Sodexo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sodexo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2018

2.4

Patient Services Manager Interview

Interview

A series of three interviews in which I felt as though I was led on. Met staff members and other employees outside of the department as if I was getting the job. The Chef basically told me to get out while I still can because he hates his job. It really felt like my time was wasted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo (Rockville, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

More than the process, understand the organization first...Sodexo HR is top-heavy, networks among themselves, doesn't reply on LinkedIn. If they look down their nose at you, they let your resume sit in the ATS database, instead of giving short-handed Directors external candidates to choose from. You can tell HR is an old school "kiss up, manage down" group.
    Sodexo won't acknowledge management turnover in large health care accounts.

Overall, Sodexo seems to discourage candidates from outside its industry...they like to promote from within, they say. However, outside Food Service is where the customer-centric strategies come from. They prefer them young and just out of school. But, the young can't always offer the insight to satisfy and retain value-driven accounts.

Interview Questions

• Situational management questions (how did you manage resource conflict, set goals, implement new programs, collaborate, manage union EE's work rules)   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Dorchester, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed up by an in-person interview. The phone screen was easy enough and just went over my resume. I was invited a week later for an in-person interview. The manager took a multiple days to respond to emails and I was not sure what time I would be interviewing until the day before. When I arrived, I walked into a panel interview which I was not made aware of in advance. Interview questions were from a packet from hr and were pretty easy. It ended with a tour of the hospital and kitchen. I never heard back from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

5 meetings/interviews in total. Pretty redundant but good process overall

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to do two things at once and be successful at them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Always negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sodexo (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied in early December, received a call from the recruiter 2 days later for a phone interview. It went great. The GM called me the next the day the setup an in person interview. After the interview I was given a tour of the facility and introduced to some of the employees (it was a good sign). The interview lasted an hour. I received an offer the next day. The started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I was being rehired to Sodexo, GM was able to see how much a made as a supervisor. I was able to negotiate about $5k more. Easy to negotiate with

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and professional. I first had a phone interview with HR then two face to face interviews with three different people. First two Human Resources manager then the department manager.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me is "What would you do if someone near you fainted?"   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Wayne, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

She asked me 2 questions and we started making my schedule. It wasn't really an interview. She just asked me when I was available. It was the easiest interview I have ever done.

Kitchen Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sodexo (Mequon, WI).

Interview

the interview process was pretty much the general manager showing me the place around, and at a point i had to ask if i was being hired because i was filing tax forms and company policies, the said "oh yes, you are being hired", ok thank you! hahah

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying for the position, I was called for an interview. I was interviewed by a department manager. During the interview I was asked about my qualifications and how well I understood the job and was I able to perform the duties required for this position. After, answering and asking all the necessary questions, I was asked when I would be available to start. The manager informed that If I was selected for the position, I would be called to begin work as scheduled.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sodexo (East Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

I would want the interviewer to ask me my experience, what hours I can work, am I reliable. Are there benefits. What is the pay. If I wanted to come to you would you be easy to talk to.