Sumo Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sumo Logic Interview Questions

Interviews at Sumo Logic

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was great! Offer letter in hand exactly 7 days from my very first phone interview with the recruiter. The process was quick and simple. So great that I have already referred a previous coworker.

Interview Questions

• VP of Sales asked "How would you sell your current product to me?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial contact was with recruiter via Linkedin. Had a call with him to discuss position and then an initial interview over the phone with a regional manager the next day. After that, I had a 3 part interview onsite later that week. First with a peer, second with SE management, and finally with another regional sales manager. Each took about half an hour. Very straightforward process requiring critical thinking and self assessment, but nothing outside the peel. Finally had to present their product to a sales director via gotomeeting. This may seem a bit daunting, but keep in mind they are not looking for perfection. What they really want is a mix of product comprehension and a sign that you know what you're doing when running a meeting. A little creativity doesn't hurt. I received an offer the same day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Present SumoLogic to a prospective SaaS client.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I scheduled a call with the Corporate Sales Director. He called me and we discussed my basic background and experience and he asked why I wanted to work at Sumo Logic. He then brought me in for an in-person interview. During that interview I met with the two managers of my team. They had different techniques, asking about my experience but mainly asking me why I thought I would be a good fit. Then I met with the VP of Sales a few days later and received a job offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• What would your parents, siblings and best friend say are your worst qualities?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

They clearly thought out the interview process. I was happy to know they invested different roles into the interview process. Here is Sumo Logic's Sales interview Process:
    Recruiter Screening
    Hiring Manager Phone Review
    Onsite with Hiring Manager, Engineer, Sales Peer
    Presenting Sumo Logic to the Director

Interview Questions

• They asked me about prospecting strategy, and how I would build a territory from scratch. Sales at Sumo Logic is mostly outbound/new logo prospecting, not inbound qualification.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone Screen
    Face to Face with Peers/Manager
    Face to Face with Director/VP Sales
    Presentation of Product

The process took about 3 weeks from start to finish. Multiple phases to the interview process that included a full presentation on Sumo Logic at the end. Was a difficult process to ensure top quality sales reps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the biggest obstacles you've overcome in your life   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Sumo Logic was one of the fastest and most efficient interview process that I have ever been through. First call with the recruiter was about a 20 min high level call. I didn't know much about the company so the rep provided a lot of compelling information and references for me to research the company. Second call with one of the hiring managers was about 30 minutes. A down to earth, get to know each other type call. My experience and the company culture fit was on target. Next was a 3 part on-site interview with a current CSM, supporting SE and another hiring manager. Each interview was 1-on-1 for about 30 minutes. The interviewers were very helpful in describing the culture and day to day activity around the position applying for. Interviewers were open and honest and I got a good feel for the attitude and personalities in the office. I was drawn to the high energy and fast paced attitude. Questions were very thoroughly designed to dig into what makes me who I am as a sales rep at my core. It was a very welcoming and comfortable setting. The last step was a GoToMeeting! where I gave a 30 min presentation to the Director and VP of Global Sales followed by a Q and A for about 15 minutes. Feedback I got from the leadership was very consistent with previous interviewers. It is clear that everyone in the sales org at Sumo Logic is running as a tight knit team with a unified message. I received a verbal offer about 4 hours later and the final offer came the following morning.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as your greatest accomplishment as a sales professional?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Recruiter Contacted me for phone call from Manager of Corporate Sales, passed
    3 On-site with 3 members of Corporate Sales Team
    4. PowerPoint Presentation to Director of Sales
    5. Offer

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (San Mateo, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was recruited via LinkedIn for this position. As I was actually looking to get into this field and my internship at another company was ending, I proceeded with the process. The phone interview with the recruiter went very well, as did the next phone interview with the hiring manager. However, when I arrived for the in person interview, the Sales Manager seemed for interested in the vacation he just got back from. He seemed tired and bothered. He had unprofessional habits. They didn't even reserve a room for me. The first 15 minutes he was running around their office trying to find an open room. After the interview, I followed up for about 3 weeks with absolutely no response. The sales manager and hiring manager both were unresponsive. The recruiter finally told me that they went in a different direction. I asked for feedback and they had absolutely none. Terrible! Advise: go with Splunk

Interview Questions

• What's your current day to day look like?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I went to my first interview feeling like the role I was applying for and the stage of the company might not be the right fit . Met with all leadership and colleagues I would interact with. Smart, engaged and passionate about the vision of the company and what they do. Questions were simple to intense. They do their due diligence to ensure you are qualified for the role and most importantly, fit within the culture. Very deep bench of experience for a young company. Without a doubt, the most respectful and engaging interview process I've been a part of. Although they are a late stage start up, their process is better than most established companies. They wowed me, and by the time it was all over, it was the place for me. I'm excited to see how this company disrupts the industry.

Interview Questions

• What is a current weakness in your leadership style and how are you working to overcome it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

The recruiter set it up pretty well. I went for a 2 hour onsite first level screening at their redwood city offices. There were two interviews of 1 hour each. Each interview consisted of going over some of the interesting work that I have done and one data structure question. The first interviewer was yawning and I saw many times that he dozed off while I was talking. He asked me standard BST checking to code and at the end said great since I was able to write the code without any bugs. Second interviewer was a chinese guy and I was unable to understand why he was talking to me. He was constantly telling he why i may not be a good fit blah blah...was a pathetic experience for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will fit in this company?   2 Answers