TD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018
2,000 Interview Reviews

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD.

Interview

The first interview was an on campus interview that lasted 30 minutes. I got a call the following week inviting me to a Super Day, which consisted of four more 30 minutes interviews. I received an offer about an hour after I left the Super Day.

Interview Questions

• If a business was applying for a loan, what would you do to decide if TD should approve it?   1 Answer

Banking Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by email to attended the call center career fair at the TD bank location is Mount Laurel, NJ. Managers and recruiters interview you and you hear from HR with the next steps if hired .

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for TD bank.

2. Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer .

3. Explain the time you had an irate customer , what did you do?

4. Tell me a time you were able to take constructive criticism from your supervisor. What did you do?

5. How would your boss or previous manager describe you .

6. Tell me your best strength .   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TD in April 2018.

Interview

It was very relaxed. It felt more like a conversation rather than a formal interview. It lasted about an hour. There were a few behavioral based questions throughout the interview.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

It was an on campus interview and pre-selected. Starting with a personal information introduction. It is like a normal interview, no surprising questions. Just be prepared for it, you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your self.
      2. How did you handle a difficult situation?
      3. What do you expect for this position?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

It was very easy, simple question, basically a seesion to get to know your personality and what your interests are. Interviewed only by one person everything else done through recruiter on phone.

Senior Business Information Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online through TD's website and was contacted by recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter started off with explaining position details mentioned in the job description and logistics. He then asked me about my current and previous work experiences and why I wanted to leave my current job. Following this, I was was asked some basic SQL technical questions and was told me that he will talk to the hiring manager to review answers given by candidates to decide on next steps and will get back to me in 2 business days.

I asked about the hiring process and how many in-person interviews there will be for this position. I was surprised when he told me that he can't answer that because information is confidential. I am not sure how hiring process details will reveal something confidential. I didn't hear back from recruiter 2 weeks after the phone interview. My follow-up emails requesting an update also went unanswered.

TD's interview process lacks professionalism.

Interview Questions

TD Response

Feb 19, 2018 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Sourcer

Thank you for your review and for your honest feedback . We are very sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience and agree that your interview lacked professionalism. We strive for every... More

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

First round was a Discovery Day in New York. Second round was a phone interview with a junior level employee. Final round was a Superday in the New York office. First round interview was based off of my resume and technical (mostly because of my experience in a previous analyst position). The second round was all behavioral questions in which management was looking for people who would fit in with their culture. Most interviews ended up being a dynamic discussion where I asked most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why TD? What are your long term goals? Any questions for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I received a call from the headteller ten days later. She was very informal and told me to just come the next day. The next day came, I waited for 45 minutes to be seen. I was finally greeted by the manager and the headteller. The manager had his personal phone on and I was interrupted by his excessive phone calls and texts while I was answering the questions. The bank needed FOUR tellers at once ( red flag). The questions were very basic and outdated and was just asking through a piece of paper. Extremely unprofessional. I declined their job offer for lack of professionalism. TD bank, please hire competent managers or the hiring managers. I declined the offer because we are expected to put the bar high and be professional but it should be mutual. I haven’t received the same treatment

Interview Questions

• What are your strenghts and weakness   1 Answer

Bank Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TD (Old Bridge, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed and got an email from the recruiter over a month later, which means the position had not been filled in that much time. It was a bit alarming, but the email asked if I was still interested and to schedule a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 10 mins long, very basic questions; why TD? what is customer service to you? there were no actual questions about me or my experience. Then the actual interview with the manager was scheduled. The manager was very polite and the interview, in which the manager read questions from a paper, lasted about half an hour. Do bring copies of your resume and dress in professional business attire simply because everyone who works there will be dressed in such. I think the interview went well although there were some questions I apparently answered wrong. I hear back two weeks later that I didn't get the job, but overall it was a learning experience. I think they're really looking for someone with relevant experience. Although I had plenty of experience in retail, it wasn't considered useful and I could tell just from the interview that I was not who they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why TD?   1 Answer
    • What does good customer service mean to you, and why is it important?   1 Answer
    • Use 3 words to describe yourself.   1 Answer
    • How much cash did you handle in a day at your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a long line of customers? How would you make the last customer in line feel just as important as the first customer in line.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a long line of customers and the phone started ringing?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you came up with a new/effective way of getting work done at your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever dealt with a difference (shortage in money) at your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about this position?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a very difficult customer? Or how have you dealt with a very difficult customer in your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your cash handling experience.   1 Answer
    • How would your previous manager describe you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online, they called me in for an interview at their headquarters. I went in and then they got back to me several days later. After that they had let me know my response from the interview.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD in January 2018.

Interview

The recruiter called me and setup interview with hiring manager . The hiring manager asked me setup questions and happy with my answers. Also informed that they are setting up for onsite interview. but in few days later the manager took his word back that was not happy with profile . Reason was unknown to me .

Interview Questions

• They have asked me my experience and some technical questions related to my job   Answer Question