Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

I applied at a job fair on my college campus. I received an interview spot and had a behavioral interview with two recruiters. They asked mostly typical interview questions about yourself and your resume. Ir was roughly half an hour. The next step would have been another behavioral interview with a higher up.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

standard scripted interview questions- behavior questions. Why PG&E? How do you handle conflicts at work with upper management or colleagues? What do you see yourself in 5 years? Entire process from applying to getting offered took 2 months (phone interview, 2 in person interviews).

IT Architect Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

was first contacted for a phone interview , then invited for an in person interview where i was given a tour of the facility and described the day to day process and projects being worked on by the team.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

The interview process was very organized because it was centrally managed by a recruiter who was easy to reach and helpful. I had applied for another role simultaneously and she communicated with both teams to time the interviews appropriately and find the best fit for me. The interview with the hiring manager was very basic and straightforward. We primarily discussed my relevant prior roles.

Electric Settlements Associate Analyst (RPS/Bilateral) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening after which I was invited to an in-person interview panel with behavioral STAR questions and an Excel proficiency test. The entire interview process lasted about an hour and the panel members were extremely nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to ensure the completion of a project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an email for an online video recording interview. On the online site, you will be presented a pre-recorded question and you record yourself answering those questions right after. It was about 5 or so behavioral questions that you get about a minute to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you went above and beyond your responsibilities.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process is submitting answers to their questions via video. You have a set time to answer the given question (six in total). You can redo it as many times as you want but overall it is a little awkward doing the interview and I would have much preferred an in-person or a phone call interview. The overall experience could have been better by making the future candidates feel more comfortable.

Mapping Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Streamlined and easy. Apply, then wait for email to do test, then interview! The people who interviewed me were intelligent and down to earth, and I was very comfortable discussing my background to them. They seemed to agree because I was offered a position. If you're offered a job however, it comes with a full background and previous employment verification by an outside company. You must also do a drug screen within 72 business hours from the offer. I passed everything but the drug screen (THC). It's not an outside lineman job, so HR advised me that I could be reconsidered again, if and only if, I submit certification of having completed minimum 30-day "substance abuse" treatment. Lol, please. This just doesn't fly for someone with actual medical conditions for which cannabis is used as an ideal treatment, as opposed to Big Pharma. It's a freaking mapping job ffs, and I've digitized PG&Es maps before (a nearly year long project). Why don't they go after the pill poppers, tweakers, and drunks instead? When will society learn to steer away from blanket rules?
    Revise your drug policies for office folks, PG&E!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a task with little to no direction.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was done. 2 questions were asked. How have you made your current job a safe place to work? How have you delt with an irrate customer? Very comfortable, non stressful.

Interview Questions

• Safety issues, and lots of examples of customer service.   2 Answers

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Week long Intense interview process including leaders from both Business and Technology. Job offered in 2 weeks although for the formal offer letter to arrive it took more than a month, that too after following up several time. Not great HR person who interacted with me during this entire process

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions pertaining to my experience and behavioral. Focus on Leadership and relationship management.   Answer Question