Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.0

Server Interview

Interview

The interview process took a while, it was almost a month before they called and then you have to interview with a minimum of two managers and a staff guided tour that the fellow server writes a review about you and your personality so ask questions to them!

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day telling me to call the restaurant and schedule an interview. I called to schedule, and the manager told me that my first interview would actually be right then on the phone. I was completely unprepared and sounded SO STUPID. I would do your research and at least be completely ready before calling just in case they decide to do the first interview over the phone.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Temple, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

the manager was very nice. Got there early and got out early. I didn’t have any experience and there were a lot of other people being interviewed for the job so i think that’s why i got turned down.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Snellville, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Ask me questions on why Dishwasher is important and that's basically. The other questions where about my previous job. The interview lasted 2 minutes and I was told to that I was going to get a call from their "chef". This was my 2nd time going in for an interview and both times they were unprofessional and didnt give me an update for the job. I will never eat at this place or even talk about this place after the experience I had with them twice. Don't waste your time trying to be a Dishwasher here because they will waste your time. I call them almost every day since my interview to get an update since no one called me after 3 days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think the Dishwasher position is the most important position in the restaurant ?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Online app, complete personality test for qualification, of you're what they need a manager will interview. Fairly quick process at times. I worked there for seven years and they would go through drought periods or flooding periods of hiring.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about teamwork   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Christiansburg, VA).

Interview

Short interview, mainly asked about previous experience in the restaurant industry. We also had to do a one-week training course where you learn the menu, learn about the restaurant, etc. You have to pass that course in order to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a disagreement with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2018.

Interview

I went in for an interview at 4:00, and I was there early. At 4:30 they still didn’t know where the managers were. At 4:45, a supervisor came out and said she wasn’t my interviewer but she asked me three questions before she left to check on the managers who would interview me. At 5:00, she came back and said they wanted to invite me back for a second interview and they would consider this the first. I never got a call, but got an email saying I was declined. I did not have an actual interview.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Austin, TX).

Interview

I apply for the position online, and about one week later received an email for the interview. However, I went there on time, but the manager didn't show up. 20 mins later, another manager came to me and brought me to a table, and said, "wait for me a second. " However, I have waited for him about one hour. He just kind of ignore me, walking around in the restaurants, takes care his customers, give paycheck for his employees, have lunch during his break. Finally, he talks to me said he only need a person who can work for his restaurant on Sunday morning about 2-3 hours, and the rate is $8.25.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on Sunday morning   1 Answer

To Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Columbus, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was disappointing and stressful. I missed their initial call and they sent an email stating they wanted to meet me. I returned the call, spoke to the general manager and she didn't even schedule an interview, she said the woman over the "to go" would and she'll call. I waited a couple days with no call and finally called myself and spoke to another manager and he finally scheduled me an interview with the manager over the "to go". I went to the first interview, the woman that was supposed to interview me didn't even interview me and I was interviewed a hour late by some other person. They called me for orientation a couple days later for a Saturday, I showed up and turns out they lied to me and it was supposedly "a miscommunication" and turns out it was another interview. So I was upset and blindsided and felt the interview didn't go as smooth as I wanted it to due to how I was feeling. The general manager interviewed me and said the person over To Go would review my references and then make a decision. I was denied over the email on Monday. So I called them after the rejection to ask the status of everything and the general manager tells me they are still reviewing applicants and i'll hear back whenever. I knew I was rejected but she didn't bother to look at my candidate file or whatever to tell me I was rejected, but instead gave me the generic answer they give to all other applicants.I don't even think they called my reference and I felt that I was screwed over. Time was definitely wasted. The whole process took twenty days.

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Spring, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

2 interviews, one with the manager and the other with the general manager. Questions that they asked are mostly the same. Manager and GM are both really nice, the whole process of interview went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest difficulties you've ever faced in your life   Answer Question