Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Applied via company's internal website. Was contacted by a recruiter who asked general questions and set up an interview. In-person interview with 2 managers. Focused on experiences using the STAR method. Questions were challenging, meaningful, and afforded me the opportunity to highlight my abilities. Interviewers were engaged and seemed genuinely interested. They asked follow up questions to clarify my responses, and also asked questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• This position works a lot with other departments. Describe a time you worked with someone from a group other than yours and did not get along. What was the outcome and what did you do to help get there?   Answer Question

Contract Employee Interview

Interview

The interview process was very simple and easy. I spoke with a third party employer who suggested a few roles within PG&E and circulated my resume to the hiring managers. I spoke with one hiring manager on the phone for about 20 minutes before she asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was hired a few hours after my in-person interview.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First you have a phone screen where they ask about your background. Then if they like what they here they invite you to meet with hiring manager and her 2 Senior Recruiters. They ask you questions about your background and or tell you about culture, the role etc

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted quickly for interview; HR seemed nice, hiring manager not so much. Did not let me know about the job in a timely manner, by the time they got back to me I had time to decide I did not want it after all as it seemed they were disorganized and there were some conflicting stories regarding the company on the news

Interview Questions

• Regarding safety and technical questions not related to job posting   Answer Question

They did not advertise the correct job

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. Asked general questions about my background and eventually asked a scripted series of questions concerning my experiences and qualifications. Very down to earth hiring staff and Business Analyst team. All there for the right reasons. The role was essentially an internal consultant/team chief of staff role.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process is submitting answers to their questions via video. You have a set time to answer the given question (six in total). You can redo it as many times as you want but overall it is a little awkward doing the interview and I would have much preferred an in-person or a phone call interview. The overall experience could have been better by making the future candidates feel more comfortable.

Associate Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy interview, then a huge overly extensive background check that required me to obrtain just about every job I've ever had proof etc.asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf asdf asdfa asdf a asdf a sdf

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest obstacle you've had to overcome   1 Answer

Sr. Computing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied for the position via their website and was suprised to receive a response from a recruiter via email within a week. I contacted him and we chatted for a little bit... I didnt feel the recruiter really asked any in depth questions at all.

He indicated that they were going to set up an in-person interview and scheduled a 1 hour time slot. The interview took place in a small room. As soon as I hit the door I saw 3 people sitting there.... the hiring supervisor/his manager and a Sr. technical guy from his team. I was under the impression that I was going to be having a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager so I was a bit thrown off by the panel.

The panel had no laptops with them. Rather they each had the interview questions printed out on paper with space to write notes on my responses presumably for later review. they took turns asking the questions.

I asked them what the next steps were and they said HR would notify me within a week which they did...

PGE gets big points for a streamlined process and doing what they said when they said.

Also I was nervous in the beginning and was very glad there was a couple of pitchers of water there which I think I drank most of one of them.

I am going to rate the interview as difficult mainly because of my lack of interview practice beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you architected using the white board?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond if your supervisor asked you to do something that was technically impossible? Like install AD2003 on a 2008 Server.   Answer Question
    • Describe the considerations to take into account when doing a server refresh?   Answer Question
    • What are the 5 AD FSMO roles?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake and how you corrected it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I were waiting in security center for 15 minutes. The people looked so serious without smiles and greeting.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Called up by recruiter for position. Had two interviews, one phone interview and the other in person. Great interview and good interviewing process. Entire process took 2-3 weeks and was done. Negotiated okay salary with the Human Resource department. Begin work next month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think you are a good fit for this position   Answer Question