Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Administrator called to schedule the interview. He left a voicemail as I missed his call. I returned his call within 30 minutes. He called back 2 days later. He needed me to "come in tomorrow. I'm trying to squeeze everyone in tomorrow. I need this done before Monday." Ummm, okay. When I arrived to the interview, I was shocked to see the Administrator in jeans and a baggy t-shirt. I arrived about 20 mins early. The DON was supposed to be a part of the interview but she never made it. The Administrator actually had my resume mixed up with another candidate. He was asking me questions about a background that did not belong to me in the least bit. Needless to say, I guess he had already found the right candidate before I got there. What a waste of gas. Of course I didn't hear back from him. Nice guy though. Not as professional as I personally like.

Interview Questions

• None. Told me about his background. Started as a CNA. Went to nursing school. Been Administrator maybe 4 years. Cool story bro.   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Willowbrook, IL).

Interview

Interview process takes a long time. Phone interview, group interview, personal interview with potential manager, personal interview with executive director of building. Other positions require an interview with the regional manager. My whole process took over three months to finish based off of the building's managers/executive director's schedules. All questions were based off of past experiences in a work place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a coworker.   1 Answer

CNA/Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Very easy interview. There was a meeting with the hiring manager followed by a background check and drug screening. The entire process took several weeks but they had informed me of their interest in hiring me during the meeting.

Executive Director Interview

Interview

Six interviews (one in person, the rest on the phone)! Everyone I spoke to said "if you can make it through the first year, you'll stay forever". Well I didn't.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist in the sales process? I had very little sales experience.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Easy interview. Very casual but thorough. They asked the usual interview questions. I had to come in for a second interview to meet the team. That interview was very casual as well however, the supervisor was in the room. It was uncomfortable asking about her management style.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a heavy workload?   1 Answer
    • Describe your previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable.

Cna/Med Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Online application, also submitted resume and certificates. Went in for in person interview, whereby manager mentioned positive attitude and teamwork were good assets for success. Manager also asked about any previous medical or caregiver experience. They were willing to train for technical, but personality is the most important aspect.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult work relationships?   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was good, went very smoothly. I was offered the job on the spot since I had the qualifications. It was not hard at all. I am glad I work at Sunrise!

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an unhappy family member or resident?   1 Answer

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes and was pretty basic. The interviewer was nice. I spoke with the activities assistant first, then spoke with the executive director. I did most of the talking and answered basic questions about my experience and reasons for wanting to work at Sunrise.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous experience?
      Why did I want to work at Sunrise?   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briarcliff Manor, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Briarcliff Manor, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Great interview. Thoughtful explanation of the position and the requirements. Very clear on the expectations. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the demeanor of the executive director. Felt there was a joint effort by all and seemed to have a family vibe.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my prior experience and how it would relate to the current position. Wanted to know what attributes that I had the would help support my role.   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Seal Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online then I got an email for an interview. The interview was a group interview. Each person was asked them same questions that the interviewer asked. It took about 40 minutes. Then the department manager talked to me and invited me for a job preview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of a difficult day at your job and how did you handle it?   1 Answer