Pets at Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pets at Home Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.6

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bromborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Bromborough, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, filling out an online form and received an invitation to a group interview. About 15 people turned up for 2 openings, which seemed a bit over kill. Group interview had a section where we described a pet we knew for a minute. Then split into teams to build a bridge with news paper which felt a bit demeaning. After that the groups were changed and we had to act out an advert for 3 products we chose from the store, this was quite fun as my group were all nice and easy going to work with. Then had a 15 minute interview with a member of staff and I was asked generic questions about customer service.

I was invited to a 1 hour work trial for the following week and was told that they had only narrowed down the applicant number to 9 for 2 openings. I could already tell that my chances weren't great but went about the work trial confidently. I worked with a colleague at first to clean out a guinnea pig cage. Then I was asked to work on a till and was shown how to greet customers. I took to this part very well I thought, as I was very proactive with asking them questions about loyalty cards, and asking if they'd had a pleasant experience in store. After this, I was asked to face up some shelves and make them look neat with the right products in the right places. Finally I had an Interview with the store manager, which wasn't too difficult, but people kept coming and going into the room, which could be distracting. I felt that a decision had already been made before I even arrived, with the way I was told how many people had applied and how hard it is to narrow them down. In the end it wasn't a bad experience but I think my time could have been better spent doing something else. It was like trying to get a job in the pentagon with the amount of hoops I had to jump through.

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burscough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Burscough, England (UK)).

Interview

Group style interview setting, not the best and short interview one to one at the end isn't great in showing potential for job. Group of about 15 people. Focussed heavily on group building tasks.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pets at Home.

Interview

Was a group interview, had to build a table out of newspapers, then we had to sell a product to the staff, and make an advertisement for pets at home, i thought i did really well in the interview but i never heard back.

Store Manager Designate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Was invited to a interview with the store manager and area manager in my local Store 3 weeks after applying for the role. This was down to a systems error I was told. No real issue. When I got to the store I made then aware of my arrival and was told that they were just finishing another interview and to walk round the store whilst I wait.....so I did for 35 minutes!!!! But disappointed in this as it took a manager 30 minutes to come and apologise. The interview itself lasted about 50 minutes when I finally got it and had the usual questions but the area manager went off on a tangent anytime he could and really liked the sound of his own voice. A shame really as when he was on point he sold the company very well so I was disappointed not to progress. I am acutely aware this may come across bitter but it is I feel a honest assessment.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pets at Home.

Interview

Had to go to a group interview , it was ok but did make me feel nervous . We had to talk about our pets, make a pet run and do a sells presentation in group. Had a call back got invited to a work trial day, lasted couple of hours due to them not being at all organised . Went on till for a hour. Cleaned guinea pigs out, helped put out stock, all good but when your not sure where stuff goes, you're going to be slow, so a stupid task really. One to one interview was ok but manager was on a conference call so really wasn't listening to me. Bit of a insult really. He could've got his assistant manager to take the call. Ok experience loved the animal part but really the one to one interview experience wasn't at all professional.

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for the job, and 3 weeks later I received a response saying that I was one of the candidates that was selected for the interview.
    Fast-forward to the interview process. It was a group interview, we first performed a team activity that required communication and interaction on calm levels.
    Then the groups were switched around and we did another activity that was similar to that of 'Dragons Den'.
    Many simple questions

Interview Questions

• If there was an angry customer at the shop, how would you cope with them?   Answer Question

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Newcastle, England (UK)).

Interview

a group interview of approx 22 people. Put into groups of around 3 or 4 and do a dragons den like pitch for a new product. Had to build a tower from newspaper. Talk about yourself in front of the group and store staff. Lasted around 2 hours. A few days later had an email to say I have progressed to next stage had to go back to store with 3 other people from the first stage and do various jobs in store with the staff and have an individual interview with the manager. Lasted around 3 hours. A few days later emailed to say unsuccessful and no reason why.

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruislip, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Ruislip, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week. Group interview, we were made to introduce ourselves (in front of about 6 staff as well) and then explain what was our favourite pet moment and why. We then had to get into groups and build a pet home out of cardboard. After that we had to make a 'pet advert' with whatever products we wanted to use within the store.

16 Hour Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, South East England, England (UK)

Interview

Invited to a group interview of about 10 people. We got told about the company and then got split into groups to serval activities. It helps if you ask questions and really make yourself stand out! Sound confident and sound really interested!

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Loughborough, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job at Pets at Home online. It requires you to take some time to fill in the form. I was then emailed the next day and asked to attend a group assessment, which was scheduled for a week after. This consisted of going to one of the stores and doing group activities for 2 hours. The day after that I was called to say I was successful, and that I was invited to a trial day. His trial day lasted 2 hours, and they got you to do normal things you would expect to do on a typical day there. You then attend a one to one interview after the trial has ended on the same day. I was then called the day after to say that I had got the job.