Origami Risk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Origami Risk Interview Questions

Interviews at Origami Risk

2.8

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Origami Risk in June 2018.

Interview

Before meeting me or talking to me over the phone I was asked to perform an "aptitude" test. To be completely candid, I was a bit shocked at the request because I have over 15 years of experience as a DBA but I completed the test nonetheless. I didn't score well enough to advance to the "actually speaking to a person" phase which was, frankly, degrading. In 2018 it's unsettling that companies are still relying upon psychometric testing to assess candidates, and in this case it was a bit like being told I was not intelligent enough to interview. In retrospect I'm glad because the rigidity portends a bad work environment.

Interview Questions

• There were 4 questions in all, each ranging between 15-20 minutes apiece in this Walden Aptitude Test. The only one I had any trouble with required the candidate to guess at how to provide substantiating details to the answer. Additionally, this web-based "test" was poorly formatted and I found it hard to concentrate ob actually answering the questions. The test designer clearly had no experience in UI/UX design.....   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Origami Risk (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

In person on campus interview following career fair, two guys interviewed me and I thought I did a good job but I ended up getting a rejection email two days later

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral questions, one that was interesting was "what question would you not want to be asked?" Also, asked out of the box questions about random things so be prepared to answer why gravity exists or other strange questions   Answer Question

IT Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Origami Risk.

Interview

The hiring process went very smoothly. HR and the hiring manager were responsive and helpful letting me know what to expect throughout the process. They always responded within the

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Origami Risk (Athens, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying, I had a quick phone screening. Two days after that, I was interviewed in a room of two employees, and then in another room with two more employees. Both lasted about 15-20 minutes each and were really casual and relaxed which made me feel comfortable... unlike They quizzed me on my resume and asked mostly behavioral questions. We actually spent more time getting to know each other as opposed to some big corporate interviews which are formal and more awkward. They were more concerned with getting a gauge of my personality and if I'd fit into the company culture. The last step was taking an online aptitude test. I got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage having several tasks to do at one time?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Origami Risk in January 2016.

Interview

Obtained the interview from our school's job board website. You can just sign up for an interview without having to be granted one, but they changed my interviewing times several time. Very standard behavioral as they just want to know you better and whether you would fit into their team. Notice they mostly hire experienced staff from the risk management industry, so the majority of their employees are older middle-aged employees. The first interviewer was very friendly, asked about your experiences and such. Then you are moved to another room immediately to be interviewed with another 2 interviewers. Now these 2 interviewers seem that they don't deal with people on a regular basis, very awkward and asked pretty much the same questions as they make some inside jokes with each other. They admit that they only want people who will fit in with them, as they are a smaller firm. Definitely not looking for the most qualifying candidates as I have offer from a way more prestigious firm, yet I did not get an offer from them.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Origami Risk (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on and off with the company for over a year and a half. The first time around, we had a phone screening with HR, several phone interviews with other colleagues, then an intelligence/personality test, and then in-person interviews with 3-4 more colleagues. A decision was not made in time while I had two other offers on the table. I then was invited to interview in-person with 2-3 more colleagues a year later but was told they weren't hiring. 6 months later, I followed up out of curiosity and was invited to a phone interview with management and was advised that HR would follow up as they were now hiring. He emailed me immediately and wrote that I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Origami Risk.

Interview

An initial HR phone screening interview was followed by a request to take an online assessment measuring spreadsheet and database knowledge. Afterwards, on-site and telephone interviews with multiple employees, 30 minutes each. No formal feedback was received from HR which was very unprofessional in my opinion since they ask that you take several hours out of your schedule for testing and interviewing.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Origami Risk in January 2018.

Interview

This could be one of the least professional and unorganized interview processes I have ever witnessed. The recruiter rescheduled 3 times, no showed twice, then was 10 minutes late when we finally did connect. I had to continually reach out to try and get a response as to what time and what day we were meeting since the recruiter constantly was missing the appointments and would go dark with no response for weeks at a time afterwards. When we finally did meet, the recruiter was clearly distracted, wasn't paying attention, and really had no clue what the requirements of the position were or how to effectively recruit for it. The recruiter alone was enough for me to realize that this company is NOT a place I wish to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had SaaS experience with external customers 3 times.   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online, a contract recruiter asked me for an interview. WORST INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE EVER! On our first call she was 22 minutes late. When she finally called she asked if we could reschedule...fine. We reschedule our call and was so impersonal and unprofessional. She starts off by interrogating me for 28 minutes asking me the most bizarre questions like how would i rate my sales team on a scale of 1-10. Odd question but ok. The whole time as she's firing off these questions, its non stop typing in my ear. She left 2 minutes for questions and then says that there isn't a need in my area. My only regret is that I let her grill me for that long. Lesson learned!

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Origami Risk (Chicago, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

Multiple remote interviews. Knowledgeable, engaged interviewers. Questions related to job, very few personal questions. Casual attire for interview. Nice facilities and office space. Slow to return with results of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work history   1 Answer