Motorola Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very Detailed but relaxed. I do not think the person interviewing me was familiar with the specific role I was interviewing for. It appears they were following a template of questions to ask.

Senior Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was working with a recruiter who asked if I would be willing to consider the position at MSI and I agreed. The recruiter forwarded my resume and we scheduled a phone interview the following day. The phone interview went well and they called me back within 30 minutes to schedule an onsite interview with the Director of Treasury and the Global Liquidity Manager. After my first onsite interview I was asked to come back for another meeting with the Treasurer and the Assistant Treasurer. The recruiter then notified me that MSI would like to extend an offer and asked for clarification around my current comp details. I provided my details and asked for the timeline for follow up. Rather than coming back with an offer, MSI came back requesting another phone interview with the person who held the role previously. I did not hear anything back for another 3 weeks, at which point I was notified that MSI decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you had a fuse that takes 1 minute to burn and burns evenly on each side, how would you get the fuse to burn in 30 seconds?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got a call for a phone interview which was very casual, mostly asked questions about classes I've taken, languages I worked with etc. Then got a call for an on-site, which consisted of interviews with 4 different people on the team, followed by a short concluding one with the team lead. Overall not bad, they asked questions about projects I've worked on, my experience with other technologies, and some technical questions about data structures/object-oriented programming. Didn't hear back for 2 weeks so I contacted the recruiter, turns out I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• What is the run-time for accessing a hash table entry?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface in Java?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the first round was blended of behavioral and technical. After the phone interview, they called me onsite in which they took technical interview for an hour.

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

HR called me first to ask about my background, then asked 3 simple technical questions in Android to verify if I have the required qualification.

Technical interview was schedules after 2-3 weeks, It was a hangout interview which lasted for around 50 mins. They asked about data structures, Core Java concepts and Android Platform.

The interview went well, I answered most of the questions confidently. They did not get back to me for 15-20 days. I emailed HR and came to know that they are not moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• How does Hash table work? time complexity?   Answer Question
    • Details of hashCode() and equals() function in Java.   Answer Question
    • Questions on multi-threading and synchronization in Java. Interfaces and abstract classes in Java.   Answer Question
    • Android Activity Lifecycle, Services, IntentService in detail, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer On Consoles Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's job board, I got an email from an engineer about a week later. A couple of weeks after that I had a phone interview with another software engineer. It seemed like it was mostly for them to describe what the role was about and they asked me some very basic programming questions like what are the differences between a linked list and an array. After that they asked if I was still interested and when I would be able to do an on-site interview. The on-site consisted of 2 technical interviews, a lunch break, and a management interview which was a mostly an HR style one. The technical interviews were pretty easy but they asked a lot about formal software development techniques that I wasn't really familiar with so I think that's what I did wrong.

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

1 Technical cum Screening phone interview
    = More like pre-screening call with some emphasis on basic security related concepts
    1 Onsite Interview - 5 rounds ( 3 - Security Related, 2- Development Related)
    = 1st Security Round -> Basic Security Concepts like hashing, encryption, etc.
    = 2nd Security Round -> Designing an application with security in mind. Different question with regards to the same
    =3rd Security Round -> More details discussion about the same.
    =4th and 5th Dev Round -> Basic data structure and algorithm questions, Docker related questions.
    1 Technical Video Interview

Interview Questions

• Various Security Related questions, Key management, Cloud Scale up, Design Application with Security in mind, Hashing and Encryption difference. Docker related questions   Answer Question
    • Different ways to reverse a string, find best day to buy and sell stocks if values are present in each index of the array. Different data structures used at diff. scenarios. REST API related questions.   Answer Question
    • Explain EJB and its advantages, annotations (compile-level and runtime level)
      What all programs can run on JVM?
      Advantages of Java.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2017.

Interview

Great Human Resources team, precise and prompt.
    However, the next stage comes (came?) with challenges. A telephonic interview. The hiring manager in Chicago called late, the first red flag, and then presented with a curt, strange and strong accent, with poor spoken and communication skills, the questions were not clear, so I ended up repeating, paraphrasing his questions which was an odd challenge. A 30-minute discussion ended up in an hour. The next panel conversation was much better.
    All interviewees must realize Motorola is terribly slow, and runs with an enormous red-tape, so be ready to get gray by the time you come to the acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Prior projects, What will you do in the new org. Basic, ungrasped Project Management questions.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Had a phone screen where they asked basic behavioral questions about my background and interests. Then a week later, I had a video interview through google hangouts with a few of the engineers at the company. This interview was more or less the same structure as the phone interview, with behavioral questions about my background and interests. There was no technical questions asked. The interviewers were friendly and the overall process was easy and straightforward. About 3 weeks later I got an email saying they would no longer pursue me as a candidate.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

It was just a personality based interview. Fairly easy. Most of the questions where about my past. The process was frustrating and unorganized. There were several reschedules. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. The hr representative was also very nice.