Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

10,383 Interview Reviews

2.6

Consumables Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Fond du Lac, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

it was a four part interview process starting with my team lead then to the ETL,STL, and finally HRBP it was a week long task that had plenty of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tim ewhen you had mutiple things to do in a short period of time, what did you do.   4 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR. Then I was invited back to me with three other people from the team. I also had to do an online test which consisted of an IQ and personality test. The test was hard and many people that I spoke with agreed that the test was tricky and they didn't think they would be hired.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview of basic questions with a recruiter. Contaced a couple of days later to schedule an interview. Had 24 hours to complete a personality and IQ type test. Interview consisted of 3 groups of people. Took about 2 hours total. STAR format questions/answers. Was contacted a week later via phone by the recruiter that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on the website for the position and scheduled a phone interview within a week of submitting. The lady who interviewed me asked some behavioral questions about prior work or school experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with an authority figure, how did you resolve it   2 Answers

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized and rushed. They asked some personality question. When I told them what I applied for they seemed to be confused. Told them I wanted to be overnight and they were interviewing me for the sales floor and cashier.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in x situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

A series of predetermined questions for manager to determine if you're right for the job. If you answered them adequately was up to the interviewing manager (Team Lead) for what ever department you are being hired to decides you are a good candidate you are then escalated to the Executive Team Lead to interview you further. The Executive Team Lead asks you more questions about past workplaces and your reasons for leaving previous jobs if you have and why you applied at target. After you go through that line of questioning you are escalated to the human resources manager. Human resources tells you your start date pending you pass a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you encounter a problem in the workplace.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager gave me a call with some attitude like they were doing me a favor, however scheduled me for an interview. They made me what up to an hour of the scheduled interview time and to make matters once, I took initiative to find a manager to tell them I was waiting only to be met with disdain. Instead of being upfront they sent me an email to tell me I was not hired.

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Mundelein, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal overnight backroom position online on a Wednesday night (took about 30 minutes to complete - no resumé needed), and got a call the next day asking to come in for an interview on Friday. The whole process was very easy (this was my first REAL interview, as the only other job I've had wasn't obtained with a formal interview). I wore nicer-ish street clothes and walked up to guest services and told them I was there for an interview, they retrieved the person set to give it, and that person walked me to a back office. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and my first interviewer made small talk before beginning. It starts with the generic "tell me about yourself" then goes into situational questions. These can vary from interview to interview, but if you spend 20 minutes reading others' questions on Glassdoor and rehearse answers, you'll be fine. Basically, as long as you can sound confident, through, and immediate, they'll probably like whatever you have to say. Then the first interviewer left and a second came in, and the process was basically repeated (with different questions). I was then walked to a supervisor and my interviewer asked her to write me a job offer right there. That person talked to me for a few minutes, we set up an orientation date, and i was all set to go! A job in 3 days time.

Interview Questions

• Read what other posters have put as everything you could be asked is on Glassdoor, but be prepared to say what you gained or what the result of each situation you describe is, as I was asked multiple times at the end of my answers/stories to expound on this.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with 3 interviewers. Very casual and friendly. Easy to ask questions and negotiate schedule. Even asked opinion which position is best fit for me. Hourly is set and non-negotiable. Early morning shift gets differential pay increasing pay from $8 (or $8.25) to $8.75 so I was told.

Negotiation

Schedule was negotiable, and they were somewhat flexible. Though certain blocks of time are non-negotiable. Pay was not negotiable. But I was offered my choice of 3 similar positions, and I decided based on schedule. I needed early mornings.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got call back next day. Went in for interview had to take a simply assessment test. Afterwards two interviews back-to-back was told I was hired on the spot by HR lady. You sign some papers and they send you to take a drug test which has to be done within 24 hours. After that you wait for drug and background check to clear. Was called for orientation two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• The only reason the questions were difficult was because they are all situation-based questions. So you have to think of circumstances that relate to the questions quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set pay, take or leave I assume