Micron Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micron Technology Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three people interview me at once. Very nice and seemed sincere with the questions that they asked me. Wanted to get to know me personally and tried to see if I was a good fit. Took them a while to get back to me though after the interview

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Two months later I got an email from HR scheduling a phone interview with me. I was asked about my impression of Micron and the city of Boise, as well as my research experience. They seem to need someone as soon as possible, but I cannot graduate until summer.

Interview Questions

• What is your advisor's feedback to you? (It is time for self-marketing)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

When I applied at Micron, the company held a mass employee selection, which I took part in. There was a Logical Reasoning test part, followed by multiple stages of one to one interview. During the interview, I was asked about myself, why do I want to work at Micron, and whether I will be able to work in shifts, among other things.

Interview Questions

• How are your grades be like what is written on your transcript?   Answer Question

Memory Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in December 2016.

Interview

Got an email and set up the phone interview with the manager of the group. 1 week later got the schedule of the on-site interview and visited Boise. Talked with the team members for 1 day.

Operations Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 4 rounds, all telephonic. Was called over to Virginia for an in person interview. Very organized process, had one on one interview with a lead engineer, a panel interview with 5 senior managers and final interview with the manager. Company paid for the travel and stay. Unfortunately, I was not offered the position. Had a wonderful experience overall. Good people around and good ambiance to work. Happy to have interviewed at my dream company though I did not get an offer.

Wish you the best for your interview.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2016.

Interview

2 interviews within two days from each other. First one with the recruiter and second with the head of the lab and another manager. First interview was behavioral and second was heavy technical. I would know your resume, cover letter and the job description very very well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a time you were a project leader. Do you work well in teams or alone? Can you describe x-ray techniques for surface analysis.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

The process was good. Engineer called me, asked me questions, and I answered. Half of the interview was technical and mostly device physics - based. Then he asked some out of the box questions.

Database Itern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Great interview, lots of feedback and very technical. Unfortunately I didn't have the level of experience they were looking for. They kindly informed me of the areas I should improve and asked that I interview with them again in the future. It was a great experience even though I didn't get an offer and highly suggest interviewing with them. Seems like it would be a decent place to intern at.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 4 rounds first HR and three other rounds
    After the HR Round, the there was a call with the team lead explaining the role of the intern and what they are expecting and had a basic resume walk through
    The next call another person went through my projects and asked some simple technical questions based on them - nothing too difficult.
    The last round was bizarre in the sense that the person kept asking me if I had skills that were clearly not listed on my resume so that was not a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly explaining about projects   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

I first interviewed with Micron at a career fair for my university. Then they flew me into Boise and gave me a rental car and a hotel room. The next day I drove onto campus at ~8am and someone from HR walked me to my first interview. I had about 8 interviews that lasted about 30 min each. They bought me lunch and I was done at about 3pm. I had to go take a urine test after that and my flight back home was at 6, so it's a busy day. You get a $60 voucher for food each day so food is all paid for.

Interview Questions

• How is a transistor made? How does it work? Can you make me a NAND gate out of transistors? how does photo lithography work? Can you write code that prints an array in reverse order?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I took what they offered but I head I could have gotten more out of my salary and relocation bonus.