Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.5

CNA/Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Very easy interview. There was a meeting with the hiring manager followed by a background check and drug screening. The entire process took several weeks but they had informed me of their interest in hiring me during the meeting.

Executive Director Interview

Interview

Six interviews (one in person, the rest on the phone)! Everyone I spoke to said "if you can make it through the first year, you'll stay forever". Well I didn't.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist in the sales process? I had very little sales experience.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Easy interview. Very casual but thorough. They asked the usual interview questions. I had to come in for a second interview to meet the team. That interview was very casual as well however, the supervisor was in the room. It was uncomfortable asking about her management style.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a heavy workload?   1 Answer
    • Describe your previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable.

Cna/Med Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Online application, also submitted resume and certificates. Went in for in person interview, whereby manager mentioned positive attitude and teamwork were good assets for success. Manager also asked about any previous medical or caregiver experience. They were willing to train for technical, but personality is the most important aspect.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult work relationships?   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was good, went very smoothly. I was offered the job on the spot since I had the qualifications. It was not hard at all. I am glad I work at Sunrise!

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an unhappy family member or resident?   1 Answer

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes and was pretty basic. The interviewer was nice. I spoke with the activities assistant first, then spoke with the executive director. I did most of the talking and answered basic questions about my experience and reasons for wanting to work at Sunrise.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous experience?
      Why did I want to work at Sunrise?
      Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briarcliff Manor, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Briarcliff Manor, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Great interview. Thoughtful explanation of the position and the requirements. Very clear on the expectations. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the demeanor of the executive director. Felt there was a joint effort by all and seemed to have a family vibe.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my prior experience and how it would relate to the current position. Wanted to know what attributes that I had the would help support my role.   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Seal Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online then I got an email for an interview. The interview was a group interview. Each person was asked them same questions that the interviewer asked. It took about 40 minutes. Then the department manager talked to me and invited me for a job preview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of a difficult day at your job and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was suppose to be a group interview but unfortunately I was late because I was nervous and overestimated how much time I had I showed up 30 mins late and I was luckily still given an interview one on one the manager did mention it was a pet peeve of theirs to not be on time so I had a rough start. Anyhow right off the bat I was told how much I'd be making, was told the responsibilities of the job, and how long the university training would take for the job itself which was said to be 2-3 weeks plus an hour preview to be able to watch the floor I was offered to work on and also given the opportunity to talk to the employees who already worked there. Luckily I took the initiative to come in 2 days later to talk to the actual hiring manager (I waited 30 minutes because the front desk lady went on break and forgot to tell the manager I was waiting for them) and we had a chat they asked me some questions and I guess they liked me because I got to do the preview. After that I came in twice to fill in paper work(I Suggest coming in with your updated resumes and references and past residences) , I had to get 2 tb tests done which took 2 weeks , I am currently waiting approval from another state that had a strict background checks -this is going on week 3 .[ I highly suggest sending thank-you notes to your interviewers as well as bringing in an updated resume with 5 references you will need them later so make copies. Also follow up if you really want the job ask if their is anything you can do on your part show them you want the job. Be sure to tell them how you found out about the job and tell them why your a good fit.] As for being in-between jobs if you don't have a job just be warned it can be a lengthy process because they are looking for qualified and quality employees I'm guessing that's why the process is so lengthy. In addition to this they make your references do a quick survey online or if they prefer not to do it they will call them.

Interview Questions

• How do you redirect a sun downing patient?   1 Answer

Interview

Interviewed the ED and the management team. After that I interviewed with the regional nurse and regional operations manager via phone. They all asked questions about why I feel I am best fit for the job. Everyone was very nice and professional