Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.0

Server Interview

Interview

very simple and easy interview process. they ask basic questions and want to get to know you. no trick questions just simple and easy. everyone is so nice. nothing to stress about

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous experience with customer service?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple. Filled out online app and received email to call for an interview within 24hrs of applying. Set up interview, was asked to do a 2nd interview with a different manager (they require all applicants to interview 2 times) completed 2nd interview ND offered a job on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate accepted offer of 9.50 an hour for day shifts 30 hrs per week

Host Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Took a week. Applied online..got a call back a couple days later for an interview. Interview was very easy, was only asked about my past work history and then they showed me around the restaurant and got hired that day.

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Sat down at a table in the restaurant and was asked questions by a member of the management staff. It was relaxed and the manager was very nice. Would recommend applying.

Interview Questions

• Have you been a server at a restaurant before?   1 Answer
    • How long were you employed at as a server at that restaurant?   1 Answer
    • How many people did your restaurant serve a day?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole process was pretty easy. I went in to speak with a manager, took a personality test, and took a tour with one of the servers. Questions were focused around why do you want to be a server and what makes you think you would be a good one.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Wichita, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

It was the most horrible interview I have ever had in my life. All this guy did was ask me things about my personal life that no one has the right to know. I ended up just walking out of place because he wouldn't stop. He didn't ask me one single question about the job or anything like that. I honestly got a racist vibe from him.

Interview Questions

• Personal life questions that no one should ask during an interview.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Woodbury, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with 2 different managers. They were both very nice. The second one decided that I wasn't the right fit because of my availability, but he was very polite and nice about it. I felt pretty comfortable, but he did scare me when he told me that his Olive Garden was one of the busiest olive gardens. They definitely don't want to hire anybody that are not ready for the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

It was two steps very basic interview with two different managers. Right now, as far as I know they have a different interview process. You have to apply online first and take a test and if you pass, only then you get the chance to get to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this job?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Basic interview questions as far as I remember. I had zero restaurant experience at the time, but my attitude was chipper and I confidently told them I knew I would be a fantastic server. I was hired on the spot!

Busser Interview

Interview

Very easy. Could have done it in my sleep. Employers were a joke. It was about acting out a front and showing your best foot. I wouldn't focus too much on a formal resume. Just show off good listening skills and be confident. You should be able to do this no sweat.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer