Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2016

2.0

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Aurora, CO).

Interview

I applied online and about a month later received a call for an interview. Almost forgot that I applied there so I was a little unprepared for the interview to be honest. Came in the next day and met with the general manager and he asked me basic questions.

Server/Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Applied to two locations and was contacted by email for interviews at both locations within two weeks. Email insteucted me to call the location and ask to speak to a manager (I was on hold for 10-15 minutes.) Once in contact with the manager we negotiated interview times and they were very flexible and accommodating. I interviewed for the first time within that week which took about 10 minutes and a second time with a different manager the next week which took about 5 minutes. I was then hired on spot and given an orientation date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Chatsworth, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Process took about a week which was very quick. I applied online and they emailed me 2 days later to call their restaurant to set up an interview. My interview was set up for two days later. The interview itself was really easy and they made me feel very comfortable. My first interview was with the training and hiring manager. My second with the general. Both interviews were very smooth, we shared laughs, and overall a great experience. During my second interview, he kind of gave me a vibe that I was going to be hired, but he said he would let me know they following week. I ended up receiving an email an hour later saying I got the job.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

very quick interview. went over the basic questions (after about a 30 minute wait). pretty much got the job on the spot. nice manager, we even made small talk throughout the interview. i left the interview pretty confident about getting the job

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centereach, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Centereach, NY).

Interview

I applied online in a lengthy process and then got a call to come in and meet and interview with a manager. It was pretty laid back although I did dress professionally. The meeting was with a regular manager, not the general manager, although if I remember correctly I did get a chance to meet the general manager later on that day before I left.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with dissatisfied customers and explain how you handled it/how you would handle it in the future.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied and a week later I get an email about calling to set up an interview. There were two interviews. First I met with the floor manager and a day later I met with the general manager. The interviews didn't go as smoothly because they were during the holiday break so of course it was busy but they were very kind and apologetic. Interview questions were pretty basic a simple google search can help you prepare for interview questions. They didn't ask too many server interview questions but they definitely wanted servers that cared about building relationships with customers to bring back the "family" aspect of OG. Personally, I think there could have just been one interview. They asked some of the same questions so I gave the same answers. After you get the job, be prepared for at least a week of training (classroom and "following") and assessments on the menu.

To-Go Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I was emailed and asked to call. I called I wasn't available that day so I set up an interview for two days later with the assistant manager. It was about 5-10 minutes but it went well and she told me to come back the next day. I was then interviewed by her manager and that was 5-10 minutes also. Pretty easy. As long as you show how enthusiastic and positive you are throughout the interview they'll be interested.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your previous job   1 Answer
    • If you were me what would you look for in hiring someone   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewer number 1 was very professional, yet warm and family oriented. We covered what was expected of me and what was being offered. Interviewer number 2 was equally welcoming and escorted me throughout the workplace environment. Upon reuniting with interviewer number 1, the offer was extended and having accepted the offer, I was welcomed into the family.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Olive Garden?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be yourself. Be confident. Be upfront and honest and don't withhold any information even when not asked.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Waco, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. I had two interviews: one with the hiring manager and one with the general manager. Management seems very cool so far, and they really seem to care about you.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Salem, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

At first, for 2 weeks, they were unable to locate my online application and told me that my confirmation number was useless. Eventually they found it. I was told by an employee that I had scored very high on the personality text and that the hiring manager was going to set up an interview. I never received a call and was told to call and ask for one. The interview was very rushed, about 6-10 minutes. He asked me to tell him about myself and then asked what my favorite food item to Olive Garden was. I told him. He then asked me to "sell" it to him. Though I understand the concept of doing that, I felt ill prepared and as it was a specialty item that they rarely served, so I could not even remember ingredients. He informed me that that was a dish he did not like. That made it even more difficult. In the end I almost cried and left. I have not heard back. No surprise there.

Interview Questions

• What happened at (previous job)?   1 Answer