Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Scotiabank

1,039 Interview Reviews

2.8

Income Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received the phone call shortly. HR asked some basic and easy phone call questions about the previous job and expectations. I am waiting for the next step.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I attended the first round Interview. It was a behavioral interview. HR asked me behavioural and situational questions based on my resume and job duties. From the questions, I think communication skill is critical for this role.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Several rounds. First round was on the phone with HR, second round was on the phone with the hiring analyst, third round was on the phone with an associate, fourth round was in person.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consited of a panel including HR and finance mamanagement. They were punctual and polite. The format consisted of Traditional interview questions with an opportunity to ask questions. Some information withheld in the interview with regards to the sophistication of the systems. However, they responded in one week

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

This was easy. Scotiabank really wanted me to join their team and brought in a lot of big guns from Toronto to woo and wine and dine me to join their team in New York.

When the time finally came to make the job offer, I was insulted. They offered me in base salary 25% less then I was making in my current job and tried to make it up by offering me equity (stock) in the bank. The stock had a 3 year vesting period which meant I couldn't do anything with it for three years which means I would be working for 75% of my current salary for three years. Not to mention the conflicts of interest set up by this type of pay deal with the potential of not putting my clients best interests first so the bank (and me as a shareholder) could make more money. No thanks.

I do have to give the head of HR props for really trying to sell me on this dog deal though and try to convince me hamburger was really filet mignon because it came from the same cow. The sad part is that I think she really believed it was a good deal too.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Standard process. Started with a screening call from HR that took 30 minutes, then a one-one interview with the hiring manager and a 2 on one interview with Senior Management.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions that applied past experience to the current expectations of the position   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Very disorganized. I was contacted on Linked-In by "messenger" by one of the Recruiters. I responded immediately as usual to email or messenger requests. I did not hear back from the person who contact me for 10 days; and that was because I sent a message to follow up. Then the recruiter said, I would be hearing from another recruiter because she did not have time to speak with me. The next person that called me was from the Canada Office and I am in New York. So I passed the phone interview, and next I was supposed to have a meeting with the 2 Managers that I would be working for. No communication again for a week. Once again, I contacted them to follow up on the process and I was passed off to a rude HR Administrative Assistant who coordinates interviews. Well she finally did contact me at 6:10pm on a Friday evening in a snow storm and asked me to come into their offices for an Interview at 7:30am that Monday. With no consideration that I would have to tell my boss that I would be coming to work late that day. When I asked for there was another time available because I would have to let my boss and co-workers know that I might be late Monday morning. She said, "no" that is the only time available. And, after this phone call I eliminated from the process. This process, needless to say, left a very bad impression of their lack of consideration and professionalism. I understand Managers are busy; however, you cannot tell me that there were no other time slots on the person's calendar. Besides the total lack of consideration for my time schedule. If this is the way they treat their candidates, I can only imagine how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• For the phone interview, it was typical questions: Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a difficult situation and how you cleared it up?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ontario, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. I was scheduled for an in-person interview during the call which occurred within a few days. I received an offer within the same week of the interview. Very easy process that was straight forward and extremely comfortable to follow.

Credit Risk Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Fairly casual interview, more of a conversation than a structured, formal interview. Centered around fairly standard behavior questions, as well as in-depth questions on current position and employer, as well as previous relevant experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be your biggest challenge if hired   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Just one interview with 2 employees. They came to the campus were we met in an office to start the interview process. It took around 30 minutes to complete the interview. They reached out one week later that they already had chosen another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume. Also about the market and what do I think about the current situation. And about a specific stock   Answer Question