Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.5

Senior Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied for the position via their website, and their Corporate Recruiter contacted me the next week to set up a phone interview. It was quick, easy and straight-forward. I then was scheduled for another phone interview with the person who would be my direct boss. That one also went well and I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the headquarters. The process, from the application date until the in-person interview, took a little over 2 weeks. I met with the team, went over my background/qualifications, asked/answered questions, received a tour of the office, and thought everything went well. I was told I would be contacted regarding their decision within the next two weeks, and I never heard anything back. After all the time I took to interview with their company, it seems it would be common courtesy to just reach out and say that they had chosen another candidate, even a generic rejection email at the least. This experience has definitely negatively impacted my view of the company. My advice would be that if you are going through the interview process with them, do not halt your job search, even if it seems promising.

Interview Questions

• What type of managing style do you prefer?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

In-person interview; quick process, few questions regarding handling situations in a dining room and working with others, lots of paperwork. Group setting interview. Unprepared HR person conducting interview, seemed frazzled and not organized. Not very helpful front desk staff, either

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Seven interviews over four months. First was called in for a group interview directly followed by an interview with a care coordinator. Then was called back two times for 2 separate job previews. Was called back again to meet with the executive director. Then over the next two weeks met with 2 regional directors separately.

Process was way too long and I do not recommend if you are currently unemployed.

Interview Questions

• All open ended questions. Make sure to stand out with a firm handshake and eye contact.
       "Tell me about a time when you were dealing with a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

The process was long but rewarding. I went to a group interview first, however I did not get a call back so I decided to go to another group interview. I also sent a thank you letter for the interview. I was very persistent. Finally I got a call back! So always be persistent, never giver up and remember, no news is good news!

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

did an app online and got called in for a group interview,the facility is very nice and the lady that did the interview was very nice and she mostly just told us about the company and asked what shift were we look for and what hours..she said that she was going to give all of us a call to do a job shadow...the hiring process is way too long especially if you are looking for something right away

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Paramus, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was super quick lasted about 15 minuets . I interviewed with the director of of nursing and then I was interviewed by the executive director of the company.

Interview Questions

• -Are you comfortable passing meds to large groups of people?
      -What experience do you have working with the geriatric population?
      -How comfortable are you with dealing with emergency situations?   Answer Question

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Willowbrook, IL).

Interview

The interviews take some time. The first interview is with group and the next step were two other interviews. one with a manager and one with an executive manager. The environment was great.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Gabriel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (San Gabriel, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied as a care manager and got called the next day to go in for a group interview. When I went in for the group interview it was only one other girl and myself. The supervisor asked us about our experience in our old job and she had us fill out a sheet of paper that asked questions about us and what schedule we wanted. An hour after the interview I got a call back to go in for a job preview. I'm still waiting to get a second interview.

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayland, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Wayland, MA).

Interview

The interview process was very quick and efficient. They knew exactly what they were looking for and what they needed. They were very transparent with how Sunrise operates and were very willing to offer other opportunities (such as concierge work and Life Enrichment work) based on our interests.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

First interview was a group interview with other people applying for a variety of positions. You just sit in the main lobby area & everybody talks about their past experience. You kind of have to shove yourself into the conversation to make yourself memorable. If they like you, in 3-4 days someone will call you for another interview. Always get there early because there is NO parking ever available on-site, so you have to park across the street at a gas station & walk really far to the building. Second interview was one on one with a manager. It was relaxed enough & fairly informal. A week later, I called to follow up, as the manager told me she'd contact me in 1-2 days, but never did. It took some effort to get in touch with her. I then had to shadow a current employee for 2 hours to make sure I was truly interested in the position. A couple days later, I was asked to come in to fill out paperwork then go take a drug and TB test. Then a background check a few days later. Overall it was a lengthy process but not a negative experience. They only have 1 person who does all the hiring paperwork & she's rarely there. It appears that's the bottleneck with the hiring process.