Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Most all the questions were behavioral. Be prepared to go into your resumee in detail as they will ask you about past internships and projects. I had two phone interviews one day after the other and heard back from them within 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to approach a familiar problem differently.   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sun Life (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter took about 15 minutes. Received email to setup in person interview the following day. In person interview lasted about an hour. A manager and assistant director conducted the interview and were somewhat informative about the role. Asst director informed me that a decision would be made within two weeks. No follow up from HR 3+ weeks later.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Brief and easy going. My interviewer was super nice and we had a great conversation! They responded very quickly. It was all done through my campus recruiting so I had an in person interview and no phone interview.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The HR representative was friendly, informative and welcoming. She interviewed me briefly before setting up the interview in the specific department. The department head had several questions pertaining to time management, ways of approaching work, strengths and weaknesses, and areas of growth . The traits required for the position were provided.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

Interview was very easy. I had three interviews. It was a process. Initial interview was with the junior manager who found my resume after finding it online. The next interview was a few days later with mid level manager. Third interview was with Branch Manager. The interviews were very easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to make a hard decision.

What are three of your worst qualities?

What are three of your best qualities?   1 Answer

Internal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (New York, NY).

Interview

awful. too many people to interview with. some were clueless. never applying there again. I wouldn't spend your time as even the people interviewing me were talking bad about other departments and other people in the company.

Talent Acq Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The HR Manager scheduled a phone interview and then a 2 part interview process. I did not make it to the interview process however, they did not let me know that they just ignored all my calls/emails and didnt contact me again.

Long Term Disability Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Worcester, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, then drove 3 hours to be interviewed by 2 managers. Interview seemed to go well. Some behavioral questions, some open-ended discussion of my qualifications and experience. We spoke for over an hour and they seemed interested, said they would be in touch. I sent thank-you notes immediately. I never heard another word. Disappointing after the amount of time and expense I invested in applying for the job.

RLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was contacted by a lady in HR about 2 weeks after applying for the position. The woman was very nice, asked mostly behavioral questions. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was invited to the second round a week later. Overall pretty easy. Make sure you have a general understanding about the company.

Asset Management Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview
    Pretty basic interview. Begin with logistical questions and then behavioral questions. The overall process took about 40 minutes.
    Questions were pretty much basic behavioral questions: why Sun Life and why this program? Why did you choose this college and this major? What is your biggest achievement? One challenge during a past internship experience.