Neustar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First brief phone screen with the recruiter. And then he set up two phone calls with two senior managers. After that an on site interview where I talked to 5 different people. Each conversation lasted around 30-40 min. The recruiter was very efficient and made my interview process very fast and smooth. He replied to emails very fast and always kept me updated. The phone interviews were not too hard. Only one case study question was a little tricky. I was asked to estimate annual car sales. The on site interview was a little difficult. The managers I talked to asked some very good questions and picked my brain quite a bit. The interview with the head of the department was the most difficult. Definitely need to think very critically to answer the questions well. I really appreciate that it was a very organized and efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Describe what Neustar does. What kind of factors might affect the model?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Neustar (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR and then direct on-site interview. Met with the Director and was asked basic questions, What is closure? Also, questions related to jquery,Ajax..

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty starigtforward and did not take any ugly turn..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Neustar in January 2013.

Interview

Had not heard of Neustar until the HR recruiter called and introduced himself. Initially I was not interested but after the conversation I was intrigued and gave permission to send my resume on for review. I interviewed within that week and felt I was well informed walking in. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, was a mix of the general getting to know you and technical interview with some code samples. Felt I did well but got the sense they were looking for someone a bit more senior and that they just started the hiring process. Recruiter followed up regularly over the next few weeks and was up font in telling me they were continuing to interview and that he would keep me in mind for any other opportunities that may open up. Not sure if the position has been filled yet or not. I still remain interested and would certainly consider interviewing at Neustar again.

Interview Questions

• A few questions around big data technologies that I have not had the opportunity to work with at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neustar (Fairport, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I met individually with the Team Lead, the manager, a developer on another team and a developer on the team for which I was applying.
    The team lead asked me a couple softball object oriented quiz questions and then some moderate "how would you accomplish x scenarios" and a couple provide some high-level design for these tasks. We then talked about my previous experience and the responsibilities of the position that I was applying to for a bit.
    The manager asked me questions about my previous experience in an agile environment and we discussed in what environments I work best and why. More questions along that vein.
    The developer on the other team asked me more detailed questions on my previous experience.
    The developer on the team to which I was applying asked me the occasional database question or question about my education among a large amount of casual conversation about various technologies used in this field.

I was extremely impressed by the speed to which the interview process was started and completed and the speed at which I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide the classes you would create for a generic card game.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

After a brief introduction with the hiring manager, I was asked to come in for a half day of interviews with five people on the engineering team. After two weeks, I received notice that I would not be ing moving forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly technical questions around data structures, e.g., hash tables.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview and 1 round of onsite interview. First with the recruiter, second with an employee within the same team as what I applied for. The onsite interview consists of four 30 mins talks.

Sr. Manager, Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was fast as incumbent was offered another position within the company. I was referred by someone I knew at my current firm to the external recruiter who was hired to fill the position. I was screened(over the phone) by the recruiter for match, salary, interest etc. This was followed up by Phone interview with hiring manager. When he was convinced about the interest and match, I was called in for a full day of 1:1 interviews. I think I met with 7 people 1:1 including incumbent, hiring manager and HR Manager for the group. Most of the interviews were about my resume, interests and reason's for looking for a new opportunity. HR person wanted me to give clear indication of my salary requirements. I was told from start that the move will be lateral and I was fine with that. It was a comfortable setting overall and everyone was frank about good and not so good about the job. I was provided feedback by recruiter the next day. Then I was told that the job has to be posted internally for a week before they can move forward. It was a bit of a surprise as no one was aware of this issue before, but it was handled well by the recruiter.

After the internal requirement was completed, I was asked to come and meet with SVP/Head of the Business Unit. That meeting was short and sweet. It was just a meeting to make me feel wanted. Everyone I met was nice and they made me feel comfortable. In terms of culture, I think it is a good place to work with motivated employees. Most employees I met mentioned that they work long hours (50+ hours a week), but they were noy complaining, so I think overall it is a good mix. The salary and benefits package is good and balanced.

Overall, the process was quick and I was treated well.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable in working with IT to improve sales reporting? Have you done something similar before?   Answer Question

I decided to stay at my current firm because I thought it is better to stick with the people who know me and trust me especially in this tough economic environment where one can be let go on LIFO basis. As it was a lateral move there was not much of an economic incentive to move and severance package at NeuStar was nonexistent for me to take risk in this environment.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Happens in 3 rounds, Two rounds of Telephonic with Senior managers and one round of onsite interview. My interest to join Neustar, My previous experience , Detailed technical screening, Technical questions on my background and skillset , Process get harder towards end of the interview. Final on site interview will be made mandatory by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• My interest to join Neustar   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Louisville, KY) in July 2013.

Interview

Long application process, several interviews, have seen people hired before passing background check only to be fired, interview was with lateral managers no senior management. Interview with HER and background checks came after employment offer was made.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to neutrality?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter regarding the position and went through two phone screens, an on-site visit with 5 team members followed by another phone interview. I felt great throughout the process and my recruiter was fantastic to work with by providing me timely updates during every step. Unfortunately, the role requirements changed as the company was looking to change the primary location of the role and the key responsibilities. I feel that this should have been clear upfront on work location and for the company to spend the time on what they expect a prospect to handle with the role responsibilities and not waste their time until the very end and change everything. This may be a blessing based on the past reviews of the company's uncertainty and management changes and the sudden behavior change at the end of the interview process.