Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Interviews at Modern Woodmen

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Madison, WI).

Interview

Interviewed with partner. Called back immediately. I had a really nice conversation and just told them about myself and my values. They listened tentatively and seemed actually interested in my story.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview with a Managing Partner and a Regional Director. After that, I was called to go eat lunch with the Managing Partner who would later be my Managing Partner.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager at a career fair hosted by my University. About two weeks later after a few emails I sat down with the same hiring manager and was formally interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

2 Interviews, performance test. Very delicate interview with multiple employees.Multiple on site interviews, background check. Wanted to make sure that you really buy into the idea of fraternalism. Company really cares about its clients

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I was contacted by the company after dropping my resume off at the career fair that Modern Woodmen attended at my university. I was asked to complete a thorough questionnaire to see if my values matched that of Modern Woodmen's. After getting a follow-up call from the company, they scheduled an initial interview the following week.

The first interview essentially explained what Modern Woodmen did and stood for morally as a company. At the end, I was asked if I felt that I would be a good fit for the company, and after saying that I did, I was asked back for a second interview.

The second interview followed much more of a standard interview with questions about my past experiences, career goals, and personality type.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered a position at another larger company (Goldman Sachs, EY, etc.) while still being a Modern Woodmen employee, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the hourly wage that commission employees at the office had agreed to pay the interns and asked. I was offered either the hourly wage or the opportunity to take the internship for college credit. I chose to take it for the hourly wage.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in June 2017.

Interview

Multiple steps are involved and you have to demonstrate your willingness to do the work. You will start with a basic interview and then are required to complete 2 online assessments as well as a couple of field assignments. If you succeed on the online tests and complete the assignments then you will be offered a job. However, your contract will not be active until you complete training which is unpaid and requires you to have some business ready to write.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in the time and effort necessary to grow in this business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Cary, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Long and thorough. Have to fill out packets and complete friend circles to show community involvement. Also, personality test and basic understanding packages. They test your ability to go through your friend's circles for clients

Interview Questions

• Ask about extra curricular activities and community involvement to ensure you have the social circles to maintain a steady flow of new clients   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very natural. Simple questions and smooth conversations about relevant information, both personal and professional. The two that I interviewed with were very engaging. The environment was welcoming and other employees were opening to engagement.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen.

Interview

All the questions are routine questions. Very basic and easy. No need to prepare. Basically they will hire every normal person. They won't support you anything economically at the beginning stage.

Anonymous Employee in Faribault, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Faribault, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions were read from their booklet of pre-designed questions. Not every question in the booklet was asked. The interviewer would pick and choose which ones they wanted to ask you. Because many of the Regional Directors' office are dispersed throughout the state, it is common for them to ask you to meet with them in a public place. In this particular case, I was asked to meet at a Perkins.

Interview Questions

• What is an attribute that you learned from one or each of your parents?   Answer Question