Motorola Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Motorola Solutions

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

The entire process from application to hire took about two months (with a one week delay). Once selected (which took about a week after initial application in my case) I got an email to do a phone interview. It was a two phase interview (background screening then technical). The background screening was 30 minutes and included typical interview type questions such as "what is your greatest strength", but it also included VERY simple coding type questions (as a sanity check). The background screening actually included a couple of brainteasers as well (to assess communication and critical thinking skills). Then the second part of the phone interview was with someone else. Surprisingly, this was also mostly nontechnical and included many of the same background questions, but with general "academic" OOP questions thrown in (like "explain polymorphism"). I got a call from a recruiter about a week after the phone interview asking me to come in for the full in-person interview. This interview was a full day and included lunch. It started and ended with the hiring manager who is very warm and made me feel comfortable and excited to be there. The interview was a series of (give or take) one hour interviews. Each interview was a mixture of background and technical questions. There were no ridiculously hard Google-style questions to stress about, just one brainteaser question again to gauge communication and problem solving skills. Everyone was very nice and very engaging, and they all made me feel like I belong there. This is a job for people who care and take pride in what they do, and they ARE looking for that genuine quality so don't try to fake it. This is a company that takes great pride in all aspects of quality as our mission is to create products that save lives. Finally, a few days after the interview I got the offer via call. There is a thorough background check and so it took another couple weeks before I started working. Overall, it was very smooth and thorough.

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

contacted by the hiring manager via phone and jumped into an impromptu interview. video conferencing interview arranged next week. it was supposed to be a group interview with the hiring manager and the team members the position works with, but when the interview starts only the same hm i spoke with showed up, and she didn't have anymore questions for me. at the end of the call i asked her if we're arranging another interview with the team members, she said she has some internal candidates and i'll be contacted by a recruiter later. that was a month ago and had not heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• what provisions in a contract do you find the most difficult to negotiate with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the first round was blended of behavioral and technical. After the phone interview, they called me onsite in which they took technical interview for an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Plantation, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process took 4+ months. I had initial phone screen from the recruiter after which I didn't hear back for almost 2 months. I was then called and asked if I was available for Technical Phone interview with the hiring manager after 2 months. The interview went well which was then followed by other technical screening exactly after 1 day. After that I was asked to follow up but they never responded to any of my calls/messages. None of the recruiters care about your emails too.

Interview Questions

• Jenkins, Node/Slave configuration,Linux/Unix, Testing question, Git commands   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2013.

Interview

They took me through one big interview group, one meeting with all the team members there, they, all together, had questions about technology, programming experience, programming logic and also personal questions. They ask a couple of C# questions but now they have expanded that to have more questions involving algorithms for different common problems to be solved. Also I think they ask a lot about inheritance and interfaces as well as the group of four patterns of design, so be ready for those. I would say that they have some very interesting characters so I would come prepared to ask off the base questions and to be just normal about a paternal way of looking at interviewees. I think that if they like you, whenever you are done with the interview part, you may be invited to come over (maybe the same day) to meet the team at its quarters and to have a closed door interview with the manager. In this interview they want to know how interested you are about the job and how would you relate to your teammates. Good luck with this interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I spoke Spanish   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

There were 4 people interviewed me from different point of view. There were technical questions and non-technical questions. Spent a whole morning for the interview, and had lunch with the interviewers. The interviewers were very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

4 people review panel: one hiring manager, one team leader, two co-workers, you spend one hour with each of them, also they invited you to lunch with different set of people, you can ask any question informally

Interview Questions

• how to get along with difficult people, software development process, technical questions on your previous projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got a call for a phone interview which was very casual, mostly asked questions about classes I've taken, languages I worked with etc. Then got a call for an on-site, which consisted of interviews with 4 different people on the team, followed by a short concluding one with the team lead. Overall not bad, they asked questions about projects I've worked on, my experience with other technologies, and some technical questions about data structures/object-oriented programming. Didn't hear back for 2 weeks so I contacted the recruiter, turns out I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• What is the run-time for accessing a hash table entry?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface in Java?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Interview

Very relaxed interview in a stress free environment. The person interviewing me was very pleasant to talked to and made the my experience much better than anticipated. They asked me to tell them about myself and then proceeded with a few technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First interview took place at the campus. After couple of weeks the recruiters organized a telephonic interview. The interview was completely technical full of C questions.

Interview Questions

• Q1. What is the difference between Interrupt and Polling?
      Q2. What is static identifier? Where is it used?
      Q3. Questions on pointer concept. They explained a small piece of code over the phone and asked questions based on it. Like incrementing pointer value.
      Q4. Difference between Array and linked list. When and how is array preferred over Linux?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

one telephonic interview for 45 mins discusses simple oops concepts. THen an onsite interview call. had 3 back to back interviews, 2 technical and one with the hiring manager.