Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2017
9,219 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I showed up ten minutes early and got kind of pushed to the side. The questions were repetitive and bland, they seemed eager to get my interview over with. They never contacted me after, not even to say I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I was interviewed by the general manager so I only had to do one interview. It was quick and easy. She liked that I knew a lot about the company and I seemed confident in myself.

ETL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

applied online, got called for a phone interview, than 3-5 after that, the whole process took about a month, everyone i spoke to started the interview with something personal about their lives and how long they have been with target, was very welcoming

Interview Questions

• what are your weaknesses, how did you handle a difficult co worker   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in asked a current employee where to find a manager she pointed to a locked Door on the other side of the building that I had to knock on. I went in there is a desk. I told them I was there for an interview they told me to wait in the break Room about half hour later I was approached by One manager she asked me about where I worked prior. If I was ok with promoting the target brand (redcard) etc. Asked about my availability. Asked some questions and we were done in that room. she told me I needed to see another manager for a second interview so to go back in the waiting Room. half hour latee I was brought back. this guy asked me about my availability again asked me Why I left my other jobs, how my attendance was at other jobs. proceeded to asked me some more questions it was more like a personality test Or stress test. They werent too concerned About my qualifications to do the job but they were very nice everybody was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with an employee that you disagreed with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted in the middle of a task   Answer Question
    • If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were able to change a situation with your attitude   Answer Question
    • why do you choose to work at target   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was ultimately pointless. The interviewer seemed lost and confused - and didn't seem to have an understanding of his own role at the company. Although the interview itself went smoothly, it did not leave me confident or optimistic about a position at Target going forward.

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waconia, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Waconia, MN).

Interview

I was ten minutes early and a half hour later the interviewer showed up. She was 20 minutes late and quickly gave an interview like she didn't have time for it. I called twice and left her a message for a follow up and she never returned my call and I never got a letter. Target needs to do better with their hiring process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I was coming from a job as Team Leader of Publix and after they read my resume and interviewed me I was offered four different jobs. The first being "GSA" (Guest Service Ambassador) which is running the front, counting cash office, telling people when they can have break/meal, calling for back up assistance, telling people what register they are on or if they are watching self checkout etc.. that pays 10.75/hr. The second job was "Market" where you stock and zone food products for $10.75/hr. The third job was a "Hardlines" position which is "if its not clothing or food its hardlines" where you'd just be "stocking and zoning"- making sure the shelves are full and pretty for 10.00/hr. The fourth was "Softlines" which is clothing/fitting room where you just stock and zone clothing all day and if you are at the fitting room you will also be answering the main phone line for 10.00/hr.

Interview Questions

• As many other people have said its situational questions based on previous experiences   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They called me in within a month of applying and when I went they already had about five other people getting interviews. There was two interviews each lasting about 15 min