Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

10,083 Interview Reviews

2.6

Consumables Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Fond du Lac, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

it was a four part interview process starting with my team lead then to the ETL,STL, and finally HRBP it was a week long task that had plenty of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tim ewhen you had mutiple things to do in a short period of time, what did you do.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR. Then I was invited back to me with three other people from the team. I also had to do an online test which consisted of an IQ and personality test. The test was hard and many people that I spoke with agreed that the test was tricky and they didn't think they would be hired.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview of basic questions with a recruiter. Contaced a couple of days later to schedule an interview. Had 24 hours to complete a personality and IQ type test. Interview consisted of 3 groups of people. Took about 2 hours total. STAR format questions/answers. Was contacted a week later via phone by the recruiter that I didn't get the job.

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on the website for the position and scheduled a phone interview within a week of submitting. The lady who interviewed me asked some behavioral questions about prior work or school experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with an authority figure, how did you resolve it   1 Answer

Overnight Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Phone interview, and two in person interviews. Process took about 2 weeks. An offer was made after the third interview. Started working two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You take what they offer, or you don't work.

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized and rushed. They asked some personality question. When I told them what I applied for they seemed to be confused. Told them I wanted to be overnight and they were interviewing me for the sales floor and cashier.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in x situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

A series of predetermined questions for manager to determine if you're right for the job. If you answered them adequately was up to the interviewing manager (Team Lead) for what ever department you are being hired to decides you are a good candidate you are then escalated to the Executive Team Lead to interview you further. The Executive Team Lead asks you more questions about past workplaces and your reasons for leaving previous jobs if you have and why you applied at target. After you go through that line of questioning you are escalated to the human resources manager. Human resources tells you your start date pending you pass a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you encounter a problem in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager gave me a call with some attitude like they were doing me a favor, however scheduled me for an interview. They made me what up to an hour of the scheduled interview time and to make matters once, I took initiative to find a manager to tell them I was waiting only to be met with disdain. Instead of being upfront they sent me an email to tell me I was not hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (North Wales, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Began by applying online and within days an email asked if I would want to speak about the opportunities. I replied by email and was told to call to schedule an appointment for a phone interview.

The phone interview went smoothly with a friendly overnight manager. He asked a few situational and behavioral questions and my availability. Immediately scheduled a face-to-face interview a couple days later.

I arrived 10 minutes early and wore dress clothes with a tie. I was told to wait in the break room and waited 30 minutes over of the scheduled appointment time. The interview was shorter than my phone interview and only had a couple more situational and behavioral questions. I got an email days later saying I was no longer considered for the position.

My best guess why I didn't get the position is either because, I told them I had to cut my days for college to only weekends after summer or since I had no job experience. But job experience usually isn't a problem for target.

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Mundelein, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal overnight backroom position online on a Wednesday night (took about 30 minutes to complete - no resumé needed), and got a call the next day asking to come in for an interview on Friday. The whole process was very easy (this was my first REAL interview, as the only other job I've had wasn't obtained with a formal interview). I wore nicer-ish street clothes and walked up to guest services and told them I was there for an interview, they retrieved the person set to give it, and that person walked me to a back office. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and my first interviewer made small talk before beginning. It starts with the generic "tell me about yourself" then goes into situational questions. These can vary from interview to interview, but if you spend 20 minutes reading others' questions on Glassdoor and rehearse answers, you'll be fine. Basically, as long as you can sound confident, through, and immediate, they'll probably like whatever you have to say. Then the first interviewer left and a second came in, and the process was basically repeated (with different questions). I was then walked to a supervisor and my interviewer asked her to write me a job offer right there. That person talked to me for a few minutes, we set up an orientation date, and i was all set to go! A job in 3 days time.

Interview Questions

• Read what other posters have put as everything you could be asked is on Glassdoor, but be prepared to say what you gained or what the result of each situation you describe is, as I was asked multiple times at the end of my answers/stories to expound on this.   Answer Question