Micron Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micron Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

Surface Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from recruiter to schedule a time for phone screening interview (~20 minutes). Asked typical questions (what motivates you, tell me about yourself, etc.) then asked what salary I was seeking. Told me Micron offers bonuses and offers tuition assistance for grad school at Boise State. Scheduled a follow-up interview with Surface science team, expect it to be 45 min to an hour.

Surface science team phone interview probed into resume, asked to explain materials characterization techniques listed in job description and what they tell you. If you mention something about research, especially instrumentation, they'll ask a lot of follow-up questions. Currently waiting to hear back.

Hardware Interview

Interview

Met them at the career fair & had a nice & long conversation. Was invited for informal on-campus screening via email the next day. Wasn't interested in going to Boise, kept asking if I could go to SJ instead, but it wasn't likely.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2017.

Interview

Feb - HR interview - Just about you and your profile
    March - Hiring Manager interview - Basics and semiconductor process based questions
    April - Onsite - full day interview - intense, but very good questions - they want to know how you think and of course, lots of basics.

April mid - offered ( ~ they took just a few days to decide)

Very nice experience. Know your basics well.

Interview Questions

• Tafel curves, reactions, application based questions, why/how/what's your view on a subject?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was really nice and frank. The person I interviewed with was very nice to me and treated very nicely. Asked about to tell him about my self and my struggles then some technical questions

Internship Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Went to the career fair at school, the recruiter looked through my resume, asked a few questions about it and gave me a interview slot for the next morning.

Equipment Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

The interview process was conducted at a hiring conference through an outside organization. The interview consisted of skills-based questions and ended with a summary of the benefits provided by Micron.

Interview Questions

• Questions concerned basic electronic components and concepts, as well as visual recognition of these components.   1 Answer

Dram Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

Campus Interview, followed by round-robin-style onsite interview with 5 or 6 managers from department, each lasting about 20-30 min. After this point, I did not receive an offer for nearly two months. Once I did receive an offer, they were very pushy about an answer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Draw a capacitive charge/discharge curve as a function of time.   Answer Question
    • Draw a transistor level diagram of a NAND gate   Answer Question
    • Write sample C code (on paper) to sort items in an example array.   Answer Question

Probe Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview and after a week I got a call from a recruiter. She invited me for an onsite interview in Boise, ID. They flew me there. It was on Friday and started at 8 AM.
    I took a paper-based test at the beginning for one hour. The test questions were about Circuits analysis, Transient Analysis (RC circuits), Capacitor charge sharing, Digital logic, Semiconductor and transistor device theory, Linux commands, and C programming.
    This test goes in your folder and all the interviewers will check it during your interviews.
    Then, I had 6 panel interviews each with two people (Managers or Engineers).
    90% of the questions asked were here on Glassdoor, so go ahead check them.

Interview Questions

• MOSFET cross-section
      How NAND memories work and its cell structure
      How DRAM works, its cell structure, and differential amplifier
      Difference between CMOS and BJT.
      C Programming on a whiteboard - 2D array in C (basically the DRAM array)
      How to make NAND, NOR, XOR gates with MOSFETs
      MOSFET three operational modes and IV curves, pinch-off
      Questions on my resume
      Common behavioral questions
      Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

they came to campus for taking on campus interviews and then the next round was about to happen in idaho where their headquarters are. i got in contact to them after the career fair and they called me on an interview a day after

NVE SSD HW Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

Got a phone call from the Hiring manager and after a 30-minute interview, I was invited for an onsite interview at Boise, Idaho. They flew me down to Boise, provided a great stay and I attended the on-site interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• In the phone Interview, they asked typical questions regarding my Internship experience, projects and research. The on-site interview was exhausting. I had 2 phone interviews, each lasting about 45 minutes with hiring managers from teams from other states. After that, I had a face-to-face interview with about 5 different people, each lasting about 45 Minutes. They asked many technical questions related to analog design. Questions about power supply, converters, signal integrity and my resume.   Answer Question