Sur La Table Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Sur La Table Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table in November 2017.

Interview

I first applied online, all I had to do was Fill the application through their website, then they called me on the phone, for a phome interview. Then you are asked for an in person interview.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

District manager from LA contacted me via email. I responded immediately. His response came 4 days later requesting availability for a phone interview. Again my response was immediate. 2 days later he requested a Saturday afternoon time slot for the interview. We confirmed the time via emails and i made sure I was available at the requested time. No call came. No follow up apologizing for the lack of phone call or new availability. A complete lack of respect of my time. I won’t be pursuing this company again.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available for a phone interview?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. District Manager reached out to me to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, we met in person at the mall where the new store would be opening the following week. I was then coordinated by an executive assistant to interview with the Senior Vice President of Retail. I was then told that I would receive a phone call from the District Manager early next week. The phone call never came, so I called her a week after my interview with the SVP, after ringing about 4 times, the call was ignored and transferred to voicemail. 30 minutes later, I received a generic "Thank you for applying, we are pursuing other candidates" from their corporate HR team. After being told by an executive of the company that I would get a phone call, the way in which the matter was handled was quite unprofessional and lacking in decency. I can accept not receiving an offer and that's not why this was a negative experience. The lack of professionalism and decency of handling "difficult" conversations from field management is a red flag to potential growth and overall operational standards within the company. Should you need a consultant for business standards and SOP's, please do not hesitate to call me as that seems to be lacking with my experience with Sur La Table.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief. Some questions were inappropriate. Just a form type interview - what is your biggest weakness, what is your strength, etc. Assistant manager interviewed - I didn't meet the actual manager till after I started. Overall the interview was super easy. It probably lasted for roughly 20 minutes in person and 15 minutes over the phone.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

It started with a phone interview and then progressed into an in person interview. They were very accommodating with times and dates and were respectful to me considering this is not my job field.

Interview Questions

• What was one way that you helped make a sale in your past job?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

Straight forward, direct and the usual typical interview questions. Very relaxed and genuine manager. Interviewed by manager and assistant manager. Very easy and not very critical of qualifications or past experience.

Interview Questions

• how did you solve a problem at previous job   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Houston, TX).

Interview

Store walk around with floor lead to ask about lifestyle, interests, and salary expectations. Not hard questions once I called in for a 1:1 interview. I applied online, received a phone call within 48 hrs to schedule an interview, had the interview, received an offer within 24 hrs of interview.

Interview Questions

• If you and another sales associate are the only two on the floor and the manager is in the back on a conference call and all of a sudden you get a ton of foot traffic and need help and you notice none of the trash in the kitchen has been dumped from the last cooking class and it was a fish class, how do you address the situation? (yes. really. and it happened more than once)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy; and the managers are super nice just make sure you state that you have outstanding customer service skills. Also, mention that you like cooking or baking that is an extra plus.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Director Creative Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Mountlake Terrace, WA).

Interview

The interviews were great. The people there love the brand and the company. Benefits look outstanding. Very professional but relaxed environment. If you are looking for a Great company to work for, this interview process sets a standard for sure

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Inquired at the store first. Applied online then received a call within a week during which they conducted a "phone interview." A week later they called back suggesting I apply for another position at the same store (online). The second phone interview led to an in-person interview. After my background check cleared, they scheduled on-boarding.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to engage a customer?   1 Answer