Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Neiman Marcus

2.5

Assistant Selling Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by another manager for this position. Sent my resume and a week or so later I had an interview with the Store Manager and then an HR manager. First, I did take the personality and aptitude tests they sent via email. Overall, the process was quite easy, and within a few days I was offered the position. I countered on the salary, and they came up a bit, but not enough for me to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes up to you and says they want to buy a coat. What do you do next and how do you sell it?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   4 Answers

Customer Services Interview

Interview

Easy but slow. Called me after 3 weeks. HR was really friendly and always there to help. Once they called me for interview then the process went really fast and smooth.

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Several interview process. Very nice environment and managers. Basic interview questions. Easy to talk to. Not intimidating. Focus on customer relationships. Very easy interview process. Have to meet several managers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

My interview took about 3 hours with 4 managers. Each manager interviewed me separately and asked about my retail experience, how I deal with angry customers and how I build clientele.

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me about yourself.
      2) Please tell me about your previous retail experience?
      3) What do you know about our company?
      4) Why do you want to work for Neiman Marcus?
      5) Do you have experience with clientele? How did you build it?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview process was standard. It consisted of a phone screen, followed by a first round in-person, and final round in-person. The whole process took about two weeks to complete.

Visual Trimmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the HR dept to schedule an interview about 2 weeks later.

The in person interview was unpleasant. The first person I was scheduled to meet with was about 20 mins late; in retail the day doesn’t always go as planned which I understand, however no other member of staff was able to get ahold of the interviewer to check up on an ETA which just left me waiting in an empty office.

Once things got underway, I realized very quickly this was not a company I would be interested in working for. Both interviewers were unprofessional-I was interrupted multiple times while answering questions about my background, and one added “I don’t mean to be offensive, but what even makes you think you have the experience to work here?” There is a professional and courteous way to wrap up an interview with a candidate who would not be the best fit, and this clearly was not an example of that. I expected a higher level of professionalism coming from a company such as Neiman Marcus.

Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Asked about my experience with costumers and my thoughts on fashion. They talked to me asking me questions to feel out my personality. To be honest one of the easiest interviews I've had.

Social Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

I have three round interviews with the social media director, manager and VP. I think we have a really nice talk but I didn't get the offer and I feel so disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about yourself?   1 Answer

Remote Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Called by recruiter on Monday, interviewed at call center the next morning during a hiring fair. Interview was one on one with a manager. I was offered a part time position, i was also given the option to choose my shift.

Interview Questions

• A time when I had to work with a difficult customer, how was it handled and resolved?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage time?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Phone interview the schedules Short 15 minute One on one interview . Behavorial question.Decison immediately and schedule drug screening . Had the opportunity to choose work schedule at that time.