Sodexo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sodexo Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2018

2.4

Manager II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. I was called into the hospital and had a peer interview with five other managers. The interview was very positive. They explained about working in a hospital and what the job was about. That the position would be cleaning the location that the hospital owed outside of the hospital.

Interview Questions

• The asked if I knew anything about cleaning a hospital.   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Very long lengthy process which required multiple days of interviews with different mangers. The entire process took about a month & required 3 full interviews with a lot of questions regarding how you would handle a situation , prior work experience & personality quiz

Relief/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo (Oshkosh, WI).

Interview

Experience, explanation of duties, hours and pay. I had already been working at the University for almost a year, so the interview was basically going over what to expect as far as benefits, pay increases and payday (direct deposit).

Interview Questions

• If I had customer experience   1 Answer

Patient Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo (Rockville, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

More than the process, understand the organization first...Sodexo HR is top-heavy, networks among themselves, doesn't reply on LinkedIn. If they look down their nose at you, they let your resume sit in the ATS database, instead of giving short-handed Directors external candidates to choose from. You can tell HR is an old school "kiss up, manage down" group.
    Sodexo won't acknowledge management turnover in large health care accounts.

Overall, Sodexo seems to discourage candidates from outside its industry...they like to promote from within, they say. However, outside Food Service is where the customer-centric strategies come from. They prefer them young and just out of school. But, the young can't always offer the insight to satisfy and retain value-driven accounts.

Interview Questions

• Situational management questions (how did you manage resource conflict, set goals, implement new programs, collaborate, manage union EE's work rules)   1 Answer

Patient Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (Pocatello, ID).

Interview

I applied online. I received a msg that was incomplete on my vc mail. I had no idea who was calling back, nor did they leave a callback phone. I called back the phone showing. It was a cell phone not a business phone according to my search. Msg was this is HR lve msg. I gave my name, that I received a call and could interview on certain days. 4 days later. Another phone msg, much more detail, with the same c/b phone. Which I responded to within minutes to same HR person. Didn't hear back, but received the canned thanks but no thanks email the following day at 5pm. If HR takes the time to call you, then you must have something they are interesting in. But the follow through was atrocious. I have never had an HR professional not leave a detailed msg. Then not return your inquiry when you made attempts to connect with them. I found this extremely unprofessional. If this is how they attempt to "interview" new hires. Professional people want an HR experience that isn't sloppy and disorganized.

Patient Services Manager Interview

Interview

A series of three interviews in which I felt as though I was led on. Met staff members and other employees outside of the department as if I was getting the job. The Chef basically told me to get out while I still can because he hates his job. It really felt like my time was wasted

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

First, they did a phone screen asking why I would like to work at the hospital. Then my information was sent to the hiring manger. The hiring manager contacted me two weeks later and called me in for an interview. The first interview was behavioral based questions. The second is clinical questions with a panel of RDs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt you were not going to meet a deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo.

Interview

The interview process was professional. The interviewer was friendly and the entire interview was a pleasant experience. Question characteristics included, but not limited to, back ground, goal, conflict resolution, and so on.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo in March 2018.

Interview

Situation based questions, was selected as a finalist, but client made final decision. DM didn’t call me to inform me, found out another way, that was the biggest bummer. The DM should at least call and inform the candidates of the decision

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you had to intervene between two employees fighting.   Answer Question

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackwood, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo (Blackwood, NJ).

Interview

You have to fill out an application and submit it to the office and receive a code for taking an online personality test. Should you qualify you will then be contacted by the manager for the day and time that you start where you'll be given your uniform and introduced to the others you'll be working with and they will train you as to what your duties are and what is expected from you as per Management's expectations. Then you have about 3days to get to know exactly what you're doing and you are on your own.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to or more than 35-50 lbs?   1 Answer