TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

A head hunter reached out to me on LinkedIn saying he was very interested in my profile and gave me details of benefits and compensation. Arranged a phone interview with recruiter who set up a phone interview with Hiring Manager in 1 week.
    It was a 30 min discussion.
    A week after that I had an hour long phone interview with another team member. I was not in the country so no face to face round.
    Informal decision of selection given IMMEDIATELY (1 day) after the call!
    Formal offer came after (a nail biting) 2 weeks 🙂

Interview Questions

• Description of my past work experience.
      While I was explaining, there was silence on the other side. No grilling.

1 behavioral question.
      Strengths and weakness question.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2018.

Interview

Got an email then a call from somebody asking for me to complete an assessment , called me back and asked me to come in which is today and they asked mw some brief questions like" how would you describe the color yellow to a blind person"? After tbw process she asked me if I had any questions and I said no then she said that they would call me in 24 hours

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview was quick, lasted about ten minutes. the interviewer focus on my work experience, job responsibilites, skills as Customer Service Specialist. Interviewer then scheduled an orientation session for me.

Interview Questions

• About my work experience, interview was not difficult.   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Interview

It was an average interview, basic questions about your background. They also do some basic knowledge.

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Online application, followed by a phone interview within the week & then an onsite. Smooth process. One of the most throughly done hiring I've been through.

Very positive atmosphere. Very excited!

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience, some fun questions like if you were an animal what would you be, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was first for me, Lindsay was sooo down to earth but I could tell she was stern. The phone interview was great. I got invited to the interview the next day, I took an assessment, fairly easy. The actual interview was by two managers. They asked "tell me about a time" questions and two role plays. It went well enough I got offered a position and I accepted overall excellent experience

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Operations Manager + Team Leader, 45 minutes. Asked about experience in customer support and understanding of company products and process. Asked for examples where I had resolved a situation where a customer had been given wrong information.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a case that a colleague had missed a vital element and the customer was upset?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

After they receive you application they send you an email confirming they received it and if you are a qualified candidate they will get back to you. When they reach out to you they call you and offer an interview they ask you a few personal and availability questions. During the interview they follow a questionnaire based on work experience and personal values.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply to TELUS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Show up. Get put in a room of 15-20 people. Log in to a computer. Technical test of basic questions: whats wifi, whats airplane mode, whats android, type an email to a customer. 15 questions or so. Very easy if you are familiar with smartphones. Typing test. 35wpm of higher. They will let you retake it over and over until you can pass. A stupid old grammer test. From like the 90's. Then your interview. Very non personal. Where do you work? Whats wifi? Role play... of an upset customer? Can you work all shifts? Less than 5 minutes, your told your hired. Sign all these papers. NO OFFER LETTER. Dont know what the job is or for who. You can ask many questions and the answer is: you'll find out on your first day. When is my first day? Answer: we will email you. They assume you accept because they dont ask you if you will take it. Then you look around and see you overdressed as a professional because some of the people who also came in and got hired... are wearing tore up jeans, flip flops, house shoes! So be prepared for just a paycheck while you find a real job. And if you fail the drug test.. guess what? You can retake it!

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Typing, technical, and a grammar test to screen then a 1 on 1 interview asking a little about previous work experience and going through a customer service scenario to show your troubleshooting abilities by being able to ask good questions.
    The perform a background check in addition to drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What are some good filler to use with a customer on the phone?   Answer Question