Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2018

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First HR pre screening and panel interview, finally interview with hiring manager. Internal reference was helpful. I received quick feedback on the interview steps. Interviewers were very welcoming and friendly. It's important to talk about PG&E values such as safety, reliability, affordability and green.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengts and nonstrenghts   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Digital interview. 30 seconds to look at question, 2 min max answering time. About 6 questions. Overall a fast and efficient process. There is a redo button, but best not to use that feature a lot since the employer can probably see how many times you redo.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PG&E, something about enforcing safety in your life, how did you make a project better   Answer Question

Management Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen initially and then two individual interviews with managers held back to back. This was followed by a panel interview of 3 managers. Mostly generic questions were asked and some examples were asked.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

I applied at a job fair on my college campus. I received an interview spot and had a behavioral interview with two recruiters. They asked mostly typical interview questions about yourself and your resume. Ir was roughly half an hour. The next step would have been another behavioral interview with a higher up.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

standard scripted interview questions- behavior questions. Why PG&E? How do you handle conflicts at work with upper management or colleagues? What do you see yourself in 5 years? Entire process from applying to getting offered took 2 months (phone interview, 2 in person interviews).

IT Architect Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

was first contacted for a phone interview , then invited for an in person interview where i was given a tour of the facility and described the day to day process and projects being worked on by the team.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

The interview process was very organized because it was centrally managed by a recruiter who was easy to reach and helpful. I had applied for another role simultaneously and she communicated with both teams to time the interviews appropriately and find the best fit for me. The interview with the hiring manager was very basic and straightforward. We primarily discussed my relevant prior roles.

Electric Settlements Associate Analyst (RPS/Bilateral) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening after which I was invited to an in-person interview panel with behavioral STAR questions and an Excel proficiency test. The entire interview process lasted about an hour and the panel members were extremely nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to ensure the completion of a project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an email for an online video recording interview. On the online site, you will be presented a pre-recorded question and you record yourself answering those questions right after. It was about 5 or so behavioral questions that you get about a minute to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you went above and beyond your responsibilities.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process is submitting answers to their questions via video. You have a set time to answer the given question (six in total). You can redo it as many times as you want but overall it is a little awkward doing the interview and I would have much preferred an in-person or a phone call interview. The overall experience could have been better by making the future candidates feel more comfortable.