Micron Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micron Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2018

2.9

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Series of phone interviews with HR and Engineers. This was followed by onsite interview with four panel interviews with two or three people. Questions were mostly simple coding, CMOS device physics and applied engineering problems.

Capacity Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Interview call with hiring manager and a team member. They were very friendly and ensured I am comfortable with the questions they were asking. The interview began by me telling about myself including my interest in activities aside from the education and professional experience.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

I applied for the role of a Design Engineer in February. Got a phone screen end of Feb with the recruiter. After that, had a phone interview with the hiring manager, 1st week of March. Last week of March, I went onsite for my interview. I interviewed with 10 people separately. Met the whole team at Boise. The questions were varied. Mostly from digital and analog electronics. Some memory based questions on DRAMs and Flash. Lots of personality based questions and some puzzles. Although the interview was very long, it was very interesting. The team was very pleasant to interact with and the interview felt conversational. I also spent a lot of time talking about my research in grad school. I recommend going over your resume properly and be prepared for lots of digital and analog questions.

Photo-Lithography Shift Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in May 2018.

Interview

Email- Contacted by the recruiter for 30 mins interview (HR interview). The call with the recruiter was very friendly. Recruiter scheduled a technical Phone screening (Next week for 45 mins) with the Hiring Managers (Pretty serious Interview/ Nice People). 50% of the questions are related to the Photo-Lithography and rest were behaviour questions. They just want to see how you work in a team and how you think about resolving an issue. They want to see if you fit in well with the team. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected for the final On-site interview. The whole procedure was a good experience.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Received email from HR regarding scheduling interview with hiring manager. Next week had 30mins of phone interview with hiring managers. They were really nice to me while talking to me. Everything they asked about was regarding resume with couple of behavioral questions. Next day I got the offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a series of four, 30-minute interviews. They asked me to go over my resume and my experiences. Keep your resume printed along with you. It shows that you are prepared. Pretty straightforward. It pays very well, but it was a crappy place to work at.

NVM Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2018.

Interview

Got a call for phone interview appointment 2 weeks after applying online. First was a phone interview with a panel of 3, later 2 weeks after that onsite interview invitation to Boise.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions were about yourself, current job role, why this position, how can you relate to this position, the difference between a latch and FF, NMOS working, 3 NMOS in series(calc output voltage across 3rd NMOS) and a few more basic device physics question.

Onsite interview was divided into 4 rounds. First round with a panel of 3, about 3-d cross-point memory, it working(as it was for 3-D cross point PE), logic questions, C code based Qs(recursion), about my present project(SerDes Rx blocks), how to validate a particular block in the SOC, when u can't control the design parameters. Validation and verification concepts(I'm more into design engineering background, so I couldn't answer validation/verification concepts), logic Qs, programming(recursion) with address shift(LSB)
      nmos working. Later lunch with senior engineer with regular Qs about my experience and background. Next, another 3 people panel interview more into technical, Id wrt to Vgs for NMOS, decoder circuit design(digital circuit design, boolean expression, realizing AND gate
      based circuit), a transmission gate(advantage over NMOS), current mirror and load resistor on both sides R and 100R of it, how to validate it and a few more basic Qs which were more into verification/validation perspective.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was across the span of nearly 1 month. Applied in early March. Got the call in april 1st week. Phone interview lasted 1 hour with a panel of 3. They went through my resume for about 20 mins. Then they asked questions on basic device physics, transistor operation, basic circuit analysis and some other general electrical engineering questions. Got the call for the on-site interview a week later. The on-site interview process was well handled. All arrangements were made by them.

The interview consisted of 2 rounds of an hour and a half each. They asked a lot of questions on device physics, NAND circuits, Digital Logic, truth tables, basic logical questions, Memory Circuit and operations, op-amp circuits, analog circuits like current mirror etc.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

They had a very impressive building. They took me to a interview room and asked a number of questions. They asked if I had any conflicts at one of my jobs and how I resolved the conflict. They gave me a puzzle to solve to test my problem solving ability.

Senior Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

First, they send an automated email where you select a day/time to interview with a person. No contact info provided, basically we will contact you, don’t contact us feel.

Quick 30 min phone interview with an HR person to screen my qualifications. She wanted me to talk with the hiring manager and move forward quickly, they wanted to fill the role and felt I was a good fit. A week later I had not heard back from anyone. I wanted to follow up to see if there was a change or something, but there is no contact information to reach anyone. After a month I assumed they had a change of heart? Still not sure after several months of not hearing back.

Have some mutual respect to contact your candidates if you decide not to move forward or filled the role. Especially if you have told them you want to move them to the next step of the interview process