OpenGov Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenGov Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenGov

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov in October 2016.

Interview

First Skyped with a recruiter and we spoke about my experience and the nature of OpenGov and their stack/what they were looking for. She actually gave me credentials to log in to a demo implementation of their product to play with. I then had a technical phone/coding interview with a developer, who asked fairly normal moderate/easy coding questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OpenGov

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Spoke to the director of engineering about the company mission, job position, tech stack and some technical questions.

I was invited to an onsite interview which consisted of 3 technical interviews, 1 soft skills session and chat with an HR representative. The entire onsite interview lasted about 4 hours. The technical questions mainly pertained to algorithm/coding and database modeling. I had to use either a laptop or a whiteboard depending on the engineer. Problems started off small and then the interviewer added constraints to test different skills. All interviewers were very polite and they all seemed very talented. The interview process felt well organized and thorough, overall a very positive experience

After 2 days, Opengov got back to me with an offer and I accepted!!

Interview Questions

• Find the pair of numbers in an array that sum to a given value   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenGov in November 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to talk to a VP of engineering, but instead spoke with an engineer and was given a coding question with no warning. The question was simple but this last second switch left me totally unprepared for the type of questions I had wanted to ask and was prepared to answer.

Interview Questions

• Simple coding exercise to switch the order of letters in a string   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenGov (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Out of all the companies I interviewed with, OpenGov left me feeling the most driven. There's something truly energizing about being around a mission driven culture.

The interview process was similar in form to others I've been to—tech interviews, behavior, and fit. But the people make it stand out. The people here aren't just working a job, they're truly motivated and invested in what they do, and that energy bleeds into everything else.

Interview Questions

• Similar questions to what you would see in Cracking the Coding Interview, but be prepared to dive deeper or expand abstractly and show you know what you're talking about.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenGov.

Interview

The application and interview process at OpenGov was very straightforward; Anna + Zach on their talent team helped guide me through the process seamlessly! Initial contact was through OpenGov's talent recruitment. After a few discussions about the opportunity and my career goals, a telephone screening was scheduled with the hiring manager as well as a technical resource to perform cursory vetting of my skillset. Further discussions were fantastic; the hiring manager was extremely engaged and passionate about the mission of OpenGov. The technical lead was also extremely knowledgeable, passionate and a pleasure to interview with. This was followed up with a full day of technical panel interviews which also had similar outcomes - each individual I had the benefit of interviewing with was super excited about the OpenGov mission and the technologies they were working with (a good sign re: the tech stack!). In addition, questions about the technical environment as well as the team were thoroughly and honestly vetted. Even after a bit under 7 hours of interviews straight through (including lunch), I still felt energized and invigorated - looking at my watch, I was pleasantly surprised that it had actually been a full day. Needless to say, green flags all the way.

TL;DR - offer accepted - one of the most positive interview experiences I can recall to date!

Thank you again Anna, Zach and the entire Talent Team @ OpenGov for making this experience stellar!

Interview Questions

• Subject to NDA; cannot state questions asked   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screening, a technical screening that lasted an hour and an onsite with about 6 six people that lasted roughly 4 hours. I was really impressed with the Talent team from the get go - they were 10x more organized and thoughtful than most companies I've seen. They gave me readings and videos to watch and were extremely helpful in defining each step of the interview process and what people were looking for. This gave me the impression that OpenGov is a very well organized and passionate company.