National Instruments ELP Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

3.1

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Auburn, AL) in October 2017.

Interview

1 hour. Very friendly. The interview had a combination of technical and then very scripted personality tests. Be ready to answer about the last time you used your skills for good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Lincoln, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

I meet the reps at the career fair. I went to an info session and they handed out slips of paper to write when you weren't available. I believe everyone who did this got an interview.

Interview Questions

• Given an array containing all numbers between 0-100 except for one number at random find the missing number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone technical interview, and then was asked to do an on-site interview at National Instruments in Austin, TX. The onsite interview consisted of many behavioral questions, a couple more technical questions, and a 10-minute presentation on a technical topic.

ELP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments in February 2017.

Interview

Interacted at TAMU Career Fair. Heard back within 3 days and scheduled an on campus interview. After that interview, I was notified about 2 week's later that I had been invited to go for a second interview in Austin. 3 days total

Interview Questions

• What hardware do you need to send sound from a singer to a computer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Spoke to NI at my schools career fair. The recruiters were very nice and informative about the program. A day or two later I was scheduled for an on-ground interview. The interview was behavioral with a technical component. It was fairly easy/fun. I was then flown out to the Austin, TX campus for a final round interview. The interview was easy but some of the employees seemed unprepared for the interview. They paid for a weekend out which was great too.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about project experience. Technical questions about signal processing and simple mechatronic concepts.   Answer Question

ELP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

2 interviews, one behavioral and one technical. Questions were straight forward but seemed to have one optimal solution. You are able to answer the questions then if you get caught on something the interviewer moves on and assists you. Not scary at all.

Interview Questions

• Find one missing number from an array from 0-100   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was split into two parts, behavioral and technical. The behavioral questions were standard ones. The technical ones were easy as long as you brush up on the material before hand.

Interview Questions

• You have an array 0-100 and there is a missing number. Write a program that can figure out what the missing number is.   Answer Question
    • You have a person that wants to record themselves and the you have all the materials to do this. Design a system that can do this   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Norman, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a Behavioral and technical interview. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes. I enjoyed the interview process. The employees are very relate-able. It was my first technical interview and they understood. He made it clear they were trying to determine how each candidate thinks so being a external processor helps.

Interview Questions

• Find a missing number in a array of 100?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

They came to my college campus. I was contacted for an on-campus screening, and got a call back for an on-campus interview. After about a week, they invited me out for on-site interviews.

ELP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

They asked behavioral questions and technical questions. I had to brush up on the technical part but for the most part they were easy to answer. It was a one oN one interview so it was more of a casual conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you send the readings from an oven to a digital output?   Answer Question