Target Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 face to face interviews. the phone interview was pretty easy just asking basic questions trying to get a feel for your personality. Face to Face interviews were more in depth.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a decision that was very hard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Bozeman, MT) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a 3 interview process, first the recruiter E-mails you and sets up a phone interview, Then the District Logistics manager has a face time interview with you, Then you get to interview with the store manager if you passed the first 2.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you came to your supervisor with a new idea   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your daily routine to achieve a long term goal   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a professional relationship with some one whose views differed from your own.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to give some one feedback on a job they did.   Answer Question
    • Tell me About your self   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to admit you were wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catoosa, OK

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter through my e-mail. She asked if we could set up a time to chat over the phone. We talked the next day and she asked me basic questions like "tell me about yourself and your job history" and "why do you want to work for target"
    When we finished talking about the job, she said she wanted to move forward with the process and schedule my "formal interview"
    All of the "tell me about a time" questions were from the formal interview. There were 5 questions. (Trying to remember the other one) and it was a quick conversation. Less than 15 minutes.
    She said they would let me know by Monday if I get to move even more forward with the hiring process. So we will see!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Let me start by saying, I am glad I can do anything I can to help someone get a job. I lost my job after seven years and did not see it coming. I was bitter and overall angry, but the experienced humbled me. I vowed to help people deal with the stress of being let go from a job and prosper.

I created a profile on Target Careers web page. Two days later I received an email to set up a phone meet and greet with a recruiter. I did my phone meet and greet where she asked about my training, education and experience. Also "Why Target" was asked. Do your research, read the "Purpose and Beliefs" statement on their site. Think of how your past experience ties into that and how it will continue to do so. Be enthusiastic. She then told me she wanted to do a more formal interview with me the following week. It was four behavioral based questions. As everybody reiterates on the Glassdoor site use STAR method when answering these questions. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Tell a story when answering the questions (beginning, middle and end). Think of examples that show your leadership, motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to learn from mistakes and grow). She immediately told me I was going to be sent to a store for an interview with a Store Team Leader (STL).

A week later I interviewed at my local store with the STL. Four behavior based questions. Meeting with the store manager is your time to shine. Be enthusiastic, think of examples that show leadership and the other aforementioned qualities. Of course: Do your hair, shave and wear a suit. Don't forget your resume. Don't be afraid to engage in conversation if they start talking to you. Put a smile on your face and talk to them. That tells them how you will interact with guests.

About four days later, I received a call to set up an interview with the District Team Leader and Human Resource Business Partner. I was then tasked with doing an assessment online in order to continue through the process. A week later I interviewed with them at the district office. Again, don't be afraid to engage in conversation if they are talking to you casually. That is your clue to let your guard down and relax a little.

All interviews are behavior based questions. Don't forget STAR method. Examples should be as recent as possible and demonstrate all the above. If you visit this site, I am sure you have seen all of the interview questions. I had some variations of the questions posted on here from other users. Some questions, I had not seen at all.

Four days later I received the call for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave up an opportunity for a commitment?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Consisted off 5 interviews- one preliminary which was a get to know you interview (informal) and the four from there were behavioral based interviews with different leaders. Questions change per interview but they will always ask you to tell them about yourself (typical elevator speech and then some more personal information) and also ask what you want to work for Target.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was originally contacted by a recruiter. I completed a phone interview with the recruiter and then was passed on to a one on one interview with a district manager. Very basic situation based interview questions with an expected behavioral answer with less emphasis on the outcome.

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a University career fair and scheduled an interview. Before the interview, they had me complete an online assessment with primarily situational/behavioral questions. Had two interviews back to back. First interview was with two store managers and the second interview was with a regional manager, but both interviews were similar in terms of questions asked. Heard back in the next 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a mistake, how did you come back from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you worked with people to complete a difficult task   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interviews are prompt and professional. Some stores have an automated system where you can book / schedule interviews. Its one on of the easier interviews I have had. If you have a referral please use it, it shows team work and Target is big on teamwork. You will go through three rounds of interviews and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for target?
      Give me a time you made a mistake?
      Give me a team when you brought a team together?
      Describe your leadership.
      Give a summary of your work/job history.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I really appreciated the interview process. All I really can is make sure you are prepared for the interview and the questions that their going to ask (S.T.A.R. METHOD)

The assessment originally was suppose to take me 60 minutes, but it took me 3 hours. It was pretty hard (personal opinion).

The ladies that interviewed me were pretty nice though. Ask them questions about the assessment, they may offers tips on the best way of taking it.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in which you know you were wrong ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tucson, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Met recruiter at Job Fair. They called me within a week to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was simple basic interview questions. It was the online test that was tough for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation on how you handled a disgruntled employee.
      What Type of leader are you.   Answer Question