Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017
9,070 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very easy. I felt like the management already knew if they were going to hire me or not. The questions were very basic. I had no working experience before this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very easy; the man was very nice. The questions were the basic retail questions nothing that was very crazy. There are a lot of behavioral questions like why are you a good fit at Target.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submitted application in store during a trip there and had a brief one on one interview within my local branch with the store manager about a week after my application was turned in and processed.

Interview Questions

• What has been your best Target find?   1 Answer

ETL Interview

Interview

Long, unnecessary for the job, interviewers did not really want to interview me, frustrating as timeline kept changing, no room for variations, interviews done on the phone, interview questions given were not the ones used

Pricing Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Three stages, met with store mgr who also had to approve the interview, seemed like a lot of interviews for a low paying position. In the end the interview was easy, but I was there for three hours total meeting with all of these different folks.

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I went in to Target for an interview in the morning. I was told to go to guest services and from there they escorted me to the back room. I eat and waited 15 min for someone to interview me. The questions he asked me sent exactly the same but it's what the context of it was. I'm still waiting for a call back so I'll update this when I get a response. My advice is to find out what job you want in the store, it was either back room or grocery department for me. Ask the person who escorts you to the break room what department needs more people.

Interview Questions

• Where and how many places I've worked at   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had to train someone   Answer Question
    • What did I do when I was faced with an customer who was angry and what I did to help the customer   Answer Question
    • What was my availability   Answer Question
    • Do I want to request any days off like a regilious holiday   Answer Question
    • What would my old supervisor say my weaknesses are   Answer Question
    • How did I get through a busy day at work when I was faced with a difficult situation   1 Answer

Cart Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Denver, CO).

Interview

It was 2 interviews the first 1 was nice and easy they asked me a couple of questions maybe about 10 and then the second interview was pretty much the same thing just with a different person.

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Interview was super easy. First was a phone interview than one face to face interview. They asked name a time questions and scenario questions. Interview process took place for about a week then was hired to start on the week after.