Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Fort Wayne, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

She basically told me that since I have another job I would not be offered employment at Olive Garden. It was over from the beginning and she kept telling me about the company even after telling me I wouldn't be offered due to have another job already. DONT APPLY TO OLIVE GARDEN IF YOU WANT TO WORK TWO JOBS!

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Wichita, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Got an email the day after applying telling me to call the store and schedule an interview. Called the next afternoon and talked to the Host/Hostess supervisor, who scheduled an interview for a day or two after. Sat down in the back between the lunch and dinner rushes. It seemed really casual and she was very friendly and the whole thing took about 15 - 20 minutes. I probably would have met with the GM that afternoon had she not been on vacation, so the supervisor scheduled a meeting with her a few days after that. Met with the GM and it was also pretty casual. Didn't take long, seemed a little like getting the formalities out of the way and getting a feel for my personality. We talked about customer service and quickly reviewed what the position was like. After about 20 minutes, she offered me the position by inviting me to orientation a few days later. Really quick and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were me; what would you be looking for that would set a candidate apart?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Basic interview questions, previous work experience. The hiring process is extremely quick and easy. Server experience is not a requirement for the job. Although the training is five days long about 6-7 hours

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waycross, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Waycross, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty decent and average interview. Simple and easy questions. Maybe one or two personal questions. The interview didn't last more than eight to ten minutes. I was the only person I saw getting interviewed that day so things went smooth.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Showed up and asked for a job. Was immediately sat down by the Service Manager for an interview. The interview itself was pretty standard stuff for the restaurant industry. I passed with flying colors with absolutely no preparation.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a situation where a guest was unhappy.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Interview

Waited a few minutes, got greeted by manager. He asked me about myself and what experience I have and within 10 minutes he was asking for my availability and when I could start. Easy and quick interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Columbus, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied around the middle of January 2017. I heard back on the 10th of March. The reason it took so long, was because the manager was in another state for business. I had an interview with one of the managers the day that I got the email asking for an interview. My interview was broken up into two days because the general manager was in a meeting at the time I came. The first interview with tone Manager was great. He was very informative and laid back. Told me what he expected and what he was looking for in an employee. He asked me to sell him a bottle of pepper. The second day when the general manager was free, we sat down and she asked a few questions, specifically my availability, strengths,weaknesses and such. I actually didn't end up getting the position I wanted. I applied to be a server but the GM insisted for me to start as a hostess because of my avaliablitiy right now.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 adjectives you can use to describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Spartanburg, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

I have only had one interview but it was short quick and simple.There was a miscommunication over the phone as to what time the interview was so be sure to hear them clearly. Also do not ask for hours lower than 15 hours. That was my mistake. I asked for 10.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Orem, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

It went well. They asked me questions about my employment history and what I was looking for in terms of employment and the salary that I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking employment   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

very simple and easy interview process. they ask basic questions and want to get to know you. no trick questions just simple and easy. everyone is so nice. nothing to stress about

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous experience with customer service?   Answer Question