Modern Woodmen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Modern Woodmen Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Modern Woodmen of America has a very intense interview process. There are a number of things that you have to complete if you decide you want to contract with them. It may seem like a great deal to overcome at first. However, if you want a career in this business and want to be with a company that is not only selective, but supports you, then it is worth it. Since I am only knowledgeable about the manager I worked with, I'm sure other's experience may differ greatly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5yrs?
      What drives you?
      Are you comfortable speaking with others?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process comes in many stages and is an in depth vetting process. The initial interview is more of a sales pitch for the company, followed by an online personality and basic knowledge evaluation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I have had two interviews so far. The first interview was to know who I am. The second asked a battery of questions. There was also an extra advisor at the meeting to help me understand the day in day out activities. I have another interview next week.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult circumstances in my life that I had to face?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Elizabethtown, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief hour long meeting with a member of Modern Woodmen at a local bakery during which we discussed the nature of the job and how fitted I would be to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta Center, MI

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Delta Center, MI).

Interview

There are several interviews, tests, and tasks you must do before receiving an offer. You have to come up with 140 of your own clients with phone numbers and names and take insurance classes. It's all commission and you will work weekends and late hours. However potential to make a lot of money if you are good at sales.

Interview Questions

• There is a packet of easy standard questions they will ask. What inspires you? Do you know what fraternal means?   Answer Question

Declined because I know I won't stay in this location in the next 5 years and this would be shooting myself in the foot to build my client base, then leave it.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume on a job site from my school. They had me complete some questions before I came in for an interview. Once I arrived the interview was very professional and the setting was very positive. I was asked to describe myself and my life and where I view myself as going. They had a packet that has the standard interview questions and once that was completed we spoke freely about myself and the company. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and definitely informing on the position and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with a district manager, who was very friendly in a coffeeshop near his house. He was direct and keep the interview at an even pace, which I enjoyed. It really ended up being less of an interview and more of a conversation, with him and I talking and just so happening to also be figuring out whether this job was for me, and if I was good for this company.

Interview Questions

• Do I have an established network in the area?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager at a career fair hosted by my University. About two weeks later after a few emails I sat down with the same hiring manager and was formally interviewed.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got back within a week. Had to take multiple skill assessments.

Called back for an interview, went to it. The interview was supposed to be about a half hour but ended up being somewhere around an hour and a half because the manager was talkative. Very nice. Scheduled a second interview but I declined after finding out it was 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest trait?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Modern Woodmen (Lansing, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic interview with extensive behavioral questions. The employers were eager to hire, but the job is 100% commission. They tried to overplay it by making the salary sound better than it actually was considering that it was commission only.