Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Met once with the Team at Cherry Creek Mall. They seemed nice and made me an offer.... then asked me to take drug test.

I tested positive for pot (which is legal here in Colorado). I don't smoke pot but its everywhere, getting it in your system from second hand is easy.

Dont bother applying for their jobs in Colorado. If you have any sort of social life, you WILL test positive.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any drugs?   1 Answer
    • Would I bring customers with me.   1 Answer

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview went well in person. I didn't get the job (which really didn't bother me since it was only for 16 hours a week) What kind of irked me was that I never received a follow up call or email from the HR person who interviewed me. No communication at all. Very Unprofessional. I would not have expected that of Neiman's

Interview Questions

• What type of fashion statement do you think you make? Why should Neiman Marcus hire you? What makes you stand out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was generally relaxed and friendly, more conversational than interrogative. The questions were basic and non specific. The interviewer was kind and candid and answered a lot of questions that I had about the position in an honest way. The interview lasted about half an hour or so maybe a little bit longer or a bit less than that, I can't remember. It was overall pleasant and not very stressful.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview with the manager of the department you applied for, from there, if they like you, you will meet higher management and possibly HR. Also, if they think you would be better suited for a different department, they will have you meet with that manager as well. So its not bad to apply for other departments, even if you feel it is not your first choice, there is potential to move or when you interview to share your interest.

Interview Questions

• Questions are broad, and situational. Ex: If you have a customer that is trying to use an expired discount card, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Tough to get a response from Kelly Heller even though she gave me her card and said to contact her directly. Applying online is a much more effective route as once I completed the process I was co tatted immediately

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Standard. Not particularly wowed but people were friendly and nice. Helpful with relo. That was very nice. Got temp hours sing and no fee sale of my old home and no fee purchase of a new home here in the Dallas, Tx area.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed with the HR executive at the Atlanta location. Interview took about 30 minutes. Very professional and felt more "intense" than other places I've interviewed but not difficult by any means. Interview was for an internship position at Atlanta so NOT the corporate one which has a different hiring process all together.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

brief, concise. Interviewed with the Human Resource Manager first, then the department manager of the department they wanted me in. After that talked to the Human Resource manager again.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied, got a call the next day to schedule an in-person interview, met w/ HR then unannounced had a meeting with dept. sales manager & assistant sales manager. They're looking for associates with clientele to be able to meet sales goals and draw commission requirements.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for an internship in the Neiman Marcus IT department through my university internship coordinator by sending in my resume. A few days later I received an email to schedule an interview at their location. The interview was longer than I anticipated, lasting about 40 minutes but on average should be 30. Although it was professional I felt very comfortable at my interview, questions weren't too difficult but they did require some thought. They were also very nice and friendly at the site, it was like a business casual kind of atmosphere. Afterwords, they had me fill out an interview evaluation form.