Stripe Backend/API Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Backend/API Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stripe

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

1) Applied with employee referral
2) Contacted by a recruiter, the recruiter asked a few questions to verify my resume. Told about the company, culture and the teams.
3) The recruiter sent an invite to fill my availabilities on an online calendar
4) I received an auto email to that confirms one of the date/times for the phone coding interview
5) I took the zoom video conference and coderpad coding interview and successfully completed the coding in the given time(including the writing tests). I had more than 25-30 minutes to chat with the interviewer after the solution submitted. I asked a few questions and completed the interview. And the interviewer said that I will be contacted for the next steps in this week by the recruiter
6) The day after the coding interview, I received an email that says "Thanks so much for taking the time to speak with us. We've had a chance to sync as a team and, unfortunately, we've decided not to move forward with your candidacy"
7) I asked if there is a mistake or not but no respond received.

The result is negative:
To be honest, I surprised. If they didn't like my resume, why they moved forward with the phone coding and why they wasted my time and their time.

Interview Questions

• Multiple operations on one dimensional array of hash records. (While writing this review, I still have the active coderpad link but not sharing.)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stripe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied Online, received an initial HR call request next day. Tech recruiter was nice. Answered all those "When and what " questions. Within next few days, setup a technical interview with a developer. They ask only 1 question. Implemented in O(n) complexity. interviewer was happy with the solution(may be he pretended but that is not professional). For a week no reply from HR then i sent multiple reminder and got an auto-reply mail with reject and no feedback eventhough my code ran as passed all the test cases. Moreover i asked interviewer if he looking for a more optimised approach, he replied "No, that the way to do it, i guess". After couple of mails the HR got back me with the message "we have very peculiar process, may be your code not organised or optimised or you probably have less expreince in the language you implemented the code ", (by the i asked many times interviewer if he is looking for any optimsed code also i have 3+ yrs of exprience in the language i coded) And no matter how you answer the question they reject you because basically they are a happy company who are not planning on hiring any candidates. It's a waste of time to attend those interviews. Basically they respect your time.

Interview Questions

• /*
       * Your previous Plain Text content is preserved below:
       * # Step 1 Throughout this interview, we'll pretend we're building a new
       * analytical database. Don't worry about actually building a database though –
       * these will all be toy problems.
       * Here's how the database works: all records are represented as maps, with
       * string keys and integer values. The records are contained in an array, in no
       * particular order.
       * To begin with, the database will support just one function: min_by_key. This
       * function scans the array of records and returns the record that has the
       * minimum value for a specified key. Records that do not contain the specified
       * key are considered to have value 0 for the key. Note that keys may map to
       * negative values!
       * Here's an example use case: each of your records contains data about a school
       * student. You can use min_by_key to answer questions such as "who is the
       * youngest student?" and "who is the student with the lowest grade-point
       * average?"
       * Implementation notes: You should handle an empty array of records in an
       * idiomatic way in your language of choice. If several records share the same
       * minimum value for the chosen key, you may return any of them.
       * ### Java function signature: ``` public static Map<String, Integer>
       * minByKey(String key, List<Map<String, Integer>> records); ```
       * ### Examples (in Python): ``` assert min_by_key("a", [{"a": 1, "b": 2}, {"a":
       * 2}]) == {"a": 1, "b": 2} assert min_by_key("a", [{"a": 2}, {"a": 1, "b": 2}])
       * == {"a": 1, "b": 2} assert min_by_key("b", [{"a": 1, "b": 2}, {"a": 2}]) ==
       * {"a": 2} assert min_by_key("a", [{}]) == {} assert min_by_key("b", [{"a":
       * -1}, {"b": -1}]) == {"b": -1} ```
       */   2 Answers

Backend/API Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and called by the recruiter. Scheduled an interview for 30 minutes. She was too nice to schedule each and everything. After the call I had a pair programming session with screen sharing with one Tech guy. He asked two questions and I did both of them and all the test cases were passed. 1st was just a simple and 2nd could be the followup of 1st one but I did in a different way. Both solutions worked perfectly. Next day I got email of rejection. I don't know what parameters they have to assess the coding test. Recruiter clearly said that goal is to check the correctness of the solution performance will not be evaluated. In general it was wastage of time.

Interview Questions

• 1) allocate and deallocate servers.: get the minimum number available for given list of servers.   Answer Question