Sun Life Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun Life Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

It was a scripted interview and the woman read off of a question sheet. She manipulated the questions to go along with what my resume said. They were basic behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself and what are challenges have you faced and how those challenges were over come. Very nice people that do the interviewing and guided you along through the interview process making it a much better experience.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face when working with your previous job and give an example of how you overcame them   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sun Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Newton, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a superday composed mainly of general fit questions followed by a group case study. Seem to be looking for upbeat, articulate, intellectually curious candidates. Company was incredibly helpful in orchestrating logistics from my university which is located a bit off the beaten path, to their HQ.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge
      Tell me about a time you failed
      Describe the relevance of a company like 23andMe to work in health insurance   Answer Question

Received a more competitive offer in a different field

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university's resume drop and attended two info sessions before the interview. The interview was completely behavioral and followed a set script. The two interviewers were young and didn't seem to have much experience conducting interviews. I got a very generic vibe from the employees I spoke with and felt like they use this program to mold people exactly into what they want their middle management to look like.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life in September 2015.

Interview

First stage: online video interview
    You are asked 4 questions. For each one you get 45 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to give your answer. Questions were behavioural based around:
    - your self-awareness,
    - your customer service skills
    - your teamwork skills
    - how you manage complex situations, and deadlines.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you went above and before for a client or team?   Answer Question

had a better offer

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

4 Video Interview Questions, One in person interview. I was told to return for the final round of the interview following the my in person interview, only to be called by an HR employee who told me it was a misunderstanding and I was not in fact making it to the final interview stage. Extremely unprofessional.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a quick online interview where you watch a video of someone asking you a question, then need to respond within a given timeframe. If I recall correctly, they give you around 15 seconds of prep time then around a minute to respond. Afterwards I had an in person interview with two people.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sunlife? Why Sunlife? Why this program?

Name a difficult decision you had to make in a group? Describe a time when you acted as a leader?
      Most challenging aspect from work experience?   Answer Question

I had a better offer

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Standard set of behavioral questions. Very friendly interviewers - First Round consists of an HR Recruiter and someone from the business. Questions are standard across candidates and the flow of the interview was more of a question-answer type.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult decision you had to make at a point in time   Answer Question

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

First round is behavioural. 2 interviewers. Easy company questions such as why SunLife, why this program. Simple situational questions such as "tell me about a time you were leading a team", "... worked in a team", how I manage school and extracurricular activities, most challenging aspect from work experience and how I handled it. Second round is a networking session at SunLife location. I believe there is a 1 on 1 final round with the executives afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a change in responsibilities and how you handled it   Answer Question

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life in November 2011.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email informing me of the opportunity for an on-campus interview. The interview was conducted by 2 SL employees - one HR and one from business, and comprised of approximately 45 minutes of behavioural questions. After a few days or so, I was notified by phone that I had made it to the second round, which would be held in their HQ in downtown Toronto and consisted of a day's worth of activities, including 2 interviews (each conducted by 2 people - 1 HR and 1 from business), as well as breakfast, lunch, networking, and listening to SL executives speak.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question