Sodexo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.4

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackwood, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo (Blackwood, NJ).

Interview

You have to fill out an application and submit it to the office and receive a code for taking an online personality test. Should you qualify you will then be contacted by the manager for the day and time that you start where you'll be given your uniform and introduced to the others you'll be working with and they will train you as to what your duties are and what is expected from you as per Management's expectations. Then you have about 3days to get to know exactly what you're doing and you are on your own.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to or more than 35-50 lbs?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Clueless 'mechanical' recruiters lacking in common sense - go by Job Description as if anything other than literal interpretation will lead to torture.
    Hiring managers...if you get there...are better - there is a propensity to be less than up front with salary budget - you WILL get low-balled & bonus structure is less than sincere.

Interview Questions

• How much were you making at previous employer?   1 Answer

Mail Clerk (Chevron Refinery) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Richmond, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Brief on the phone interview. Then 2 days later a in-person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people at the same time. Each one of them were very nice and personable.
    The downfall with the position very low pay for the cost of living and the commute. I do not understand how these companies offering people so little pay and EVERYTHING is going up including RENT.

Interview Questions

• If you received a phone call and you had to leave early, but need to meet a deadline for an important project what would you do?   1 Answer

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (Montclair, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

It went well. I'm still waiting to get a,response to see if I'm hired. My initial plans is to get back with Sodexo because of the years I've had with them

Interview Questions

• How many years have been in the food service industry   1 Answer

Dietitian I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Phone Screen - consisted of resume review and expansion, job position description and question session, salary requirements, travel methods, and description of next few steps in hiring process (i.e. expect phone call for in-person interview or e-mail for no longer in consideration post phone screen, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your internship experience as it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (Gaithersburg, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview by executive recruiter who seemed very professional and helpful during first phase of the hiring process was very good. However, the hiring manager was clueless and did not seem familiar with the job description nor did he seem to understand the role of this position, as described, within the company. It was the actions and non-actions of the hiring manager that gave an overall negative opinion of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were very general and did not address anything specific about the responsibilities of the job.   1 Answer

Vice President Business Development Schools Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screening and aptitude test took place in late October. Several video interviews with the Schools team followed over the next 3 weeks. All of the feedback from the external and internal recruiters was extremely positive. Directly asked the hiring manager in multiple conversations if anything In my background was concerning. Reply was that my management skills and experience were extremely transferable. I was asked what I needed to know in order to accept the position. I was sent the comp plan and benefit descriptions. Final step was to be a dinner with the team. After dinner I was told that I would hear within a week. This was now 6 weeks after my 1st screening. The decision was delayed an additional month and I finally received the call from the recruiter that I was not selected. After 90 days and many informal communications that my skills and experience were a fit and that there was no concern at all about me, I got the rejection call. The hiring manager never returned calls or emails asking where it went wrong.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were great. All behavioral. Tell me about a time when....questions   1 Answer

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very intense but understandable. It is a great hospital I was applying for so I didn’t expect it to be easy peasy. The Recruiter was very patient, kind and humble.

Interview Questions

• What is a complicated situation you have been in and how did I handle it in either a job school or personal form?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (East Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

I would want the interviewer to ask me my experience, what hours I can work, am I reliable. Are there benefits. What is the pay. If I wanted to come to you would you be easy to talk to.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Methodical straight forward scripted questions. There guide they use for the housekeeping operations manager keeps the interview professional and focused. The interview lasted for at least 40 minutes and I didn't get this job but I'll keep trying. Better luck next time.

Interview Questions

• What is my style of management   1 Answer