Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017
8,453 Interview Reviews

2.7

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied to my Target online. It took a while to get a call to schedule for an interview, I wanna say like 2 weeks after applying. They scheduled me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview process was pretty easy. I came in about 20 minutes early and was told to go into the backroom and check in with the lady at the desk. I spent about 10 minutes waiting as they called in people to interview those who were waiting for interviews.

My first interview was okay. A lot of the questions were "tell me about a time...". You'd just answer these with examples from either previous jobs or school. They read questions off of a packet and take notes on what you say. The lady interviewing me never really showed any reaction towards my answers and so I thought I wasn't doing well. At the end she asked me about situational questions and how I'd handle it, but oddly she wasn't writing down my responses. Then I was asked to wait again for a second interview.

The second interview goes much faster because a lot of the questions were either repeated from the last interview or similar. They also ask you about your familiarity with technology. Its the same thing again, they read off of a packet and take down notes on what you say. Then afterwards I was asked do a quick meet with the Executive Team Leader. It was a 2 quick questions about "why do you want to work at Target... what is your availability..." and then was sent back to HR for a job offer right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   9 Answers
    • Explain your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about the Target REDcard or Cartwheel?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. I applied online and was contacted by the Investigations Team Leader. 3 total Interview with the Investigations team. 2 Interviews were with different Market Investigators and the last one with the ITL

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a team environment.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

After applying, I reveived a call the next day. I was asked to come in for an interview, but it had to be scheduled a week out. After completing that interview I was invited to a 2nd interview, which was another week out. I was hired for the position following orientation, which was another week out.

Executive Store Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. Was told to drive to district manager to meet regarding hours and store location after two interviews, and the next day was told that they thought they had 4 spots but only had 3

Hardlines Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Application was done online. The interviews were straightforward. One phone interview and one in-person interview. Had to do an employee assessment test in the store. I called about a week after I submitted my application to see if they had reviewed it yet, which was when they offered to set up my first phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered minimum wage.

Merchandise Planning Business Partner Interview

Interview

Met with a recruiter via career fair which resulted in a phone interview. This was the only step of the interview process and was a positive experience! I have not heard back yet as to the results of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a project with a time constraint.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First interview is over the phone informal interview with the recruiter. Second interview is a behavior analysis style type of interview questions with the recruiter. Third interview is an onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team to achieve a goal and what was your role and the outcome?   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

An HR representative will contact you and set up a phone interview with you for a phone screening. They will ask you general questions to get to know you and ask a few STAR behavioral questions. If everything goes well, they will move you on to the next interview and tell you HR will be in contact soon to schedule an in-store interview.

HR will send you an email/call you to confirm another date and time and tell you to be prepared for STAR style questions again. I met with the store manager for my second interview and it was extremely pleasant. Everyone was kind and interested. He ask about 5 questions, some were more difficult than I was expecting.

After that interview, if you have been passed by the store manager, you will be set up with a final interview with a district manager alongside the HR business partner.

I thought the interview with the store manager was pleasant but this final interview was SO laid back and low stress. I was only asked 3 questions, majority of the time was spent getting to know one another.

Be sure to prep your responses using the STAR method and you'll do fine!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you showed leadership.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you kept asking questions and it lead you to a different outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used another group for leverage in order to complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker or team member.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and it had a big impact.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you contributing lead to a project being more efficient.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They have you fill out an questionnaire when you get there that's takes about 20 to 30 minutes. Then you will meet with one of the executive team leader and he or she will interview you.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength that would help this company progress?   1 Answer