Stop & Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Well Manager was late coming in, I was on time in fact I was early. Once I met her and started interview it went very well. We were both impressed with each other. I was told I would get a call back with in the next week and I did, was offered a job but for deli clerk I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job here.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Flushing, NY).

Interview

Very brief, and straightforward. I was interviewed by two managers, who were very nice. They emphasized that: excellent customer service, friendliness, urgency, and team work; is a must. One of the easier interviews I've been on, I wouldn't sweat it.

Stocks/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online first, and then got a call a few days later asking me to come for an interview. I ask her what I need to bring and she lists the specific documents I need to bring with me. I come, prepared, and the lady who's supposed to interview me makes me wait 30 minutes. Since I'm desperate for a paying job, I wait, even if there's no place to sit and my legs are killing me. She brings me over to her office and I find out I needed to bring another document with me, except she forgot to tell me. So I ask her when I can come and she says the next day. I come in the next day and am told she's too busy, and to come back in an hour. I come back in an hour, she makes me wait another 30 minutes, and during that time, I see her snap rudely at some young employees. At this point, I already made up my mind and decided to walk out. If I'm going to be treated terribly and paid minimum wage, I might as well get free food out of it, so I decided to apply at Shake Shack/McD's instead. Good riddance. Have fun in your dying, poorly managed store.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Applied online in Connecticut. Heard back less than a week later and was asked to come in to interview. Came in about 10 minutes early and sat down with the hiring guy, asked me about my hobbies and interests, wanted to talk about availability and then pending a background check offered me the job on the spot. Interview was on a monday and was offered the job on friday. Some other glass door reviews were not wrong, this is a very simple interview process. Unless the background check fails, I think if you get an interview you've probably already passed some kind of preliminary check and will like get offered a job if you're not a complete weirdo and consent to the times they ask you. I wanted a different position and time they offered, but produce was one of the several I did check off. I wanted mornings and early afternoons and was told I'd work late afternoons into the evenings which isn't so bad because my store is not very busy and not 24 hours. Whole process took 6 days from application to interview, 4 days from interview to hire, and 5 days from hire to start training. About 2 weeks total.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was fairly simple, the manager asked me about availability and what I would rather prefer, cashier or stock person. He was very kind and straight to the point. Overall, it was a good experience, if your nervous about it, don't be too much. It's nothing super special that they will kill you over it.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strongest attributes?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Very simple and to the point. One of the best I've had over the years.Not a lot of useless questions.I had to go through 3 different people,but all were very nice and not harsh or pushy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working night shift hours, and will you be able to stay awake?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Went in for an overnight stocker position, but instead was asked to fill-in bake shop clerk position. Interview was easy and heard back a day later. I was asked all the typical questions you can look up on google.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a difficult situation while you were on the job?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

Was real simple. Hiring manager was down to earth. She just wanted to know how hard I worked and my background. As far as the army goes. The store manager was cool. Department manager was try to get with me until I told him I don't swing that way.. other then that it a wonderful play to work customers are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the position your applying for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Springfield, MA).

Interview

I filled out an application online (my uncle is a manager for the company so he also put in a word for me). They called me and had me come in and fill out paperwork for the job, I didn't have a formal interview because my Uncle had basically got me hired. I assume their interview questions are not complicated at all.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I was thoroughly surprised by the process because I was not asked absolutely any other questions other than my availability and information to perform a background check. I interviewed back in summer 2015. It was fairly simple and was only a matter of me showing up and expressing interest to the hiring manager.