform euthanasia?   1 Answer

Senior Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Applied online. About 30 minutes phone call from the team leader. Then 4 hours on-site interview, met the team leader and several team members, and a short presentation after lunch .

Interview Questions

• One interviewer described a specific situation, and asked to give opinion about how to solve it.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

the process was so slow though, was friendly, but I finally didn't get accepted after onsite seminar. the specific skill sets they are looking for wasn't quite perfectly fitting well to my background. the new-came final decision maker decided.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Flown in the previous night and stayed in a local hotel. Had dinner with hiring manager and another staff member the night before. Met with multiple managers from various functional groups. and gave a presentation with attendance by members of the group.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you disagreed with your manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was at first a WebEx call with one member of the team. Then two weeks later, it was an all day 1:1 interview with 3 team members and a HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Stock interview questions. Different theme by each person.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Full day interview. Started with a ppt. After that 30 to 40 mints discussion with other scientists in the interview board. All them are very nice except couple 0f people came for the lunch who tried made me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

After I submitted my application, there was about a 2 week period until I had a phone interview with HR. About 2 weeks later, I had a request for an on-site interview (2 sessions of 2 interviewers each). They made the decision quickly, and I was notified a few weeks later.

After I accepted the offer I still had to undergo a background check, drug test, and medical clearance.

Interview Questions

• Example: Describe a time where you had to work with someone who didn't get along with you.

Most of the questions were generic interview questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

I first received an email from the program director and then was contact by a phone call interview. I was basically asked to describe my previous lab and project experiences. I was also asked to describe some of lab techniques listed on my resume.

Genetics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Was emailed by the PI about 2 months after submitting an online application. After the email we set up a time for a phone interview the following week, where we discussed the important aspects of the internship and then the interviewer asking a few technical questions. It didn't seem too important to answer the questions correctly, as much as it was for the interviewer to follow your thought process.

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Notified by phone and e-mail. Needed to take a three hour on line test, completed test within 2 and a half hours. Then interviewed two days later at the Merck plant. Interview was very informative and enjoyable. Shown around work area and the offices of the department which job pertained too.

Interview Questions

• How would you proceed on making a monthly or weekly MP on a certain machine ?   Answer Question