KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 360 of over 360 interviews

In Person10%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Neiman Marcus

Application

I interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview

Sit down with management and was asked general interview questions along with questions about prior investigative experience and general LP knowledge to make sure was qualified and able to do job.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you had to use investigative skills to solve a problem?
    Answer Question

Neiman Marcus

Application

I interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview

Terrible one sided. Asked me to describe myself as well as previous experience and what my abilities were. Asked if I had eaten there before and what not. Asked if I had previously worked at a a high end restaurant even though it’s really not

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Neiman Marcus

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in Sep 2022

Interview

Every question was read. Obviously the person interviewing knew nothing about the job. Interview did not flow well. There were many pauses while she was reading. It was very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Neiman Marcus

Application

I interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview

Once I applied and was selected for an interview, HR scheduled a 1-1 video chat with the buyer of the division I was interested in. After my interview with the buyer, I had an additional interview with another Team Member with whom I would work closely. This 2nd interview allowed me to understand the role and ask more in-depth questions regarding daily tasks.

Interview Questions
  • Can you name at least three brands we do not sell that you believe will do well in our stores.

Neiman Marcus

Application

I interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview

You will be asked various questions about your sales experience background. Give examples of how you deal with customers, create luxury customer experience, styling and tools used to build your business. Coaching, Team management experience.

Interview Questions
  • experience background. Give examples of how you deal with customers, create luxury customer experience, styling and tools used to build your business.
1 person found this interview helpful

Neiman Marcus

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview

Easy. Start with a phone interview and then a one on one with the manager. Decision was very quick and onboarding was easy. Go through credit check, background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Tell me how you deal with competitions priorities?

Neiman Marcus

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in Jul 2022

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts. One was a phone, the other a face to face with the department manager, and lastly with HR. I did not get the position, and was a little bummed. I want to get back into the luxury retail game. The store is beautiful. I will continue to apply for positions as they come open. I strive to work there in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Newport News, VA) in Jul 2022

Interview

COMPLETELY GHOSTED. NMG reached out to me on LinkedIn about an analyst position in Marketing. To be honest, I was told things like “you’d be perfect for this position”. One of the marketing execs interviewed me and didn’t really ask any hard questions. At the end, she told me that the Talent Acquisition team will reach out in less than a week. I felt like I had the job because of the positive experience and how they kept insisting I would be a good fit. NEVER heard from them again. I even emailed two separate recruiters and was not told anything. It’s really crappy to treat candidates like this. Exercise caution when interviewing with them. They’re HR teams are extremely disorganized.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

interview was interesting asking about how to handle difficult situations at the work place. asking about what my experience was like working for my small business online. if I am willing to help around others to get the work flow and keep every client happy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Houston, TX) in Jun 2022

Interview

Recruiter emailed, called, and texted during weekends and late at night expecting that I be able to schedule an interview the next day. Could not understand that some candidates are currently employed and need more notice to make arrangements.

Interview Questions
  • What is your previous experience in HR? Example of facing difficult situation? How do you stay organized? Can you work weekends?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 360 Interviews

Neiman Marcus Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Neiman Marcus as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.50 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Executive Development Program and Assistant Buyer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Neiman Marcus takes an average of 21 days when considering 384 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Assistant Buyer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 31 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Neiman Marcus according to 384 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 24.46%

Work at Neiman Marcus? Share Your Experiences

Neiman Marcus logo

Neiman Marcus Careers

Cover image for Neiman Marcus

OUR COMMITMENT IS TO GIVING BACK Since 2013, the Heart of Neiman Marcus has been helping provide enriching arts experiences to youth....More

• About Neiman Marcus

Company Updates

1422 days ago

Our Strategy and Transformation Team is Hiring!!!! Are you interested in influencing strategy and driving change at an iconic retail brand? Neiman Marcus group is looking for its next generation of business leaders to help define and deliver its growth strategy, “Ignite to Win.” This comprehensive growth strategy will redefine the luxury customer experience – from leveraging personalization to creating compelling assortments to rethinking our world-class selling and service model to much more. We need top notch talent to join the Strategy group which as part of a cross-functional Transformation Office will drive transformational change across all areas of the business. The Transformation Office includes Strategy, Program Management, Change Management, and Communications. The Strategy team is responsible for providing strategic support and thought leadership to the CEO and other Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members. Check out one of our open roles: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQSuk
Shared image - Manager of Strategy in Dallas, Texas
Manager of Strategy in Dallas, Texas
glassdoor.com

1429 days ago

Neiman's VIP (NMVIP) is taking the 1:1 luxury experience outside of the store for online customers. With a suite of personal services and styling at the core, the program aims to develop more meaningful relationships with top online-only customers to improve Lifetime Value and thus grow the business. We are in the process of hiring up to 75 stylists in key markets and are looking for eager candidates with selling experience that are strong both digitally and with styling. Stylists will work from home 40 hours a week, communicating with our best online only customers. They will offer outfit recommendations to clients via email and text. Candidates should be seen as style "influencers" with their current client book and should be strong on social media, have great with written communication, are adaptable to rapid change and are excited to work in a start-up like environment. Candidates should have experience working with clients and have strong selling skills. Locations: Los Angeles - CA, New York - NY, Chicago - IL, Miami -FL and Dallas -TX Please visit our website to apply f

Neiman Marcus Photos

+ Add Photo
Neiman Marcus photo of: Outside of historic Neiman Marcus Headquarters and flagship store in Dallas.  (Photo attributed to Dfwcre8tive - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)
Neiman Marcus photo of: Neiman Marcus SF