Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

Alternative Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Was contacted in July for an interview, interviewed in early August and again in late September. Process took way too long for them to respond with an answer. I found out on their website, they never contacted me about a denial. Not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important skill is for this position   Answer Question

GFS Custody Interview

Interview

Phone call, with a lot centered on resume and related experience. Then second round was once again a phone call. The first was HR and the 2nd was with your potential manager

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Iowa City, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got invited to an on campus interview after an employee referral and visiting the job fair at my university, and the interview was only 30 minutes with mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to solve a problem creatively.   Answer Question

Bank Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then had a brief phone interview. That interview is typical questions. Next had a panel interview at one of their offices. Some behavior questions "tell me about a time you went above and beyond" "where do you see yourself in five years." They also asked what an alternative investment is and know the job description by heart. Also, it helps to watch their short videos on YouTube about the bank.

Interview Questions

• What is an alternative investment   1 Answer

Analyst, Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

A month after I replied I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter from Arizona. Standard phone interview was conducted and set up an in person interview about 3 days later in the Chicago office. The in person interview was conducted by two managers in the Financial Reporting department. Both managers asked questions back and forth. Interview lasted about 40 mins. After my interview sent thank you emails to both managers. Stay on top of recruiters if you want any type of feedback whether that be a job offer or not because they will not contact if you did not get the job unless you are a bug about it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background, work experience, 5 year goal, why Northern Trust, why financial reporting, etc. The last question was why should they pick you over another candidate   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone screen it took him a few days to finally confirm an in person. The interview lasted about an hour.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

All technical round except one(that is Manager Round). Technical panel was good. White board,white paper interview process.Manager round includes explaining about projects that you have worked upon. a written test for Logical,Technical and basics included.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview a few days after I applied. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me to come in for an in-person interview at their corporate HQ. The interview was only about 15 minutes and a week later they got back to me with an offer. The process was very quick relative to other interviews I've gone through with other companies.

Interview Questions

• They described the role and then asked me how my prior experience would make me a good fit in the job.
      *Each analyst position has a different focus so it depends on the position you apply for.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2017.

Interview

It was the first round and while the interview went well it came down to visa. but overall it was a good experience. the position was for a consultant and i was referred by an employee

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

The process was about 2 weeks. First round was a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter asked about my background, my skills and my career goal. The second round was with the section managers. Questions were asked such as 'How do you consider yourself a good fit', ' Where do you see yourself in a few years', 'Name a time....', etc. No difficult questions had been asked. The interview was about 20mins.