Target Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Wesley Chapel, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with initial phone conversation with District Admin to assess your level. Followed by three interviews with five situation based questions. (Tell me about a time). There are five questions in each interview and most questions overlap in the characteristics they look to expose. Best way to prepare is to think of 10 things you are proud of, 5 situations you would redo of you could. Think in a situation, behavior, outcome model

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked through a stressful situation with a peer. How did you resolve the situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Several behavioral interviews. They ask you for specific situations such as telling them about a time you had to give tough feedback. You progress from store managers all the way up to group directors and they all ask questions to see if you are a leader and can manage people. They also ask questions to see if your personality matches what they look for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without have all your resources   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter through email and set up a interview the following week. The interview was over the phone and she asked basic interview questions. Waiting to hear back from them now.

Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

A lot of 'explain a time when' situations. A lot of it is to see how you have handled leadership rolls. Always turn it into something positive. Don't say 'umm' Interviews can be as little as 3 or four to five. Depends on how you represent yourself.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a hard team member to deal with and how did you deal with it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

There's actually 5 steps to the interview process once you submit the application: 1. HR Recruiter will do a pre-screen interview to ensure you qualify for the position in order to advance to the actual interview process. 2. The first of three interviews is with the HR Recruiter 2. You must then complete a very lengthy assessment in order to have an interview with a Target HR Representative & Store Manager 3. Last interview is with the District Manager & will potentially do the job offer then. The overall process is long but well worth it. During the first two interviews, you get great feedback on how well the interview went as well as a few pointers on things that need improvements. Definitely do your research on the company before your first interview. Have questions ready as well. Have basic questions for the interview with the HR Recruiter. When interviewing with the District & store manager, have job related questions ready as well. This is very important in how they perceive you & want to know that you for sure have an interest in the company. Also, when taking the assessment, during the timed portion, do not take too much time on any question. You will not be able to finish if you do so & that will have a negative impact on your overall score.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where I had to adapt to a particular change that seemed difficult not only for yourself but for other co-workers or employees. What was the change you had to adapt to, what steps did you take to adapt, how did you help your team adapt.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (College Park, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked only 4 behavioral questions as well as why I wanted to work for Target. Make sure you think about the issue they are asking about, what you did to fix the issue and what the end result was. Took a short amount of time. Interviewer was very friendly and let you take time to think about answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a colleague or employee and how it got resolved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All situation based questions. Explain what happened, what did you do to fix it? and what was the outcome? It's all about customer service! If you don't like people interaction, this is not a job for you.

Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Ellicott City, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Conducted 2 phone interviews, and 2 face to face interviews. Each interview used the exact same questions, there was really no creativity in the interview process. After the second phone interview, I knew that I only needed to memorize the questions for the rest of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to carefully manage a timeline to complete an assignment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a solid offer, and accepted it. Being retired military, I would have appreciated the opportunity to trade out of the health plan for more monetary compensation.

Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the interview at the designated time in a suit and tie. I waited for 30 minutes, 15 minutes past my interview time. I did an interview with the a\Executive Team Leader of Assets Protection, then did an interview with his manager, then did an interview with her manager, then did a phone interview with a regional manager. Huge waste of time because the position I was supposed to fill; the guy decided not to leave.

Interview Questions

• about 30 general personality questions printed out in packets.
      Describe one time when.......
      Describe a time when....
      How would you handle......
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was very long. There were several steps...I believe 4-5 interviews and screenings so that the management could really get a feel for the type of employee you would be. They asked mostly behavioral questions. I had three phone interviews, a Skype interview, and an in person interview. My experience was much more positive than some of the process experiences I've heard from other employees. Usually after the interview the interviewer would tell you where you need to improve and how you "scored" on the interview which I found very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with a difficult person and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question