Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2018

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ontario, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. I was scheduled for an in-person interview during the call which occurred within a few days. I received an offer within the same week of the interview. Very easy process that was straight forward and extremely comfortable to follow.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The managers were engaging in terms of having a conversation with me about where I'm headed in my career. They were new to the firm and feeling out the landscape for themselves as well but very open individuals in terms of discussing what issues they have and how I may be part of the solution.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a phone interview with a couple of people. Interviews had some technical questions and some questions based on your resume. Technical ones were not very difficult.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back great interview. Mainly fit and behavioral questions. Really nice people and a great place to work at. Easy interview process in general and got it through On Campus Recruiting.

Interview Questions

Interview

The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Just one interview with 2 employees. They came to the campus were we met in an office to start the interview process. It took around 30 minutes to complete the interview. They reached out one week later that they already had chosen another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume. Also about the market and what do I think about the current situation. And about a specific stock   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through my network of former colleagues. I was emailed directly from the hiring manager and went in to interview with the team. I have been following up with the manager directly with little contact from HR.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

just brief 30 mins interview, which combined tech and behavior. he just wanted me to ask more questions to him. i asked five and cannot think of anymore