Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Special Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Interview was great. General manager was Very plight. Front of House service managers was good.
      Restaurant is really good. Server service overall it was good. Kitchen manager showed me kitchen back of the house.
    How Employee Apply on 5 Storage level and hazardous critical control point sheet as well. also told me about fish Cooked 150 temperature, Chicken 165 temperature. Flame must be medium-high Soup well 165 to 175 temperature. When traying up food must be at Pivot Point. Ex..

Certified Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Sierra Vista, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

You will get interviewed by a manager who Is in charge of the section, then you will be interviewed by the store manager, only after you have taken the online test and if you have been selected for an interview. You then are asked several questions and then it is decided if you will or will not be hired.

Interview Questions

• There is really none that are difficult if you have been a server before you will have no problems in answering the questions. It is not difficult to get in and in the training you are not required to do your training test as a closed book test, AT least it was that was from previous manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Eugene, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Three interviews with two floor managers and the GM. Once I had gone through all of the managers, they went alone and talked for a bit. Then the first manager I met with came back and said they all agreed that I would be a great fit with the organization. They did check my references before I signed any paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stressful situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked me about my previous experience. How i feel about serving customers, how well i do under pressure. Applied as a host but ended up accepting the job as a server; Manager seems alright, but after working for a while, management is horrible. but at least the money is good.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service means to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Miami, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Altogether the process took about a month. They do not drug test.

They called about 2 week after I applied. First I met with 1 of the assistant manager. He asked typical interview questions. ( What does customer service mean to you, what can you add to our team?) Two days after I met with the general manager, he asked a few questions about me, told me about the uniform and offered me the job. Two weeks later I started the paid training.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation when it came to salary

Olive Garden Host Interview

Interview

Applied online. A week later they sent me an email asking to schedule an appointment. The first interview was with the general manager. They asked simple behavioral questions. The second interview a week later was with the hiring manager. He asked more behavioral questions. Gave me the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer and how did you go about it? How well do you work in a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert Country, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Palm Desert Country, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

When I applied for this position Friday, It took them the weekend and I received an email Monday to call and schedule a time to be interviewed. I set up an appointment the very next day to show them I was interested in the job. I interviewed with the GM and she was very cool and upbeat. She asked me why I wanted to be a host and I answered in detail with complete explanation. She went through the rest of my application and made me an offer that I accepted. I am ecstatic to be apart of this company!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why are you applying for _____ position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I walked in and they had me sit down in the waiting area. Different employees would come talk to me and then talk in their earpiece about what I said. Then the manager came and had me follow him to a table and that's where the interview took place He asked me a mixture of question. The questions varied from how I would handle certain situations to what drives me to want to succeed.

Interview Questions

• what one time where you had a confrontation and how did you handle it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Houston, TX).

Interview

Not a headache at all, looked forward to getting the job. First time serving so o wa sa bit nervous but after meeting management I felt that the team was strong and they'd really help me get the ropes to a new resturant.

Interview Questions

• If you're able to stay motivated to do a good job even while it's busy.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Miami, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

It took place over 10 days and 3 interviews. The initial interview with the FOH manager, the second with the Finance manager, and the last with the general manager. The interview's were all basic question about your experience and resume. There were also situational question to test your personality and work experience.