Resolvit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Resolvit

2.6

SAS Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (Raleigh, NC) in July 2018.

Interview

I submitted the application through Resolvit and got the interview call within 2 weeks. The interview was held through video conferencing 1-1 at the Raleigh office. It's a 2-3 step process and the final interview will be held at the client location with the Department Manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the previous projects and the collaborative nature of work.   Answer Question

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Resolvit in September 2017.

Interview

HR was very good. They did a great job asking the right questions without being rude or overly pushy. After accepting, they continued to stay in touch and attempted to assist me

Account Manager - Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Probably the most uncomfortable and unusual experience I've ever had. The recruiter was VERY nice and professional. She was really good with keeping in touch, following up and gauging your interest. She interviewed me first, and then scheduled an in person interview with the VP of Talent Acquisition. My interview with him went very well, he was also nice and professional. He insisted that I return the next day and meet with the owner. The next day the owner took me out for lunch. Instead of me discussing my professional background and work experiences, I spent 75% of the time talking about my personal background. Questions such as...Did I live in an urban neighborhood growing up? When did my parents get divorce and how did that affect me? Do I have a good relationship with my father? After telling him that he died of cancer, he ask me what was that experience like? Overall it was bizarre, and very uncomfortable. I relived a lot of painful moments that one should not have to during an interview.

It was still a great opportunity, and strangely I was still interested. The recruiter told me that he liked me, but wasn't ready to make an offer yet. I didn't understand how he could like me, because the only thing that he had learned was my personal background. So I suggested that we meet again, but this time discuss my professional background only. He initially agreed, but later asked that the recruiter meet with me instead.

Couple weeks later, I was told that I didn't get the job. I'm all about picking the right person and understand at times it will not be me, but it's hard to accept that when you were interrogated about your upbringing during the interview. Although he overstepped a few boundaries, he seemed like a great guy. He needs some interviewing polishing, and few classes in business etiquette.

Interview Questions

Resolvit Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Managing Member

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We strive to provide an exceptional interviewing experience for everyone considering employment with Resolvit.

It is nice to hear that your experience with our corporate recruiter and VP of Talent Acquisition were excellent. That their communication was thorough, timely, and consistent from initial engagement through delivery of feedback, including the decision of ultimately choosing someone else, is a standard we strive for as a team. These two particular individuals’ primary responsibilities are qualifying candidates based on specific required tactical expertise needed for roles within our company. We were fortunate five months ago to identify and pare down a long list of qualified individuals to four exceptional candidates for our Sales Leader position, of which you were one.

The good news is that our methodical and thorough hiring process, which as you point out can take as long as 30 to 45 days, worked well for all parties. Thank you again for your time and interest in Resolvit. We wish you lots of luck and success with your future endeavors.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Resolvit (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I first received a call from the recruiter and had a quick phone conversation about what I might be looking for. The recruiter then suggested we talk more in depth. We set up an appointment for a phone interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in contract positions or only permanent ones?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Resolvit (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and contacted recruiter with my resume. HR responded within few hours and scheduled phone interview for the following day. Next day, she was 45 minutes late to call me. However, she apologized and continued the interview. Phone interview went well and she scheduled video interview for the following day and asked me to fill out one form with information like "my current salary" etc. Submitted the form the very same day. Next day, I was waiting for her call but she NEVER called. I followed up with her couple of times but no response. Overall, I had very bad experience. This is NOT expected from consulting firm.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?
      Why are you interested in Resolvit?   Answer Question

Project Manager Fiance IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Resolvit (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Received a call by a recruiter at Resolvit to set Skype conference call
    2. During the call I was offered a job interview selection to a position at GE Finance in Cincinnati, OH at a 83,000 salary (Senior level job)
    3. 24 hrs after I received a call from Resolvit senior IT lead at GE Finance where he interviewed me and appear to be very interested in my profile thus he advice the Resolvit Director in charge of this practice at GE to interview me 72 hrs. after.
    4. Interview with Resolvit IT Director appeared to be quite well and he sound pleased with my responses, although something that made me feel strange was that the selection process was going to be based on "Price" as if the original 83,000 per year were not firm instead they were in a recruitment and "cost reduction" process at the same time.
    3. This morning (7 day after first call) I received an email from the recruiter who originally discussed with me the position I was interviewed explaining that the budget to pay for this position was now $56,000 instead of the $86,000 originally proposed, per Recruiting leader at General Electric company.

This is not a surprise to me, GE has changed so much in the past 10 years, in early 2000, GE Consumer Products was an organization of dynamic change and rapid development, in my second time at their Global Operations I noticed less discipline and very unstructured company as if the Global Environment and economic recession had direct impact to their way to stand behind their word.

Honestly I am truly disappointed of GE as a company.

The response of a job pay scale downgrade in less than 10 days is a clear example of a inadequate planning and inconsistent recruitment practices. I am not the only former GE employee who has experience this type of surprises in the past few years.

I know of many former GE peers who opted to grow professionally in corporations other than General Electric simply because of the type of practices GE Corporation has adopted in recent years. It is quite disguise corporate practice.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resolvit (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I came to their office to learn more about this contract position and brought a resume. They were meeting with the hiring manager later that afternoon. They told me that one of the skills listed was a "nice to have," not a "must have." When I didn't hear anything for a few days, I followed up with the recruiter. She said the manager had decided that they are only considering candidates with that skill, so then I could not be considered for the job. That's okay. I get that.

So fast forward to a couple of months later. I had a conversation with a former co-worker. The job they applied for here sounded identical. In fact, I am sure it was the same job because of the description they gave, the company, and the timing. They told this person the same thing about this skill that they told me at first. They said it was a "nice to have". This person had no experience with this skill either. Funny thing is that this person got an interview with the hiring manager. So was the skill actually not a requirement, and there was some other reason I was not considered? If so, that is what they should've told me. If not, then I should've at least been considered for the job. Not sure what the deal was, but it makes me not trust this company.

Interview Questions

• I think they did the old "tell me about yourself" question.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Resolvit (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by an recruiter for an consulting job. phone interview for 1 hour.
    All the questions are based on resume.
    What's the project you feel the most difficult?
    How you deal with mistake?
    What make you feel proud of yourself?

It was an 3-6 month project contact job, so the recruiter asked how I can do ask six months.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Down to earth interview. Met during lunch and discussed general financial and accounting practices. Asked about involvement with Quickbooks and other software the company uses. It was informal but to the interviewer's benefit.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your knowledge with the accounting software Quickbooks?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter followed by a 2 hour Skype interview with an executive officer. Communication with the recruiter was the most difficult part as they wouldn't return calls. Skype interview was very laid back and straight forward

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself..... Why are you interested in this position..... Tell us about a time when.....   Answer Question