Target Group Leader - DC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Group Leader - DC Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.4

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in May 2017.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews. Each interview asked four behavioral questions. They also give you an open forum at the beginning of the interview so be sure to have an elevator speech ready to tell them about you and your experiences. I was interviewing for a position that is in another state so first two interviews were over the phone and third interview was on Skype. I found most the interviewers to be positive in tone and polite. The last interviewers I had could not figure out how to turn their own cameras on and had a very negative tone in their voice from the very beginning of the interview. Wish they were more prepared before the interview started and had figured out all the issues prior to having a candidate ready for their interview. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you didn't get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I do not recall where the recruiter received my information, but I was first contacted by email from a recruiter. I was set up two phone interviews, one informal and one formal. And example of a question from these interviews would be "Explain a time you were curious and what the result was." I was required to take a personality/ logic test. It wasn't difficult. An example would be 'James always arrives at work before Sarah. Kim always arrives at work at the same time as Lenny. Sarah always arrives at work after Lenny. Which one of these statements is true?' Then an A-E option. This section is timed. Later I was scheduled for an in person interview at the facility. The process began with a tour throughout the building and an introduction to the type of operation. Later, there was a introduction to the particular position I was interviewing for. After that, there were two separate interviews, both times being interviewed by two management personnel. I was contacted two days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you required criticism.   1 Answer
    • Explain a situation in which a coworker had a differing but viable plan for a situation and how you handled the circumstance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midway, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Midway, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the recruiters from Target at a Career Fair at my university. I had an on campus interview with a recruiter. I then recieved a phone call to go to the distribution center in Midway, GA for an interview. I was given a tour of the distribution center, then had an interview with two Senior Group Leaders, then an interview with the general manager. I received a phone call about 3 days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when a project you were working on didn't go as planned." They wanted the problem, the solution you came up with to fix the problem, and then the result.   Answer Question

Group Leader - DC Interview

Interview

Very simple, easy questions. Was roughly 15-20 mins long. Interviewer was friendly. She mention different openings at Target that my resume fit. Interview was question after question and then at the end she asked if I had any. I asked her questions and she went to great depth with her answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your work experience. What made you interested in Target. Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Midlothian, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Ask if I had some time to talk about Target. Called me the next day, and it turned into a phone interview. Scheduled a in person interview at the end of the call... I was on vacation? So my in person interview was postponed for a week. Had my interview and got my offer the next day. Took a total of 3 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Tifton, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone call Was roughly 15-20 mins long. Interviewer was nice and helpful with any questions I had about the position.was told I would need to take a behavioral assessment test and then that would determine if I would move on for another interview at the DC. From there if I did well then there would be another phone interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your work experience. What made you interested in Target. Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How much do you currently make and what do you expect to make if you get the job.   Answer Question

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview with general behavioral questions. Use the questions as an opportunity to talk about your previous professional experience. Have questions for interviewer but don't go over the edge with too many questions (2-3).

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

For this process they mainly do a behavior based interview. The process started out with a quick phone interview with maybe two questions. Then that person set up a second phone interview where they asked the usual questions such as "tell me about yourself?" Then the interviewer went into four or five behavior-based questions. If you get through this the next step is interviews at the DC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Several hours of panel interviews. The interviewers were very laid back and wearing jeans. They were somewhat unprofessional and asked primarily behavioral interview questions, expecting responses in the form of the STAR method.

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target in December 2015.

Interview

Still going through the process. So far I attended an open house where the GM discussed the climate and culture of Target. We also were given a tour of the DC and were able to observe team members working. The tour was led by the GM and a senior group leader who answered questions while we toured and held a question and answer period at the end of the evening. I reached out to the recruiter to inquire about the next steps and was scheduled for a phone interview. During the open house, I was told that I may receive a personal tour and one-on-one interview.