Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2018

2.5

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

I was hired on the spot. I was asked if i knew how to answer a phone and if I would be available to start as soon as possible since they had just fired the previous concierge. Three others quit right after getting hired which should have been a red flag. More that 30 different employees have come and gone that same month.

Interview Questions

• Can you start this week?   2 Answers
    • Do you know how to answer a phone?   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions on site at their McLean office with manager. The manager is friendly. Gave some introduction of their internship program and company and asked some behavioral question like "introduce yourself" and "what would you do if you ...."

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2018.

Interview

Good interview and good questions were asked. I will have to see what the next round of interviews will look like but Glassdoor is very helpful in navigation of the questions to anticipate.

Business Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Columbia, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

Started off with a brief phone screening, where they ask a couple of questions. For instance, what are your goals and what do you know about the community/company. If they like you they invite you to an in-person interview. This part is more behavioral questions and they look to see your answers. Depending on the job they may have you do a 2nd in-person interview with the regional person.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? What do you know about the community/company? Name a time where you made a mistake and how you corrected it? When was a time you went above and beyond with a resident?   Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Plainview, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was invited to attend an interview (good). Lots of residents were sitting quietly in wheelchairs in the lobby (bad sign). No one was present at the reception desk or approached me (not good), so I had to find a member of staff who escorted me into a room where I waited for the interviewer who was 15 minutes late (red flag) and just asked me to tell her about myself.
    No specific questions asked about my background, nor was any tour of the facility provided (another red flag). Since no salary was mentioned (very bad), I enquired at the end my 'interview', she said that she couldn't give me an answer, but invited me back for a second interview.
    A few days later, I called before the 2nd interview and enquired about the salary. When told me that they couldn't discuss it over the phone and I postponed the interview. About an hour later, I received a rejection email, so no 2nd interview (Good!) :-)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

It was short and sweet. It was a group interview. However, it ended up being just me and one other person. They started off by telling us about the position and giving us a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself and my relevant experience.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Submitted application, scheduled two separate interviews with the talent acquisition team. From time-to-submittal to onsite interviews the process took approximately a month.

Once I had my first onsite interview, the process moved quickly. Less than a week to wrap up all onsite offers with an offer.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me about...” This organization is looking for behaviors and cultural fit that will solidify you are the right person for the job. Prepare to address all aspects of your career background as this relates to your responses. Situation, action, resolution.   Answer Question

Part-Time Associate Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was incredibly disappointed with how disorganized and unprofessional the interview process was. I was contacted a month after my initial interview for a job shadowing and then had a phone interview a week later and was told I would be given a formal job offer soon. However, the formal job offer did not reflect what had been discussed in interviews. After bringing this to their attention, it took over a week for them to respond that the changes would remain and on top of that, there was an additional change in how the hours would be scheduled. All this three months after the initial interview when I had been told something different.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience in which I had to work with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in February 2018.

Interview

Met with Ms. Marina Cruz who was very friendly and nice. They really needed a night shift nurse asap, so she just told me straight forward what to expect, and what I would need to do to prepare. I have no experience, but she was willing to train me. After the interview, she gave me a tour of the facility, and introduced me to the staff. Overall the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Concierge P/T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Called to come for a group interview. Applicants were applying for various openings. Watched a corporate overview video then introduced ourselves to the interviewer. Best have your own "sound bite" self-introduction and what you bring to the table.