TD Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends

2,143 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Best work life balance environment for a career focused professional (in 283 reviews)

• Pay is good benefits are great and flexible work options are amazing (in 278 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to maintain effective work/life balance (in 207 reviews)

• You might have to pull long hours in the busy seasons to meet the SLA guidelines (in 189 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love the company, almost 11 years in, progressing from teller to Store Manager."

Current Employee - Store Manager II in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager II in Newtown, PA

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Quarterly bonus, 401k, flexible, diverse, caring. Great opportunities to grow, great culture of mentoring and encouraging internal promotion.

Cons

Work life balance. Internally promoted are paid a lot lesd than external hires, which can be extremely frustrating.

Advice to Management

Computer systems could be improved.

2. "Retail credit."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at TD full-time

Pros

.only required to work 40 hours a week.

Cons

Can't work from home as needed.
    Open holidays.

Advice to Management

Cut the holidays and sundays.

3. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NH

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee focused with exceptional benefits
    Customer driven-products that help customers to reach their financial goals

Cons

Hours may not fit everyone's life/work balance

4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great time off and 401k match

Cons

Low pay and popularity contest for promotions

5. "Customer Service Representative II"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall well run bank, solid financials, relaxed customer friendly and employee friendly culture. They believe in promoting from within.

Cons

Bank is open 7 days a week which means more likely than not you will be working one or two weekends a month on an alternate basis. Technology mostly is not good. Finally, it all depends which store (branch) you land in. Some stores are poorly managed and have poor morale while others are better managed and have good morale.

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad managers! Unfortunately, they are usually the ones who are expert brown nosers. Bad management drags down teams and ultimately will hurt profits from loss of customers and high employee turnover.

6. "Great Company and Culture!"

Current Employee - Technical Director Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Director Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company; Inclusive of Employee's Perspectives; Strong Culture

Cons

Can be NJ Location focused too much

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Director Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Director Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many opportunities for growth, learning and community involvement. TD Bank fosters an environment for each associate to find an ideal career path. Love the focus on our communities too and the support for engagement and volunteer opportunities. Just truly the best company I've worked for!

Cons

There really aren't any cons I can speak to. Great place to come to everyday. Enjoy the people, the work, opportunities, flexibility and benefits!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Leadership is incredibly supportive of associates in helping each of us to grow professionally.

8. "OKAY"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at TD (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Workers are super friendly and helpful

Cons

Management sucks, unprofessional and untrained

Advice to Management

Leave your personal business at home

9. "Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Tampa Palms, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Tampa Palms, FL

I have been working at TD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, PTO, incentives, GREAT maternity leave

Cons

Hard to climb the ladder, average pay

"TD Call Center in a nut shell"

Current Employee - Banking Specialist in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Banking Specialist in Auburn, ME

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for upward progression
    One on one time with management to discuss personal development, career goals, and current positions. More so, allowing discussions on how to achieve those goals in the near future.

Fast-paced (most days)

Ability to make a direct impact on the lives of others

Allows for employees to make recommendations toward improvements internally to better support both the employee experience and the customer experience.

Cons

Need emotional strength: Non-customer facing brings about the boldness in others. Especially, on Tuesdays. There's no telling if an irate customer is about to curse someone out, or if a sweet elder is adjusting their ledger. Either could be this next call.

Rigid scheduling:
    Lack of intra-communication: Promotions (online, regional, call center ect.), system access (what some departments have access to, but don't know it), and the ability to find answers efficiently in the intraweb can be difficult and are sometimes lost in the cracks of the system. (But there IS support to be found elsewhere)

Continuous change in structure: People move into other positions frequently at TD which is both a pro and a con. Pro for obvious reasons (everyone enjoys a promotion). Con because one may sync with one system of personal management, but clash with the next--stunting performance overall.

Built for an Extrovert (Personal preference): As an introvert I gain and restore energy by being able to focus on complex problems and processing internally; using my creative abilities to push me forward and find new solutions to problems. As a call center rep, I speak for eight or nine hours a day. Sometimes, I feel like I'm more entertaining than finding solutions. I come home feeling exhausted. Some say that's a sign of having a successful workday, but not all. Where an extrovert gains their energy and propels through life exchanging energy externally with others, the call center position would work toward their strengths, and they could thoroughly enjoy themselves in this position. As an introvert I found this position to be exhilarating at first (learning to navigate the multiple systems, the physiology of each arm TD possess, gauging myself against the metrics). After 18 months, and having mastered those above by 6 months, I began to feel the erosion of repetition.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, there are changes made in base procedure that sound amazing on a whiteboard, but in practice damage the ability of employees to perform at their best. After a while, conditioning and perseverance takes over and the dust settles on the changes that were made. My advise is that before the changes be made entirely, a practical experiment take place. A simulation, complete with a review from the employees who participated in order to have an empirical understanding of the impact of said change, before it hits the entire system. This way will take more time, but is more effective in the long-term. This allows for adjustments in the original plan to accommodate for potential challenges pointed out by the test group's experiences, resulting in less friction once the change takes place.

Showing 5,086 of 5,373 reviews