TELUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2018

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

Simple Ask and answer questions , answer phones calls do not miss a phone call. have a prepared resume, the usual interview formality you may expect from a call center

Interview Questions

• What did you do to figure out or troubleshoot an issue you had no idea about?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were quick, the recruiter immediately got back to me with feedback and next steps process. I was also immediately scheduled for the 1:1 in person interview within a week.

Interview Questions

• The usual regular questions about your experience, what will you bring to the table, flexibility, ect   Answer Question

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Online application, followed by a phone interview within the week & then an onsite. Smooth process. One of the most throughly done hiring I've been through.

Very positive atmosphere. Very excited!

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience, some fun questions like if you were an animal what would you be, etc...   1 Answer

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Typing, technical, and a grammar test to screen then a 1 on 1 interview asking a little about previous work experience and going through a customer service scenario to show your troubleshooting abilities by being able to ask good questions.
    The perform a background check in addition to drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What are some good filler to use with a customer on the phone?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved an application online and a phone screening. After the phone screening was an in person interview, after that a follow up phone call was to be made. However, I received a rejection email instead.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that make a good team.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

The process started with first interview of selected you were taken to second level interview with Operations manager of the company. The operations manager then proceeded to ask a series of general interview questions

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

It took whole day without touring the company. I Interviewed with six interviewees and discussed about the works that I had achieved before. Some questions were related my previous experience. Most of time they explained what I have to do over there.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process with general questions, plus online customer service quiz on PC with upselling and ability to multitask. Interview process was conducted by Cornerstone Staffing.

Interview Questions

• No abnormal questions asked throughout interview process.   1 Answer
    • Computer assessment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation involved, very unorganized method of benefits and payment info. Information of wage was an approximate never given an exact wage. While training went on, wage information was questioned several times and always given a poor response by HR and supervisor.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TELUS in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, waited a week, and then went in person to say hi and make an impression. An hour later, they called me back asking for an interview. Turns out he was going to call me and a few others, but he had forgotten up until he saw me walking in the store. Take note on that. :)

The next day I called back for the interview, and he asked me a couple questions like "Why do you want to work with Telus, what motivates you, have you ever had any kind of sales quota experience, what's your availability like?" and then set up a 2nd interview for the same day.

I walked in later that day and he sat me down to ask basic job interview questions, asking about the situation you were in and how did you react/feel about it. After that he took me back into the store for a quick tour, and then started setting me up for a background check. At that point he told me I was "in", and all that needed to be done was the official paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when a situation escalated, how was it solved, and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Telus has pretty fair and amazing benefits, so no negotiations.

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was first done over the phone, then I got called in for an in person group interview
    with about 5 people being interview by A panel of 4. Questions were easy, hopefully you dont get stuck in an interview where people babble on and on instead of answering the questions. The people that were interviewing were very nicee... they cap you out at around 16-17 for the campaign I worked for so try and get a Google Campaign, you will start off earning more

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion when you received good customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation take it or leave it ...