Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

People Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had the opportunity to meet 6 senior executives over the course of two interview - it was a fast process but seeing the audience, I had to be top of my game! It gave me the opportunity to prove my talent and to ask all of the questions needed to make a decision on whether or not Scotiabank was the right place for me. It definitely was.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage the status quo and impact change?
      What's my understanding of the agile mindset?
      What's Scotiabank missing?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ontario, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. I was scheduled for an in-person interview during the call which occurred within a few days. I received an offer within the same week of the interview. Very easy process that was straight forward and extremely comfortable to follow.

Credit Risk Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Fairly casual interview, more of a conversation than a structured, formal interview. Centered around fairly standard behavior questions, as well as in-depth questions on current position and employer, as well as previous relevant experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be your biggest challenge if hired   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Just one interview with 2 employees. They came to the campus were we met in an office to start the interview process. It took around 30 minutes to complete the interview. They reached out one week later that they already had chosen another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume. Also about the market and what do I think about the current situation. And about a specific stock   Answer Question

Global Banking and Markets Rotational Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First round interview was with two interviewers. Asked questions standard interview questions regarding economics/finance, resume, and fit. Was notified that I had made it to the second round within 24 hours. Second interview was with a large panel, 5-6 members of senior staff asked questions regarding resume and fit, no technical questions whatsoever. The next day, I was called by one of the interviewers and notified that I had gotten the internship.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe trends in European interest rates over the past few years.   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a phone interview with a couple of people. Interviews had some technical questions and some questions based on your resume. Technical ones were not very difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through my network of former colleagues. I was emailed directly from the hiring manager and went in to interview with the team. I have been following up with the manager directly with little contact from HR.

Summer Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was two rounds, with a Skype interview on campus for the first round. Questions were fairly straightforward, with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The second round was at the company headquarters in New York. Scotia bank offered to reimburse me for the second round, but I contacted the recruiter several times and it's been over a year and I still have yet to get any reimbursement for my flight and hotel stay. Poor communication and lack of professionalism on HR's part.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

just brief 30 mins interview, which combined tech and behavior. he just wanted me to ask more questions to him. i asked five and cannot think of anymore

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back great interview. Mainly fit and behavioral questions. Really nice people and a great place to work at. Easy interview process in general and got it through On Campus Recruiting.