Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2018
9,742 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submit lengthy, ambiguous, online application, wait to be contacted by multiple stores, meet with the manager of the department you are interviewing for. Wait for human resources to call you back in a few days

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you exceeded a difficult guests' expectations?   Answer Question

Executive Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Target (Normal, IL).

Interview

disorganized. Was told I received the position with a start date one day later. All other interns found they were hired weeks in advance of start date. All Target employees were kind during interview

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would be a good asset to the Target team.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I received an interview after talking with a recruiter. The first interview was a phone call with behavioral questions, going over history, etc. the recruiter told me he would setup a final round interview for me and requested my availability. After I gave him my availability and he confirmed he is setting up the exact date/time, he ghosted me and no longer responded to any emails or messages, and sent me to voicemail when I tried to call him.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

2 part interview. Asked a series of scenario/behavior themed questions. The interview took about 30 minutes total. I was made an offer on the spot. shortly after was an orientation. At this point I am just writing to get the 30 word minimum.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The first interview process was a phone interview which was pretty laid back and was just so the interviewer could get to know you. I got a second round phone interview and this was more situational based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time that you had to make a hard decision in a leadership position.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Must pass an online assessment test. When you finish they call you to set up an interview with the STL and ETL of the store. After that they call u back a few days to let you know if your hired or not. Fast process because I got hired as a seasonal worker.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

I received a phone call asking if I was available for an interview. They were very flexible with working with me. My first interview was amazing, there were two people and they both gave their background and had a real conversation. They like for you to use the STAR method when answering their questions. I was offered a second interview.
    For the second interview the executive lead was 25 minutes late saying that she thought the interview was at a different time and then asked me a few questions, some the same as the first interview. This lasted 5 minutes, the quickest interview I ever had. She said she had more interviews and wished me a great day.

Executive Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Four interviews. All behavioral based interviews with various levels of management. Began with speaking to a recruiter who assisted me through the entire process after I applied through the company website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged the status quo...   1 Answer