Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.0

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Quick and fun, the mangers were kind friendly and upbeat, the process was quick and the store was small so the walk through was quick aswell. Manger aswell as staff were very friendly felt right at home

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Bedford, NH) in January 2018.

Interview

i applied online and got an email the next day telling me to call to set up an interview. i called that day and it seemed like the manager didn’t even look at my application. i had only worked one retail job for two years and she didn’t seem impressed, saying “that’s it?”. i was able to set up an interview for the next day, where i had told her i would be comfortable working as a server or a hostess. i already have great customer service down, so it would just be a little more training. she was kinda rude the whole interview, but set up an interview with a different manager a few days from then. i went for my second interview and talked to a completely different manager than the first day or the one i was supposed to talk to. He was very nice and told me they have a great training system so i would do fine. he said i’m clearly good with the customers so i would be a good fit. He had to talk to someone about scheduling training sessions but he would call me the next day to see what my schedule was. it was the weekend and i never got a call. i figured they were busy so i decided i would call them. i was waiting to get out of school to call them, but then i got the typical email saying they couldn’t offer me a job. i was applying to olive garden as a second job, so i didn’t really need it. however i feel like they definitely wasted my time, when i could have been looking for another job, maybe one where they’re actually honest with you. frustrating that i was told i could be trained and all of a sudden it’s a no go. i feel like there should be more communication.

Interview Questions

• open availability on weekends?   1 Answer
    • have you served before? what work experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • the guy asked me to explain a customer experience situation where i dealt with a rude customer   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Williamsport, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

One of the managers took me to the family section, we sat at a table, asked some questions, had me mark my available hours, it was very easy. Nothing at all to be nervous about, dress up for the interview, don't come in casual clothing.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Florence, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later, the manager scheduled an interview for me the following day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Florence, Alabama) After the last question, she cut it short saying "we will keep our options open for now" which clearly meant I didn't get the job. The interviewer had no sense of humor, no smiling, it was all seriousness, she couldn't even write that good, I believe I should have interviewed with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Olive Garden?   1 Answer
    • When are you available?   Answer Question
    • What is something you have done at your previous job to demonstrate good teamwork?   Answer Question
    • What does great customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Warwick, RI) in December 2017.

Interview

Met with service manager for a brief interview, then about a week later met with general manager for an even more brief interview. Both managers were very nice and I was offered the job on the spot.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Midland, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I got interviewed three times and it was pretty simple if you are honest and do what's gotta be done and said. It was very professional than most restaurant chains I can say.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? (if you had a last job)   Answer Question

To Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

It was quick. It was around the holiday time so it was not that busy. It was a two interview process but the guy said he would get back in touch with me the following week for a second interview but never did.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Nashville, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

Apply online, take assessments ect. FaceTime Interview for the 1st, 1 hour. Was told at the end of my interview that I would hear something in a few days. Waited 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to this position?
      Give me examples of how you created a team culture.   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Interview

I applied online at the Olive Garden Website and within a few hours I received an email asking to schedule an interview, the interview was with the General Manager the next day and he told me to come back the next day and interview with the district manager. I got hired pretty much on the spot.

Server Interview

Interview

Transferred from another Olive Garden to this one and the interview process was more of a formal introduction then an actual interview but was still horrible. Waited almost an hour for the general manager to come talk to me, and barely got an, "I'm sorry". An interview that should've lasted all of 15-20 mins max lasted an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work on the weekends, specifically Sunday?   Answer Question