Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

First I participated in a group interview with 6 other candidates which was more along the lines of getting to know you. I then had a 1 on 1 interview with the AL coordinator, which last maybe 15-20min and I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Detroit, MI) in February 2020.

Interview

It looks the interviewer was not ready. We needed to move to a different place as the facilities were busy. He interviewed 2 candidates at one time. He presented a video to watch then asked questions based on that. The interview went well but the questions were not equally presented to those 2 candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you work in a team to accomplish the goal.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

It took forever from the time I submitted my resume until I was contacted. Then it took additional time to arrange for in person interviews. And I had to drive all over for 3 additional interviews

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

It was a group interview where we all answered the same question regardless of the position applied for. I didn't know it was going to be a group interview and didn't mind when I showed up. However, It doesn't make sense to interview everyone as a group if that person isn't applying for the same positions. Caregivers, managers and housekeepers were answering the same question during the interview. It took a long time especially because some of the applicants didn't speak or understand English. After the interview, we were told the ones moving forward had to have ANOTHER one on one interview with a hiring manager. That is a complete waste of time. People have lives. Look at the resumes and schedule a one on one to decide who you want to hire.

Life Enrichment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2019.

Interview

Very relaxed. The ladies made the very comfortable. Made the interview more like a conversation then strict back and forth questions. Very nice woman. Best advice to give was show a lot of personality and just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What was the nicest thing You’ve done for someone   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Smooth and quick process. About half day interviews with 5- 6 people. Very flexible with availability. Asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Writing sample or past presentations may be required

Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

interviewing with the department manager, around 30 minutes, talked a lot about the audit, IT audit, received the result in a week. Have many questions about IT, it is more like an IT position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Sacramento, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

It's been good so far. They are very respectful people and the employees seem to have good ethics. The people who interviewed me also were very nice and good smiles on their faces.

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Oakton, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

The woman interviewing me kept going back and forth saying it was full time, then saying it's only part time. She hired me on the spot and then got mad when I asked for the weekend to think about it. Long story short did not end up working there. Thank goodness.

Assistant Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Prairie Village, Johnson, KS).

Interview

I went in for 2 interviews, both in person. The first time, the person interviewing me forgot so I waited in the lobby for upwards of half an hour. 2nd interview was with the sales director on intake of new clients, not too bad. Pretty quick because I got the gist of the job and didn't have that many questions. After that, I never heard anything from them which was extremely rude considering I took time off of work for it and class. The facilities smelled like urine anyways. Wouldn't want to work for a company that smells like that and never calls back potential candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Arcadia, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a group interview, so it was not that nerve wrecking. But hearing others' answers to the questions, I had to come up with answers that are different from what they said.

Interview Questions

• What is one activity that you could bring to teach the seniors?   Answer Question