Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Target

11,505 Interview Reviews

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in June 2017.

Interview

I was an internal hire but you meet with the store manager and the executive team lead for assets protection. A lot of the questions have to do with guest interactions so if you haven’t any retail experience it might be difficult. After the interview you wait about a week to be told whether you got the position or not after the hiring staff collaborates on you. If you hire internally you get lots of support from your manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry guest.   4 Answers
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a guest.   2 Answers
    • Tell me a time were you made a mistake and what did you learn from it for the next time.   10 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

5 interviews total - 1 with recruiter, 2 with Store Team Leaders, 1 with HR Business Partner, 1 with HR Director and Group Vice President

I was hired for the position and had a six week onboarding and training at different store locations prior to being placed in my store.

Interview Questions

Interview

Asked a few question. Seemed really casual. Walked me through all the departments to find my best fit. Very nice management and I’m excited that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Really easy, sat me down in the back room and asked me situational questions, no trick questions. He introduced himself to me and typed my responses into his phone as I said them.

Interview Questions

Interview

Pretty easy. They ask a lot of softball questions about your life. They will also talk forever about target rewards. Just be relaxed and answer the questions. Piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• If on a deadline, would you finish the task at hand or help a customer?   1 Answer

Guest Advocate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was cool, nice. A quick ol three step interview. They gave me situations to fix and I did three different people interview me. One is the usual get to know you, next is the questions, then it is fix the problem.

Interview Questions

• What would you change in this situation I presented you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Things did not go very well. Of course, part of that must have been my fault. I don't know. Maybe. It could have gone better. But what can I say about Target that hasn't already been said.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interviewer was not very inviting. The questions were incredibly long-winded and complicated. Much of the questions regarded very specific, detailed scenarios. They were difficult to follow and answer effectively.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year plan? (This one's a good one, and also very common, so always be prepared for it!)   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

One round of interview during campus fall recruiting in 2019. Questions were standard and interview was 1-1 for half an hour. There was a meet the recruiters night before the interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

I have only gotten one call and was told they’ll get back to me if team members liked me. Very short only a few questions was asked. Still don’t know if i would get a call back or not it was kinda out of the blue

Senior Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in July 2020.

Interview

They ask you a series of questions from their list. The interview was very redundant with their questions which made it hard to give fresh answers. They want specific scenarios over and over.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you helped a team or individual grow to reach a new goal   Answer Question