What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Haven’t started yet but seems to be good company that will allow a good work/life balance" (in 309 reviews)
- "Good benefits and pension plan" (in 289 reviews)
- "Great for people with low to no corporate work experience Great place for people looking to switch from liberal arts to business/finance/insurance" (in 227 reviews)
- "good culture and respects employees" (in 134 reviews)
- "Flexible, work from home potential, cafeteria and gym on" (in 111 reviews)
- "Unfortunately base salary is low with no real climb" (in 112 reviews)
- "Poor management; should listen and address employees' concerns" (in 111 reviews)
- "Some managers who are incompetent and who do not recognize hard work and do not promote deserving employees" (in 59 reviews)
- "Senior management has allowed this to carry on for years on end." (in 21 reviews)
- "Upper management is aware, but unwilling to step up and do anything about it." (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sun Life and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,979 of over 4K reviews
Updated Sep 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 21, 2023Claims Specialist IIFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsScarborough, ME
Lots of overtime available, great coworkers, management is really supportive
Dealing with claimants can be stressful
- 4.0Sep 30, 2023Client Services SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDallas, TX
The benefits, company culture, and most coworkers are nice and helpful. My direct managers seemed to actually care about the employees, their success and well-being.
This position is a call center position. That may be for some people but it wasn't for me at all, I was miserable. I found myself working after hours (without pay) to finish up what I wasn't able to in-between calls. As mentioned, management does care, but they have a job to watch our performance. And performance = limit time off the phones to do after call work. Seems that's all they care about, because that's what THEIR higher ups are watching for from them... I hated the lack of time to do good work for the clients. It seemed like quantity over quality, and that's just not me.
I have an interview with Lockton today for Stop Loss Underwriting. I am planning on disclosing my disability but part of me doesn't want to so I can solidify this position. Then again my disability affects how I process information everyday so I guess honesty is best. How is the disability culture at lockton? Are they compassionate and forgiving? Had a horrible experience at Sun Life so I don't have much trust in other insurance companies when it comes to disability rights. I'm very nervous.
Anyone here work for Sun Life? I am trying to find the salary for a Senior Specialist in Integrated Absence and STD. I have searched and found very little. I have found similar titles but the salary posted varies anywhere from 55-100,000. TIA!
Sun Life Reviews FAQs
Sun Life has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 3,794 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Sun Life to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
72% of Sun Life employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sun Life 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.