Cover image for Pacific Gas and Electric

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 414 of over 414 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacific Gas and Electric

Featured Interview

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric

Interview

Great! I enjoyed everything. It was amazing. I liked it a lot. PG&E is amazing. Wow. Spectacular. The interview process was very interesting but long. They asked me technical and behavioral questions for around 1 hour. They made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite project you've worked on?
    Answer Question

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric

Interview

talked about infrastructure and ops. Wanted to know how I would build out an application and push it across multiple clients in a windows environment. Wanted to know if I understood server environment and client OS. I needed to talk through building a script.

Interview Questions
  • What is a variable. What is an array.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Portland, OR) in Oct 2022

Interview

The interview I experienced with PG&E was so bad that it was borderline cartoonish. To anyone else applying, I hope you get interviewed by anyone except the unhinged whackjob with whom I had the misfortune of being in communication. This recruiter had forgotten about our scheduled interview meeting not once but TWICE. When the interview finally did happen, she was ten minutes late, of course. During the interview, she let her child interrupt us repeatedly, which distracted both of us. She didn't tell me anything about PG&E as a company but just blankly read the job description exactly as it was listed. The call ended with her telling me that the next step would be a scheduled meeting with someone in the department I applied for. Great. I heard nothing for about a week until I got another email from this schmo. She sent me word-for-word the exact email she initially sent for this same position with her introduction (we already met), saying that she wants to go over my interest in the role and my experience (already did that), and timeframes that we can schedule. I was weary of the timeframes because they took place that very day and the next, but I still scheduled for the next day in the hopes that this was a follow-up for the next step. To no one's surprise, she forgot about our meeting again. I emailed her and basically stated how ridiculous this was getting and that I'd still like the reschedule despite everything. She responded at 11:30pm (seriously) and said that we could reschedule our meeting for the next day. Okay, I doubted it would actually happen, but fine. Surprisingly, she actually showed up for this meeting. She was even a little early, but instead of acknowledging me, she talked to someone else unmuted for five minutes until the scheduled time came. I think she may have forgotten that she ever interviewed me because she introduced herself again and wanted to go over the job description. I told her that we already went through all of that and this was supposed to be a follow-up. She got quiet for a good moment and then quickly fumbled to tell me that she was here to tell me about a different job. I told her that the email she sent me stated we would be going over the job I applied for and that I was only interested in (and prepared to interview for) that one. She fumbled again before telling me that this interview was just to tell me about some changes that happened to the job listing (there were no changes). At this point, I had it and just simply asked if I was moving on to the next step and meeting with a department lead. I think her disastrous improv attempt to appear even the slightest bit competent and the fact that she knows she has completely screwed up every step of this process led her to completely explode on the call. She began frantically telling me various details of her personal life and yelling about every excuse she had for sucking at her job. Honestly, I had been extremely patient with this weirdo, but having her yell at me through a computer made me lose any patience I had left. I plainly told her that I didn't care about her excuses and I just wanted to know if the department lead would contact me, and that's it. I really angered the beast with that statement, and she just spoke over me to continue her psychotic break. She was screaming about how she had already "profusiously" [sic] apologized for missing our meetings, not responding to emails, and wasting my time. She also began screaming about how she was sooo kind as to call me on her day off (it was a Friday), even though she was the one who scheduled the meeting? I could've met the next week, but she didn't even ask! Her confident misuse of the word profusely just made me laugh, as well as her crazed attempt at making me look like I was inconveniencing her. As I said in the beginning, this interview process was so strange that it was cartoonish, and all I could do was laugh now. After her final outburst, I just asked again if I would be getting in contact with the department lead (no chance now, honestly). She finally explained that a meeting would be scheduled once the department lead reviewed my file and approved the second interview. And with that, the call ended. I still don't know why this weird second meeting even had to take place, given the department lead determines the second round. I think she was so disorganized that she accidentally scheduled to interview me again and then tried to cover up her mistake by coming up with lies on the spot. I have had dozens of interviews in my life... and no previous interview has ever even come close to being this wild. I've had interviewers be late, act a little rude, and forget some things, but this lady takes the whole cake. I wish I could've worked with someone competent because I was genuinely interested in the role, but definitely not anymore. To the absolute weirdo of an interviewer: I can see that PG&E has mental health benefits. USE IT.

Interview Questions
  • How much do you want to get paid?

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric

Interview

Disorganized, unprofessional. Came in from another city to interview for a senior position but treated like a new graduate. Day of interviews and left on my own for lunch, no one knew where I was supposed to be. It was a total waste of my time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric

Interview

recruiter conducted phone interview went to headquarter for in person interview second interview by panel of peer and management, third interview by customer, stake holder. HR followed up with benefit and general questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric

Interview

Basic Skills Test which goes over math, grammar, context, and basic computing. Takes about 30 minutes to complete and is timed so make sure you have time to complete the test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in Aug 2022

Interview

I had a smooth interview with the engineering team arranged by the recruiter. The members were very friendly and respectful and they asked technical questions based on the specified requirements of the position on the website. I accepted the offer. All members including the recruiter, engineering team, and HR were very helpful in the smooth employment process and were available to clarify and answer my questions and concerns throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Question about the details of my prior industry and academic background relevant to the job. Also, we had a discussion about the different failure scenarios and possible strategies to avoid these failures and enhance the reliability of power substations.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

I was headhunted by a recruiter. He spoke for me on multiple occasions. He liaised with the data analyst team at PG&E. The interview itself was very casual. I could tell the team fostered an egoless spirit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in Jul 2022

Interview

First, they email you letting you know they will call you for a phone screening within next few days. They don’t give you an exact time so be prepared. Then another email invite to a video interview, this was scheduled a week and a half out. They do a simulation call during the interview where you pretend to be working for a company dealing with upset customer. Then I received a call a week later congratulating me for receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background that is related to this position. How do you stay safe at home or at work? Tell me a task you completed as a team Why do you want to work at PG&E? Why should we hire you? How do you work in a diverse and inclusive culture? What is good customer service? Etc…

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric

Interview

The interview process is easy. Total two rounds of interview. It was an excellent manager who interviewed me, which makes all the difference. You need to understand the ask from the job descriptions, and they will ask you how much you know about the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pacific Gas and Electric

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric

Interview

Phone screen followed by a meeting with a panel of interviewers. The interview consisted of mostly basic questions on getting to know you. There is also a technical quiz at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 414 Interviews

Pacific Gas and Electric Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Pacific Gas and Electric as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Business Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Pacific Gas and Electric takes an average of 33 days when considering 478 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 18 days), whereas Director roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 32 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Pacific Gas and Electric according to 478 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 20.16%