Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were 6 of us, and we were asked (individual) questions based on what was written on our resume; basically it was to clarify any questions they had about it. They also gave us scenarios that we had to provide an explanation about what we would do. The interview was only about 30 minutes. At the end, I was taken back to the office and was immediately offered the job and actually shadowed someone on that same day. During their interviews, they're looking at your personality and character over everything! You have to have a personality that fits the company (fun, loving, caring, passionate, hardworking, maybe even silly, enthusiastic, and jovial).

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Sunrise and our residents?   1 Answer
    • If you saw resident, who is known to be highly aggressive and requires a walker, walking down the hall with his shoes untied and is without his walker, what would you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

It was short and sweet. It was a group interview. However, it ended up being just me and one other person. They started off by telling us about the position and giving us a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself and my relevant experience.   Answer Question

Patient Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend for the job and so after i submitted my resume I got an interview immediately. You interview with the coordinator who asks you different, random, questions off a list they have. Then they sit down with the Lead Care Managers and ask them if they think you are what they are looking for. If you get the job they usually call you back that same day with an offer.

Assisted Living Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

I attended a job fair. At the even the human resource staff was conducting interviews and would push likely candidates to interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

It started with a phone screening. Then it was a 3 part interview. Interviewed first with HR. Then AED and ALC. Then with ED. After interviews, there was the drug screen and background check. The entire process was about 2 and a half months.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interviewed the ED and the management team. After that I interviewed with the regional nurse and regional operations manager via phone. They all asked questions about why I feel I am best fit for the job. Everyone was very nice and professional

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was unorganized with off the wall questions. Interviewer was inappropriate at times. Unlike any other interview I'd had before. The group part of it was weird. The other coordinators had a say so if they wanted to work with you or not.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a crisis. Do I have a problem with discipline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a pay cut. Company wasn't able to pay my usual salary.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The executives will never be honest in reference to what one is facing when being interviewed for this position. They will not reveal the culture in the facility nor the attitude of the existing management. They will tell you they want change, but will not back you up after being hired.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2018.

Interview

Good interview and good questions were asked. I will have to see what the next round of interviews will look like but Glassdoor is very helpful in navigation of the questions to anticipate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Arlington, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Applying online is straightforward via the online jobs search and application portal. After applying, an HR representative contacted me before setting up a one on one phone interview with future employer. After 2 rounds of phone interviews, an in-person interview was secured after which I was offered the position.

Internal Audit Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions on site at their McLean office with manager. The manager is friendly. Gave some introduction of their internship program and company and asked some behavioral question like "introduce yourself" and "what would you do if you ...."