Micron Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in September 2017.

Interview

The whole process took around 2 months. First phone interview, then another one with hiring manager and at last onsite interview. Onsite interview included 1 hr presentation and then 9 members in one-to-one interview which were 45 mind long.

Most of the interviewers were nice people. I was asking each of them about how they liked me just to keep a track of my performance on the interview. 8 out of 9 ppl said they liked/loved me! And yet I did not get the job. I have to admit--that came to me as a shocker. When I asked about what went wrong--they simply said I lacked technical Depth---which is hard to believe because a interviewer himself told me in front of others that how much he liked my depth of knowledge because the question he asked was something about a situation they were currently dealing with. I had no clue about the chemical reaction that was going on there, but starting with first principle I arrived at almost the right answer which impressed him very much!

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly focused on Dry etch, even though the post was actually about both Dry and wet etch. Their main question was difference between ICP and CCP chambers. A few standard RIE recipes etc.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Interviewers were very friendly and nice. HR professionals were also highly effective and communicative. Overall it was a pleasant process. Micron is good at doing Engineering interviews and they are not biased.

Systems Performance Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Questions on system level performance modeling in the phone interview.
    Then on-site talked with 7 or 8 engineers, some face to face, some remote through a Skype call. Questions on modeling methodology, architecture and some on programing language. People are nice and no hard feelings at all.

Interview Questions

• questions based on personal working experience, including interconnect, workload and stl   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Short exam at a career fair, followed up by two interviews. One one site interview. Very technical questions dealing with programming to CMOS logic to semiconductor physics. The on-site interview took a full day. The day was divided up into several small interviews with one or two people. The questions asked were about an array of topics, listed above.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Meridian, ID) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a 3-step process, with a 30 min phone interview with someone from HR, then an hour phone interview with a Director. The in person interview was over 2 hours.

Facility Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Applied online for this position and received an email regarding phone interview process after two months. The interview was quite straight forward but the interviewer didn't even give me an introduction about the organization and started asking questions like why this major, introduce yourself, share any difficulty faced while working, strength-weakness.

Interview Questions

Micron Technology Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for a less-than-ideal interview experience. We're working hard to improve and this instance will be shared with the TA teams.

Surface Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from recruiter to schedule a time for phone screening interview (~20 minutes). Asked typical questions (what motivates you, tell me about yourself, etc.) then asked what salary I was seeking. Told me Micron offers bonuses and offers tuition assistance for grad school at Boise State. Scheduled a follow-up interview with Surface science team, expect it to be 45 min to an hour.

Surface science team phone interview probed into resume, asked to explain materials characterization techniques listed in job description and what they tell you. If you mention something about research, especially instrumentation, they'll ask a lot of follow-up questions. Currently waiting to hear back.

Hardware Interview

Interview

Met them at the career fair & had a nice & long conversation. Was invited for informal on-campus screening via email the next day. Wasn't interested in going to Boise, kept asking if I could go to SJ instead, but it wasn't likely.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2017.

Interview

Feb - HR interview - Just about you and your profile
    March - Hiring Manager interview - Basics and semiconductor process based questions
    April - Onsite - full day interview - intense, but very good questions - they want to know how you think and of course, lots of basics.

April mid - offered ( ~ they took just a few days to decide)

Very nice experience. Know your basics well.

Interview Questions

• Tafel curves, reactions, application based questions, why/how/what's your view on a subject?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was really nice and frank. The person I interviewed with was very nice to me and treated very nicely. Asked about to tell him about my self and my struggles then some technical questions