Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ontario, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. I was scheduled for an in-person interview during the call which occurred within a few days. I received an offer within the same week of the interview. Very easy process that was straight forward and extremely comfortable to follow.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Very disorganized. I was contacted on Linked-In by "messenger" by one of the Recruiters. I responded immediately as usual to email or messenger requests. I did not hear back from the person who contact me for 10 days; and that was because I sent a message to follow up. Then the recruiter said, I would be hearing from another recruiter because she did not have time to speak with me. The next person that called me was from the Canada Office and I am in New York. So I passed the phone interview, and next I was supposed to have a meeting with the 2 Managers that I would be working for. No communication again for a week. Once again, I contacted them to follow up on the process and I was passed off to a rude HR Administrative Assistant who coordinates interviews. Well she finally did contact me at 6:10pm on a Friday evening in a snow storm and asked me to come into their offices for an Interview at 7:30am that Monday. With no consideration that I would have to tell my boss that I would be coming to work late that day. When I asked for there was another time available because I would have to let my boss and co-workers know that I might be late Monday morning. She said, "no" that is the only time available. And, after this phone call I eliminated from the process. This process, needless to say, left a very bad impression of their lack of consideration and professionalism. I understand Managers are busy; however, you cannot tell me that there were no other time slots on the person's calendar. Besides the total lack of consideration for my time schedule. If this is the way they treat their candidates, I can only imagine how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• For the phone interview, it was typical questions: Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a difficult situation and how you cleared it up?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The managers were engaging in terms of having a conversation with me about where I'm headed in my career. They were new to the firm and feeling out the landscape for themselves as well but very open individuals in terms of discussing what issues they have and how I may be part of the solution.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consited of a panel including HR and finance mamanagement. They were punctual and polite. The format consisted of Traditional interview questions with an opportunity to ask questions. Some information withheld in the interview with regards to the sophistication of the systems. However, they responded in one week

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a phone interview with a couple of people. Interviews had some technical questions and some questions based on your resume. Technical ones were not very difficult.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back great interview. Mainly fit and behavioral questions. Really nice people and a great place to work at. Easy interview process in general and got it through On Campus Recruiting.

Interview Questions

Interview

The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trinidad, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Trinidad, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very detailed and very organized. I answered all questions that was asked. I had to do a sales demonstration and that was successful as well. My interview panel had three persons, which lasted for 35 mins. After that I was told if I was selected I would here from them in a month's time and I did eventually.

Interview Questions

• Why would I like to work for the Bank ?   1 Answer