Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person with the marketing manager, one with the director. All of the interviews were brief. The one with the director was a little intimidating. I got the call with an offer a few hours after my final interview. I wish I wouldve pushed for a larger salary. Negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions, they just want to know that you are qualified and willing to work hard. They aren't trying to throw trick questions at you.   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bal Harbour, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Bal Harbour, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed. Received a phone call week and half later screened on the phone was setup for a face to face interview with HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were basic.   2 Answers

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Standard. Not particularly wowed but people were friendly and nice. Helpful with relo. That was very nice. Got temp hours sing and no fee sale of my old home and no fee purchase of a new home here in the Dallas, Tx area.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back/ phone interview a day later and was really impressed with the swiftness they were moving at.

I came in for the interview thinking it was for a visual merchandising position as the ad focused on floor sets, keeping things organized, bringing out merchandise, and setting up mannequins. There was little mention of what the position was truly about (management included)

We went through a lot of questions about where I find my inspiration for merchandising and fashion, what some emerging trends are, schedules, and some details about the position (it was not a set M-F 9-5)

The interviewer didn't really seem to be listening to what I was saying, and I had to ask the same question for clarification several times.

Over all the clarifications, the interview went really well and when I asked when they were hoping to have the position filled I was told I would be contacted in a week or two and if I didn't hear anything, just send an email and follow up.

I sent a thank you and followed up several times and have no heard anything back.

I cannot stand this rude behavior, especially when interviewees like myself take pride in presenting their work, knowing a lot of information on the company, coming prepared with quality questions, and genuinely want a career, not just a job.

Really, you're too busy to send the people you thought highly enough to interview a rejection email? This reflects SO poorly on the company, I can't believe there aren't more policies in place to do damage control.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends you have seen in clothing this fall?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was easy and simple. I met with the head of the Visual Dept and had a basic interview. I was highly qualified with a lot of experience behind me so the next step was meeting with HR. I got hired within 2 wks

Interview Questions

• I was asked what future goals I had to pursue within my field   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Paramus, NJ) in August 2007.

Interview

one meeting, few week process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very Easy going and not intimidating. Visual is a creative field and you can express yourself freely. They are strict on appearance . I have dark brown hair and had blonde color on the bottom which i had to dye all on color after. Visual is more laid back and can wear jeans, but for the interview always dress proper and nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview went well in person. I didn't get the job (which really didn't bother me since it was only for 16 hours a week) What kind of irked me was that I never received a follow up call or email from the HR person who interviewed me. No communication at all. Very Unprofessional. I would not have expected that of Neiman's

Interview Questions

• What type of fashion statement do you think you make? Why should Neiman Marcus hire you? What makes you stand out?   Answer Question

Visual Trimmer Interview

Interview

they don't respond if you did not make it for an interview. they only respond if you did. In my opinion it seems very difficult to get hired as a buyer there, you have to go to their HQ for the training and then work your way up. I have 2 degrees, one in merchandising and 1 in business and retail experience but I have not received word yet.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Email a recruiter from job posting, got a call from an HR to schedule for phone interview with the basic screening questions. Got the in person interview during the call with HR to meet with manager within the next few days. I was there very early and well dressed. The manager, gave me a handshake, water and sat in a presentation room. The interview questions were simple, the manager explain more about the position then ask if I any questions. Gave about 5 out of 10 I had written down about the position. She closed with her business card and told me I would receive a call next week if interested. The next week hr called me back to meet with one of the creative director. Director wanted to know if I did anything for halloween as we walked to the office. The 2nd interview was very quick & brief. Director asked me about two questions, then discuss my experience, talk about the opportunity & if i had any other questions. I then said no, any questions I had were answer. Director apologize for such a late time of the interview and got up then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions: What are your thoughts about their online site?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any more questions? Caught of guard the second time since I was only ask two questions.   Answer Question