Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Target Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2018
9,977 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Took awhile for interview. I was all dressed up and I didn't need to be that dressed up I guess. I was nervos. I did get the job. Urs!

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from a recruiter (first interview), then went on site for a tour and follow up interviews.

Pros: They were really fast about their call backs. Even for the rejection call. The recruiter was friendly and helpful. Listen to their feedback and guidance if they give you any.

Cons: In the end, I didn't get any feedback as to why I did not get the job or what I could have done better. They also follow the STAR methodology very closely. They ask you about 9 STAR questions and have a sheet in front of them taking notes for each category.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and a coworker had a different approach to a problem? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview process is whether lengthy there are 3 interviewers. The Executive Team Leader Assets Protection , followed by the Store Team Leader, and finished with the District Business Partner Assets Protection. The interview ranges depending on the interviewer usually not long but tedious.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Or why do you want to work in Assets protection?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Quick and easy, I interviewed through the phone with HR then she told me to come in to interview. I talked to the head of the beauty department then I talked to the executive lead manager and she told me HR would call me

Beauty Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward and only took a couple of weeks total. You have to pass a phone interview and an in person interview, which stays on record. I applied too early so I have to resubmit in summer but I don’t have to do another interview, so that’s nice.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with makeup?   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Portland, OR).

Interview

Military background with several years in LP/AP management, including experience in multi-unit LP management, as well as a bachelor's degree and Wicklander certification. Went through four interviews over the course of several weeks.

1st Interview - Initial call from HR rep. Lasted 15 minutes and was on general background. Scheduled call for later that week for an additional interview with HR rep.

2nd Interview - Phone interview with HR rep. All behavioral questions.

3rd Interview - Phone interview with AP Business Partner (District Manager). Mostly behavioral questions with a some discussion of previous AP experience. At the end of the interview I was told there would be a 4th interview, in person, with the District Team Leader and HR Business Partner. Based on my experience, I assumed the 4th interview was a formality and that I would likely receive an offer.

4th Interview - The 4th interview ended up being another phone interview the District Team Leader, with more behavioral questions.

The next morning I received a generic rejection letter, with no explanation. I reached out to the HR rep directly because I had their contact info, but did not receive a response.

Initially, I would have said the process was very professional. I had several check in calls/emails with the HR rep throughout the process. I was slightly taken aback to receive a generic response. Given the amount of time spent in the interview process, I would have expected something a little more personal from either the HR rep or AP Business Partner. The interviews were almost all behavioral, "tell me about a time" questions. There was little discussion about previous AP or investigation experience.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back the next day to come in for an interview. When I came into the store, I was interviewed by 3 different managers and was offered the job by the third.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you changed someone’s opinion on something and how did you do it   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willoughby, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Willoughby, OH).

Interview

The interview was simple and straight forward. It concerned mostly my past work history and attendance. I had only one interview whereas every other potential employee was requested to interview twice.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my attendance in my previous jobs.   1 Answer