TE Connectivity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TE Connectivity Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.9

Business Development Interview

Interview

Phone, onsite and more phone interviews, interview was very well organized and enjoyed the conversations ! They seem to know exactly the type of candidate they are looking for, I liked the folks I spoke to

Interview Questions

• Tells us about your background, And how I can be a fit to this position   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Devon, PA).

Interview

Originally interviewed with customer service manager Tony Salvucci in Devon, Pa. (has since been replaced by a shopping center) and a few years later I interviewed with the District field sales manager in Pittsburgh, Pa.

Pricing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

applied for a pricing internship, but was emailed regarding a customer care intern. Looked at my status and saw It there was a customer care intern added. Received an email to set up a phone screening. Left work early expecting a call at the scheduled time, never got a call. Looked at my application status and it was "not selected". BAD BUSINESS Etiquette.

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

My interview process was odd, and in the end, an overall negative experience. I had a phone interview with an HR woman who told me about the position and asked me what I was looking for. I expressed that I was a recent college graduated and she proceeded to tell me they are looking for someone with at least 3-5 years of experience for this "entry level" position. Despite this red flag, they brought me in for an in-person interview. Initially, I met with the hiring manager, who was nice and asked me the generic interview questions (what is your greatest strength, weakness, why do you want to work here, etc...), followed by a different HR rep who explained more of the company's culture and benefits. Finally, I met with two people who I would have worked with. One of them told me they had been in this [ENTRY LEVEL] position for about 20 years. These two individuals played a good cop, bad cop role, in what I believe was an effort to scare me away from the position. After about two hours of telling me all the bad things about the position, I asked what they like about their role, and they responded with, "Well the company has great perks and we are always bringing in food to share." I walked away scared and confused. They told me I would hear back in about two weeks. It has been seven weeks since my in-person interview, and I still have not received word from the hiring manager or HR. I can only assume they went in a different direction.

I am surprised that a company of this magnitude would be so sloppy with how they conduct their interviewers. I did not feel respected as a feasible candidate. I could tell from the beginning they viewed me as an entitled, college graduated instead of a knowledgeable candidate with viable ideas.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage high stress situations when you have pressing deadlines in front of you?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

I mMet the HR at the campus career fair. And after few weeks received the email to set up a phone interview. And after 1-2 weeks I received an email for invitation for an in-person interview

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TE Connectivity in February 2017.

Interview

Call from HR. Know your basic behavioral questions. Make sure you have perfected "Tell Me About Yourself" part. KNOW the position you're applying for very well. It will increase your chances of getting the position as well as make the interview process more lucrative.

Interview Questions

• One time you went about and beyond   1 Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process meeting several individuals for approximately half a day. Numerous follow up interviews lasting approximately the same length of time with the hiring manager. Many hypothetical business scenarios discussed and "roll played".

Distribution Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. First two rounds were with were absolutely delightful. I had thumbs up from the 1st two rounds and was submitted to the next round. The last inteview was the worst interview I have experienced in over 15+ years. They were totaly unprepared, even though he had my resume submitted to them weeks ago and had not even reviewed it. They were disrespectful and simply interrogated me on my resume. You can see the inappropriate and illegal questions asked during my interview. They could not even give me a straight answer on the next steps after we finished, though I decided I would not work for someone that is such a rude jerk. I did hear back indirectly they are not moving forward, and they wanted someone with more industry experience. Confusing as I have plenty of it. But if they did not think my background was a fit, they should have saved myself and there team time by not even interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How much did you pay for your house? When did you graduate from college? Were you laid off from this company too?:   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

I had a phone screen, then 2 subsequent interviews. The first one was a panel interview, and the second one was a 1:1 with the hiring manager followed by a tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Portland, OR).

Interview

First was a one hour interview with the Plant Finance Manager. Then the second interview was a 7 hour interview with many managers and directors for one hour each. Many different Directors from different departments and from headquarters interview.

Interview Questions

• A solution to the excess capacity utilization of the plant   Answer Question
    • about the difference of high volume low mix vs low volume, high mix manufacturing.   Answer Question