Stripe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.1

Risk Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Non-Existent. I applied through Linkedin. I am one of the better known and experienced people in the risk/payments field and they didn't even give me a call back. I have nearly 10 years experience doing that EXACT thing as well as experience using their own system and apparently I was "not a match" for the position. That type of "recruiting" is what you can see others complaining about on here where they only hire former Twitter people with little to know experience. Looks like I dodged a bullet! I hope for their sake that the listing was for a sponsor because the pickings are pretty slim for this position and if I am not a match, likely no one else that works at a high level in it in the Bay Area is either. Guess we'll see who winds up in my classes at MRC taking notes!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

The recruiter Jill was great and always on her A game. The process: recruiter call, team member call, take home exercise/homework, review of exercise/homework with a current AM team member, onsite. Onsite consists of 6 people in 45 minute intervals. It was an intense schedule and each interviewee asked different questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The on-site interview included collaborative, white-board architectural systems design, live debugging of a code base, from scratch programming of integration tests, and interpersonal/team questions. All interviewers were competent, prepared, and helpful. One interview had a shadow participant that observed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to find the source of a failing test and devise a fix in a popular open source library. The bug was a subtle one, and the fix was non-obvious and allowed for multiple approaches.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two coding questions. The interview was a google chat for a 45 min interval, Was asked to provide test cases. the second question was basically an extension of the first question

Sales Operations Interview

Interview

The process involved several steps, including a take home project and presentation to several executives. The onsite was a full day and involved a 1-1 culture fit lunch. Process was relatively efficient and the team was communicative.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style and how have you lead a team through a challenging situation?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after about two weeks I was contacted to set up a phone screening. The phone screening took place the following week and that same afternoon I was contacted for onsite. Onsite happened after a month because of Christmas and one week after it I got an email saying that they would not move forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• One of the question asked me to implement a replay test with a pre-recorded JSON file. Basically I just needed to parse the JSON file into HTTP requests, send them to the right address and compare the response with the record.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stripe (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a Google Hangout interview. The interview went really smoothly. The interviewer was nice and helped me when I got tripped up. I heard that I got the on-site the same day.

At the on-site, I had multiple interviews including coding, system design, HTML requests, a manager talk, and debugging. Unlike most of the other interviews I've had where interviewers are rushed and not paying attention to you, almost all my interviewers at Stripe were very friendly and welcoming. They were down to earth and talked with me through problems, helping me out on the tiny, nitpicky bugs that I would have gotten stuck on by myself. You can search for things and use documentation. Overall, it really felt like they were assessing your skills as a software engineer, and not just how quick you can write bug-free code for some trivial backtracking or dynamic-programming problem.

Hands-down, Stripe has been the best company I've interviewed for, and I've interviewed for many of the big tech companies and rising startups. I had conversations with my interviewers, talked about my career goals with engineering managers, and learned new things. Stripe has a great culture, and I'm excited to work there.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had one remote skype around, then a half-day of on-sites. I really enjoyed my remote round.

My on-site experience was not pleasant. Some of my interviewers had their minds elsewhere, pushing code while I was talking or whatnot. Moreover, none of my interviewers knew my schedule for the day, and I found out that I had no breaks scheduled during my 4 hours at the company. Thus, it was impossible to take any breaks without reducing my time in the current interview, or pushing back/delay an unknown number of subsequent interviews. I left the office at 1:45 pm, without being fed lunch.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stripe in October 2016.

Interview

Skype phone interview. Structure was 3-4 minutes of introduction, then straight into one coding exercise, then you get to ask as many questions as you like to the interviewer (who was nice).

Interview Questions

• Write a function(int[]) -> int that returns the lowest unassigned integer. For example [] -> 1 (empty set), [1] -> 2, [5, 3, 1] -> 2. Basically just sort the array, iterate, and compare current and previous. If there is a gap then that's your number.   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stripe.

Interview

Applied online and within minutes received reply saying saying thanks but no thanks.

Asked for feedback as to what may be off and was told they were looking for someone with a different skill set and background - I pointed out the JD does not even state this.

The job description calls for someone with ABC skill set and yet when that person with ABC and more applies you're saying they also need hidden skill set XYZ?