Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2018
9,661 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The whole process was handled via a recruiter after the initial application. It consisted of one pre-screen and two face to face interviews. By the time I spoke with the District Leader I had the feeling I already had the job due to the fact that the previous interview with an STL and HR was much more intense.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Denton, TX).

Interview

I arrived at the location and told the team member at guest services that I was there for an interview. I went into clerical and waited for the member of management to interview me. I was interviewed three times by different managers. I was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult experience at work and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Executive Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I emailed the recruiter through my college intranet website about locations regarding the internship. The recruiter told me to email her my resume if I was interested. A few days later I was scheduled a phone interview her. The first phone interview went great. First round consists of elaborating and explaining more about my experiences. It also involved 3-5 behavioral questions. I was invited to move on to the next round. I was contacted by the recruiter about setting up another phone interview with a DTL and HR. My second interview went great as well. It was more about about getting to know myself better rather than behavioral questions like the first round. The process took two weeks and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

STAR style interviews at each phase.
    1st -Informal discussion with recruiter, discussing your interest in role/company, salary expectations, and a few “tell me about a time when...” questions.
    2nd- formal discussion with behavior questions with recruiter
    3rd- formal discussion with Store Leader and HRBP with behavior questions
    4th- conversational interview with Group VP (as market is in transition with district leadership)

Every interviewer was extremely pleasant and each took time to walk you through their Target journey

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you collaborated with a peer

Tell me about a time you received feedback

Tell me about a time you changed the status quo

Tell me about a time where you have outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Binghamton, NY).

Interview

Long and Painful. I sat and waited for my interview and the interviewer was about 20 minutes late, interviewing someone else. When I was interviewed it was by a district manager the interview took 1 hour 16 minutes then immediately after they shuffled me into a second room where I was interviewed by another district manager, this took 40 minutes. Also, about a week earlier I had another interview with them it consisted of a panel of 3 store managers interviewing me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online for a seasonal position. Got a call from them later that day and HR scheduled an in-person interview date. My first choice was Soft Lines but they hired me for my second choice (Hardlines).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you worked as a team with someone   Answer Question

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Filled out application a month ago and was contacted first of the year about a position. I went in one day and interviewed with two people and was asked to return. The third interview was with grocery ETL. He wasn't at all prepared for the interview and fumbled through his words. The most hours I would've received is 28 per week with no medical benefits. That's pathetic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with your immediate superiors on a project and how was the issue resolved?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Received a phone call right after the internet application. Started off with a telephone interview, then two other in store interviews with management. Submitted a drug test and received the good news I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why would they want to hire you? If the sign of a product was $5 dollars off, but the amount on the register didn't show that, what would you do?   Answer Question