Stripe Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 952 of over 952 interviews

Recruiter16%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Stripe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

There were many rounds and it was a very thorough interview process, but recruiters made it a pleasant and enjoyable one. There were a mix of technical, behavioral and situational rounds that were nicely segregated. Recruiters are kind enough to give feedback after rounds and prepare you well for the next round.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when one of your projects didn't go according to plan, how did you get it back on track?
    Answer Question

Stripe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

Very smooth and comfortable. Involves some DSA with more focus on industry practices. Each stage is well explained and is exactly as it is described in the docs provided to candidates.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Stripe

Join the conversation on

Tech

205.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Stripe~671932
Join the conversation on

Stripe

Application

I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

30 minute call with a recruiter. This is followed by a case study review based on a project from your portfolio or a project you’re proud of and want to share. No slides, just talking through it. Then a behavioural interview with a manager. Likely more rounds but didn’t get through.

Interview Questions
  • Walk us through a portfolio piece / case study (45min interview).

Stripe

Application

I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

The interview process was extensive with multiple rounds but that was helpful in terms of getting to know the team. I received thoughtful and fair interview questions without a lot curveballs nor non pertinent questions. I received timely feedback throughout the process. I didn’t have a ton of time to ask questions but the recruiter helped make themselves available.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stripe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

tldr: An exhausting and stressful process for feedback that equated to 'you didn't read our minds'. There was a take home project, an interview or two with a hiring manager, and then between 4-8 hrs of interviewing, which involved presenting my take home project. The whole process was a really big time sink. I get that companies really want to make sure they hire a good fit, but I also question when a company isn't able to hire a BIA without a very high amount of performance from the candidate. There was some serious 'letting perfect be the enemy of great' vibes here. Now granted, this was the first big interview process of my Job Search Ordeal, so I wasn't as polished as I could have been (and eventually was). However, the large tech company I ended up taking a job with did not put me through anything close to as stressful a process as Stripe's. Most of the people I spoke to were pleasant enough, but ultimately it seemed like a place where every decision is agonized over when they need not be. A *very* outside opinion, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Ultimately I don't think it would have been a great fit, so all's well that ends well. I did really enjoy meeting with the team hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • They gave me some data and asked to predict future numbers. There were three questions to answer. There was a customer experience session where they asked me questions related to churn and retention.
5 people found this interview helpful

Stripe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

Overall bad experience. Most of the interviewers seem disinterested, no enthusiasm when talking about the company. After the interviews the recruiter ghosted, the only feedback was a copy/paste reject over a week later. Emails asking for feedback or a follow-up call were all ignored. Coding Round The interviewer was fair enough. I just didn’t complete enough parts of the question. The frustrating part was 126 lines of markdown explaining the question. Unreasonable to expect someone to parse through that long of a problem description for a 30min problem. Given a String, split it into major parts separated by special char '/'. For each major part that’s split by '/', we can further split it into minor parts separated by '.'. # ### Example 1 # str = stripe.com/payments/checkout/customer.john.doe # minor_parts = 2 # after Part 1 compression # => # s4e.c1m/p6s/c6t/c6r.j2n.d1e # after Part 2 compression # => # s4e.c1m/p6s/c6t/c6r.j5e # ### Example 2 # Given: # str = www.api.stripe.com/checkout # minor_parts = 3 # (after Part 1 compression) # => # w1w.a1i.s4e.c1m/c6t # (then after Part 2 compression) # => # w1w.a1i.s7m/c6t Integration Round They supply two JSON files containing requestlog of charges made on Stripe API. You write a function to test them by replaying the request to a live API. Part 1 you compare the HTTP status code Part 2 you need to record and compare certain ID’s between requests. At first this seemed simple enough, wrote the code to do this, it wasn’t working so start debugging. Interviewer doesn’t appear to know what’s going on either. With 2 min left says something about the type of ID being different, as in you get say a Customer ID vs Charge ID. This wasn’t mentioned in the problem description or in the part 2 description. Manager Round This was quite annoying, the managers face was about ¾ in the camera. Like dude you ever zoomed before? He was constantly yawning during the interview and asking (unrelated) follow-up questions to give the appearance that he gave a crap.

Interview Questions
  • String compression Comparing API result and expected response
48 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

Disappointed, no follow up after interview. Interview 101 - if someone is unsuccessful it’s very easy to decline rather than no response. Interview etiquette is simple - I took time to speak to you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stripe

Application

I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

Applied via recruiter ping on LinkedIn. 1. Recruiter phone screen for 25 mins 2. Technical phone screen for 60 mins over Hackerrank or your personal IDE. 3. Onsite interviews will follow (couldn't get till here)

Interview Questions
  • Simple coding question on manipulation of data using HashMaps and Lists.

Stripe

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

First round with recruiter, then with someone on the team. Both 30 minutes. Team member asked about experience and different hypotheticals, but not a full case. Didn't have time to talk about role/company/culture much.

Interview Questions
  • The regular experience questions, questions about hypothetical businesses Stripe might want to enter.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (New York, NY)

Interview

The process was long and unorganized. To me this demonstrated what is wrong with the tech interview process and proved to me that this is not a place I would like to work. I received very positive feedback the entire way. Questions covered in the interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions for the first two interviews (one phone interview with hiring manager and another zoom interview with a colleague). The recruiter is supposed to prepare you for the on-site. In advance of the technical interview, you are supposed to receive a pre-read doc, which I never received until one hour before the interview, at which time the recruiter asked to reschedule the technical interview for the next day (you are supposed to get the doc multiple days in advance, not the night before). After 9 interviews total, I received a rejection email with no feedback. There is an overall lack of consideration for the time and effort candidates put forth into preparing for these interviews in addition to the fact that most people have full time jobs and other life responsibilities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 952 Interviews

Stripe Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Stripe as 44.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.06 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Account Executive and Recruiting Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Stripe takes an average of 27 days when considering 758 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 20 days), whereas Account Executive roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 32 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Stripe according to 758 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.78%