Micron Technology Reviews

Join the conversation on

Tech

207.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Micron Technology~1648
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits if you do your part and do well and succeed in your tasks + overachieve to bring in organizational development and growth.(in 344 reviews)
  • "Pay is good for Boise area since cost of living is generally lower than many other metro areas.(in 266 reviews)
  • "Great people and the company spends to ensure things get done right the first time.(in 218 reviews)
  • "Good Salary and bonuses.(in 149 reviews)
  • "culture is good and care for employee.(in 128 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Micron Technology and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best workplace

Jan 31, 2022 - Senior AR Analyst in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible timing - employee benefits like free food, health center - Internal growth opportunities

Cons

- Boise is not a big city

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Company review

Apr 21, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a Great place to work.

Cons

I didnt face any problem

3. 5.0

Great Place to work IMO

May 15, 2022 - Equipment Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great schedule and alot of time off,work 4,off 4,work 3,off 3.Company does seem to care about there team members(employees)Great benefits package and all my teammates have helped me in my journey here also which was a huge help.

Cons

Not many,and the small things are easy to deal with.They are working on more training currently so that will be a big help.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company Policies are great but experience varies per department

Apr 17, 2022 - Test Solutions Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, Competitive Salaries, Remote Work Options, Overall Company Culture, It takes a while but they do listen to employees (we got a 2.5% mid-year wage increase because of continual employee upset about wages not keeping up with the intense inflation)

Cons

I know this is a practice in companies, but in my opinion worth mentioning. I believe some recruiters give false promises to get new grads to work for them. There are obviously many benefits to employment with micron but they over sell it to the point where its misleading. The sentiment that is thrown around is that by these recruiters it harder for the new grads to leave and get a new job than not take the job in the first place. I am thankful for this position, but want to warn other new hires that recruiters will go past the point of ‘putting it the best light’ so keep that in mind. Micron is great, certain departments are not, spend the majority of time looking into that.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's a good place to work

May 20, 2022 - Equipment Technician in Manassas, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Short drive, decent wage + benefits. They aren't extremely hard on their employees, as other workplaces are (my opinion and from 20+ years of working full time)

Cons

Some of the people here are straight up insane. Maybe you have to be, I don't know.

6. 4.0

Inspiring Leadership, Lots of Change

May 2, 2022 - People Programs Communications Lead in Camp Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I find my leaders within the People Team (HR) to be incredibly kind, open to new ideas, and inspiring with their leadership. - My manager walks the talk. She constantly encourages our team to focus on our wellbeing--taking breaks throughout the day, not working super late, and flexing our schedules as needed if we do have to attend really early or really late meetings. - My work/life balance is pretty good. Occasionally I need to work late, but overall it is very good. Our Chief People Officer is very passionate about creating a culture of wellbeing, which is great. - I love my team. We all work together and support each other. Beyond my team, I've found nearly everyone at Micron to be a joy to work with.

Cons

- The turnover rate is high, and moral in the U.S. seems to be lower due to the amount of work everyone is trying to take care of with less team members available to help due to the turnover. - Sometimes I have to attend meeting late in the evening to accommodate time zones of team members in other countries. - The culture isn't really "fun". Improvements are being made--especially in the wellbeing space--but it could improve. (I also work remote, though, so perhaps I'm not as ingrained in the culture because of this.) - My onboarding experience wasn't bad, but wasn't great. There is room to improve in this area. I would have liked to have been paired with a buddy (which is encouraged by supervisors to provide, but not enforced) to help me navigate how to do things at such a large organization. Especially since I am remote, this would have helped me a lot.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

overall good place to work

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good bonus for hard work, resource for learning, nice teammate

Cons

relatively low salary compared to other semiconductor companies

8. 5.0

A good culture

May 19, 2022 - Semiconductor Product Engineer in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineers are nice, competent, and easy to work with.

Cons

Executives decisions and transparency are mediocre

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting work happening at Micron. Awesome to be part of cutting edge leadership and technology.

Cons

Work life balance can be hard to strike

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work with

May 17, 2022 - Principal Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company which cares for it employees

Cons

work life balance sometime could be taxing

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,050 Reviews

Micron Technology Reviews FAQs

Micron Technology has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 4,537 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Micron Technology to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Micron Technology employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Micron Technology. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

74% of Micron Technology employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Micron Technology 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Micron Technology to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Micron Technology Job Seekers