Stop & Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Interviews at Stop & Shop

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Aberdeen, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a very long time ago but I remember a lot of behavioral questions and there was a saliva drug test. The process took around 2 months and was offered a position

Interview Questions

• All Behavioral aside from going over past work experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Conducted initial interview with myself the candidate and district HR manager. Next step was with regional manager and regional HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was referring to most complicated interaction(s) with a previous supervisor and how it was dealt with, and the end result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Director and Human Resource Manager. Interview was fair. Questions were geared more towards life experience. District Director seemed very invested in the position and wanted someone who was in it for the long haul.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Resume sent to HR. Usually two interviews at corporate office. First interview is one on one. Second interview is a group interview. Job offered. Takes a few months for entire process. Chances increase if you know someone in the business.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer this company? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Norwood, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

He called and asked me if I have a 15min for phone interview, I wasn't ready for it but I have done it anyway, called for in person interview.
    Overall experience was very easy and casual.
    I did ask some question about company and he seems to be happy about question

Interview Questions

• what is biggest accomplishment?   2 Answers

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

You will wait for awhile for the manager to come down to talk to you, but they are super pleasant and meet with you for as long as needed. Once you get upstairs, you pretty much already work here so relax, but be honest about your availability. Nothing will get you on their crap list faster than saying you are available 24/7, and then tell them you can only work on Sundays. You will end up on carriages.

Interview Questions

• When they ask what role you are applying for, don't apply for carriages, porter, or bagger. Aim higher, the other employees will help you out if you get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union job, no negotiations available

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and their system is in dire need of an upgrade. You can't go back to previous pages in the application, not even with your browser's back button. Only once the application is nearly finished can you review it. There is no option to save or continue later, so you'll need to start over if you get interrupted. And before you can begin, you're required to give your SSN. You're then asked broad and vague multiple choice questions that are like a psychological test. I answered as honestly as I could with the available choices.

I got a call about 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. The first batch of questions were related to my availability, previous experience, and if I was legally allowed to work. The rest were rather outdated questions that never accurately judge someone's abilities. Nothing was mentioned about the company or the positions I applied for, save for how customer service is important.

While the hiring manager seemed friendly, she didn't take any notes or record my answers. I had some questions, but was only able to ask two of them. Why are these positions open? Is there a number I can call to follow up if need be? Her responses were long-winded, and barely answered my questions. She also implied following up wasn't a good idea, and that I should wait a couple weeks before calling the store. She ended the interview before I could ask anything else. Once I'd left the office and gotten out of sight, I heard her start yelling at an employee who'd come to ask her about something.

I think their hiring process could use some improvement. It's not terrible, but it's not great, either.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2011.

Interview

Basic interview process, mostly behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Waterbury, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

It went well. The interviewer was nice. They asked me questions which I answered truthfully. I think the manager who interviewed me was experienced because the process went so smoothly. I felt very confident about the whole thing.

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Fall River, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I waited in a room and a man came in and took my paper work and asked me some general questions, but overall I feel like he was just hiring me off the application and I was barely interviews at all.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any previous work experience, where, why did you leave.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.