Stop & Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

1.6

Anonymous Employee in West Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (West Hempstead, NY).

Interview

I came in, sat down, and was asked a few questions about my previous job history and what kind of job i was looking for. Gave a little enough on what jobs there were offering

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I wouldn't call it memorable, but the interview process from what I recall was very welcoming and positive, which is why I was shocked at my working experience there as time progressed

Interview Questions

• the standard questions, such as "how did you hear about our open position?" and "why do you want to work here?" there were none out of left field.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Well Manager was late coming in, I was on time in fact I was early. Once I met her and started interview it went very well. We were both impressed with each other. I was told I would get a call back with in the next week and I did, was offered a job but for deli clerk I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job here.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Flushing, NY).

Interview

Very brief, and straightforward. I was interviewed by two managers, who were very nice. They emphasized that: excellent customer service, friendliness, urgency, and team work; is a must. One of the easier interviews I've been on, I wouldn't sweat it.

Stocks/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online first, and then got a call a few days later asking me to come for an interview. I ask her what I need to bring and she lists the specific documents I need to bring with me. I come, prepared, and the lady who's supposed to interview me makes me wait 30 minutes. Since I'm desperate for a paying job, I wait, even if there's no place to sit and my legs are killing me. She brings me over to her office and I find out I needed to bring another document with me, except she forgot to tell me. So I ask her when I can come and she says the next day. I come in the next day and am told she's too busy, and to come back in an hour. I come back in an hour, she makes me wait another 30 minutes, and during that time, I see her snap rudely at some young employees. At this point, I already made up my mind and decided to walk out. If I'm going to be treated terribly and paid minimum wage, I might as well get free food out of it, so I decided to apply at Shake Shack/McD's instead. Good riddance. Have fun in your dying, poorly managed store.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Applied online in Connecticut. Heard back less than a week later and was asked to come in to interview. Came in about 10 minutes early and sat down with the hiring guy, asked me about my hobbies and interests, wanted to talk about availability and then pending a background check offered me the job on the spot. Interview was on a monday and was offered the job on friday. Some other glass door reviews were not wrong, this is a very simple interview process. Unless the background check fails, I think if you get an interview you've probably already passed some kind of preliminary check and will like get offered a job if you're not a complete weirdo and consent to the times they ask you. I wanted a different position and time they offered, but produce was one of the several I did check off. I wanted mornings and early afternoons and was told I'd work late afternoons into the evenings which isn't so bad because my store is not very busy and not 24 hours. Whole process took 6 days from application to interview, 4 days from interview to hire, and 5 days from hire to start training. About 2 weeks total.

Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Wareham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

fill out application on line call them if they do not call you within 1 week. At interview be willing to work any hours and days at any department and you have a good chance to get hired.

Interview Questions

• What days and hours are you willing to work?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer told you another clerk gave them a lower price.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

there really wasn't one, i walked in she said hello, left and i sat there for 30 miniatures jerking the gherkin after i gherked all over her face a hit her right in the "cat" it was a great experience

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Waterbury, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

It went well. The interviewer was nice. They asked me questions which I answered truthfully. I think the manager who interviewed me was experienced because the process went so smoothly. I felt very confident about the whole thing.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was fairly simple, the manager asked me about availability and what I would rather prefer, cashier or stock person. He was very kind and straight to the point. Overall, it was a good experience, if your nervous about it, don't be too much. It's nothing super special that they will kill you over it.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strongest attributes?   1 Answer