OpenGov Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenGov Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenGov

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov in October 2016.

Interview

First Skyped with a recruiter and we spoke about my experience and the nature of OpenGov and their stack/what they were looking for. She actually gave me credentials to log in to a demo implementation of their product to play with. I then had a technical phone/coding interview with a developer, who asked fairly normal moderate/easy coding questions

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Spoke to the director of engineering about the company mission, job position, tech stack and some technical questions.

I was invited to an onsite interview which consisted of 3 technical interviews, 1 soft skills session and chat with an HR representative. The entire onsite interview lasted about 4 hours. The technical questions mainly pertained to algorithm/coding and database modeling. I had to use either a laptop or a whiteboard depending on the engineer. Problems started off small and then the interviewer added constraints to test different skills. All interviewers were very polite and they all seemed very talented. The interview process felt well organized and thorough, overall a very positive experience

After 2 days, Opengov got back to me with an offer and I accepted!!

Interview Questions

• Find the pair of numbers in an array that sum to a given value   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenGov in November 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to talk to a VP of engineering, but instead spoke with an engineer and was given a coding question with no warning. The question was simple but this last second switch left me totally unprepared for the type of questions I had wanted to ask and was prepared to answer.

Interview Questions

• Simple coding exercise to switch the order of letters in a string   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenGov (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Out of all the companies I interviewed with, OpenGov left me feeling the most driven. There's something truly energizing about being around a mission driven culture.

The interview process was similar in form to others I've been to—tech interviews, behavior, and fit. But the people make it stand out. The people here aren't just working a job, they're truly motivated and invested in what they do, and that energy bleeds into everything else.

Interview Questions

• Similar questions to what you would see in Cracking the Coding Interview, but be prepared to dive deeper or expand abstractly and show you know what you're talking about.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

The company prides itself on communication, and this was evident throughout the recruiting process. Continuous feedback was provided by the recruiting team and there was never a moment were I did not know where I stood and what the next steps were.

Interview Questions

• What would be your 30, 60, 90 days approach if we were to hire you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Efficient and professional. Focused on skills, experience, and who you were as a person. Communication was excellent throughout the process with both recruiters and interviewers providing continuous feedback and transparency.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a process for a specific circumstance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

It was multiple step interview with that started with talent and completed with president. The interview process was speedy and transparent. Once the offer was sent, there were no surprises as the most of the variables were addressed during meetings.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

Well executed process. Recruiter and hiring managers were very accommodating with scheduling. They were willing to move fast and continually provided insight and kept the experience engaging. Overall, one of the best candidate experiences from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Questions were cultural, professional, & company segment driven. Three rounds of in-person/video and one presentation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenGov (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by an internal recruiter with a few days, great interview and was moving on to next step which was an interview with the regional director.
    It seemed from the start the call with the RD was not going to have a good outcome. During our conversation, the RD made a suggestion that I should apply to other companies based on my background. The RD was very unprofessional and seemed to be going through the motions throughout the entire interview.
    Quickly realized that this was an organization I would not enjoy working for based on the interview with the RD.

Interview Questions

• So you'll come work for me and within a year and a half, you'll leave right?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and included both phone calls, and in-person interviews. The great thing about the process was I had one point of contact that was a true champion for me and was able to answer any question I had about the process. It was also very refreshing that everyone that I interviewed with, from HR, peer Account Executives, VP's of Sales and Customer Success, the CRO, and the CEO, all had the exact same messaging so I felt very comfortable with what I was getting myself into. All in all, it was a GREAT experience!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at a start-up before?   1 Answer