Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017
9,508 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Bowie, MD).

Interview

I was sitting and waiting with other people, I waited about an hour to be called back. The manger was really nice she asked a lot of questions about me. Interview lasted about 15-20 mins

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I showed up ten minutes early and got kind of pushed to the side. The questions were repetitive and bland, they seemed eager to get my interview over with. They never contacted me after, not even to say I did not get the job.

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I was called in after applying and then interviewed twice that same day with two different people. And signed the hire paperwork directly after that. My orientation was scheduled for the following week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to use your leadership skills to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Target Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Very casual. Very informative. Asked a few questions, went over details of job. If they liked you, you would get a second interview on the spot and they told you what pay and benefits were.

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty easy. I went to their sophomore leadership conference over the summer. Was automatically given an interview for getting accepted to/going to the conference. Then there was a phone interview with the same recruiter as the conference a few weeks later. After moving on, I had a FaceTime interview with the District Manager for my area and was given an offer the next day. Mostly behavioral questions - the recruiter gave me the questions ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you streamlined a process to efficiency   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

You will have two interviews. The first one will be with the Flow Team Leader. The other will be with an ETL (Executive Team Leader). You will be asked how well you work with other people, how comfortable you are working in a fast paced environment etc. You will then be offered a job pending background check. There is NO drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work with a co worker with whom you had difficulties with. How did you overcome those difficulties?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to help a guest (customer) while you were in the process of completing a task. How did you handle it? Did you complete the task?   Answer Question

DC Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Quite Hard. In every sort of situation they enjoy hearing about how you would be a good fit at target and why they should offer you a job or an internship in the stores or distribution center

Technology Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Had an interview on campus, received a voicemail 2 weeks later to set up another interview. After a week of trying to contact HR, HR called to notify that they have rejected my application. (taking away the interview which was offered in the voicemail)