Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I have noticed a few people mention coming up with 140 of your own clients. That is actually not the case. It is to show the support you have and the comfort you have in asking for referrals. This is a commission based career. I am speaking from experience when I say I WILL NEVER go back to salary again after working for this company. They are supportive. They offer an amazing medical/dental benefit package, 401k & even still have a pension plan. This is not a junk company by any means. Some things, like getting your state license, you will pay for. However, it is your license, not theirs. After being with this company for about 8 mon, I hope I am able to stay with them until I retire.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy volunteering in your community?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lansing, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was business professional. The interview started with a few Q&A questions followed by a brief overview of the company's mission. Next i was given a personality test to determine my sales abilities. The test was about 150 question and was of the "greatly agree/ agree/ not sure/ disagree/ greatly disagree" variety.

Anonymous Employee in Faribault, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Faribault, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions were read from their booklet of pre-designed questions. Not every question in the booklet was asked. The interviewer would pick and choose which ones they wanted to ask you. Because many of the Regional Directors' office are dispersed throughout the state, it is common for them to ask you to meet with them in a public place. In this particular case, I was asked to meet at a Perkins.

Interview Questions

• What is an attribute that you learned from one or each of your parents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me not long after, then they asked me to do a personality test online and a quick math test, it was all very basic but they never contacted me after the test not sure why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process comes in many stages and is an in depth vetting process. The initial interview is more of a sales pitch for the company, followed by an online personality and basic knowledge evaluation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I have had two interviews so far. The first interview was to know who I am. The second asked a battery of questions. There was also an extra advisor at the meeting to help me understand the day in day out activities. I have another interview next week.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult circumstances in my life that I had to face?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Elizabethtown, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief hour long meeting with a member of Modern Woodmen at a local bakery during which we discussed the nature of the job and how fitted I would be to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta Center, MI

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Delta Center, MI).

Interview

There are several interviews, tests, and tasks you must do before receiving an offer. You have to come up with 140 of your own clients with phone numbers and names and take insurance classes. It's all commission and you will work weekends and late hours. However potential to make a lot of money if you are good at sales.

Interview Questions

• There is a packet of easy standard questions they will ask. What inspires you? Do you know what fraternal means?   Answer Question

Declined because I know I won't stay in this location in the next 5 years and this would be shooting myself in the foot to build my client base, then leave it.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume on a job site from my school. They had me complete some questions before I came in for an interview. Once I arrived the interview was very professional and the setting was very positive. I was asked to describe myself and my life and where I view myself as going. They had a packet that has the standard interview questions and once that was completed we spoke freely about myself and the company. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and definitely informing on the position and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with a district manager, who was very friendly in a coffeeshop near his house. He was direct and keep the interview at an even pace, which I enjoyed. It really ended up being less of an interview and more of a conversation, with him and I talking and just so happening to also be figuring out whether this job was for me, and if I was good for this company.

Interview Questions

• Do I have an established network in the area?   1 Answer