Micron Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micron Technology Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2017.

Interview

On campus interview by hiring manager. The manager first explained the position then asked a behavior question and a few technical questions. After that, he spent about 10 min to talk about the lifestyle in Boise.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Moscow, ID) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed the morning after interacting with the recruiter at a career fair. The interview began with personal questions as the interviewer attempted to get a feel for my personality and interpersonal skills. After a few minutes, I was presented with several technical questions whose answers relied on fundamental topics of electrical engineering.

Interview Questions

• Given an RC circuit, draw and discuss the voltage and current behavior in time.   Answer Question
    • What is the relationship between charge, voltage, and capacitance?   1 Answer
    • Draw a CMOS transistor.   Answer Question
    • What is DRAM? How does it differ from SRAM?   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in September 2017.

Interview

The whole process took around 2 months. First phone interview, then another one with hiring manager and at last onsite interview. Onsite interview included 1 hr presentation and then 9 members in one-to-one interview which were 45 mind long.

Most of the interviewers were nice people. I was asking each of them about how they liked me just to keep a track of my performance on the interview. 8 out of 9 ppl said they liked/loved me! And yet I did not get the job. I have to admit--that came to me as a shocker. When I asked about what went wrong--they simply said I lacked technical Depth---which is hard to believe because a interviewer himself told me in front of others that how much he liked my depth of knowledge because the question he asked was something about a situation they were currently dealing with. I had no clue about the chemical reaction that was going on there, but starting with first principle I arrived at almost the right answer which impressed him very much!

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly focused on Dry etch, even though the post was actually about both Dry and wet etch. Their main question was difference between ICP and CCP chambers. A few standard RIE recipes etc.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

The started with an on campus interview. It was around 30 mins, with someone from the industry as well as someone from HR that interviewed me. They asked me 60% behavioral and 40% technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Trace a code in C that is pointer based, such as print string[2], follow values of *ptr ++ vs *(ptr++)   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

With a hiring manager, it was a straight forward interview. Average no trick questions. Interviewer was professional and pleasant. Questions all related to the job and location of the job. Some technical questions about previous work experiences

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology in September 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was on campus. They followed up with an email consisting of a few basic behavioral questions. The last step was an hour-long phone interview with two members from the team to which I applied.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would make for a strong fit at this company/team?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Interviewers were very friendly and nice. HR professionals were also highly effective and communicative. Overall it was a pleasant process. Micron is good at doing Engineering interviews and they are not biased.

Systems Performance Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Questions on system level performance modeling in the phone interview.
    Then on-site talked with 7 or 8 engineers, some face to face, some remote through a Skype call. Questions on modeling methodology, architecture and some on programing language. People are nice and no hard feelings at all.

Interview Questions

• questions based on personal working experience, including interconnect, workload and stl   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was drawn out over 4 months before an offer was made.

Applied and was contacted by recruiter. Had 3 phone interviews and 2 on-siteon-site interviews: one in Boise and one in Milpitas.

The interview in Boise was odd. The hiring manager said "Always keep your eye on the other groups. They might do the same work as your team and your team will disappear." The engineers I interviewed with were friendly and knowledge. They did tell me they were overworked, the manager was unrealistic about schedules, and was never present to help them resolve issues.

The team of managers in Milpitas were also friendly and knowledge. After visiting Milpitas, it took 2 months before an offer was extended.

The company made promises about benefits that were not true, and they would not stand behind a "house hunting trip." Their written recruiting documents say the new employee "is entitled to" the to, but in reality you pay and can submit for reimbursement after you start (as well as some other benefits that are "cash benefits"). Their relocation person was rude and difficult to get straight answers from. In the end, they were not willing to stand behind their word.

Interview Questions

• Soft skills and lots of questions about how I would "fix" issues the team was experiencing.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Short exam at a career fair, followed up by two interviews. One one site interview. Very technical questions dealing with programming to CMOS logic to semiconductor physics. The on-site interview took a full day. The day was divided up into several small interviews with one or two people. The questions asked were about an array of topics, listed above.