Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were 6 of us, and we were asked (individual) questions based on what was written on our resume; basically it was to clarify any questions they had about it. They also gave us scenarios that we had to provide an explanation about what we would do. The interview was only about 30 minutes. At the end, I was taken back to the office and was immediately offered the job and actually shadowed someone on that same day. During their interviews, they're looking at your personality and character over everything! You have to have a personality that fits the company (fun, loving, caring, passionate, hardworking, maybe even silly, enthusiastic, and jovial).

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Sunrise and our residents?   2 Answers
    • If you saw resident, who is known to be highly aggressive and requires a walker, walking down the hall with his shoes untied and is without his walker, what would you do?   4 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

It was short and sweet. It was a group interview. However, it ended up being just me and one other person. They started off by telling us about the position and giving us a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself and my relevant experience.   Answer Question

Patient Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend for the job and so after i submitted my resume I got an interview immediately. You interview with the coordinator who asks you different, random, questions off a list they have. Then they sit down with the Lead Care Managers and ask them if they think you are what they are looking for. If you get the job they usually call you back that same day with an offer.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

They ask a lot of questions nothing to hard just don’t talk to much don’t talk about your personal life just talk about school and your accomplishments and your knowledge about the position

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self what you do like to do   1 Answer

Interview

Interviewed the ED and the management team. After that I interviewed with the regional nurse and regional operations manager via phone. They all asked questions about why I feel I am best fit for the job. Everyone was very nice and professional

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was unorganized with off the wall questions. Interviewer was inappropriate at times. Unlike any other interview I'd had before. The group part of it was weird. The other coordinators had a say so if they wanted to work with you or not.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a crisis. Do I have a problem with discipline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a pay cut. Company wasn't able to pay my usual salary.

Assisted Living Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

I attended a job fair. At the even the human resource staff was conducting interviews and would push likely candidates to interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

It started with a phone screening. Then it was a 3 part interview. Interviewed first with HR. Then AED and ALC. Then with ED. After interviews, there was the drug screen and background check. The entire process was about 2 and a half months.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The executives will never be honest in reference to what one is facing when being interviewed for this position. They will not reveal the culture in the facility nor the attitude of the existing management. They will tell you they want change, but will not back you up after being hired.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2019.

Interview

Applied 12/18/18, got call back on 12/26/18, initial interview 1/2/19 followed by a series of 3 more interiews, all in all it took about 1.5 months to get hired from start to finish. My advice is to make eye contact, smile, be yourself and a team player.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a situation where you had to handle a difficult employee? What did you do and what was the result of it? (They are mostly STAR for questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

Took three weeks to get a call for an interview, was told I would receive a call within one week over whether I’d be invited to round 2 of interviews. Week passed, no word. I called last week to follow up on their decision as this is a career move position and deserves follow up. It has now been three weeks and no call. Just disappointed in the lack of follow-up and leaving applicants in the dark, even with applicant follow-up.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in supervising?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you resolved conflict with someone you were supervising?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to fill in as needed when floor staff calls off?   Answer Question
    • Are you aware this is often floor work and not office work?   Answer Question