Swagelok Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swagelok Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.9

Lean Leader Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Swagelok.

Interview

Applied to positions that were a close fit, selected for a phone interview for lean leader. Phone interview had to be rescheduled twice due to HR being unable to commit to provided time slots. I waited for promised feedback based on input from their side, then followed up a week to hear "I have not heard anything so cant really tell you anything". This is similar to another collegues experience that had issues during an actual offer process. Be careful and keep another offer in your pocket just incase.

Interview Questions

• Experience with lean implementation. Describe in detail.   1 Answer
    • What position do you expect to have in 1-3 years ?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Swagelok.

Interview

First did a phone screen with an human resources professional. Then attend an in-person interview with multiple managers in a single day, including the site manager. There was a test at the end.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly conversational rather than specific assessment questions. It was a pleasant experience, not too stressful. There was also a written test about mechanical concepts and manufacturing processes. also some personality questions.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Swagelok in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a simple phone interview and then a second phone interview with an HR rep and two engineers involved with the Leadership Development Program. A third interview took place in person where I was required to take a simple logic based test as well as an interview with HR and an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of the most influential leaders in your previous employment or academic experiences. What made their leadership style so great?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic phone screen from HR. The issue was that the interviewer had only been with Swagelok 2 months and knew nothing about the company. It was a very unprofessional interview. What compounded the problem was that the interviewer was freshly out of college and was very much lacking in knowledge of the position and industry.

Forge Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH).

Interview

Really have to know somebody to get in there I'm at with the HR manager supervisors engineer's 4interviews to get the inof the door, very intense process lots of a lot of people

Interview Questions

• How can I benefit to help the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swagelok in July 2016.

Interview

Application process took ~2 weeks. Initial application through the website, received email next day from an outsourced recruiter. Given an initial phone screen, then invited to interview onsite a few days later. Following an SAT-style aptitude test, there was a rotational interview process, first with colleagues, then with hiring manager. Total process took ~ 4 hours. All were pleasant and professional, particularly the hiring manager. Followed up with recruiter and was told I'd have feedback for an additional onsite interview in the next couple of days.

After a couple days had passed, I reached out to the recruiter via email and phone, but was unable to get any feedback for about a week, at which point I was informed that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding previous experience and how they'd apply to the role you're interviewing for.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swagelok in June 2016.

Interview

The process took over two months from start to finish, with essentially no communication initiated by anyone at the company. HR is very impersonal and is a poor "face" of the company.

I interviewed with three different people, in one-hour segments, all of whom had a different vision for the role. Without getting too detailed, it was clear that 2 out of the 3 didn't really want to be involved in the interview process. The third, a hiring manager, was a poor representative of the company's values. From bad mouthing his previous employer, to second guessing senior management decisions, his arrogance and disdain for his position in the company (and life) was evident.

Not a good experience.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swagelok (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with the hiring manager. Moved on to an onsite testing process and two one-hour panel interviews. I was onsite for a total of four hours. Despite multiple follow up contacts, I did not receive any response from the company on my candidacy or the status of the position (which is not very professional or respectful, in my opinion, considering the time commitment to the process).

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my background, how I've handled situations, etc.   1 Answer

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward phone interview with typical behavioral questions. They drove more into detail on specific experience with contracts and contract negotiation. Also asked for a specific example of difficulty with contract negotiations and how resolved it. Sourcing is divided into 3 groups: raw material, components, and then expense group. I wish they would supply a bit more detail on job descriptions so aware where the potion falls prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you impacted a decision without using influence.   Answer Question

Procurement Assistant Interview

Interview

I interviewed with several people on a one to one basis, each one lasting 30 minutes. I thought the interviews went quite well. Sent thank you notes via email and by snail mail. Followed up every two weeks only to be told that I was still being considered.

Gave up after 3 months. Company should determine if they're going to move forward before having people come in for a lengthy interview. Very time consuming for someone who is already employed.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal in nature. Discussed experience at length.   Answer Question