Stripe Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 604 of over 604 interviews

Employee Referral21%
Recruiter13%
HardAverageEasy

Stripe

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

I completed a phone screen and technical screen with Stripe. For the tech screen the first portion of the question involved working with strings, I got through the part A and partly through part B. Overall the interviewer was skilled and kind so I had a good experience, although I was rejected. Definitely do your leetcode before interviewing with stripe!

Interview Questions
  • Write a function compute penalty that computes the total penalty given a server log (as a string) AND a time at which we removed the server from the network (call that variable remove_at_.
    1 Answer
3 people found this interview helpful

Stripe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

Their recruiter contacted me to set up an interview. I received a calendar invite. While I was waiting for the interview, she contacted me AFTER the interview was supposed to start to tell me she couldn't make it. Then she requested another time. I let her know that I was out on vacation the week after, but I could do it in 2 weeks. She called while I was on vacation and could not answer. She then ghosted me. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Send them a time, and they failed to call. Just so unprofessional.

Stripe

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me. Had an initial call with her then with the hiring manager. That was 4 weeks ago. Chased up but no reply... not the sort of Recruitment process I'd like to be a part of so win/win.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stripe

Application

I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

HR did not prepare me for the interview - they never responded to what the questions or interview process would like and had just mentioned that it will be product sense interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Stripe

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stripe in May 2021

Interview

Referrer by a friend working at the company. Then a recruiter call to talk about the role and my background. Followed up with a technical phone interview(1h). The phone interview is not a LC style, but a practical string processing hashmap problem. Use my own IDE and share screen via Zoom. The problem contains multiple steps and the interviewer post the next step when I finish each one. I completed all steps within the interview time frame with all test cases passed. Also write couple of test cases myself for thorough testing. Interviewer didn’t hint me to optimize anything but let me ask him questions when there are ~10min left. Next day got rejection. I asked for feedback but recruiter said they cannot provide any. Overall pretty frustrating about the outcome is different from what I thought I performed, and also not able to receive feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stripe

Application

I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

Phone screen was very easy but still got rejected. There’s one simple question asked and I needed to write unit tests as well. It was 2 parts and it was easy to test. No response from recruiter ever since.

Interview Questions
  • String prefix manipulation on supported languages in website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Stripe (Berlin)

Interview

Extremely unprofessional! I received a referral for a position in the Berlin office. I took a week to prepare for the interview. On the HR call, first thing discussed was " We do not have a position open for Berlin office, Are you open to move to London/Dublin?" . She adds "I assume you were open for relocation". How can you assume such a thing? I mean if the position was not open why would you schedule interviews without asking the candidate If he/she is open to move. Ask yourself- Would you be able to move countries in a 30 sec conversation??? This might seem like a small glitch. However, it took me 4 days to prepare, I turned down some opportunities by focusing on this one. Its 4 days of wasted effort. Advice to management- Train your HR department to understand the human quotient while doing their job. An employer does not have an upper hand while seeking talent. But like they say " You are not the last employer and a not the last employee".

Interview Questions
  • Are you open to move to another country??

Stripe

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

After the phone screen was a coding challenge. It wasn't too difficult, more about speed and good coding practices. I wasn't feeling my best however, so ran out of time before finishing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stripe

Application

I interviewed at Stripe

Interview

Rigorous, detailed, thorough. Stripe learns a lot about the company while sharing less details about the company. Probe hard on role and department details, as well as company culture and management style

Interview Questions
  • Several mini case studies were posed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

Had a series of interviews that went really well with the exception of the final hiring manager interview. She asked me one question and it was clear she tuned out of the rest. It was obvious I didn't get it. What was really annoying was I had discussed this gap with the recruiter and could have been screened out early on. So I got a sense they were happy to waste my time. Question was in relation to the scope of my current role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 604 Interviews