Target Distribution Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Distribution Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Grand Prairie, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Target website and received e-mail within a few days to sign up for phone interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes long and was a little intimidating because of how she jumped into it. I was expecting a little more conversation before jumping right into it. Was not my best interview at all. Second interview was 1 hour later. She was a little more personable, which helped settle my nerves. Not a fan of phone interviews at all. They use the STAR method to interview.
Sent thank you email after interviews and follow up email after one week. Response to follow up email was rejection notice. I know I'm qualified for this job but just had a terrible interview. Oh well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. The interview started off with me discussing my resume. After discussing that they asked to know my strengths and opportunities for development. The last thing they asked was what pay do I expect.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep stating that they would like to interview me over the phone within the next couple of days. When the phone interview was conducted, the recruiter gave me a brief overview of the position and what is normally expected. I was then asked to share a bit about myself; I was also asked a series of behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time you failed to complete a project; tell me about a situation where you helped an employee who wasn't meeting expectations). I was then provided more information about the company's expectations for their employees followed by a few more behavioral questions. Once the difficult but pleasant interview was over, the recruiter informed me that there would be a follow up in about three days if I were extended a second, in-person, interview. About three days later, I received an email and phone call about attending the second set of interviews at the Regional and Food Distribution Centers. The recruiter then put me in contact with an HR rep at the RDC. I was also sent an invitation to complete a mandatory, hour long assessment which included scenarios and deductive reasoning questions. Shortly after, the RDC HR rep contacted me with date/time/location of the in-person interview (which was scheduled a couple of days out). When the day of the in-person interview(s) arrived, I was immediately impressed with the clean and relaxed atmosphere of the facility. I was met by friendly faces and given a tour (by an Operations Manager) of the RDC where I asked tons of questions and received tons of good answers. I was then brought up to a huge lobby area to meet with two senior executives. One of the pleasant employees provided me with a bottle of water while I waited. During the subsequent interview, the execs asked to hear a bit about myself and then launched a lot of behavioral questions (very nerve racking but pleasant). I was then asked to wait in the lobby again to meet two more executives. They asked me, pretty much, the same questions as during the previous interview. Both interviews lasted about an hour. I was then sent over to the Food Distribution Center for a second tour. To my surprise, I was interviewed (informally) by two more executives. Eventually, I was linked up with the FDC Logistics Manager who showed me around the impressive FDC. After the process ended, and a couple days later, I was offered a job. Overall, the experience was pleasant from start to finish and observing the people really made me very enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Tyler, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who did some initial background questions. I was then moved on to the next phase. I was as behavioral questions. I was then given a face-to-face interview. They ask a series of behavioral questions. Situation, Behavior, Result. I was interviewed by three groups of two people. Because I was applying for an out-of-state position, I did the interview via video conference in one of the distribution centers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to leverage multiple people and/or resources in order to achieve a deadline.   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reaches out for initial phone screen. A few days later, a follow-up screening/interview prep is conducted by the recruiter to get you ready for the in-person interview. The in-person interview is conducted at the Distribution Facility. A tour of the facility is first given by one of the workers (30-45 minutes) followed by a short presentation on Target. Then, two separate interviews are conducted (45 minutes long). The first was with the GM of the facility and a Senior Manager. The second was with two employees from HR. Both of these were in the same format- tell us about yourself and background, go over your resume, 4 STAR (behavioral, Google if you aren't familiar) questions in each interview, and finally a chance to ask the interviewers questions. Make sure you have a lot of details and specifics in your answers to their questions and also ask them a lot of questions (they encourage this).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pueblo, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through Target's online careers page. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter within a week for a basic get to know you interview. Approximately one week later I had a second phone interview with my recruiter focused on behavioral questions (STAR method). One week later I was given the opportunity to conduct an onsite interview at their warehouse facility in Pueblo, CO. Once complete with the facilities tour, had two back to back interviews with warehouse management again focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had a disagreement with a supervisor or coworker.   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of 2 phone interviews and one in person interview. The first phone interview consisted of basic personality/leadership style questions. The second and third interviews used the STAR interview method. The recruiter was very polite and provided me with pointers for successfully completing the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you helped to elevate an employee to the next level   1 Answer

Distribution Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Woodland, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The initial interview took about 15 minuets to do. Basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for Target? Whats your best quality? What could you improve on. After that I was pushed to the second interview, which was STAR. This takes some time. Make sure you look at other interviewees' posts for the questions, the 5 that I was given were on there. Once the was completed I was then asked to take another exam. This was mathematical, as well as situational, behavioral, and customer service related. Make sure you have a pen and paper, and a calculator, you will need it. I did not make it to the next round after that, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Logarithm questions, as well as scheduling questions for employees. I was caught off guard and was not prepared.   Answer Question