Motorola Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Motorola Solutions

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2019.

Interview

Totally Interview process took a week. First round was an online coding test.Once I cleared ,
    I was called for the interview at Kodiak networks, a Motorola company in Manyata tech park(Bangalore). 3 technical rounds , following HR (mainly on CTC and availability to join ASAP).

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Thread and Process?What is Multi Threading?   Answer Question
    • What is string immutability?If s1="hello", s2="world", s1= s1+s2. What is value of s2 and expalin the memory locations for the same.   1 Answer
    • Can you explain me your project architecture and what is your role?   Answer Question
    • Can you write Singleton Design pattern.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a request for an interview with their HR recruiting. During the interview I was told numerous times how my experience and background were a perfect fit for this role. I was also told that my resume was definitely being passed on to the hiring mgr. Told second interviews were to be scheduled the following week. I asked twice, will I receive notification one way or the other. answer was yes, they don't leave people hanging......hmmm.....2 weeks later, crickets!

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Just a phone call with the manager; Overall just inquisitive, but nothing too intensive. Was just honest about what I knew and didn't know. I was interviewing for a software position, during covid though so I imagine the process has changed since.

IS Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in August 2020.

Interview

Random email requesting an interview by another line manager. It was something I apparently applied to several weeks before and they could not or would not send me a job description. They called me 45 min. after the scheduled meeting...Interviewer was an offshore resource and difficult to understand. Did not listen well and immediately started firing off technical questions - no overview of the role, company, or any of the typical niceties. I don't think he had my resume in front of him either, as answers to 1/2 the questions were right on it. It was a complete waste of time and left me with a very bad taste for this company. So unprofessional. I still don't know what the role was I supposedly "interviewing" for...lol.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about routing protocols.
      Q: What are some of the ways data center security is breached?
      Q: How does an Android device connect to the network?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

Normal phone interview where you talk about the company, position and yourself. Phone interview went over all my projects and previous internships. I explained all of them in greater detail. Basic and simple coding questions in Python and C.

Summer Interview

Interview

Nice. Phone interview and then group panel interview. Asked about my experiences and then projected i worked on. In group discussion i have been asked to solve data structure question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2020.

Interview

1. Round1: HR call. Normal HR Call.
    2. Round2: Video interview for an hour
    Covered Wide Range of Questions like Basic Oops, Volatile, SQl, Coding Question (Merge Sort), How will debug SQL server performance issue? What are Generics? How will you implement Web API Attribute to stop access of PUT and POST for a specific user.

3. Third Round: 2 hours of video interview
    1st hour
    There is no defined pattern to take interview. Asked to open Visual Studio on corporate laptop. CLI to create .net core project. Create a project and add some files. Implement a extension to sort object by multiple members. Write a unit test for it.
    Asked questions on resume. Very vague questions.
    2nd hour
    Asked questions of Microservices and deployment. Challenges faced.
    Grilling on .Net internal; low level .net implementation knowledge. Nice to learn though.
    Internal of Dictionary, hashing collision. Memory Management in CLR. Which method will you implement in custom object when using as key in Dictionary?
    Async Await internal. Algorithmic complexity discussion on List functions. Difference way to sort a list and dive in internal implementation of these ways.
    No coding question. More grilling on internal.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions of Microservices and deployment. Challenges faced.
      No coding question. More grilling on internal.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

Had an internal recruiter reach out to me a few weeks prior. It was a typical interviewing cycle. Passed the phone-screening with the hiring manager, and so forth. Came in for a F2F that was going to last a good chunk of the day.

When I got there, there was no reception, but I rang the doorbell. It took a few seconds, but someone (younger), answered. He thought I had the wrong door, and thought I was a DELIVERY GUY. Gee, judgmental much, young hotshot? That's what I thought anyway, but I told him I was actually here to interview. My enthusiasm for the job took a bit of a plunge after that...first impressions, DO matter!

As for the interview itself: nothing much to write home about. The senior staff talked about my experience, and such. Some were decidedly non-English speakers, and were very hard to understand, and they were asking me to explain some complicated SW concepts.

One guy on their team decided he didn't like me, and proceeded to throw a nasty coding problem one might find on a Hackerrank challenge.

In the end, was given the corporate brushoff notification, and that was it. They've since re-posted the job...no thanks!

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online, including logic quiz and personal skills questionnaire. Was sent a coding challenge and then invited to interview. I spoke to a recruiter, and then an engineer and did a simple whiteboarding question.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

First, the positives. Everyone I spoke to (and there were many) was pleasant and professional. Interviews were relatively easy, both from a technical aspect and a managerial skills aspect. I honestly expected them to be much much tougher. The most difficult one turned out to be one where the interviewer had a bunch of canned interview questions, but no idea what questions to ask after getting my initial answer.

Bu that’s where the positives end. This whole process lasted 5+ months. Phone interviews, face to face interviews, with what appeared to be headed toward a positive conclusion, and an offer. And then suddenly, for lack of a better word, I got “ghosted”. No more updates, no responses to any communication, and for over a month, left hanging, until finally getting the official auto-generated “thanks but no thanks” email. Had this been a 15 minute phone screen, and nothing further, I wouldn’t be so down on how everything was handled, but considering how this was far beyond that, some acknowledgment beyond an auto-generated message isn’t too much to ask. Sad thing is, as the last month went by, and the communication suddenly stopped, it took me from being incredibly excited about the opportunity, to really questioning if I would accept the job if it was offered.

Overall, I definitely expected a bit more out of a company with the kind of history and reputation that defines Motorola.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Relaxed and asked basic questions. Tell me about yourself and why do you like this company etc. Definitely needed a positive attitude. They also go over your resume and they want recent graduates.