Resolvit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Resolvit (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I first received a call from the recruiter and had a quick phone conversation about what I might be looking for. The recruiter then suggested we talk more in depth. We set up an appointment for a phone interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in contract positions or only permanent ones?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Resolvit (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and contacted recruiter with my resume. HR responded within few hours and scheduled phone interview for the following day. Next day, she was 45 minutes late to call me. However, she apologized and continued the interview. Phone interview went well and she scheduled video interview for the following day and asked me to fill out one form with information like "my current salary" etc. Submitted the form the very same day. Next day, I was waiting for her call but she NEVER called. I followed up with her couple of times but no response. Overall, I had very bad experience. This is NOT expected from consulting firm.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?
      Why are you interested in Resolvit?   Answer Question

Project Manager Fiance IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Resolvit (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Received a call by a recruiter at Resolvit to set Skype conference call
    2. During the call I was offered a job interview selection to a position at GE Finance in Cincinnati, OH at a 83,000 salary (Senior level job)
    3. 24 hrs after I received a call from Resolvit senior IT lead at GE Finance where he interviewed me and appear to be very interested in my profile thus he advice the Resolvit Director in charge of this practice at GE to interview me 72 hrs. after.
    4. Interview with Resolvit IT Director appeared to be quite well and he sound pleased with my responses, although something that made me feel strange was that the selection process was going to be based on "Price" as if the original 83,000 per year were not firm instead they were in a recruitment and "cost reduction" process at the same time.
    3. This morning (7 day after first call) I received an email from the recruiter who originally discussed with me the position I was interviewed explaining that the budget to pay for this position was now $56,000 instead of the $86,000 originally proposed, per Recruiting leader at General Electric company.

This is not a surprise to me, GE has changed so much in the past 10 years, in early 2000, GE Consumer Products was an organization of dynamic change and rapid development, in my second time at their Global Operations I noticed less discipline and very unstructured company as if the Global Environment and economic recession had direct impact to their way to stand behind their word.

Honestly I am truly disappointed of GE as a company.

The response of a job pay scale downgrade in less than 10 days is a clear example of a inadequate planning and inconsistent recruitment practices. I am not the only former GE employee who has experience this type of surprises in the past few years.

I know of many former GE peers who opted to grow professionally in corporations other than General Electric simply because of the type of practices GE Corporation has adopted in recent years. It is quite disguise corporate practice.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resolvit (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I came to their office to learn more about this contract position and brought a resume. They were meeting with the hiring manager later that afternoon. They told me that one of the skills listed was a "nice to have," not a "must have." When I didn't hear anything for a few days, I followed up with the recruiter. She said the manager had decided that they are only considering candidates with that skill, so then I could not be considered for the job. That's okay. I get that.

So fast forward to a couple of months later. I had a conversation with a former co-worker. The job they applied for here sounded identical. In fact, I am sure it was the same job because of the description they gave, the company, and the timing. They told this person the same thing about this skill that they told me at first. They said it was a "nice to have". This person had no experience with this skill either. Funny thing is that this person got an interview with the hiring manager. So was the skill actually not a requirement, and there was some other reason I was not considered? If so, that is what they should've told me. If not, then I should've at least been considered for the job. Not sure what the deal was, but it makes me not trust this company.

Interview Questions

• I think they did the old "tell me about yourself" question.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Resolvit (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by an recruiter for an consulting job. phone interview for 1 hour.
    All the questions are based on resume.
    What's the project you feel the most difficult?
    How you deal with mistake?
    What make you feel proud of yourself?

It was an 3-6 month project contact job, so the recruiter asked how I can do ask six months.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Down to earth interview. Met during lunch and discussed general financial and accounting practices. Asked about involvement with Quickbooks and other software the company uses. It was informal but to the interviewer's benefit.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your knowledge with the accounting software Quickbooks?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter followed by a 2 hour Skype interview with an executive officer. Communication with the recruiter was the most difficult part as they wouldn't return calls. Skype interview was very laid back and straight forward

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself..... Why are you interested in this position..... Tell us about a time when.....   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called by the HR recruiter in about a week for a phone screen. Skype interview was set up the following week. Interview was quite generic with the Recruiter asking a lot of behavioral questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions and some technical questions   Answer Question

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Resolvit (Stamford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

It was one of the easiest and nicest interviews I ever participated in. The Manager and Resolvit Rep were just great to deal with. I never felt any added pressure, other than the usual phone interview stress.

Interview Questions

• The usual -- share a specific project you worked on   1 Answer

Account Manager for Resolvit - Cincinnati Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Resolvit (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

It seemed easy.
    First interview was a phone interview with office manager.
    Second interview was in person interview with office manager.
    At this point I was asked to take a series of tests
    Then I was asked to fill out out paperwork for background checks
    Third interview was an interview with the entire office team, one on one, and occasionally there was more than one person in the room.

The office manager seemed nice and professional, without a question, very engaged in her job and her career.

Interview Questions

• A lot of their questions are typical, "tell me two things" "tell me three things" "tell me this" etc types of questions.   Answer Question

Always ask to shadow a person in your current position or when interviewing with people on your prospective team, always ask them questions about culture, work/life balance, real earning potential, what its like to work for their manager/boss . . . frustrations they have and the good parts of the job. It was over the course of my third interview where I got a vibe, from everyone I interviewed with, that seemed to confirm the reviews I had read on this site, and given that I was/am in a good position, I declined to take up any more of their time. I think they are likely a tough but fair company to work for and if you are early in your career and truly hungry, a good position for others. The space they operate in is growing, they seem eager to grow, I bet if you keep your head down and work through the first year or two, its solid, but I bet that first year or two are brutal in every way possible.