Target Group Leader - DC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Group Leader - DC Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midway, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Midway, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the recruiters from Target at a Career Fair at my university. I had an on campus interview with a recruiter. I then recieved a phone call to go to the distribution center in Midway, GA for an interview. I was given a tour of the distribution center, then had an interview with two Senior Group Leaders, then an interview with the general manager. I received a phone call about 3 days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when a project you were working on didn't go as planned." They wanted the problem, the solution you came up with to fix the problem, and then the result.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Group Leader - DC Interview

Interview

Very simple, easy questions. Was roughly 15-20 mins long. Interviewer was friendly. She mention different openings at Target that my resume fit. Interview was question after question and then at the end she asked if I had any. I asked her questions and she went to great depth with her answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your work experience. What made you interested in Target. Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Midlothian, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Ask if I had some time to talk about Target. Called me the next day, and it turned into a phone interview. Scheduled a in person interview at the end of the call... I was on vacation? So my in person interview was postponed for a week. Had my interview and got my offer the next day. Took a total of 3 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Tifton, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone call Was roughly 15-20 mins long. Interviewer was nice and helpful with any questions I had about the position.was told I would need to take a behavioral assessment test and then that would determine if I would move on for another interview at the DC. From there if I did well then there would be another phone interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your work experience. What made you interested in Target. Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How much do you currently make and what do you expect to make if you get the job.   Answer Question

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview with general behavioral questions. Use the questions as an opportunity to talk about your previous professional experience. Have questions for interviewer but don't go over the edge with too many questions (2-3).

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

For this process they mainly do a behavior based interview. The process started out with a quick phone interview with maybe two questions. Then that person set up a second phone interview where they asked the usual questions such as "tell me about yourself?" Then the interviewer went into four or five behavior-based questions. If you get through this the next step is interviews at the DC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Several hours of panel interviews. The interviewers were very laid back and wearing jeans. They were somewhat unprofessional and asked primarily behavioral interview questions, expecting responses in the form of the STAR method.

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target in December 2015.

Interview

Still going through the process. So far I attended an open house where the GM discussed the climate and culture of Target. We also were given a tour of the DC and were able to observe team members working. The tour was led by the GM and a senior group leader who answered questions while we toured and held a question and answer period at the end of the evening. I reached out to the recruiter to inquire about the next steps and was scheduled for a phone interview. During the open house, I was told that I may receive a personal tour and one-on-one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Albany, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a tour of the DC, an orientation, and then two interviews. Even though there were other people there interviewing for the same position, the HR team did a great job at not making things awkward. Ask lots of questions during the tour and orientation, it shows that you've done your homework and that you're interested. Also ask questions at the end of the interviews. The first interview was with the general manager and the second was with two HR business partners. Regardless of receiving an offer, it was the most pleasant and thorough interview process I have ever been through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when halfway through a project you realized things weren't going as planned and you had to make changes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told in the initial phone interview that the salary range was between 55k and 57k per year. When they called with an offer I was offered more than that so I didn't negotiate.

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a 30 minute phone interview just discussing the position followed by 2 interview-type questions. A month later I went to the actual distribution center where I got a tour of the facility and was then interviewed by 2 senior group leaders followed by a second interview with the general manager. Each interview asked me why I chose Target followed by 4 situational-based questions (tell me about a time when...). The interview process was easy and everyone made me feel super comfortable. I spent a couple hours preparing for this interview by looking at the sample interview questions provided on Glassdoor and practicing answering them. This helped a ton when I was in the actual interview as I felt extremely prepared. I think they liked that I didn't have to think too long about my answers and I answered each question in-depth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to reach out to multiple sources to accomplish a goal. What is your leadership style?   Answer Question