Stripe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stripe Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

I interviewed with Stripe at Grace Hopper. I solved the question fairly quickly and ran several tests on my solution. The engineer interviewing me told me I'd done a great job. I was then emailed by a recruiter one week later saying I wouldn't be moving on to the next round and got no other feedback, which was confusing given that my interviewer gave me positive feedback.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Dropped off resume at a university event and was contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later to set up a technical phone screen with two of their engineers. Interview questions were the same as these other reviews have mentioned. It was a little bit hard for me so I struggled, but the interviewers were both very nice and helpful throughout the whole thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stripe (Malden, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Same rejection happened here, only half an hour after interview. All test cases passed and interviewer gave a positive feedback. Fake interview no doubt, just wasted of time. Do not even worth to apply.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2017.

Interview

Hackerrank challenge of 60 mins. They followed up after like 2 months for a video technical interview. Sort of pair programming. I still don't know why they rejected as many candidates reported here. I was asked just on question and that too coded correctly in one go and passed all the test cases without taking any external help. They say that if needed, you can take help from external source and you have to share your screen all along the interview. It is pretty weird why they still reject. Waste of time really. Don't even bother preparing for the interview. The question is super easy.

Interview Questions

• Given an Listof HashMaps and a key, find the hashmap corresponding to minnimum value associated to that key.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a 30 minute call with a Sales Person who has only sold for a year and half in their entire career. I closed the individual and he couldn't tell me if he would recommend me moving forward and couldn't tell me what his concerns were.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe in September 2017.

Interview

Got a Hackerrank challenge and then the recruiter set up a phone interview with an engineer.
    The interview was on a platform called BlueJeans that did not work with my computer. Took me 10 minutes to set up. Got all questions correct but still was rejected several days later.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview contains 5 rounds interview, 2 coding, 1 manager chat, 1 bug fix, 1 system design.
    Interviews are very well designed. Coding questions are not hard but I think they really care about the code quality and your communication ability.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose computer science?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

The interviewer didn't say anything when I was explaining about my algorithm. He didn't provide any feedback through the interview. And I think it is very stupid to always ask one question. I don't really understand what they are looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stripe in August 2017.

Interview

I was submitted via internal referral. Had a pleasant chat with the recruiter, talking about Stripe and my career, as well as potential roles. Was then dismissed, with no explanation given. Given that I was an internal referral, this is particularly frustrating and disrespectful on the part of Stripe - do not waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career so far. General discovery questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview consisted of phone screen, written assignment (basic accounting memo) then in person meeting. Second round interview consisted of interview with 5 individuals. Overall interview process was very messy, some team members were reading questions off of some type of script and questions seemed not relevant to the job. Some of the question they asked were so basic they seemed like trick questions, others involved basic mental math. Interviewees wasted a lot of time with these trivial questions and i felt they did not actually ask enough real questions. Timing for the interviewers was also much to short for the role. Recruiters seemed disorganized. Overall I left the interview process with a poor outlook for the role itself based on the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• If 10 stock options vest evenly over 4 years how many options vest at the end of year 1.   2 Answers