Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2017.

Interview

It was the first round and while the interview went well it came down to visa. but overall it was a good experience. the position was for a consultant and i was referred by an employee

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

The process was about 2 weeks. First round was a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter asked about my background, my skills and my career goal. The second round was with the section managers. Questions were asked such as 'How do you consider yourself a good fit', ' Where do you see yourself in a few years', 'Name a time....', etc. No difficult questions had been asked. The interview was about 20mins.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application and within 4 days was contacted by a recruiter working with the company. The recruiter preformed a standard phone interview that lasted 15 min, asking background questions and and why I applied for that particular role, set up in person interview immediately. The process was painless and they were well prepared

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose that particular role   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening with an HR rep from Arizona, went on after that to have an in person interview with 2 people within the department. Everyone from HR to the in person interviewers were exceptionally nice and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength, area of improvements, what makes you stand out from other candidates, Why Northern Trust, Why this role   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly atmosphere. Go in for a formal interview, if you move on you do an additional phone interview. Process takes about 3-4 weeks. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The interview was more a discussion on the role and if hired the training that would follow

Interview Questions

• General Banking and Financial questions
      Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After 2 weeks I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview only took around 10 mins. Some basic background check and ask the salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Team Lead, Financial Reporting (Officer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR within 5 days. I had a referral. I interviewed from NYC for a position in Chicago. I had a quick phone screen to go over the basics of the job and a very high-level overview of my experience. Next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager and the VP of the team. The phone interview was 45 minutes, and by the end they basically told me they were going to make an offer. Mostly soft skills and scenario questions instead of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you find most rewarding about managing people?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

I applied online. There was a brief phone screening with a recruiter then an in person interview with the hiring manager and a member of the team. They offered me the position a day after my interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a Skype interview with the intern recruiter. The second interview was a phone interview with the managers of the teams I would be working with. The first interview was behavioral while the second one was a little bit more technical.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you received criticism and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied through my university and got an interview within the week. The interview itself was one on one and very casual. The interview was about 30 min.